PDA

View Full Version : NEBS Board of Directors Nominations

Transformer BBQ
09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
The elections for the 2009 BOD for the New England BBQ Society are just getting underway. We are still in the infant stages for this years elections, but its not to early to express interest.
If you, or anyone you know... or even anyone you think would be a good fit... are interested in running for a seat on the NEBS BOD, a two year term, please contact someone on the nominating committee. Brethren on that committee include: Mike (Lakeside Smokers), Steve (YankeeBBQ), as well as myself.

If you have any questions on what the Board does, or responsibilities of a BOD member, feel free to contact anyone on the Board-- (Brethren in addition to the above Michelle (Lunchlady), Sully (Nitrofly), Gary Taft (Michelle is Gary on here?)... And sorry if I missed any other BOd memebers, I forget who's on what site...

-Brendan

Lakeside Smoker
10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Bump.
It's been a busy week, I just wanted to make sure no one missed it.

ihbobry
10-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I like most of these people, I don't think most like me though. And that's ok, they just need some time. :biggrin:

SmokeInDaEye
10-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Do they have to live in new england? If not, I nominate sledneck as nebs representative of the long island nebs membership.

He's a grand championship winner, loves to debate issues big and small, and he can see new england from his house.

Lakeside Smoker
10-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Do they have to live in new england?

As I understand our by laws, no. Also, in our by laws we include New York as part of New England. Obviously, you need to be a nebs member.

I for one would love to see a New Yorker be part of the NEBS BOD.

Mike

Q Haven
10-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I second that. NY representation would be a big benefit to NEBS....

Transformer BBQ
10-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Bump

Really would love a NY voice on the board, NY is in the Bylaws as a New England BBQ Society State...

Technically I believe the only requirement is to be a NEBS member, where you live is not important...

SmokeInDaEye
10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Bump

Really would love a NY voice on the board, NY is in the Bylaws as a New England BBQ Society State...

Technically I believe the only requirement is to be a NEBS member, where you live is not important...

So what else do I need to do to nominate Sled? Does he need to confirm the nomination or drink a shot or something? If he's not available, I nominate Julie to represent us.

Sledneck
10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
I accept!!!

Transformer BBQ
10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
That's all that's needed at the moment... a short questionaire-esque response shortly... "we'll be in touch"

thanks guys...

SmokeInDaEye
10-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I accept!!!

So there you have it. Do we need to submit a urine sample? If not, please be sure not to open your mail tomorrow, Steve F and Brendan...

Seriously, I think Sled is one of the hardest working BBQ representatives in our area and can be an amazing asset as we NEBS members look to grow bigger and stronger.

CTSmokehouse
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I accept!!!

As a member of NEBS...

Sled would be a good representative...

He has my vote...

Are you a NEBS member Sled?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff!

Transformer BBQ
10-08-2008, 09:50 PM
he's a member, I personally can verify that...

CTSmokehouse
10-08-2008, 09:58 PM
he's a member, I personally can verify that...

Sounds good to me! Go Sled!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Lakeside Smoker
10-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Brendan forgot to tell you that you must be a Red Sox fan...

Sledneck
10-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Pffft yeah that will be the day:rolleyes::tongue:

Muzzlebrake
10-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Bump

do you want a voice from New York or Long Island (aka stinkin ass Met/Jet fan)?

big difference, ya know
:twisted::biggrin::biggrin:

lunchlady
10-10-2008, 07:28 AM
as you can tell ... we'll take just about anyone... heheh

I'd like to see NY representation as well... upstate, LI, wherever... we've ALWAYS considered NY to be part of NEBS, ever since way back when Robbie Richter was our NY state rep.

BBQ is inclusive, not exclusive... at least that's the way I learned it.

So get yer bio's in !!! (and I'm not even on THAT committee :wink:)

one last zing... I just can't resist... GO SOX!!!!

Sledneck
10-10-2008, 07:50 AM
I did not know that sports team picks were a criteria but here gos. I do not care much for baseball. I do not like the sox but do love the city of Boston. As far as football I am a Jets tailgater but only have been inside to watch a game once in the last 10 years or so. My sports are BBQ and hockey. Huge NY Islanders fan.:tongue:

Bastey Boy
10-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Go Sox, Go Pats, Go Celts, and yes, I'm the one who still says...Go Bruins!!:twisted:

'Nuff said?

SmokeInDaEye
10-10-2008, 05:03 PM
What's a "sox"?

ihbobry
10-10-2008, 06:02 PM
As an aside, (and no slam on Sled, any NEBS Member, or anyone else,) Upstate NY starts more or less @ Bear Mountain (sliding scale noted) LI and metro NY has NOTHING to do with the rest of the state. Otherwise we have this sort of mutual love until elections come around, BBQ or presidential. But that is it. :)

NY to be properly represented in NEBS needs 2 reps. It takes 12+ hrs to go from Montauk to Fredonia if you don't go through 2 other states. I can hit every state in NE and be home in that time.

lunchlady
10-10-2008, 07:25 PM
NEBS does have a New York 'state representative', Eric Johnson.
(they are elected too, by the way)

This thread is about a BoD position... coming to monthly meetings, at least once in a while, is a requirement - I believe.
A state rep has different responsibilities than a BoD member.

just to clarify... what do they say?... clear as mud.

Sledneck
10-14-2008, 12:29 PM
How many seats total are open? How many are up for reelection?

Transformer BBQ
10-14-2008, 01:06 PM
The board can be a maximum of 16 people, the number for a given year is a suggestion of the nominating commitee. We begane 2008 with 16 BOD members, there are currently 14 because of different reasons.

Off the top of my head, I believe 7 current members are NOT up for re-election which leaves 9 positions (give or take).

Of the 7 current board members with expring terms, one is unable to run again because he's been on the board for 6 straight years, and I believe another board member has expressed that she will not be running again.

Sledneck
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
So if my math is correct that leaves (4) open positions.

YankeeBBQ
10-14-2008, 01:54 PM
So if my math is correct that leaves (4) open positions.

Correct if we maintain the board at 16 members. The nominating committee will make a recommendation on the size of the BOD to the general membership and that will be voted on.

Sledneck
10-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Correct if we maintain the board at 16 members. The nominating committee will make a recommendation on the size of the BOD to the general membership and that will be voted on.
When does that happen?

YankeeBBQ
10-14-2008, 02:46 PM
When does that happen?

January 13th at the annual meeting

Sledneck
10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
January 13th at the annual meeting
Is that the same day as the election?

YankeeBBQ
10-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Is that the same day as the election?

Yup. It's in the bylaws. I don't make the rules...