PDA

View Full Version : Wildwood, NJ - 2009

HoDeDo
11-06-2008, 11:01 PM
My question is... does anyone have a way for a hodedo to cook the Wildwood contest this summer?? They have yet to respond to an email from me.

Sledneck
11-07-2008, 06:57 AM
My question is... does anyone have a way for a hodedo to cook the Wildwood contest this summer?? They have yet to respond to an email from me.
Do youmean as far as setup/equipment? If so then I would gladly do it

Sledneck
11-07-2008, 06:57 AM
i'm not around this month, but i would like to put in a request for a chicken and waffles trip later this winterim in on that one!!!

HoDeDo
11-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Do youmean as far as setup/equipment? If so then I would gladly do it

I mean in general - I have emailed both contacts on thier site, but not gotten a response yet. Basically they mail out on Sat. to get there Monday, and then lottery from what they get back by postmark...

I have asked if they would either email mine for monday arrival, or send it earlier than Sat. and allow me to next day air it to them, since there is no way I could get it back to them for a Tuesday lottery, like someone dropping in thier local mail :)

No responses as of yet... Go sit on someone's desk for me Sled. :rolleyes:
Or better yet... 8-) nevermind:twisted:

nancee
11-07-2008, 07:54 AM
last year I think they emailed the apps to anyone who had requested one in advance (also by email)
they held them for a brief time to be sure they were all received and then had a lottery from all those postmarked at the proper time

I have a ton of gear you can use for it and we will be cooking this contest again unless something gets completely screwed up
nancee

SmokeInDaEye
11-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I mean in general - I have emailed both contacts on thier site, but not gotten a response yet. Basically they mail out on Sat. to get there Monday, and then lottery from what they get back by postmark...

I have asked if they would either email mine for monday arrival, or send it earlier than Sat. and allow me to next day air it to them, since there is no way I could get it back to them for a Tuesday lottery, like someone dropping in thier local mail :)

No responses as of yet... Go sit on someone's desk for me Sled. :rolleyes:
Or better yet... 8-) nevermind:twisted:

Andy, the applications won't go out until late March and open spaces will be filled lottery style based on postmark. Doesn't really matter when it gets to them, just that it's postmarked on that Monday. I missed the email this year and didn't get it out until Tuesday so thus didn't get in. I probably won't try again in 2009 with so many others and a possible trip to KC on my plate.

HERE'S INFO FROM THIS YEAR:

As of March 29, 2008 all returning competitors have sent in their applications. We also have one competitor that won a free space at the KCBS Annual Banquet. This is required by the sanctioning agreement in the fine print. However – three of the top 2/3 placing teams are also vendors that do not require a competitor space – therefore it appears that we have 11 open spaces to be filled by this drawing.

3. Applications will only be accepted by United States Mail do not send via FEDEX or any other courier service. Also do not send signature required, certified or anyway that it will not be dropped off in a mailbox. NO ONE is at the firehouse to sign for letters or packages.

4. The selection process depends on the postmark so it would be to your advantage to bring it to the post office window and get a clear postmark on it. Stamps.com or PB Machine stamps are not considered postmarks for our purposes. You might want to consider Priority Mail and tracking as long as a signature or some one at the delivery point is not required.

5. The selection process:
a. We are going to wait a week before selecting people to fill the open spaces.
b. We will sort all mail by the postmark date – as this is sent on late Saturday evening Monday is first day letters should be postmarked.
c. All letters with a 3/31 postmark will have a number placed on each envelope. Starting with one through the number of envelopes received with a 3/31 postmarks.
d. Placed In a container will be slips of paper with the same numbers as placed on the outside of the envelopes.
e. A drawing is conducted using the slips of paper. The number on the first eleven slips of paper will cause the corresponding competitor application to be accepted.
Should the spaces not be filled with Monday postmarked applications then we go to Tuesday postmarks and so on until the spaces are filled. At the end three additional applications are drawn for a standby list in the event someone drops out.
f. All applications not accepted will be returned.
g. An email will be sent to all that an application was sent to with the results.

HoDeDo
11-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks Clint. I guess I was not taking into account the window for returning teams to get thiers back -- and If they do wait a full week, I guess mine would be safe via email.
Worst case - I map out another one on either end of Lake Placid.... and we go to plan "B".

SmokeInDaEye
11-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks Clint. I guess I was not taking into account the window for returning teams to get thiers back -- and If they do wait a full week, I guess mine would be safe via email.
Worst case - I map out another one on either end of Lake Placid.... and we go to plan "B".

Cool. Let me know your plans and perhaps I can come pit beetch.

MilitantSquatter
11-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Cool. Let me know your plans and perhaps I can come pit beetch.

Pit Beeching his Louisiana Grill will be hard work... You should spend the off season strenthing your thumb and pointer finger and improve flexibility... Pressing the ON/OFF sitch and UP/DOWN arrows might wear you out !!! :biggrin:

butt head
11-08-2008, 09:46 AM
if you want to try getting in to wildwood you have to send a request the 1st of the year. then they will send you an e-mail form that has to be sent with check by snail mail post dated for the monday after e-mailed form. this can only be mailed if your standing on your left foot and holding your right ear when mailing:icon_shy

HoDeDo
11-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Pit Beeching his Louisiana Grill will be hard work... You should spend the off season strenthing your thumb and pointer finger and improve flexibility... Pressing the ON/OFF sitch and UP/DOWN arrows might wear you out !!! :biggrin:

Listen here, Millitantelli...
I'll leave the hopper extension off, so that you have to add pellets every 4-6 hours.... happy?

He would have to plug it in too.... geesh :rolleyes:

Bentley
11-08-2008, 06:49 PM
HeHeHe...Pellet haters, gotta lovem!

Rhapsody
11-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Wildwood is the best contest ever. Just felt like I had to add that.

butt head
11-09-2008, 06:48 PM
:icon_shy

lunchlady
11-09-2008, 09:32 PM

dude... watch out for Plan B.... :twisted:

I believe Plan B was invented AT Lake Placid a coupla years back...

HoDeDo
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
dude... watch out for Plan B.... :twisted:

I believe Plan B was invented AT Lake Placid a coupla years back...

Do tell...

lunchlady
11-10-2008, 07:23 AM
no pics... never happened... heheh
oh wait... I found one...

To get back to the original thread... we've never been able to go, or get into, Wildwood, but I've only heard great things.

ique
11-10-2008, 08:23 AM

Ah, so you are going to do the LP > WW run? Good call.

I have not cooked WW in a few years and have it penciled in for next season if i can get in.

Be advised that WW is a very small contest, they cram a lot of teams in a smallish parking lot. Pretty sure there is not room for a large rig...

HoDeDo
11-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Ah, so you are going to do the LP > WW run? Good call.

I have not cooked WW in a few years and have it penciled in for next season if i can get in.

Be advised that WW is a very small contest, they cram a lot of teams in a smallish parking lot. Pretty sure there is not room for a large rig...

Even if they have someplace for me to park the rig offsite. I will have it with me, and it has my gear... May end up just looking for something else that is on the way out or the way back... Sounds like WW is not for the out of towner :cool: