PDA

View Full Version : The wheels came off....

jbrink01
10-06-2008, 11:02 AM
our wagon this weekend in Columbia. I suppose it's what we get for only coming out once this year, but I have never had a worse contest outing (score wise), nor have I ever cooked what I believe to be better food. I am takling the lesson to be either focus on the business or the contests, that I can't mix them.

Wish I knew.........BTW - York, I hope that bottle you won from me gives you a massive hangover :wink:!!

PS - Great to see all the MOFO's and meet the ones I didn't know. Had fun, just blew the contest part of it.

U2CANQUE
10-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Yeah, sounds like you learned one hellova one. I read on Rod's web blog about a hard lesson learned from vending/competing....it is a lot to keep up with....but, still, all in all sounds like you had a blast....

jbrink01
10-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, sounds like you learned one hellova one. I read on Rod's web blog about a hard lesson learned from vending/competing....it is a lot to keep up with....but, still, all in all sounds like you had a blast....

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I did not vend this contest.

Lion Bout The Q
10-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey, it was good cooking next to you and York...Thanks for the 9:30 shot...It must have helped as I had that huge 5th place sausage score.....Oh well
That was one high scoring contest overall...I knew our ribs and brisket tanked anyway...But we had fun..I thought it was well organized....Peter