PDA

View Full Version : Free Butcher BBQ Sample

Plowboy
12-31-2008, 07:43 PM
There's a thread in Q-Talk about FAB/Butcher BBQ injection products.

I have an 8oz sample of Butcher BBQ brisket marinade. I also have about 10 pounds of the stuff in bulk. I'm willing to give away the 8oz bottle to a fellow Brotha/Sista to try. It is enough for two briskets.

To qualify...

You must be part of a competition BBQ team
This must be the first time you've ever used FAB or Butcher BBQ products
You must post a review of your thoughts/findings whether good or bad for others to benefit from
You must use it and post review by the end of January

First to reply to this thread is the winner.

JD McGee
12-31-2008, 07:54 PM

I have an 8oz sample of Butcher BBQ brisket marinade. I also have about 10 pounds of the stuff in bulk. I'm willing to give away the 8oz bottle to a fellow Brotha/Sista to try. It is enough for two briskets.

To qualify...

You must post a review of your thoughts/findings whether good or bad for others to benefit from

Send one my way bro...I'll give it a go! :-P

Plowboy
12-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Send one my way bro...I'll give it a go! :-P

Alright, you are on the hook for a review. PM me your address, and I'll get it off to you.

JD McGee
12-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Alright, you are on the hook for a review. PM me your address, and I'll get it off to you.

It's a deal...I planned on doin' a brisky this weekend but I'll hold off until your package arrives. :-P PM sent.

swamprb
12-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Good stuff!

Merl
12-31-2008, 08:35 PM
I will match Todd's offer under the same conditions.

I love Butcher injection. I also have a sample pack I will mail to the first who first replies and sends me a pm with address.

I have used the injection in my last 7 cook, earning four top ten (1st, 3rd 5th and 8th). I will not use anything else.

Happy new years
Merl

watertowerbbq
12-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I will match Todd's offer under the same conditions.

I love Butcher injection. I also have a sample pack I will mail to the first who first replies and sends me a pm with address.

I have used the injection in my last 7 cook, earning four top ten (1st, 3rd 5th and 8th). I will not use anything else.

Happy new years
Merl

If it's still available, I'll give it a try.

ThomEmery
12-31-2008, 08:49 PM
We are using Butchers in 2009

SmokeInDaEye
12-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Never tried it. :)

http://www.butcherbbq.com/?pg=winnerscircle_detail&name=Smoke%20In%20Da%20Eye

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
12-31-2008, 09:35 PM
I have never tried fab, but would like to. I REALLY like butchers blend for pork and have place in several comps with it, I also like the brisket blend. anyone offering a fab sample, I asked the guy at Berks and NewHolland and he didnt have any freebees...just $20.00 per small bag. Let me know if any one is willing to part with a cup of B and P for a trial run, thanks!

Sal

p.s. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!:icon_clown:icon_clown:icon_clown:icon_clow n

JD McGee
01-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Good stuff!

Hey bro...you up for a little brisky experiment? :-P I'll give you a buzz later.

jtfisher63
01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Well, I missed out! Can you guys posting the reviews do me a favor and post pics and description of how you injected it? I'm looking into trying Butchers out and would like to see the injection technique. Thanks.

White Dog BBQ
01-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I have never tried fab, but would like to. I REALLY like butchers blend for pork and have place in several comps with it, I also like the brisket blend. anyone offering a fab sample, I asked the guy at Berks and NewHolland and he didnt have any freebees...just $20.00 per small bag. Let me know if any one is willing to part with a cup of B and P for a trial run, thanks!

Sal

Sal -- check out the Ingredient Store website. They're now selling single portion samples of B, B lite, C and P.

On a tangent -- has anyone tried FAB free with no MSG?

Big Ugly's BBQ
01-01-2009, 06:28 PM

Sal

Sal,

Got a bag of Fab P as a gift, want to trade some samples? Either PM me or send me an email.

Chris

Merl
01-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, I missed out! Can you guys posting the reviews do me a favor and post pics and description of how you injected it? I'm looking into trying Butchers out and would like to see the injection technique. Thanks.

I use a large vet syringe and inject as if the brisket was a checkered board, injecting in all the black squares.
Merl

Jeff Hughes
01-01-2009, 06:39 PM
I can spread the love, I've got a couple of those little packs I could share as well...

First two to PM get them...

You must contribute to the review thread too...

Merl
01-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I can spread the love, I've got a couple of those little packs I could share as well...

First two to PM get them...

You must contribute to the review thread too...

If we keep this up, David might go out of business.....
Merl

Jeff Hughes
01-01-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm thinking he'll pick up a bunch of new customers...

Bentley
01-01-2009, 08:07 PM

Sal

Through about 2 cups of it away about 3 months ago. Thats how much I like BB...Wish I had kept it for you!

But now that everyone and their brother is gonna be using it, time to try a new flavor profile! :-P

Jeff Hughes
01-01-2009, 09:58 PM
One gone, one to go...

White Dog BBQ
01-02-2009, 08:28 AM
I use a large vet syringe and inject as if the brisket was a checkered board, injecting in all the black squares.
Merl

Merl,

Do you inject both the flat and the point, or just the flat?

Erik

Plowboy
01-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Merl,

Do you inject both the flat and the point, or just the flat?

Erik

Flat only, for me. The point gets pretty salty.

CajunSmoker
01-02-2009, 09:08 AM
One gone, one to go...

PM sent, if it's still available.:-D

Jeff Hughes
01-02-2009, 12:25 PM
PM sent, if it's still available.:-D

You get one, and I'm out of sample packs...

jtfisher63
01-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks Jeff for the sample pack! I'm looking forward to trying out and of course posting the results with detailed pics too.

CajunSmoker
01-02-2009, 03:50 PM
You get one, and I'm out of sample packs...

cool8-)

Thanks Jeff for the sample pack! I'm looking forward to trying out and of course posting the results with detailed pics too.

Same here Jeff.

Roo-B-Q'N
01-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Dang, I had been dropping the hint to Todd all last summer about trying a sample and then he goes and does this. Heck I even offered to buy some from him. :rolleyes::wink:
Looking forward to seeing what happens with the reviews.

Big Ugly's BBQ
01-02-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm the same way, I will post a review of my cook and my opinion, many thanks to Jeff for the sample pack. I have been so frustrated with my turn-ins, its the right time to work on it and see what I can come up with.

Plowboy
01-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Dang, I had been dropping the hint to Todd all last summer about trying a sample and then he goes and does this. Heck I even offered to buy some from him. :rolleyes::wink:
Looking forward to seeing what happens with the reviews.

Keep sending me those topless pictures of you in Jamaica and you get dropped off of my Christmas card list for 2009, too. :eek:

Porky
01-03-2009, 06:39 AM
I have a packer in the freezer and would love to try Butchers on my EGG, if anyone could help me out please PM me. Thanks

hossrocks
01-03-2009, 10:40 AM

To qualify...

Ok, I missed out on the samples, where can I pick up some of this stuff?

Plowboy
01-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Ok, I missed out on the samples, where can I pick up some of this stuff?

www.butcherbbq.com

Smokin Mike
01-03-2009, 08:42 PM
I have a packer in the freezer and would love to try Butchers on my EGG, if anyone could help me out please PM me. Thanks

pm sent!

Jeff Hughes
01-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Okay boys, better late than never, three samples went out priority mail today, look for Saturday delivery...

watertowerbbq
01-15-2009, 07:50 PM
I received one of the samples from Merl and I'm planning on cooking my brisket on January 24. Hope the weather cooperates! It was farkin -19F this morning (and that was the air temperture, not wind chill)!! :eek::eek::eek:

Plowboy
01-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Oh, crap. I gotta get JD's sample out. Oops.

JD McGee
01-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh, crap. I gotta get JD's sample out. Oops.

I wasn't gonna say anything...:twisted::twisted::twisted:

jtfisher63
01-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Okay boys, better late than never, three sample went out priority mail today, look for Saturday delivery...
Thanks Jeff.:eusa_clap

Jeff Hughes
01-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Thanks Jeff.:eusa_clap

You bet, looking forward to the reports...

mredowling
01-16-2009, 01:31 AM
whats q-talk?

The_Kapn
01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
whats q-talk?

I am sure you have found it by now, but it is on the main forum page two groups above this Competetion Area.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php

TIM

jtfisher63
01-18-2009, 12:39 AM
I got my sample pack today, thanks Jeff. I went out and bought a 12.5lb packer to test it on tomorrow. I'm not getting up at 4:00am to inject for the four hour marinade, but by the time the egg warms up the brisket should have been marinading for around an hour. I'm going to use my normal brisket rub. I am also just going to mix the Butchers with plain water so I can see if I notice it. I haven't injected a brisket before so I figure plain water would be the best choice. I start a new thread tomorrow.

CajunSmoker
01-18-2009, 07:54 AM
I received mine yesterday also (thanks Jeff:-D). I'm not going to have time to try it before next weekend, but I'll do a report on it when I get it cooked.

EarlyBird
01-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Make up your injection solution ahead of time, put in refridgerator overnight and it will thicken up.

Chris

Big Ugly's BBQ
01-18-2009, 10:37 AM
My sample was here waiting for me when I got home from the airport, thanks a bunch!!!

Merl
01-18-2009, 02:25 PM
I got my sample pack today, thanks Jeff. I went out and bought a 12.5lb packer to test it on tomorrow. I'm not getting up at 4:00am to inject for the four hour marinade, but by the time the egg warms up the brisket should have been marinading for around an hour. I'm going to use my normal brisket rub. I am also just going to mix the Butchers with plain water so I can see if I notice it. I haven't injected a brisket before so I figure plain water would be the best choice. I start a new thread tomorrow.

I use warmed appled juice for the liquid (helps to disolve the marinade.) I know some cooks use other fruit juices. I tend to avoid water becuase it does not add any flavor. I do not want to dilute anything which can add to my product.
Merl

jtfisher63
01-18-2009, 04:26 PM
I use warmed appled juice for the liquid (helps to disolve the marinade.) I know some cooks use other fruit juices. I tend to avoid water becuase it does not add any flavor. I do not want to dilute anything which can add to my product.
Merl

Normally I wouldn't use water either. But beings that I have never injected a brisket before I wouldn't be able to tell if the flavor was from the Butchers or the juice, broth, etc. If I like the flavor this time I will probably expiriment with juices and broths.

CajunSmoker
01-23-2009, 12:21 PM
In case anyone wonders later how it went, here's the link to my experience with Butcher's BBQ marinade:-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55502