PDA

View Full Version : Need my head examined,

jbrink01
09-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I woke up at 4:15 this morning (about 2 hours early) reviewing my contest process in my head. WTF??? It's a sickness I tell you! My Dad, God Rest His Soul, would roll over in his grave if he knew the kind of money I was going to spend on trailer and pits (when I have a great catering rig already) just to go to more contests and spend more money (he was rather frugal).

Is there some sort of support group out there, or is this it?

Podge
09-30-2008, 07:59 AM
This is the support group !!.. and no, you are not alone.

Scottie
09-30-2008, 09:16 AM
yep. Woke up at 3:00 am and realized I hadn't prepped any meat or had my meat inspected... Had a drink of water and went back to bed... Normal nights sleep...:roll:

Podge
09-30-2008, 09:34 AM
yep. Woke up at 3:00 am and realized I hadn't prepped any meat or had my meat inspected... Had a drink of water and went back to bed... Normal nights sleep...:roll:

i always have recurring nightmares that i was not on schedule. it will all get worse in a couple of weeks. insomnia, compulsive thinking, one-track-mind, alcoholism, etc..

Scottie
09-30-2008, 09:48 AM
That's why they invented beer and Jack. Make these build up weeks comfortable for sleeping... :wink:

U2CANQUE
09-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Well, as a trained mental health professional, highly regarded among my colleagues, I can say that there is only one cure, more smoke. Though the AMA may talk about how smoking is bad for you, the amount of abuse our bodies take on during a long weekend at a competition, the liver damage done **cough cough Scottie**, or the effects of driving after a competition, the long term prognosis is poor. Only slight rest during the winter months, planning and plotting on that next unique presentation will allow for full recovery. It is unfortunate that the remission is only short term, and relapse is a common factor...usually precipitated by the Spring months, and lasting through all summer, symptoms decrease in late fall. So, just inject more smoke into your daily life, and you will live long and prosper.

Now, what insurance company do I send the bill to, I am on most insurance panels, and will negotiate co-pays to coincide with gifts of rub, fatties, and sauce.

we'll smoke u
09-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Your looking at it.

Solidkick
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Gawd........I'm glad I'm not alone in this........I'm wore out before I ever get to the contest.....I've been in the sleepless night (OK, waking up in a cold sweat) routine now for about 2 weeks.....

Plowboy
09-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Gawd........I'm glad I'm not alone in this........I'm wore out before I ever get to the contest.....I've been in the sleepless night (OK, waking up in a cold sweat) routine now for about 2 weeks.....

I thought you old guys just woke up several times a night just to pee.

Solidkick
09-30-2008, 12:22 PM

Well..........that too.....:oops:

U2CANQUE
09-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Laughing, no prostate help here, but, mental health, a speciality....

michiana mark
09-30-2008, 12:35 PM

They have pills for that one.

Dale P
09-30-2008, 12:39 PM
It seems many take this BBQing way too seriously. Try what I do. I make sure that I only think about BBQ 16-18 hours a day. Dreaming is ok as long as you arent dreaming about peeing. That could cause sheet damage.

paydabill
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
I have had that happened. There is a support group - it is called the 3 wise men, Johnny, Jack and Jim. Sometimes their best friend Jose shows up.

Ashmont
09-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Dang I need to save more pennies. Jack Johnny or Jim.... Cant do that anymore (Long story mod) I cant drink anything with the Name Jack(Green or Black) Jim Johnny or fist letter J. Unless Jose but the J stays silent.... Now a Martini (lol I bet somebody will get that PUN)) or two there you go. Good luck the the addiction. Were all in it together

beam boys bbq
09-30-2008, 03:40 PM
welcome to the groop now lay back and type on the web page we are allways open from cost to cost :icon_shy:biggrin:

jbrink01
09-30-2008, 03:47 PM
I have had that happened. There is a support group - it is called the 3 wise men, Johnny, Jack and Jim. Sometimes their best friend Jose shows up.

I bought the Crown Special for the 9:30 shot today!