PDA

View Full Version : Think this will work?

jbrink01
10-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Opinions are welcomed! We are looking at the below for contests (had an earlier post about toy haulers). How would it work to put an FEC 100 on the front rack? Hard to roll off? Any experience with these? The ends fold out like a pop up to make the sleeping areas.

http://i1.imagesrv.com/1/461/i/518667/i_461_518667_1224070.jpg (javascript:openPictureWindow(518667,0);)

toys4dlr
10-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I was looking at one of these, because I wrongly thought that I could leave the cookers on the stand. However you have to move the toys to put the bed donw and I did not like the soft side tent. Here in AZ it can be really hot and cold, so I like to have a solid side, so I went with a small toyhauler to move all my stuff. I also have seen those soft side "tent" sides weather, mold and tear. But I liked the concept. Again your cookers are subject to the weather when traveling, I don't know how the control board on the FEC likes rain???

Another, thing is that the list of Carp that I bring with me keeps growing (Cambro, chairs, tables, lots of beer, three cookers etc) and it is easier to roll into the back of the toy hauler.

That is why I picked my Jayco 19W. It works for me, the wife and our two boys. A little tight when sleeping, but great when the beds are up.

DeanC
10-01-2008, 07:12 PM
The FEC is not bad to roll around as long as you have two people to control it. Rain won't hurt it with the cover on. What is the wheelbase on that? I like it but I agree with toys, its a bit deceiving because you have to fold the beds down.

beam boys bbq
10-01-2008, 08:12 PM
look out b & B has the trailer bug:wink:

River City Smokehouse
10-01-2008, 10:22 PM
I hauled a FEC-100 for Ford Allison to Indianapolis last year and it took two of us fat boys and some nut wrenching gruntin to unload it, not to mention loading it in Wichita too. It is a well built piece for sure. I don't think it would be something I'd want to move very much.

Bbq Bubba
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I hauled a FEC-100 for Ford Allison to Indianapolis last year and it took two of us fat boys and some nut wrenching gruntin to unload it, not to mention loading it in Wichita too. It is a well built piece for sure. I don't think it would be something I'd want to move very much.

Agree, and i definetly would not travel with it on the front of that trailer!

What happened to the toy hauler? I was vicariously shopping thru you guys! :biggrin:

jbrink01
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Talked to Eddy yesterday on his way down to the Royal. He said can this idea and stick with the toy hauler. Ulcer Acres never PM'd me back on his.......

Bbq Bubba
10-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Talked to Eddy yesterday on his way down to the Royal. He said can this idea and stick with the toy hauler. Ulcer Acres never PM'd me back on his.......

Randy's got a beautiful set-up, but very high dollar. :biggrin:

Ron_L
10-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I take my FEC in and out of my cargo trailer regularly. You need a solid ramp and it's not too bad. I push it up the ramp and my wife guides it.

I would be concerned with the tongue weight of the trailer with a 400 lb FEC on the front like that, however.