PDA

View Full Version : Contest Results Boston Hills BBQ Fest - Boston, NY

Pages : [1] 2

The Giggler
01-10-2009, 11:17 PM
The Patchin Fire Company is pleased to announce the Inaugural Boston Hills BBQ Fest. Our event will take place on June 26th, 27th and 28th. The weekend will feature a KCBS State Championship BBQ Competition on Saturday, a Wide Open Grilling Contest on Sunday, as well as rides, live music, beverages, food, crafters, fireworks, a car show, and a garden tractor pull.

I am the Contest Chairman, and would be glad to answer any questions you may have. Applications are available. Please send me a PM with your email address, and I will send one out. The website will be up shortly. Hope to see you in June!

HoDeDo
01-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Smoke on Wheels plans on attending!!! If the stars align, we'll be stopping on our whirlwind NY tour that will go to Lake Placid.

lunchlady
01-11-2009, 10:39 AM
nice job Mike (and yer crew)! Takes a LOT of work Mr. Chairman... I wish you the best!

So that means ... Boston, Clarence, Lake Placid, Troy, Hudson Valley and Sayville are all NY state championships, and therefore there may be 6 (did I miss any?) GC's to go into a hat for the Jack?
Wow... not bad for a state that wasn't even represented until not that long ago.

Congrats, and THANKS to everyone who is helping real BBQ grow in leaps and bounds in all the NY areas!!! Keep up the good work!

p.s. can't wait to see Smoke On Wheels this summer! Good times, good times.
Will you be bringing that snazzy crown on it's first NorthEast tour??

HoDeDo
01-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Heck no, That crown weighs to darn much!! Besides, I think the Griswold BBQ Vacation trailer is going to be packed to the hilt.

At this point, I think the plan is to roll into Boston, Thurs night - cook the Boston Hills BBQ Fest - then go visit a colleague in Rochester... then work my way on up to the placid area. I would imagine we are going to try to hook up with Sean, Scott, and any other takers during the week prior. Then we will get in to the placid site on Wed... enjoy some of the activities there, cook the comp... then enjoy a leisurely trip back with a stop or two along the way. Should end up being about a 13-14 day trip, including two NE contests! We can't wait.

I'm going to be talking with Scottie, about some of his activities that were a hit with his girls... and sync up with Sean, and Scott for some other activities... I will make sure I communicate with you guys so we can get to see everyone!

We're really excited about making the trip. (Now lets just hope employment holds long enough to allow it to happen!!!!)

goodsmokebbq
01-11-2009, 05:11 PM
nice job Mike (and yer crew)! Takes a LOT of work Mr. Chairman... I wish you the best!

So that means ... Boston, Clarence, Lake Placid, Troy, Hudson Valley and Sayville are all NY state championships, and therefore there may be 6 (did I miss any?) GC's to go into a hat for the Jack?
Wow... not bad for a state that wasn't even represented until not that long ago.

Congrats, and THANKS to everyone who is helping real BBQ grow in leaps and bounds in all the NY areas!!! Keep up the good work!

Don't forget Roc City Rib Fest:-P... In Rochester, NY May 23-24th (shameless plug :-D)

The Giggler
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Goodsmokebbq is right! That's 7 NY Contests in 2009!

And we're offering the winner of the Roc City Rib Fest a FREE entry into the Boston Hills BBQ Fest (KCBS)! The winner of the Boston Hills BBQ Fest will receive a free entry into the 2010 Roc City Rib Fest. How's that for a little "Upstate/Western New York" cross promotion action!

The Giggler
01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
[quote=lunchlady;822530]nice job Mike (and yer crew)! Takes a LOT of work Mr. Chairman... I wish you the best!

Thanks Michelle! The Patchin Fire Company is a great group, and their hearts and minds are in the right place for this event. No doubt there's a lot of work, but thank goodness there are a lot of volunteers. GC and RGC trophies for KCBS are very, very cool.

Your post didn't mention a request for an application. :wink: Shall I send one out?

CTSmokehouse
01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
The Patchin Fire Company is pleased to announce the Inaugural Boston Hills BBQ Fest. Our event will take place on June 26th, 27th and 28th. The weekend will feature a KCBS State Championship BBQ Competition on Saturday, a Wide Open Grilling Contest on Sunday, as well as rides, live music, beverages, food, crafters, fireworks, a car show, and a garden tractor pull.

I am the Contest Chairman, and would be glad to answer any questions you may have. Applications are available. Please send me a PM with your email address, and I will send one out. The website will be up shortly. Hope to see you in June!

Sounds like fun.... Thanks for Chairing....

Should I bring Plum Wood....?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

U2CANQUE
01-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Well I reckon that I should be heading out to the contest....any volunteers from the Chevy dealership?....laughing....I did send them a great customer satisfaction survey......looking forward to it.....even with the ringer heading in from MO........should be a great time....

WannaBeBBQueen
01-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Swamp Pit BBQ will be joining everybody, sounds like a good time!

The Giggler
02-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Here's the latest contest news about the Boston Hills BBQ Fest:

We have set the maximum number of contestants to be 49 this year. Entry forms and judging registration forms are being sent out daily. The Governor's Proclamation Request Letter is in the right hands, and we expect to have that back in the coming weeks.

Looks like we're headed toward a full roster, and all of the judges that have registered so far, are KCBS certified. Payouts will be based on the field. Trophies will be awarded through 5th, and ribbons through 10th.

If you plan on competing or judging, please get your paperwork in. Looking forward to seeing you in June!

Mike Cartechine
Contest Chairman
Boston Hills BBQ Fest

LindaM
02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
And Rochester, NY don't forget Brian that is lucky #7, so now about the NY CUP

HoDeDo
02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
We are looking forward to it! We are knee deep in trip planning now!!! :)

goodsmokebbq
02-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Gonna get that app out!

WannaBeBBQueen
02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
our app went in the mailbox today:biggrin:

The Giggler
02-10-2009, 09:08 AM
our app went in the mailbox today:biggrin:

Thanks Julie! Looking forward to seeing you guys!

WannaBeBBQueen
02-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Hey Mike, how do we get on the judging list for the grilling event?

The Giggler
02-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey Mike, how do we get on the judging list for the grilling event?

I am going to have to let you know on that one.

Here's how we are seating Judges. Its first come, first served. Certified KCBS Judges willing to judge BOTH the KCBS and the Grilling Events, will be given priority. So far, all the judges who have registered are KCBS Certified, and have committed to judge both days.

If we need judges for Sunday, I know who to approach. Stay tuned sports fans. :-D

HoDeDo
02-10-2009, 06:55 PM
You might be able to get Kim or I for judging on the Grilling day too... I am really struggling with what I would try to enter if we cooked that. But judging it would be quite interesting!

The Giggler
02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
You might be able to get Kim or I for judging on the Grilling day too... I am really struggling with what I would try to enter if we cooked that. But judging it would be quite interesting!

See post #18 :-D

CTSmokehouse
02-10-2009, 09:27 PM
So..?

Should I bring Plum Wood....?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

So should I bring Plum Wood?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

The Giggler
02-11-2009, 08:44 AM
So should I bring Plum Wood?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I've got plenty more if you make the trip out!

CTSmokehouse
02-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I've got plenty more if you make the trip out!

Now that sounds like a plan!

U2CANQUE
02-11-2009, 09:57 PM
looks like there may be a joint project.....smoke on wheels muhchkins hanging with them ohio city boys for the grilling contest........Mike we are all looking forward to your contest I do believe.....hope that you guys had fun tonight.......I know that I had a blast chatting it all up.....

HoDeDo
02-12-2009, 08:33 AM
looks like there may be a joint project.....smoke on wheels muhchkins hanging with them ohio city boys for the grilling contest........Mike we are all looking forward to your contest I do believe.....hope that you guys had fun tonight.......I know that I had a blast chatting it all up.....

Think his spreadsheet would choke on that long arse name?

Them Grillin' Ohio City Smoke on Wheels Boys and Girls. :-P:rolleyes:

U2CANQUE
02-12-2009, 05:17 PM
laughing, making that too easy......kinda like, supercalifragilistic expialidocious ....

The Giggler
03-10-2009, 08:16 PM
News:

We received the Governor's Proclamation today! This document grants STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Status to the Boston Hills BBQ Fest.

The New England BBQ Society also approved the KCBS contest to count towards the NEBS Team Of The Year.

Diva Q
03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
We are sending our app for this one tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

WannaBeBBQueen
03-11-2009, 06:54 AM
News:

We received the Governor's Proclamation today! This document grants STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Status to the Boston Hills BBQ Fest.

The New England BBQ Society also approved the KCBS contest to count towards the NEBS Team Of The Year.

Excellent! Congrats!!:biggrin:

The Giggler
04-21-2009, 07:25 PM
So far, 100% of the judges signed up are KCBS Certified and willing to judge both days. I'm a little taken back that there are more judges confirmed than teams.... :roll:

Where are all those entry forms and checks I've been promised? :biggrin:

We're working on the completion of two, awesome, custom trophies for GC and RGC for KCBS. I'll post the pictures as soon as they are ready. BTW with 40 teams - we're paying through 10th, and awarding trophies (not ribbons) through 10th place.

HoDeDo
04-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Mine's in the mail! It's on like Donkey Kong!!!

The Giggler
04-22-2009, 06:33 AM
Thank Andy! I'll keep an eye out for it in the mail.

U2CANQUE
04-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Where are all those entry forms and checks I've been promised? :biggrin:

I have one more to pay off......I know I will not miss it....even if I have to auction off Nicole for Pit B**ch work in Danville, Marietta, Trotwood.....a package deal....:twisted:

Has there been a Uncle Bobo's Traveling siting yet?

The Giggler
04-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Has there been a Uncle Bobo's Traveling siting yet?

????

U2CANQUE
04-22-2009, 08:01 AM
traveling all stars?

The Giggler
04-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ All Stars is rumored to be in the lineup!

U2CANQUE
04-22-2009, 10:39 AM
that alone is worth the price of admission.....

HoDeDo
04-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Do I want to know?

WannaBeBBQueen
04-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Do I want to know?probably not...lol:biggrin:

U2CANQUE
04-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Laughs.....ahhhh, the joys of a WNY weekend!!!

pigmaker23
04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Coming soon to town near you, featuring all new video section for 2009 !!!!

oceanpigassassins
04-23-2009, 09:59 AM
would love to go think there is another contest that day

U2CANQUE
04-23-2009, 11:59 AM
featuring all new video section for 2009
Family friendly right:biggrin:.........right?:twisted:

The Giggler
04-23-2009, 12:05 PM
would love to go think there is another contest that day

And we'd love to have you come on out. Easy driving for you the whole way.

I don't believe there are any conflicts in the NE. Sandwiched between NH and LP.

State Championship w/ Gov. Proc. Awesome trophies. Payout based on field. And 2nd stop on the Empire State BBQ Championship Series.

The Giggler
04-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Smoke on Wheels is confirmed! Thanks for the app and check Andy and Kim!

Sledneck
04-24-2009, 08:08 AM
What hotels are in the area? ANy other attractions in the area ? Thinking about coming up and making a weekend out of it. Unfortunately I cannot compete

The Giggler
04-24-2009, 08:57 AM
What hotels are in the area? ANy other attractions in the area ? Thinking about coming up and making a weekend out of it.

We have FANTASTIC snowmobile trails! LOL!

There's a lot of history that includes a Naval Museum, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Niagara Falls, and more. The Greatest Smallmouth Bass fishery in the World is in the greater Buffalo part of Lake Erie, and the Upper Niagara River. As well as some authentic ethnic restaurants.

We had a Committee meeting last night, and this very topic was discussed. I have been in touch with the Greater Buffalo-Niagara Vistors Center, and they are printing Visitor's Guides for our Competitors and Judges. I will pick these travel guides up mid-May, and they will be a part of the welcome packet at Check In. Visit: www.visitbuffaloniagara.com (http://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com) for more information.

WannaBeBBQueen
04-24-2009, 09:15 AM
We're going to the falls while we're in the area.:biggrin: Should be fun, no one in our group has ever been.

The Giggler
04-24-2009, 09:26 AM
We're going to the falls while we're in the area.:biggrin: Should be fun, no one in our group has ever been.

I am really glad that most teams traveling in, are taking the time to see the sights.

HoDeDo
04-24-2009, 09:27 AM
We will be hitting the falls too, as part of our whirlwind trip. I think we're going to put the trailer in a barrel, and try to ride the falls!!!

Sledneck
04-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Been to the falls and they are worth the trip. The US side is run down but the Canadian side looks real nice and built up. If I were allowed across the border I would rather be on that side. Either way it is awesome. Make sure you go on the boat ride http://www.maidofthemist.com/en/

U2CANQUE
04-24-2009, 09:33 AM

We will be hitting the falls too, as part of our whirlwind trip. I think we're going to put the trailer in a barrel, and try to ride the falls!!!

Was thinking about a Thursday trip to the falls, could make it a special yellow bus tour......love heading up there.....and then I get vacation points from Nicole too.....:biggrin:

Paola Greg
04-24-2009, 09:38 AM
We will be hitting the falls too, as part of our whirlwind trip.

Very envious.

The Giggler
04-24-2009, 03:03 PM
What hotels are in the area? ANy other attractions in the area ? Thinking about coming up and making a weekend out of it. Unfortunately I cannot compete

Sled, all local hotels are on the Entry Form. PM your email, and I'll send you an application. Or visit www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com (http://www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com) for the application.

U2CANQUE
04-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Thinking about coming up and making a weekend out of it. Unfortunately I cannot compete

Why not?.....would be more than welcome to hang in our site........

The Giggler
04-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Why not?.....would be more than welcome to hang in our site........

Yeah, Rob and Andy have both stepped up for the Cook's Pot Luck. Lord knows you'll be in good company and eat well!

And of course, there's always the Swamp Pit BBQ Lounge and Lido Deck! I heard they make great burgers and cocktails. Even if Skip is afraid to scratch the bed of his new truck! :biggrin:

U2CANQUE
04-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Question....do you know of any services in the area that either rent out, or, supply limo/mini-bus services? I was thinking, instead of 3 or 4 carloads hitting the falls, paying for a driver for like the mini bus.......any leads would be appreciated....for like Thursday before noonish.......
Anyone else up for this?

Tinybud
04-25-2009, 07:25 PM
we're gonna see how we fair our at Roc City,, who knows, could get the GC and get entry to boston hills,, never know,, strange things do happen from time to time.lol.

HoDeDo
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I dont think we will be in town by then...

The Giggler
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
we're gonna see how we fair our at Roc City,, who knows, could get the GC and get entry to boston hills,, never know,, strange things do happen from time to time.lol.

You know, Brian and I discussed this. If you enter the BHBF, and end up winning Roc City, we'll reimburse the KCBS entry fee. So you've got nothing to lose!

The Giggler
05-26-2009, 09:15 AM
The Boston Hills BBQ Fest will be a KCBS State Championship!

Here's the list of KCBS and NEBS Open Grilliing Teams:

Swamp Pit BBQ - KCBS
Good Smoke BBQ - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Meadheads - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Formal BBQ and Catering - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Full Pull - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Regal BBQ - KCBS
Dazed & Confused - KCBS
Big Belly BBQ - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Smoke On Wheels - KCBS
Hawg Doctors - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Quau - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Park Place Pit - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Diva Q - KCBS
The 5th Artery - NEBS Open Grilling
Can't Stop Grillin' - KCBS
Red Valley BBQ - KCBS
1st Alarm BBQ - KCBS
Double D Barbque - NEBS Open Grilling

So that's 16 confirmed for KCBS, with 9 competing in the NEBS Open Grilling.

In addition to the State Championship, Boston Hills is the second stop on the Empire State BBQ Championship Series, with 3 of the seven happening in WNY! You only need to cook 4 to have a shot at the title.

It was a pleasure meeting and hanging out with many of you at Roc City this past weekend. I received many verbals this past weekend. Get those entry forms and checks in! If we get to 40 teams, we're paying and awarding trophies through 10th place.

U2CANQUE
05-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Entry on the way.......PROMISE.........Both days........

The Giggler
05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi Julie!

Hope you and the Swamp Pit Crew got home safe and sound. Wanted to personally thank you for the AWESOME Stromboli you brought, and the coffee. Also wanted to let you know that your rig is safely at the PFC Station. Jim and crew really loved the care package. I missed the "Skippy Burgers" and will not make the same mistake at Boston Hills!

WannaBeBBQueen
05-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi Julie!

Hope you and the Swamp Pit Crew got home safe and sound. Wanted to personally thank you for the AWESOME Stromboli you brought, and the coffee. Also wanted to let you know that your rig is safely at the PFC Station. Jim and crew really loved the care package. I missed the "Skippy Burgers" and will not make the same mistake at Boston Hills!

ty so much for taking such good care of our trailer...see ya soon!

The Giggler
05-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Entry on the way.......PROMISE.........Both days........

Paul McCartney Mod - Promises, Promises.... :)

pigmaker23
05-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Application sent today via Camel to your Post Office Box in Ohio

HoDeDo
05-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Mike - I think I'm signed up for the cook's potluck right? If you would be so kind as to shoot me emails addys for the teams; I can get the ball rolling for anyone that wants to join in. looking forward to it!!!

BigBellyBBQ
05-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Mike, nice job to you and your team at Rochester! Looking forward to Boston!

The Giggler
05-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Mike - I think I'm signed up for the cook's potluck right? If you would be so kind as to shoot me emails addys for the teams; I can get the ball rolling for anyone that wants to join in. looking forward to it!!!

Yes, you and Rob are heading up the pot luck. I am a bonafide trout bum and am headed off today on another trip to the mountain streams. I'll be back next week, and will get you all the info.

The Giggler
05-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Mike, nice job to you and your team at Rochester! Looking forward to Boston!

Thanks a bunch, Pete. Congrats to you and your team too on your calls.

RGC was a nice surprise. All 4 KCBS in the top ten was a shocker. All in all, a great way to debut a new team. Thanks again.

HoDeDo
05-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks a bunch, Pete. Congrats to you and your team too on your calls.

RGC was a nice surprise. All 4 KCBS in the top ten was a shocker. All in all, a great way to debut a new team. Thanks again.

Glad you are organizing Boston hills and not cooking it!!!:twisted: Take it easy on a brother.:-P

The Giggler
05-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Glad you are organizing Boston hills and not cooking it!!!:twisted: Take it easy on a brother.:-P

The other half of Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars will be cooking BHBF, without Angela and I. I can't promise that Eric and Grace will take it easy on you! LOL! I can promise I won't be a factor.

Besides, Mr Bobo is high maintenance. Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi chilled to exactly 37 degrees with exactly 12.2 Perrier Ice Cubes, Fragrance Free Wet Naps, and who could forget the crushed velvet throw for the Lafuma? I'm glad to have the weekend off from that. :-P

U2CANQUE
05-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Besides, Mr Bobo is high maintenance. Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi chilled to exactly 37 degrees with exactly 12.2 Perrier Ice Cubes, Fragrance Free Wet Naps, and who could forget the crushed velvet throw for the Lafuma? I'm glad to have the weekend off from that.

now that is funny!! coffee out the nose funny...

Andy, I think that you have competed against some of the best of the best.....vacation, we are hoping that you save it up for the Lake.....and just head into Boston Hills for a nice relaxing time.....well, until the grilling contest that is.....:twisted:.......then game on.....looking forward to cooking with you and the girls....oh yeah, and cannot forget wife too.....:biggrin:

The Giggler
06-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Two more teams have been added to the roster:

Smokin' Eagles - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Wing Night - NEBS Open Grilling

Also, anyone who hasn't sent their entry form in yet, we are waiving the LATE REGISTRATION FEE. Be sure to get them in!

As stated in a previous post, the Boston Hills BBQ Fest IS a Qualifier for the Jack and American Royal Invitational. If we get 40 teams entered and paid, we will pay and award TROPHIES through 10th place.

smknwhlswife
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
now that is funny!! coffee out the nose funny...

Andy, I think that you have competed against some of the best of the best.....vacation, we are hoping that you save it up for the Lake.....and just head into Boston Hills for a nice relaxing time.....well, until the grilling contest that is.....:twisted:.......then game on.....looking forward to cooking with you and the girls....oh yeah, and cannot forget wife too.....:biggrin:

Yeah, can't forget me.....I'm the one who takes care of the "big kid". lol The girls came up with a grilling team name: Oh-I-Kan Grill
We can add to it or just leave it as it is, up to you.

The Giggler
06-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, can't forget me.....I'm the one who takes care of the "big kid". lol The girls came up with a grilling team name: Oh-I-Kan Grill
We can add to it or just leave it as it is, up to you.

A little play on words with Ohio - Kansas teamwork deal, huh? NICE!

Rob - make sure you send in two seperate entry forms for Them Ohio City Boys and Oh-I-Kan Grill.

I've got the Visitor's Guides for the welcome packet. We'll keep you guys busy after the contest too! Also, Honcho of Smokin' Eagles has some connections with travel in and around the falls. I will list his contact info on a future email to teams.

If you get a chance to do the Whirlpool Jet Boats, its crazy fun. Not for the faint of heart.

U2CANQUE
06-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Oh-I-Kan Grill
I love it, talk about a Ohio/Kansas connection, joined in with a Carolina Boy....lol.....
Thanks for the heads up about how to register that Mike, I was just sending in one....but, will correct that now.......

HONCHO GREGORY
06-01-2009, 11:05 PM
OK, I have been out working the streets for our event. And I got some space for you folks B-4 or after the Boston Hills event, My back yd is 800' x 110' lots of space for camping You spot your trailer go see the sites, spend the night here free If you perfer I also hooked Holiday express (1-716-298-4500 ask 4 Kristina, also works with a bus tour company )n Days inn (1-716-743-9224 ask 4 Ricky) at the end of my street 2 miles from the city limits, Pass word, barebecue any questions call me at 1-716-695-3755

WannaBeBBQueen
06-02-2009, 06:29 AM
OK, I have been out working the streets for our event. And I got some space for you folks B-4 or after the Boston Hills event, My back yd is 800' x 110' lots of space for camping You spot your trailer go see the sites, spend the night here free If you perfer I also hooked Holiday express (1-716-298-4500 ask 4 Kristina, also works with a bus tour company )n Days inn (1-716-743-9224 ask 4 Ricky) at the end of my street 2 miles from the city limits, Pass word, barebecue any questions call me at 1-716-695-3755

Great thanks for the info!!

The Giggler
06-02-2009, 12:28 PM

Thanks Honcho!

The Giggler
06-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I love it, talk about a Ohio/Kansas connection, joined in with a Carolina Boy....lol.....
Thanks for the heads up about how to register that Mike, I was just sending in one....but, will correct that now.......

You can send one check, do two entry forms if you are cooking as Oh-I-Kan Grill on Sunday.

HoDeDo
06-02-2009, 04:49 PM

That sounds awesome! I was just starting to think about places to stay along the way on our griswold family trip :) Thanks!!!

The Giggler
06-03-2009, 02:39 AM
That sounds awesome! I was just starting to think about places to stay along the way on our griswold family trip :) Thanks!!!

Audrey: I don't want to stay in the car anymore. I wanna go home. I don't want to go to the BBQ Contests.

Rusty: Yeah! It's been a real drag, dad! Maybe we should try some other time.

Ellen: What do you think?

Clark: I THINK YOU'RE ALL MESSED UP IN THE HEAD! WE'RE THREE HOURS FROM THE NEXT MECCA OF BBQ KNOWN AS NEW YORK STATE AND YOU WANT TO BAIL OUT! WELL I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING! THIS IS NO LONGER A VACATION! IT'S A QUEST. IT'S A QUEST FOR FUN! I'M GONNA HAVE FUN AND YOU'RE GONNA HAVE FUN! WE'RE ALL GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN WE'RE GONNA NEED PLASTIC SURGERY TO REMOVE OUR SMILES! WE'LL ALL BE WHISTLIN' ZIP-A-DEE-DOO-DAH AS WE BBQ! I GOTTA BE CRAZY!

Rusty: Dad, you want an asprin of something?
____

Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it.
____

Couldn't resist a couple quotes from 'Vacation' - we're siked to have you guys coming out from Kansas. Wishing you a safe and pleasant journey. :-D

I'll have my sauce and rub order to you shortly.

The Giggler
06-03-2009, 03:01 AM
I couldn't resist two more. Its late, I can't sleep because I had coffee too late in the day, and now I've got the giggles and grins from reading movie quotes.

Clark: (Eulogizing Aant Edna) Oh Lord, ease our suffering in this our time of great despair. Admit this good and decent woman into thine heavenly area up there. The flock. And Mohab laid down by the band of the Kingonights and although the Hindues speak of carma, I implore you, give, give her a break.... (Singing)Barookatah, Hallalooyah.
____

Clark: (Complaining to car dealer) I distinctly ordered the antartic blue Super Sportswagon with the CB and the optional Rally fun pack!

Dealer: You mean you didn't order the... uh... metallic pea?
____

Maybe someone could bring this movie to show on Saturday Night at the Boston Hills BBQ Fest?!?! Okay. I'm done now.

HoDeDo
06-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Clark: I THINK YOU'RE ALL MESSED UP IN THE HEAD! WE'RE THREE HOURS FROM THE NEXT MECCA OF BBQ KNOWN AS NEW YORK STATE AND YOU WANT TO BAIL OUT! WELL I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING! THIS IS NO LONGER A VACATION! IT'S A QUEST. IT'S A QUEST FOR FUN! I'M GONNA HAVE FUN AND YOU'RE GONNA HAVE FUN! WE'RE ALL GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN WE'RE GONNA NEED PLASTIC SURGERY TO REMOVE OUR SMILES! WE'LL ALL BE WHISTLIN' ZIP-A-DEE-DOO-DAH AS WE BBQ! I GOTTA BE CRAZY!
____

Couldn't resist a couple quotes from 'Vacation' - we're siked to have you guys coming out from Kansas. Wishing you a safe and pleasant journey. :-D

I'll have my sauce and rub order to you shortly.

Yes, please do figure it out and we will get you set up. :-P

I'm hoping the girls will be on "overload", and no time to whine. We are in a race to get our Passports back, so we can cross the border when we visit Niagara.
Then we'll try to hit AuSable Chasm, Whiteface, All the olympic museums/areas, potentially Mirror lake... As always we are wide open for suggestions.

I couldn't resist two more. Its late, I can't sleep because I had coffee too late in the day, and now I've got the giggles and grins from reading movie quotes.

Clark: (Eulogizing Aant Edna) Oh Lord, ease our suffering in this our time of great despair. Admit this good and decent woman into thine heavenly area up there. The flock. And Mohab laid down by the band of the Kingonights and although the Hindues speak of carma, I implore you, give, give her a break.... (Singing)Barookatah, Hallalooyah.
____

Clark: (Complaining to car dealer) I distinctly ordered the antartic blue Super Sportswagon with the CB and the optional Rally fun pack!

Dealer: You mean you didn't order the... uh... metallic pea?
____

Maybe someone could bring this movie to show on Saturday Night at the Boston Hills BBQ Fest?!?! Okay. I'm done now.

Luckily they did order my truck in Patriot Blue, not Metallic Pea :twisted:
We will see you soon.

You still owe me an email list for the potluck :)

WannaBeBBQueen
06-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Maybe someone could bring this movie to show on Saturday Night at the Boston Hills BBQ Fest?!?! Okay. I'm done now.[/quote]

that would be awesome anyone own it?? Please include us in the travel plans with the Griswold's Niagara Falls tour:biggrin: we too are looking forward to a whine free vacation...lol!

The Giggler
06-03-2009, 01:08 PM

that would be awesome anyone own it?? Please include us in the travel plans with the Griswold's Niagara Falls tour:biggrin: we too are looking forward to a whine free vacation...lol![/quote]

The real question is, does anyone own the movie AND the projection equipment to show on Saturday Night?

One other note of Saturday Night, there is a great fireworks display on the docket. Honestly, it should be nice to close out the KCBS and slide into a relaxing Saturday Evening.

Maybe order a couple sheet pizzas and settle in for a show?

Sledneck
06-03-2009, 01:56 PM
that would be awesome anyone own it?? Please include us in the travel plans with the Griswold's Niagara Falls tour:biggrin: we too are looking forward to a whine free vacation...lol!
The real question is, does anyone own the movie AND the projection equipment to show on Saturday Night?

One other note of Saturday Night, there is a great fireworks display on the docket. Honestly, it should be nice to close out the KCBS and slide into a relaxing Saturday Evening.

Maybe order a couple sheet pizzas and settle in for a show?

What the hell is a sheet pizza? Must be a western NY thing:rolleyes::tongue:

HoDeDo
06-03-2009, 04:39 PM
If I have room, I will pack my projector.... I dont have the movie though... maybe a redbox rental?

Sledneck
06-03-2009, 05:35 PM
If I have room, I will pack my projector.... I dont have the movie though... maybe a redbox rental?
My suitcase is pretty much empty, stick it in there:biggrin:

The Giggler
06-03-2009, 06:38 PM
What the hell is a sheet pizza? Must be a western NY thing:rolleyes::tongue:

Since the Greater Buffalo is about half way between NYC and Chicago, our pizza is in between as far as thickness goes:)

Its big, feeds a lot of people, and from Bella's in Boston, NY its quite good.

WannaBeBBQueen
06-04-2009, 04:48 AM
Since the Greater Buffalo is about half way between NYC and Chicago, our pizza is in between as far as thickness goes:)

sounds like a great idea!

Sledneck
06-04-2009, 08:00 AM

sounds like a great idea!
Pffft sound like the reason why that area is not really considered "New York":biggrin:

ique
06-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Pffft sound like the reason why that area is not really considered "New York":biggrin:

Well thats a good thing

:-D

The Giggler
06-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Well thats a good thing

:-D

Thanks Chris! We think so too! :-P

The questionable people living in "Upstate" are the ones with the giant NYY logo in their rear car windows! Surely, they appreciate paper thin pizza. LOL!

Sledneck
06-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks Chris! We think so too! :-P

The questionable people living in "Upstate" are the ones with the giant NYY logo in their rear car windows! Surely, they appreciate paper thin pizza. LOL!Its no wonder I cant sell my house up there, they eat funny pizza AND are fans of an overpaid choke at the end of the season ball club

Westexbbq
06-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Its no wonder I cant sell my house up there, they eat funny pizza AND are fans of an overpaid choke at the end of the season ball club

You are such a charmer, Steve.:roll:

Good luck to all y'all,
sounds like a lot of fun.

The Giggler
06-04-2009, 04:19 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that we have 20 teams for KCBS with more "promised" entries. Like I said before, if we get 40 teams out for the contest, we're going to award trophies and prize money through 10th place.

New Teams In:
Uncle Bubba's BBQ
Up In Smoke
Yabba Dabba Que!
Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars

The Giggler
06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Julie from Swamp Pit BBQ - Thanks for the t-shirt! Also got the key for your rig. We have a commitee meeting tonight, so I'll check everything out while I'm there.

The Giggler
06-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Julie - your trailer is dry and secure. I got your team a little present. Here's a hint: if you go to pick up you're trailer without me, you are going to need a cutting torch or hacksaw to move it anywhere. Can you guess what it is?:-D

WannaBeBBQueen
06-05-2009, 05:04 AM
hmmm could it be a lock? lol:biggrin:

ty for the good care :lol: enjoy the tee.

The Giggler
06-05-2009, 08:36 AM
hmmm could it be a lock? lol:biggrin:

ty for the good care :lol: enjoy the tee.

Good job! I had an extra Gorilla Lock for trailer tongues. At the meeting last night, I opened it up to make sure everything was okay. Then we drank all your booze, pilfered your secret seasonings, and rode around the parking lot on the little pink bicycle. After all the fun was done, we locked back up and thought - anyone could back up and haul this thing out of here. So, I went home and brought back the big yellow lock.

Westexbbq
06-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Good job! I had an extra Gorilla Lock for trailer tongues. At the meeting last night, I opened it up to make sure everything was okay. Then we drank all your booze, pilfered your secret seasonings, and rode around the parking lot on the little pink bicycle. After all the fun was done, we locked back up and thought - anyone could back up and haul this thing out of here. So, I went home and brought back the big yellow lock.

Uh oh,
Wait'll Skip finds out about the bike ride!:shock:
You might not be giggling too much more......:wink:

HONCHO GREGORY
06-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Is anyone coming to the Falls the early part of the week, we could hold a bon-fire some night ?

Smokin Turkey
06-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I will be here with "Piggles" for my late night contribution!

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/hccllc2008/Food/Pickles/IMG_2223.jpg

Diva Q
06-06-2009, 06:25 PM
We are thinking it may be time to break out a large quantity of death by Diva.

We havent served it since the Jack

The Giggler
06-08-2009, 08:12 AM
The Boston Hills BBQ Fest Commitee has decided to offer all teams wrist bands for free admission and complimentary adult beverages in the Pavilion on Friday and Saturday Night. Local and Regional Bands will be featured on the Pavilion all weekend long.

On Saturday night, we will be closing the beer garden in the competition area to host a complimentary reception that will feature Brunner's SHEET Pizza, Samuel Adams and Blue Moon Craft Beers, as well as Mike's Hard Lemonade. If that's not an incentive to stick around and cook the Open Grilling Contest on Sunday, I guess I don't know what is.

I will be sending out the team email addresses to Andy (Ho De Do) and Rob (U2Canque) for the pot luck dinner on Friday Night.

Stay tuned sports fans!

U2CANQUE
06-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Heya Bud, check your phone....the proof is in the picture.....it is going out now....to the mailbox

The Giggler
06-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Heya Bud, check your phone....the proof is in the picture.....it is going out now....to the mailbox

Yeah, I got that! Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for it in the mail this week.

U2CANQUE
06-08-2009, 04:40 PM
And, we now have, not only one DVD of Vacation, we also, drum roll, will be bringing.........The Big Labowski, just for Mike....because, as Angela can attest, when he has company, he shows his favorite movie of all time.......

smknwhlswife
06-09-2009, 12:07 AM
I'll make sure the kids have their own movies to watch in the trailer. (which hopefully they will fall asleep to).

U2CANQUE
06-09-2009, 04:55 AM
I will be sending out the team email addresses to Andy (Ho De Do) and Rob (U2Canque) for the pot luck dinner on Friday Night.

Can you also send me information about sponsor contacts that will be around, volunteers, and any other local folks who have supported the event so that I can invite them as well to the pot luck. I figure, is anything else, a good chance for your supporters to meet teams, teams to thank supporters, oh, yeah, and also, more food...lol

The Giggler
06-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Can you also send me information about sponsor contacts that will be around, volunteers, and any other local folks who have supported the event so that I can invite them as well to the pot luck. I figure, is anything else, a good chance for your supporters to meet teams, teams to thank supporters, oh, yeah, and also, more food...lol

Sure thing. Mike @ the Boston Market Place is working on some of his vendors for sponsorship monies. I may actually have some "work" for you guys to do on Friday.

Question: What idea do you have for the main dish of the Pot Luck?

HoDeDo
06-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Our potlucks are usually "non" BBQ foods... so we will pick a theme... Mexican, Italian, Comfort foods, you name it...

then a depending on how many teams are coming... 2-5 will bring main items, and then the remaining teams will bring sides, or apps or deserts.

Are we going to do it at one (or a couple) of the team sites, or are you giving us an area to all meet up at?

Sledneck
06-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Question: What idea do you have for the main dish of the Pot Luck?How about SHEET lasagna? SHEET spaghetti? SHEET tacos?:tongue:

Sledneck
06-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Our potlucks are usually "non" BBQ foods... so we will pick a theme... Mexican, Italian, Comfort foods, you name it...
Forget about those italians and mexicans who hasnt had that? How about Croatian?:biggrin:

HoDeDo
06-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Forget about those italians and mexicans who hasnt had that? How about Croatian?:biggrin:

That would kick ARSE -- I am 100% for that.

U2CANQUE
06-09-2009, 07:44 AM
How about Croatian?:biggrin:
ahhh, schlivovitz now replacing jack as the morning shot too?.......

The Giggler
06-09-2009, 08:18 AM

then a depending on how many teams are coming... 2-5 will bring main items, and then the remaining teams will bring sides, or apps or deserts.

Are we going to do it at one (or a couple) of the team sites, or are you giving us an area to all meet up at?

The Pot Luck is going to be in the Judging Area, where we'll also have the Cook's Meeting. Its a covered pavilion, and the Snack Shack for the park is nearby. Pizza (Eye-talian) is the order of the day on Saturday evening. So maybe Croatian is the way to go. :rolleyes:

Anyone know where we can get an outstanding bottle of Croatian olive oil produced from fruit of a certain family's farm? :-P

Last night, I picked up two horshoes for the handles of the discada I am building, and I am sure I can have that thing ready to go if you guys want to get crazy. :twisted:

The Giggler
06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
And no one has a comment for the WEEKEND LONG Hospitality of Good Drink? And Food on Saturday Night?

smknwhlswife
06-09-2009, 08:34 AM
And no one has a comment for the WEEKEND LONG Hospitality of Good Drink? And Food on Saturday Night?

That is AWESOME. Sounds like a new bar for cooker hospitality... Totally rocks. I am definately in for the Mike's Hard Lemonade!!! Thank you Mike!

The Giggler
06-09-2009, 09:36 AM
That is AWESOME. Sounds like a new bar for cooker hospitality... Totally rocks. I am definately in for the Mike's Hard Lemonade!!! Thank you Mike!

Pun intended? :-D

Really, this contest is ALL ABOUT THE TEAMS.

pigmaker23
06-09-2009, 10:17 AM
its a carnival now, how much more before it becomes a CIRCUS ? :-P:-P

WannaBeBBQueen
06-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Did not have a chance to comment...sorry, but I am so excited and I think we're going to have a blast. Great job...not only beer (which I don't drink) but Mike's, now who's the man:biggrin: that would be you! lol

Movie night sounds like fun and I am embarrassed to say but I have never seen the Big Labowski. Sheet pizza sounds great and it can't be bad it's from NY:biggrin:...now about Croatian night. Is Steve cooking for us? lol Other wise I need a clue on what to make:tongue: I can manage all the other categories nicely.

smknwhlswife
06-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Ok Steve.... I have looked up some Croatian recipes and many of them don't really look all that easy to make from a camper or will travel very well.:confused: So unless you have a lot of suggestions and are willing to send out recipes, I think we need another option.:oops:

The Giggler
06-09-2009, 08:56 PM
National Lampoon's Vacation is showing on CMT. :-D

The Giggler
06-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Updated Team List:

KCBS (21 paid and entered):
Swamp Pit BBQ
Good Smoke BBQ
Buffalo Meatheads
Formal BBQ & Catering
Full Pull
Regal BBQ
Dazed & Confused
Big Belly BBQ
Smoke On Wheels (Last Year's American Royal Open RGC)
Quau (Current KCBS National Points Leader)
Park Place Pit
Diva Q
Can't Stop Grillin'
Red Valley BBQ
1st Alarm
Smokin' Eagles
Uncle Bubba's BBQ
Up In Smoke
Yabba Dabba Que!
Them Ohio City Boys

NEBS Open Grilling (13 Paid and Entered):
Good Smoke BBQ
Buffalo Meatheads
Formal BBQ & Catering
Full Pull
Big Belly BBQ
Quau
Park Place Pit
The 5th Artery
Double D Bar-B-Que (Not Dallas)
Smokin' Eagles
Wing Night
Braisin' Hell
Phatt Doggs

I expect this list will grow, and will update with any new teams.

U2CANQUE
06-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks a lot for the update.......

The Giggler
06-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Add Nickel City Smokers to KCBS!

Also, anyone going to Lake Placid the following week for the Jr Nationals, should consider having their kids do a practice run in the NEBS Open Grilling. Try your entries out, and get the program down. Cost is $75 + ingredients for a live trial run. Might prove to be a worthwhile investment the following week.

The Giggler
06-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Add:

KCBS
Blais Glazers
Smoke This

NEBS Open Gilling
Oh-I-Kan Grill

jbiesinger
06-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Add Nickel City Smokers to KCBS!

yes sir.

smknwhlswife
06-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey Mike - How long until we get the email addresses for cooks? Just wondering...we want to give people enough time to sign up for what they want to make for dinner. We only have 2 weeks!!!!:biggrin: We can add new cookers as they sign up.

I'm thinking Mexican will be the theme.

U2CANQUE
06-11-2009, 12:16 PM
That sounds like a plan Kim....I will work on a spreadsheet for the teams....what they will bring....etc....etc...etc.....and once we get the e-mail list you want to be the keeper of the info?

The Giggler
06-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey Mike - How long until we get the email addresses for cooks? Just wondering...we want to give people enough time to sign up for what they want to make for dinner. We only have 2 weeks!!!!:biggrin: We can add new cookers as they sign up.

I'm thinking Mexican will be the theme.

That sounds like a plan Kim....I will work on a spreadsheet for the teams....what they will bring....etc....etc...etc.....and once we get the e-mail list you want to be the keeper of the info?

I will send all the email addresses momentarily. As more teams enter, I will forward their addresses.

smknwhlswife
06-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Got it!! You ROCK!!

Rob, when you get the spreadsheet done send it to me please. I will be keeper. lol!

(kimg@smokeonwheels.com)

HONCHO GREGORY
06-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey gang I got a question for ya, 1 The NEBS grilling contest, on Sunday. The rules only state beef, pork, Is it any beef, pork ect. Or am I missing something, are the rules posted somewhere ? Just a little help on this one please. 2 anyone coming to the Falls area ?

smknwhlswife
06-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Potluck email has gone out!!! Can't wait to have some great food!!!!

The Giggler
06-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey gang I got a question for ya, 1 The NEBS grilling contest, on Sunday. The rules only state beef, pork, Is it any beef, pork ect. Or am I missing something, are the rules posted somewhere ? Just a little help on this one please.

Hi Honcho,

The format is designed to allow cooks and teams to push the creativity of their turn ins. Garnish can be anything. The entry can be anything, so long as chicken is chicken. Sauce chunks can be HUGE if you want. As long as it all fits inside a 9 x 9 styrofoam box. Here are the rules for the NEBS Open Grilling Contest as written on the entry form:

Sunday June 28th, 2009: Boston BBQ Fest Grilling Open
8:00 am Load In / Registration / Meat Inspection Begins
10:00 am Cooks Meeting
11:00 am Judges Meeting
1:00 pm Chicken Turn In
1:30 pm Beef Turn In
2:00 pm Pork Turn In
2:30 pm Chef’s Choice Turn In
TBD Awards Ceremony

The Format for the Grilling Contest is different from the KCBS contest on Saturday. To qualify for the Grand Championship, Contestants must cook all the categories and turn in the entries on time, in a standard 9 x 9 styrofoam box (issued).

ALL PREPARATIONS MUST TAKE PLACE ONSITE FOLLOWING MEAT INSPECTIONS BY A CONTEST OR KCBS REPRESENTATIVE. Meat may not be in marinade or seasoned in any way prior to the Official Meat Inspection. Meat Inspection will begin on Saturday following the KCBS Award Ceremony on Saturday. Teams may set up on Saturday night, but must be checked in and inspected BEFORE the Judges Meeting at 11:00 am on Sunday June 28th, 2009.

Any style of cooker and fuel may be used, and any type of ingredient or garnish may be used, as long as the entry is identifiable and there are a minimum of 6 portions. Entries will be judged, and graded on appearance, taste, and tenderness.

HoDeDo
06-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Now this is some cool hardware...

U2CANQUE
06-11-2009, 10:30 PM
nice!

The Giggler
06-11-2009, 10:31 PM

Thanks for posting the mock up pic Andy!

Custom built walnut towers. The custom leather crest patches are due in, and I am picking up the engraved plates tomorrow morning. GC is the white Cheif's helmet on the left, RGC is the red Captain's helmet on the right. The beer can is for scale in the foreground. These are the real deal with the brass eagle topper and everything. We hope to have them completed for a finished photo in the next few days.

HONCHO GREGORY
06-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Hi Honcho,

The format is designed to allow cooks and teams to push the creativity of their turn ins. Garnish can be anything. The entry can be anything, so long as chicken is chicken. Sauce chunks can be HUGE if you want. As long as it all fits inside a 9 x 9 styrofoam box. Here are the rules for the NEBS Open Grilling Contest as written on the entry form:

Sunday June 28th, 2009: Boston BBQ Fest Grilling Open
8:00 am Load In / Registration / Meat Inspection Begins
10:00 am Cooks Meeting
11:00 am Judges Meeting
1:00 pm Chicken Turn In
1:30 pm Beef Turn In
2:00 pm Pork Turn In
2:30 pm Chef’s Choice Turn In
TBD Awards Ceremony

The Format for the Grilling Contest is different from the KCBS contest on Saturday. To qualify for the Grand Championship, Contestants must cook all the categories and turn in the entries on time, in a standard 9 x 9 styrofoam box (issued).

ALL PREPARATIONS MUST TAKE PLACE ONSITE FOLLOWING MEAT INSPECTIONS BY A CONTEST OR KCBS REPRESENTATIVE. Meat may not be in marinade or seasoned in any way prior to the Official Meat Inspection. Meat Inspection will begin on Saturday following the KCBS Award Ceremony on Saturday. Teams may set up on Saturday night, but must be checked in and inspected BEFORE the Judges Meeting at 11:00 am on Sunday June 28th, 2009.

Any style of cooker and fuel may be used, and any type of ingredient or garnish may be used, as long as the entry is identifiable and there are a minimum of 6 portions. Entries will be judged, and graded on appearance, taste, and tenderness.

Thanks Mike we're working on it

Smokin Turkey
06-12-2009, 06:49 AM
National Lampoon's Vacation is showing on CMT. :-D

You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.

goodsmokebbq
06-12-2009, 08:14 AM

Those are sweet!!!!

jbiesinger
06-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I just got the email about the mexican pot luck. you guys are making this VERY difficult for me. My daughter has a graduation from preschool at 7:00 on friday. hmmm, 5 yr olds in cap and gowns or nachos and coronas?

U2CANQUE
06-12-2009, 05:12 PM
now that is a rough choice......but, with the awesome hook up on Saturday night with the music and drinks being provided, maybe you will be ready to play catch up with everyone else......

HoDeDo
06-12-2009, 05:13 PM
I just got the email about the mexican pot luck. you guys are making this VERY difficult for me. My daughter has a graduation from preschool at 7:00 on friday. hmmm, 5 yr olds in cap and gowns or nachos and coronas?

Video the cap and gown at 7pm and have it brought out to watch on the projector! We will cheer on the lil one with you after your coronas go down!

Mine are 6 and 8.... so I have been there :razz:

U2CANQUE
06-12-2009, 07:24 PM
We will cheer on the lil one with you after your coronas go down!

Thats what I'm talking about....

The Giggler
06-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Thats what I'm talking about....

What, exactly, are you talking about? :-P

HandsomeSwede
06-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Up In Smoke will be competing in our 2nd KCBS. After Roc City just had to do another.

Nitrofly
06-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Up In Smoke will be competing in our 2nd KCBS. After Roc City just had to do another.

Good luck.. remember to the number one rule.. "Have Fun" :biggrin:
BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! :icon_blush:

U2CANQUE
06-14-2009, 07:32 PM
BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!

Was a great lesson in the BBQ wave....tried to explain that to some of my friends down south, and I had to give up and just told them to come up this way....you have to be there to appreciate it!

jbiesinger
06-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Video the cap and gown at 7pm and have it brought out to watch on the projector! We will cheer on the lil one with you after your coronas go down!

Mine are 6 and 8.... so I have been there :razz:

excellent advice...I think.

I submitted our potluck dish via email, so if I happen to not be there I will be suitably represented by my homemade chorizo and my bueno amigos.

U2CANQUE
06-14-2009, 08:18 PM
appreciate it, I have been putting the spreadsheet together, will send it to Kim so that she can send it out this week sometime....things are looking really great for the pot luck Friday night....

Diva Q
06-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Not sure if I did it right but we would like to bring Margaritas. Liquid refreshment :-)

HoDeDo
06-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Not sure if I did it right but we would like to bring Margaritas. Liquid refreshment :-)

You did it right... Kim is compiling all the emails and will send out an updated spreadsheet next week, and one onthe 23rd before we leave town.

You will see your margaritas on the spreadsheet for sure. :-P

goodsmokebbq
06-15-2009, 07:26 AM

You are hooked know! :-P:-P:-P

Really glad to see you coming out...

nancee
06-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Mike
Sad to say, I am on my way to Hotlanta. Not back in time...
sorry; already looking forward to next year
nancee

HandsomeSwede
06-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately I couldn't get the entire Big Man crew together so I am teaming up with a buddy who just competed the first day in Roc City and got the itch to do all four categories.

A question for the Boston Hills organizers or anyone else familiar with the area. Is there a good spot to go campering nearby? The fam and the in-laws want to come out for the weekend and stay, suggestions? Thanks -

Smokin Turkey
06-17-2009, 08:55 AM
You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.

A little off the subject but I know I could find soemone here who could appreciate this guy's reproduction Family Truckster! lol.

Counting down and building here like crazy!

http://www.myfamilytruckster.com/Gary%20Schneider%20Family%20Truckster%2002.jpg

The Giggler
06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately I couldn't get the entire Big Man crew together so I am teaming up with a buddy who just competed the first day in Roc City and got the itch to do all four categories.

A question for the Boston Hills organizers or anyone else familiar with the area. Is there a good spot to go campering nearby? The fam and the in-laws want to come out for the weekend and stay, suggestions? Thanks -

Hi there. Colden Lakes is the closest, and it may be 10-15 miles away. I've never been there. Are you planning to bring a camper or set up tents? What is your setup? We may be able to accommodate you at the contest.

The Giggler
06-17-2009, 09:48 AM
A little off the subject but I know I could find soemone here who could appreciate this guy's reproduction Family Truckster! lol.

Counting down and building here like crazy!

http://www.myfamilytruckster.com/Gary%20Schneider%20Family%20Truckster%2002.jpg

ANDY and KIM - is this your tow vehicle?

More teams entering everyday!

The Giggler
06-17-2009, 10:29 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT:

It does not look like we will have the 40 KCBS teams necessary to pay through 10th place. I did place the order for the trophies for the categories, and I am pleased to announce that we will be calling and awarding TROHPIES through 10th place for KCBS. 1st through 5th will pay.

U2CANQUE
06-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks a lot for the update brother! Your hard work is showing....a long way from a few months ago huh?.....great job!!

Skip
06-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Was a great lesson in the BBQ wave....tried to explain that to some of my friends down south, and I had to give up and just told them to come up this way....you have to be there to appreciate it!

Appreciate what?

goodsmokebbq
06-17-2009, 11:09 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT:

It does not look like we will have the 40 KCBS teams necessary to pay through 10th place. I did place the order for the trophies for the categories, and I am pleased to announce that we will be calling and awarding TROHPIES through 10th place for KCBS. 1st through 5th will pay.

Thats great! Thanks for your hard work!

U2CANQUE
06-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Appreciate what?
the way that the BBQ.......or, actually "BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!" wave was going......started with one person....then was going around from site to site.....was a blast....

Nitrofly
06-17-2009, 11:26 AM
"BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!" "BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!" "BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!" :icon_blush:

U2CANQUE
06-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Sully could make a living as a fly in guest to competitions......I mean, afterall, the "lets get ready to rumble" guy has made a living off of that......and yours is far more entertaining and brings smiles to all....

Skip
06-17-2009, 11:35 AM
.....was a blast....

Was it? :-?

and yours is far more entertaining and brings smiles to all....

Does it? :icon_sleepy

ho hum

U2CANQUE
06-17-2009, 11:55 AM
well, ok, old frumps dont get entertained or smile from it:roll:.....but, it is a welcome addition to the stress of turn in time......

HandsomeSwede
06-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Giggler -

I was checking out Colden Lake and I think that is the route we are going to take.

I am also looking for some clarification on NEBS rules, I've checked the website and can't find an official rule book, anyone have a link? Or answers?

For example, in the beef category could I serve a burger on a bun topped with bacon? In the pork category could I turn in a skewer of grilled tenderloin and bell pepper?

HoDeDo
06-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Giggler -

I was checking out Colden Lake and I think that is the route we are going to take.

I am also looking for some clarification on NEBS rules, I've checked the website and can't find an official rule book, anyone have a link? Or answers?

For example, in the beef category could I serve a burger on a bun topped with bacon? In the pork category could I turn in a skewer of grilled tenderloin and bell pepper?

I guess I need a copy of the rules too, I didnt think there were limits on it.:rolleyes: UPDATE: It is anything goes... other than chicken is chicken, and must fit in a 9x9 styrofoam box!
Time to hit the website!

BigBellyBBQ
06-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Giggler: thanks for the effort for this first time BBQ, I am sure the economy or lack of has hurt the teams for the funds to travel to what we all hope is the start of a great yearly competition! Once they find out what a great contest this will be, they will be there next year!

BigBellyBBQ
06-17-2009, 08:20 PM
did you check out the margarita machine made out of the cooler with the garbage dipsosal attached to the bottom to crush the ice? It was a new unit I hope...

U2CANQUE
06-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Time to hit the website! now my grilling partner sees where I was comin from.....lol, go buck wild on that chicken....:tongue:

The Giggler
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Giggler -

I was checking out Colden Lake and I think that is the route we are going to take. Great!

I guess I need a copy of the rules too, I didnt think there were limits on it.:rolleyes: UPDATE: It is anything goes... other than chicken is chicken, and must fit in a 9x9 styrofoam box!
Time to hit the website!

The official rules were posted earlier in this thread, and are also on the Official Entry Form. I'll summarize:

Anything Goes - this is Wide Open.
Entries must be turned in using a 9x9 styrofoam box
A minimum of 6 pieces shall be submitted
Judging criteria is the same as KCBS - appearance, taste, tenderness
Garnish is open, and may be edible or inedible
All preparations must be done on site, following the meat inspection.
Entries may be cooked using any type of fuel, including gas and electric.

Entry must be identifiable - chicken is chicken, beef is beef, etc.
For example: If a team wanted to turn in a Beef Hamburger using bacon and limberger cheese on a hard roll, fine. Common sense says that this entry is a Beef Hamburger in its glory. The judges will be instructed to score the entry AS PRESENTED AND WHOLE. As long as there are a minimum of six portions for the judges.

I have participated in grilling contests, and have found the rules restrictive with respect to sauce chunk sizes, stuffings, skewers, etc. For example, if a team did shish-ka-bob, the skewer is an integral part of that item. IMO, it should be allowed. Therefore, when crafting the rules for this contest, the main goal was to push the limits with a "Wide Open" set of non-restrictive rules. How creative do you want to get?

The only change to the rules is that the meat inspection will be done on Sunday morning after 8:00 am. Originally, we were going to do meat inspections for Sunday following KCBS awards. This was changed because we feel it gives the KCBS teams who are cooking both contests, an unfair advantage over the teams checking in to cook the NEBS Wide Open Grilling Contest on Sunday morning. In short, we're trying to keep the playing field level for everyone.

Hope this clears up any questions.

The Giggler
06-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Giggler: thanks for the effort for this first time BBQ, I am sure the economy or lack of has hurt the teams for the funds to travel to what we all hope is the start of a great yearly competition! Once they find out what a great contest this will be, they will be there next year!

Thanks to all the teams supporting this first year event. None of this happens without you all.

goodsmokebbq
06-18-2009, 08:32 AM
The official rules were posted earlier in this thread, and are also on the Official Entry Form. I'll summarize:

Anything Goes - this is Wide Open.
Entries must be turned in using a 9x9 styrofoam box
A minimum of 6 pieces shall be submitted
Judging criteria is the same as KCBS - appearance, taste, tenderness
Garnish is open, and may be edible or inedible
All preparations must be done on site, following the meat inspection.
Entries may be cooked using any type of fuel, including gas and electric.

Entry must be identifiable - chicken is chicken, beef is beef, etc.
For example: If a team wanted to turn in a Beef Hamburger using bacon and limberger cheese on a hard roll, fine. Common sense says that this entry is a Beef Hamburger in its glory. The judges will be instructed to score the entry AS PRESENTED AND WHOLE. As long as there are a minimum of six portions for the judges.

I have participated in grilling contests, and have found the rules restrictive with respect to sauce chunk sizes, stuffings, skewers, etc. For example, if a team did shish-ka-bob, the skewer is an integral part of that item. IMO, it should be allowed. Therefore, when crafting the rules for this contest, the main goal was to push the limits with a "Wide Open" set of non-restrictive rules. How creative do you want to get?

The only change to the rules is that the meat inspection will be done on Sunday morning after 8:00 am. Originally, we were going to do meat inspections for Sunday following KCBS awards. This was changed because we feel it gives the KCBS teams who are cooking both contests, an unfair advantage over the teams checking in to cook the NEBS Wide Open Grilling Contest on Sunday morning. In short, we're trying to keep the playing field level for everyone.

Hope this clears up any questions.

Feeling kind of BOLD this morning? :-P

Jacked UP BBQ
06-18-2009, 08:38 AM
I wish I could make this event.

U2CANQUE
06-18-2009, 08:51 AM
I wish I could make this event.
To quote the Rocky Horror Picture Show...."Dont dream it....Be It"....lol....maybe next year......I dont think that this one will be going away anytime soon......

Tinybud
06-18-2009, 09:39 AM
we're gonna be able to make it,, can't wait.

goodsmokebbq
06-18-2009, 10:26 AM

Great news!

smknwhlswife
06-18-2009, 06:07 PM

PM me your email if you would like to be in on the mexican potluck dinner on Friday.:-D

HONCHO GREGORY
06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Tinybud and wife are great folks, we were neighbors at the Roc City
Yo Tiny I'll bring your coffee cups to Bostons LOL

smknwhlswife
06-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Any teams not get the potluck emails? If you haven't received an email from me and want to participate please PM me with your email. I will be sending out an updated list today and then Tuesday before we leave KC. Thanks!!!

Smokin Turkey
06-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Electric grill turn in?? You mean George Foreman will be in attendance and rippin out Q? lol!

The Giggler
06-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi Julie,
The T-shirts were delivered this afternoon! Have a safe trip out this week!
Mike.

P.S. Wishing EVERYONE a safe trip out this week.

P.P.S. Sled - how about a Sledcast?

U2CANQUE
06-22-2009, 02:52 PM
man, if only we could get a entire team list....lol, not like you dont have 2,000 things to do before Thursday.......I will be in by 3.....so, any help ya need last minute you have my time.....

smknwhlswife
06-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey everyone - I am getting ready to send out the final list that I have for the potluck dinner on Friday. If you are not on it but want to participate, please feel free to do so. Whether you have food to bring or not please come join us!!! See you in a few days!:biggrin:

If anyone has plates and silverware, that would be great! I will have napkins.

U2CANQUE
06-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Got it covered........see everyone in Boston Hills.....

The Giggler
06-23-2009, 11:31 AM
KCBS Teams
Team Name
Swamp Pit BBQ
Good Smoke BBQ
Buffalo Meatheads
Formal BBQ & Catering
Full Pull
Regal BBQ
Dazed & Confused
Big Belly BBQ
Smoke On Wheels
Quau
Park Place Pit
Diva Q
Can't Stop Grillin'
Red Valley BBQ
1st Alarm BBQ
Smokin' Eagles
Uncle Bubba's BBQ
Up In Smoke
Yabba Dabba Que!
Them Ohio City Boys
Blais Glazers
Nickel City Smokers
Smoke This
Desperado's Barbecue
Donnie's Smokehouse
Transformer BBQ
I Smell Smoke!!!!
Smokin' J's Pit Pirates
Misfits of Meat
Redneck Pit Crew
The Guzzling Gourmet

U2CANQUE
06-23-2009, 11:33 AM
it is going to be a great field of teams.....great job mike!

The Giggler
06-23-2009, 11:35 AM
NEBS Open Grilling

Team Name

Good Smoke BBQ

Buffalo Meatheads

Formal BBQ & Catering

Full Pull

Big Belly BBQ

Quau

Park Place Pit

The 5th Artery

Double D BBQ

Smokin' Eagles

Wing Night

Yabba Dabba Que!

Braizin' Hell

Phatt Doggs

Oh-I-Kan Grill

Torches

Transformer BBQ

I Smell Smoke!!!!

The Giggler
06-23-2009, 12:40 PM
it is going to be a great field of teams.....great job mike!

Thanks, Rob. Without everyone's support, none of this possible. Thanks to all who have entered, and best of luck!

Scottie
06-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Hey everyone - I am getting ready to send out the final list that I have for the potluck dinner on Friday. If you are not on it but want to participate, please feel free to do so. Whether you have food to bring or not please come join us!!! See you in a few days!:biggrin:

If anyone has plates and silverware, that would be great! I will have napkins.

Kim, did you get a hold of Beth Quau Wozniak? I know that they are heading that way andf then Lake Placid... I sure hope he takes good care of my space in LP!!! :wink:

U2CANQUE
06-23-2009, 03:02 PM
yeah, they are doing a dessert for the pot luck......talked with them out in Jeffersonville last weekend, they were heading back to IL I think and supposed to be in sometime Thursday to Boston Hills....

Smokin Turkey
06-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Got my potluck dishes finished just now! (1am mod)

This is my loaded corn bread. cornbread with a seasoned re-fried bean layer, green peppers, tomatoes, black olives, sour cream, mexican cheese blend, and fresh cilantro.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/hccllc2008/Food/0626090037.jpg
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/hccllc2008/Food/0626090037a.jpg

Yup! I emptied 2 - 1 gallon pickles containers to make a butt load of PIGGLES. I didn't count but it took me 2 hours to stuff and wrap all those guys.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/hccllc2008/Food/0626090038.jpg

jbiesinger
06-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Looking good.

I forgot to grate the cheese for my potluck dish, so I ended up doing that this morning at 5 am. I really wish I didn't have to work today but I guess I can't complain since its the last day I'll have to until labor day.:-D

Smokin Turkey
06-26-2009, 06:27 AM
I just wanted to document how nice the dishes looked before I had to wrap and try to figure out how to cooler them in stoneware without them sinking in water or tipping! lol.. see you there! leaving in a few hours.

Jacked UP BBQ
06-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Good luck everyone, I'll be in DC. Wish I heard about boston hills before I paid for DC.

Sledneck
06-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Good luck everyone, I'll be in DC. Wish I heard about boston hills before I paid for DC.
you need to expand that vending operation to do more than 1 event during a weekend, im for hire:biggrin:

Jacked UP BBQ
06-26-2009, 11:20 AM
you need to expand that vending operation to do more than 1 event during a weekend, im for hire:biggrin:

Anytime you want. Will $5 an hour due????:lol:

Plowboy
06-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Grilling results?

ique
06-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Grilling results?

Grilling is Sunday. Brisket is about to go in

The Anchorman
06-27-2009, 02:20 PM
have fun guys go mr bobo!

Diva
06-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Smoke on Wheels (HoDeDo) Grand, Transformer BBQ reserve grand! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jaberwabee
06-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Dammit Andy got GC, just saw he posted it on FB. AWESOME!!!!!!!

MilitantSquatter
06-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Way to go Andy and Kim !!!

That will just make this vacation even more special !!!

Congrats !!

Pig Headed
06-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Congrats to all who walked.

jbrink01
06-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Way to go Andy!!!!!

butts
06-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Well Done Andy and Kim and congrats to all that walked!

BigBellyBBQ
06-27-2009, 10:46 PM
What a great BBQ !!! Everything was planned out and they took care of the BBQrs...besides, who can find fault with free beer and pizza!

Just Pulin' Pork
06-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Way to go Andy and Kim! Congrats to both of you and of course the girls!

Jon

Ron_L
06-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Woohoo! Congrats, Andy and Kim!

Sledneck
06-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Congrats Andy & Kim on the gArand with a 13th place chicken to boot! Also to Brendan and Julie!

Boston Hills BBQ Fest

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Boston, NY
Starts: 06/26/2009
Ends: 06/28/2009
Website: http://www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com (http://www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com/)
KCBS Reps: DON LOVELY, LESLIE LOVELY

Prize Money: $3600.00

Contact Information:
Mike Cartechine
9172 Boston State Road
Boston, NY 14025
Phone: 716-941-7035
Fax: 716-941-7044
mcartechine@roadrunner.com

Contest Results: [View Printable (http://kcbs.us/results_print.php?id=1665)]

Grand Champion: Smoke on Wheels
Reserve Champion: Transformer BBQ

Overall:
1 Smoke on Wheels
2 Transformer BBQ
3 Quau
4 I Smell Smoke!!!
5 Diva Q
6 Yabba Dabba Que!
7 Can't Stop Grillin'
8 Good Smoke BBQ
9 Uncle's Bubba's BBQ
10 Big Belly BBQ
11 Nickel City Smokers
12 Them Ohio City Boys
13 Smokin' J's Pit Pirates
14 Donnie's Smokehouse
15 Redneck Pit Crew
16 Park Place Pit
17 Regal BBQ
18 Misfits of Meat
19 Desperado's Barbecue
20 Swamp Pit
21 Happy Smoke'more
22 Mr. Bobo & the Traveling
23 Buffalo Meatheads
24 Smokin' Eagles
25 First Alarm BBQ
26 Smoke This
27 Up In Smoke
28 Blais Glazers
29 The Guzzling Gourmet
30 Dazed & Confused
31 Red Valley BBQ
32 Full Pull
33 Formal BBQ & Catering

Chicken:
1 Transformer BBQ
2 Quau
3 Diva Q
4 Can't Stop Grillin'
5 Good Smoke BBQ
6 I Smell Smoke!!!
7 Up In Smoke
8 First Alarm BBQ
9 Happy Smoke'more
10 Them Ohio City Boys
11 The Guzzling Gourmet
12 Yabba Dabba Que!
13 Smoke on Wheels
14 Regal BBQ
15 Nickel City Smokers
16 Donnie's Smokehouse
17 Smoke This
18 Mr. Bobo & the Traveling
19 Formal BBQ & Catering
20 Misfits of Meat
21 Redneck Pit Crew
22 Smokin' J's Pit Pirates
23 Big Belly BBQ
24 Dazed & Confused
25 Park Place Pit
26 Blais Glazers
27 Smokin' Eagles
28 Swamp Pit
29 Full Pull
30 Buffalo Meatheads
31 Uncle's Bubba's BBQ
32 Red Valley BBQ
33 Desperado's Barbecue

Ribs:
1 Smoke on Wheels
2 I Smell Smoke!!!
3 Diva Q
4 Nickel City Smokers
5 Good Smoke BBQ
6 Yabba Dabba Que!
7 Redneck Pit Crew
8 Uncle's Bubba's BBQ
9 Big Belly BBQ
10 Misfits of Meat
11 Donnie's Smokehouse
12 Quau
13 Transformer BBQ
14 Buffalo Meatheads
15 Smokin' Eagles
16 Regal BBQ
17 Mr. Bobo & the Traveling
18 Red Valley BBQ
19 Blais Glazers
20 Smokin' J's Pit Pirates
21 Swamp Pit
22 Up In Smoke
23 Park Place Pit
24 Them Ohio City Boys
25 First Alarm BBQ
26 Can't Stop Grillin'
27 The Guzzling Gourmet
28 Happy Smoke'more
29 Full Pull
30 Smoke This
31 Desperado's Barbecue
32 Dazed & Confused
33 Formal BBQ & Catering

Pork:
1 Uncle's Bubba's BBQ
2 Smoke on Wheels
3 Yabba Dabba Que!
4 Transformer BBQ
5 Good Smoke BBQ
6 Them Ohio City Boys
7 Desperado's Barbecue
8 Big Belly BBQ
9 Smokin' J's Pit Pirates
10 Park Place Pit
11 Swamp Pit
12 Can't Stop Grillin'
13 Happy Smoke'more
14 Blais Glazers
15 Diva Q
16 Nickel City Smokers
17 Quau
18 I Smell Smoke!!!
19 Misfits of Meat
20 Mr. Bobo & the Traveling
21 Buffalo Meatheads
22 Smokin' Eagles
23 Smoke This
24 Dazed & Confused
25 Redneck Pit Crew
26 Red Valley BBQ
27 Regal BBQ
28 First Alarm BBQ
29 Donnie's Smokehouse
30 Up In Smoke
31 The Guzzling Gourmet
32 Formal BBQ & Catering
33 Full Pull

Brisket:
1 Desperado's Barbecue
2 Quau
3 Smoke on Wheels
4 Can't Stop Grillin'
5 Donnie's Smokehouse
6 Transformer BBQ
7 I Smell Smoke!!!
8 Big Belly BBQ
9 Smokin' J's Pit Pirates
10 Regal BBQ
11 Buffalo Meatheads
12 Redneck Pit Crew
13 Uncle's Bubba's BBQ
14 Park Place Pit
15 Them Ohio City Boys
16 Swamp Pit
17 Yabba Dabba Que!
18 Happy Smoke'more
19 Mr. Bobo & the Traveling
20 Diva Q
21 Nickel City Smokers
22 Smoke This
23 Misfits of Meat
24 Smokin' Eagles
25 Full Pull
26 Up In Smoke
27 Good Smoke BBQ
28 First Alarm BBQ
29 Dazed & Confused
30 The Guzzling Gourmet
31 Blais Glazers
32 Red Valley BBQ
33 Formal BBQ & Catering

Paola Greg
06-28-2009, 07:35 AM
That's awesome Andy and Kim, congratulations!

Solidkick
06-28-2009, 09:45 AM
WTG Andy and Kim! I'm so happy for you!

Westexbbq
06-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Congratulations to Kim, Andy, Julie, Brendan and all who walked and competed as well.
Nice going y'all.

Big George's BBQ
06-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Congrats to all who walked

Diva Q
06-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Congratulations to Andy & Kim. THey were incredibly lovely & gracious! Congratus to all that got calls.

What a thrill to spend time with them, This was a TERRIFIC comp to do. We are so glad we could make it.

thillin
06-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Congrats! Nice to see Brethren take top honors. Congrats to the rest of the Brethren that placed as well.

ique
06-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Congrats Andy and Brendan~

Nice trophies!

musicmanryann
06-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Way to go HoDeDo and wife, and Transformer! Congrats to all the other Brethren who walked as well!!

Yakfishingfool
06-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Dammit Andy!!!! Winning at home isn't enough???? Congrats to you! Scott

Sledneck
06-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Grilling results?

Yakfishingfool
06-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Grilling results?

Yawn......:biggrin::wink:

Plowboy
06-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Quau 1st
I Smell Smoke 2nd
Transformer BBQ 3rd

Heard that Quau/ISS both had two firsts and a third.

I'm hip to the NE BBQ scene this week for some reason.

Bbq Bubba
06-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Nice job Ho and Kim!

Long distance arse whoopin! :cool:

U2CANQUE
06-28-2009, 09:30 PM
damn, Andy must be stealin signal off of the fire department tonight.....
First, great contest! Was one hell of a time, got to meet some new folks, catch up with online Brethren, and even run all over God's creation lookin for some chicken about 2 hours before grilling turn in time.
Was fun spending some time with your family Andy....you have a special bunch there.....
Congrats to everyone who got calls....and everyone who stayed around for the rain today during grilling, thanks, it was really a lot of fun....and tasted some amazing things!
Home safe, showered, and crashing out, clean up starts tomorrow.....

U2CANQUE
06-28-2009, 09:31 PM
OH-I-KAN-Grill, did not finish DAL......and, always remember, "It is all about the Hot Squeeze"

DMDon
06-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Nice Job, Kim and Andy. You're on a roll keep it up

Rookie'48
06-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Damnit Andy!

Congrats to the four of ya!

tonto1117
06-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Big Congrat's to Andy and Kim, Brendan and Chrissy and all who heard thier names called!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Jacked UP BBQ
06-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Great Job everyone.

pat
06-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Awesome news! Congrats Andy and Kim and Transformer!

moocow
06-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Good job guys! why don,t you guys just stay out there and give the rest of us a chance back home?

HandsomeSwede
06-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks to all the teams who shared and a special thanks to Mike for putting together a great weekend - and putting up with us camping on his doorstep.

Really special for our team as we got our first call in our first competition with 7th place in chicken. And, in classic Up in Smoke fashion, we showed up a lil late to get our trophy. I'll give ya three guesses why Mike.

See everyone again next year, we'll bring the baked goods.

Adam
"Up In Smoke" - Big Man BBQ comp. team

bbqpitstop
06-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey, it was great meeting all of you this past weekend ! Not sure how I came in dead last in chicken and first in brisket but I'm planning on a better balancing act in Niagara Wheatfield and at the Oink. Who's all going? We doing potluck?

UP IN SMOKE...
06-29-2009, 06:27 PM
WTF!? how could you not have a good time at the Boston Hills event?? MIKE you rock! And b/c I'm an ass, I will speak for everyone......You put on a great event and did it in style! Did you see the trophies!? I'm all in for next year!!

As the new kid on the block i want to say that I'm amazed with the level of comerotty among teams. THANK YOU!! A special thanks to our neighbors this weekend "Misfits of BBQ" I think if we would have asked them if we could turn in their ribs they would have let us. Thanks again for all of your help.

I also want to mention a few people that I highly respect....Big Dave of Swine Syndicate, your help and advice is greatly appreciated!! Ms. BBQ from Desparados....you also rock! and Big Belly.....thanks for everything. You guys...and women is what BBQ is all about!

MIKE- Lastly sorry for making you call our name 3-4 times before making it up....the smoke was a Little heavy back at camp....plus we never thought we had a chance.....so does that count as being called up three times??

Thanks again too everyone that made this weekend a memorable one!

Cheech

SmokeInDaEye
06-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Congrats Hodedo, Transformer and the rest. Sounds like a great weekend!

BBQ_MAFIA
06-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Congrts to HoDeDo and Transformer.

The Giggler
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
I would like to extend a BIG THANK YOU to all who participated. Without the support of the Teams, this event would not have been possible.

Here's a tentative schedule for 2010:
June 24th - KCBS Judges Class
June 25th - Check in and Pot Luck Dinner
June 26th - KCBS Turn Ins
June 27th - NEBS Wide Open Grilling Turn Ins

It gives me great pleasure to report that the fund raising for the Patchin Fire Company was very successful. The foot traffic during the day was much higher than it has been in recent years, and that was attributed to the BBQ Teams.

Again, thanks to everyone who came out to support the event. See you all on the BBQ Circuit!

U2CANQUE
07-01-2009, 09:29 AM
A great group of volunteers.....glad that they were pleased with the outcome, and looking forward to next year!! Thanks for your hard work Mike.....now go cook something!

The Giggler
07-01-2009, 09:39 AM
A great group of volunteers.....glad that they were pleased with the outcome, and looking forward to next year!! Thanks for your hard work Mike.....now go cook something!

I am really excited to get to Lake Placid this weekend.

The crew next door to you found a black cap that looks like it belongs to your bbq table. Will hang on to it until we get together. Also, did you have a sanalite cutting board that had two melted spots? That ended up on Mr Bobo's Site too.

U2CANQUE
07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
sanalite cutting board that had two melted spots
Yeah, that one is mine.....I wondered where it went to.....Thanks! sure, will check the table that I brought for missing......

Have a safer trip than Andy, and I will call this weekend to see how ya do!

The Giggler
07-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Andrew Galarneau, Food Writer for the Buffalo News, published a great story in today's paper. Here's the link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/185/story/720304.html

Tinybud
07-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Great job Mike, I'm certain we'll be back next year,, glad it was successful.

HoDeDo
07-01-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm already workin on a way to come and defend my title :)

U2CANQUE
07-01-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm already workin on a way to come and defend my title :)
can always fly in, I can hook ya up with a FEC, and a couple other things out here.....and ya know it is a close drive......lol......but, you will have to cook with the damp pellets to even out the playing field:twisted: