PDA

View Full Version : Event Organizers

motoeric
11-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi,

I would like to put together a 4 or 5 page packet on BBQ events and how to persuade a group to run one. I need your help.

What I am envisioning is something that can be presented to an existing event (State Fair, various festivals, etc.), an existing body (Elks Club, KoC, etc.) or a not-for-profit (Boy Scouts, charity, Chamber of Commerce, etc.) explaining the benefits of a BBQ competition and outlining what is involved.

As you may know, I have a fairly detailed document that was designed to layout expected costs and possible revenue generators. I received significant input from other organizers as well as Linda Mullane. That was a great success and is an open source document. (LMK if you would like a copy btw)

I would like this to be a sister piece to that. Again, the document would be completely open to anyone who would like to use it. I envision both documents to be tools that strengthen the BBQ community in general.

I would love to hear from you with whatever information you can provide on how an event you have been involved with has helped the presenting body and the community it was held in.

Publicity, public awareness, monetary gains, community involvement, etc.

Hard evidence with statistics would be great, but anecdotal evidence would also help.

For example, The Great Tuscaloosa Pig Round Up is in it's 7th year. In year one we were out of pocket $3,200.00 and were featured in two newspapers and on one TV morning show. In the second year we broke even and had the same newspapers but had coverage on 3 TV networks. In year 3 we made X dollars and attracted 6 national sponsors. Our growth continued and now we are the largest event of our size in a 500 mile radius, with an annual attendance of X and generating profits of Y.*

Again, your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Feel free to email me if you would prefer not to post here.

saberinc at verizon dot net

*Completely made up

Eric Devlin

ThomEmery
11-15-2008, 02:15 PM
I may have some info for you
Catering today so i am kinda busy

motoeric
11-15-2008, 02:30 PM
I may have some info for you
Catering today so i am kinda busy

Thanks Thom. When you have a chance, your input would be appreciated.

Eric