PDA

View Full Version : Q Whores

Muzzlebrake
12-06-2008, 10:49 AM
In rugby we used to have guys that didn't play with any one team but would travel around especially at tournaments and play for whoever needed someone. This was commonly referred to as whoring out, there was even a tournament in California called the Harlotfest that only accepted individuals and not teams..........

Anyway I was reading the Bullsheet and I when I saw that Andy had 3 teams of the teams he cooked with in the past month it made me think of the whole whoring out idea.

My question is do any of you guys ever whore out and cook with other teams?

backporchbbq
12-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Currently I do not. If I heard that another team needed help and I was not competing in it I would be there. Or if there was a comp I wanted to do, and the rest of my team couldn't do I would.

Roo-B-Q'N
12-06-2008, 11:02 AM
We have not, but have had Scott from We'll Smoke U cook with us. If he, or anybody wanted us to we would help them out.

BBQchef33
12-06-2008, 11:46 AM
They're officially called itinerants

I was one at the Jack in 04, helping teams as needed. Helped out on 3 teams there..

The Jamacians were a hoot.. we were them an a UK team..

Hey guys!! lets take a picture.. and poof... they made a pyramd!!

G$
12-06-2008, 12:41 PM
No team would have me. In fact, I think my current mates have tried to PAY other teams to take me. No dice.

Muzzlebrake
12-06-2008, 12:47 PM
They're officially called itinerants

and a bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno isn't officially a turd either...lol

whores sounds better :icon_cool

and we all know you are a whore anyway :biggrin:

pigmaker23
12-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Mr Bobos Traveling Harlots ?

=Muzzlebrake;796255]and a bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno isn't officially a turd either...lol

whores sounds better :icon_cool

and we all know you are a whore anyway :biggrin:[/quote]

Dale P
12-06-2008, 02:22 PM
We were honored to be invited to hang with Moonswiners this year at the Jack. We didnt help him cook, "like Podge really needs the help" but we did help him drink, eat, and blocked the crazy crowd during turn ins. We helped Randy from Ulcer Acres eat & drink, "like Randy needs help drinking" and the whole trip is a something we will never forget. I cant leave out Jim & Tina for their help getting me lit on Friday night while Big Mike was busy filling his pit. Yes I can be a whore.

Im ready to cook!

Sledneck
12-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I hope to be a whore next year as much as I can. Would like to do it so I can keep from getting rusty. I need to save up some cash for the royal and jack. I will even do dishes but no happy endings. If anybody is interested I am available

swamprb
12-06-2008, 02:48 PM
I'll be a Q' Whore if it gets me some chops! I was honored to be asked to help out at the Jack this year, cooked the Oregon State Fair, and was Shanghai'd into cooking a comp with donated equipment to make it a State Qualifier when I went only to Judge. I take it seriously, and don't mind doing any grunt work, pearl diving or pit bitchin'. First year competing, I need all the experience I can get.

Itinerant is a good one! I've heard freeloader tossed around, but we all Whore for something in life!

backporchbbq
12-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I hope to be a whore next year as much as I can. Would like to do it so I can keep from getting rusty. I need to save up some cash for the royal and jack. I will even do dishes but no happy endings. If anybody is interested I am available

See there is the deal breaker, happy endings. I sent you dates, let me know if you are available to come to help out at any.

jbrink01
12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I'll whore out my trailer and limited talents at any time possible. Always looking to meet people and learn.............

ihbobry
12-06-2008, 06:08 PM
In motorsport it's called jumping ship and those who do it are called pirates.

While I am whore in many respects I think it would be more fitting to call these people and myself if I did it, Pit-Pirates, or something like it. :-P

Bigmista
12-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Only time I ever cooked with another team was when Thom Emery and I cooked as BBQ Brethren.com

barbefunkoramaque
12-06-2008, 07:34 PM
This is an obvious thread to legitimately say the word WHORE as many times as you can.

Now we just need the guy to come in and couple together WHORE and that other word...Best typed in larger red letters... where is that guy? It part of a UDS.

WHORE NIPPLES

barbefunkoramaque
12-06-2008, 07:37 PM
In motorsport it's called jumping ship and those who do it are called pirates.

While I am whore in many respects I think it would be more fitting to call these people and myself if I did it, Pit-Pirates, or something like it. :-P

who will be the one to put together "pirates" along with the typical BBQ meat?:shock:

Coz
12-06-2008, 07:49 PM
I sorta kinda whored myself out to Ford.He didnt let me cook but I did do a few meaningless chores for him.I am available whenever we are not competing.

Muzzlebrake
12-06-2008, 09:07 PM
who will be the one to put together "pirates" along with the typical BBQ meat?:shock:

true dat!
much rather be a 'Qho than a butt pirate :eek:

swamprb
12-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Pirates or Whores? Are we not Men??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m-xZ4gz4MM

The Virginian
12-06-2008, 09:50 PM
I cooked with Dizzypig back in May when Chris needed some support. It was fun to cook on someone else's dime, see what they are up to in prep and so on.

Brett

Pig Headed
12-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I only plan on doing 3 this year, Salisbury,New Holland and Dover. I'm available for the rest of them if anyone needs help.

JimDandysNYDan
12-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't mind being a Mary Magdalen of the Q...:eek:

HoDeDo
12-07-2008, 10:40 AM
I resemble those remarks....

BBQ Bandit
12-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Whether it be a "Q-ho" or a "Pit Beotch"... I will be.
(until there's a BBQ Bandit trailer at a comp).

Smokeneyes
12-07-2008, 11:06 AM
ok i thought this was about "Q" groupies so I am confused.

Jacked UP BBQ
12-07-2008, 01:58 PM
We have a lot of BBQ WHORES, the usually come out around 4am after we go through the local classifieds and make some phone calls and find the best deal. I love whores.

Podge
12-07-2008, 03:46 PM
We were honored to be invited to hang with Moonswiners this year at the Jack. We didnt help him cook, "like Podge really needs the help" but we did help him drink, eat, and blocked the crazy crowd during turn ins. We helped Randy from Ulcer Acres eat & drink, "like Randy needs help drinking" and the whole trip is a something we will never forget. I cant leave out Jim & Tina for their help getting me lit on Friday night while Big Mike was busy filling his pit. Yes I can be a whore.

Im ready to cook!

It was certainly most appreciated Dale !!.. by the way, I sent you an e-mail about our next weekend annual trip to Hooters, and had invited you and Matt to drop by. Drop me a line.

smoke-n-my-i's
12-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Well, that makes me one of them whatcha-ma-callits then. I helped out a couple of times this year as well to another team.....

Nothing wrong with helping out another team in need. It is all in fun, fellowship, and competing... ( and picking up a few ideas). We ask for items in need (like coffee filters we forgot), and we are also asked for items in need, so why not ask for help when needed or offer help if we have the time?
Besides, are we Brethren?????

ThomEmery
12-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Only time I ever cooked with another team was when Thom Emery and I cooked as BBQ Brethren.com

That worked out well :)
A Brethren GC

smokincracker
12-07-2008, 07:12 PM

Just don't you forget who the PIMP is Biaaaaatch..

Dale P
12-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Food beer & HOOTERS! Yippeeeeeee!

Rolling Smoke
12-08-2008, 07:49 AM
I cant leave out Jim & Tina for their help getting me lit on Friday night while Big Mike was busy filling his pit. Yes I can be a whore.

Yes you can Dale and thanks for not breaking out any of that jelly that KY is so well known for :lol:

U2CANQUE
12-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Jim, and I thought that you were such a respectable ol guy.....well, ok, maybe not so much.....but, that line cost me some coffee out the old nose......
Needed that.....

parrothead
12-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Isn't there a little Q whore in all of us?

MoKanMeathead
12-08-2008, 08:09 AM
I cooked with the Meatheads, Smoke on Wheels, KC Can Crew and Walt/Wanye/JD this year...so I guess I resemble those remarks as well.

JohnMcD348
12-08-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't ever really cook with any teams but when they are in full blast around the area, I try my best to be available to lend a hand to the guys around and help out where I can.

My friends who aren't into Que like me say I'm the "Little Sister" of the circuit around here. Not really a whore. I guess.

Big George's BBQ
12-08-2008, 08:47 AM
I was gping to last fall but fell just before I was to leave the house and ripped my thigh muscel off of my kneecap. Would try the whoring thing again- without falling.

Brauma
12-08-2008, 08:50 AM
I whored around a few times last year. It was fun. I'd do it again.

Rolling Smoke
12-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Jim, and I thought that you were such a respectable ol guy.....well, ok, maybe not so much.....but, that line cost me some coffee out the old nose......
Needed that.....

Glad you liked it Rob. be sure you get all of it wiped off of your monitor before it dries.

Dale P
12-08-2008, 09:49 AM
lol Jim I have come up with about 20 awesome replies that I think are great and I promise that you would laugh, but none are rated PG.

YankeeBBQ
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Hello My name is Steve and I'm a BBQ Whore. I've cooked with Rod from Pellet Envy, Scottie From Cancer Sucks, Jack McDavid, Dirty Dick,Tuffy from Cool Smoke, Hawgeyes Mike, drbbq, The Motley Q Crew, The Smokering bbq team when they were still around and a few others I'm sure I forgot to mention. I've competed by myself, With just my father and with a team with a bunch of members. What can I say I like to go to bbq competitions.

Sledneck
12-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Hello My name is Steve and I'm a BBQ Whore. I've cooked with Rod from Pellet Envy, Scottie From Cancer Sucks, Jack McDavid, Dirty Dick,Tuffy from Cool Smoke, Hawgeyes Mike, drbbq, The Motley Q Crew, The Smokering bbq team when they were still around and a few others I'm sure I forgot to mention. I've competed by myself, With just my father and with a team with a bunch of members. What can I say I like to go to bbq competitions.A good whore usually does not release the list of clientele:tongue: Unless you are the madame and on trial :biggrin:

Plowboy
12-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Isn't there a little Q whore in all of us?

Get in ma belly!

This year I was Plowboys, Smoke on Wheels, and Mean Deans Smoking Machine (Butt to Butt Ten Year Champions)

Scottie
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Hello My name is Steve and I'm a BBQ Whore. I've cooked with Rod from Pellet Envy, Scottie From Cancer Sucks, Jack McDavid, Dirty Dick,Tuffy from Cool Smoke, Hawgeyes Mike, drbbq, The Motley Q Crew, The Smokering bbq team when they were still around and a few others I'm sure I forgot to mention. I've competed by myself, With just my father and with a team with a bunch of members. What can I say I like to go to bbq competitions.

Geez and I thought I was easy.... :oops: :roll:

YankeeBBQ
12-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Geez and I thought I was easy.... :oops: :roll:

No I'm easy your loose remember ?

Ford
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I sorta kinda whored myself out to Ford.He didnt let me cook but I did do a few meaningless chores for him.I am available whenever we are not competing.
you did a heck of a lot more than that and I won so you're also a good luck charm.

Scottie
12-08-2008, 01:41 PM

my bad... I forgot...

Jorge
12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I've been known to wash a dish or two.

Currently entertaining quality offers for 2009:wink:

Scottie
12-08-2008, 02:03 PM
March 27th... Either Hammond, Louisiana or Albuquerque, New Mexico? I think I might be leaning towards NM, as I can hit a contest in Oklahoma on the way home... Although, I guess I can hit a contest on the way home from Hammond too.

I love the end of the season and trying to start on a 2009 schedule. I bet mine changes 100 times between now and January... :icon_smil

SmokeInDaEye
12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I've only whore'd myself for Jack McDavid and Militant Squatter but am always available to more whorin'.

Right now the only things on my schedule for next year are Grillin on Da Bay (april 4), Smoke N Steam (may), Monmouth County Fair (july), New Holland (aug), Blues Views & BBQ (Sept),Battle of the BBQ Brethren (oct) and the American Royal Invitational.

Jorge
12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
March 27th... Either Hammond, Louisiana or Albuquerque, New Mexico? I think I might be leaning towards NM, as I can hit a contest in Oklahoma on the way home... Although, I guess I can hit a contest on the way home from Hammond too.

I love the end of the season and trying to start on a 2009 schedule. I bet mine changes 100 times between now and January... :icon_smil

I'll be the guy with the scarlet 'Q' on his chest. Just don't be getting all handsy and stuff

Rolling Smoke
12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
lol Jim I have come up with about 20 awesome replies that I think are great and I promise that you would laugh, but none are rated PG.

I can't wait to hear them.

ThomEmery
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Lets go get it

Muzzlebrake
12-08-2008, 07:55 PM

let me know if you need a "cheap" to round out the crew