PDA

View Full Version : Big 10 Bash Roll Call and Info (formerly OSU vs Michigan Bash)

Pages : [1] 2

chinesebob
09-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Changed the name so all would be welcome to come.

Dates are November 8th, 9th, 10th.

Location: Rick's Tropical Island or his homestead whichever is easier to get to.

Sleeping Details: There's a barn and three car garage we can use to sleep in.

Party Details:
Thought is we show up Saturday Morning and hang out, Saturday Night we'll have a live band.

there will be a Porta John on site.

Trophy - up for suggestions.

So let's get the roll call started.

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-27-2008, 10:33 AM
here's the address:
8416 Farmersville - West Carrollton Pike, Germantown, OH 45327
about ten minutes west of the Dayton Mall at I75 & SR 725

there's plenty of room to park rv, campers, trailers, etc. we plan on getting a circus tent and will have some heaters in there depending on the weather.

this link should take you to the site in MapQuest:
click (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Germantown&state=OH&address=8416+Farmersville+W+Carrol+Rd&zipcode=45327-9504&country=US&latitude=39.672908&longitude=-84.336657&geocode=ADDRESS)

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/rtdmap.jpg

from I75 exit 44, go west on SR725 to north on SR4 to Farmersville West Carrollton Pike and 1 mile west to the big yellow barn

here's a photo of the site. :biggrin:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/marthashouse.jpg

BBQ Grail
09-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Round Trip Sacramento to Dayton $335.00...

Gotta talk to the boss...

Stiltz6ft9in
09-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Gotta talk to the wife...

jpw23
09-27-2008, 11:05 AM
If I can get the time off, the wife and I will be there.....only a 3.5hour drive.

sfisch
09-27-2008, 11:43 AM
OK, count me in but I want it know in advance that I am not personally responsible for anything that Bubba and Mike do that offends everyone! Oh, and you should know they have this "Stuff" they call really good whiskey that they make you drink, dont fall for it.

Larry, thats a really good price from California to Ohio round trip.

Scott

BBQ Grail
09-27-2008, 12:26 PM

Gotta talk to the wife...

Yup, that's what I said!

bbqbull
09-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Wifey says have fun, be safe and enjoy!

chinesebob
09-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Scott,

No one in their right mind would sign up for taking responsibility or blaming anyone for the craziness that comes out when Mike and Bubba get together with Alcohol.

I've got a couple of people coming from CMH that I've been trying to get to join the brethren for a while.

This is obviously open to all and if someone needs to fly in or drive in on a Friday to CMH my home is open for a sleep over and can ride over to the party with me.

bbqbull
09-27-2008, 06:52 PM
No one in their right mind would sign up for taking responsibility or blaming anyone for the craziness that comes out when Mike and Bubba get together with Alcohol.

This might turn out to be very very interesting indeed.

Glad I dont carry that type of reputation..................yet!

Ive drank with Bubba and a contest this year and he is a fine gentleman, as well is Mike.

A bash might be another story.

Any thoughts as to what I should bring to the bash?
Or are we going to go shopping when we arrive?

chinesebob
09-27-2008, 08:03 PM
That is a great point Bull. I didn't put that in there did I.

Bring what you want to cook and eat. The idea is that it's a bash to compete with. There's a restuarant depot not to far from Rick's place. At least it doesn't look that far on the map.

I think for the competition spirit of it we should focus on standard comp fair - minus the chicken if that's ok with everyone. If everyone wants to do chicken then I'll do chicken too. But chicken is a foul piece of meat.

For the competition portion I say the best overall combo of what we decide to cook. If you don't want to compete because you're afraid that bubba will break out his gas powered brisket knife, he's going to be hurting the morning of the turn in.

I'm sure there will be fatties, and abt's, and baked beans. But I would say that no one should bring too much or enough to feed the masses. We'll all be cooking and be trying different things.

Alcohol: I may be able to get a keg from PA of Yeungling or KY of the bourbon ale(that will knock all of us out). I will rely on input from the group. Otherwise bring what you like.

Special Note: Tobacco related products are generally much cheaper about 20-30 minutes south of Rick in the Bluegrass state. I will most definitely be making a run there for that purpose.

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-27-2008, 08:46 PM
kentucky is more like 45-50 minutes south of me if there is no traffic. there's a sam's about 15 minutes to the east close to the dayton mall. i've never been to the restaurant depot but it's in cincinnati which is about 40 minutes

i can also get vinny to get meat from his wholesaler if ya'll want.

i have a co2 setup if you want keg beer. i can get beer from vinny as well.

bbqbull
09-27-2008, 09:17 PM
I wasnt planning on doing any kind of competitive cooking C. Bob.
Im coming to meet the Brethren Folks and eat some fine eats and chill.
If there is a comp..count me out on any type of pressure cooking.
I will help cook what ever the folks wish to eat, just want a no pressure type situation.
If im off base here, I will rethink my position.

jpw23
09-27-2008, 10:18 PM
I wasnt planning on doing any kind of competitive cooking C. Bob.
Im coming to meet the Brethren Folks and eat some fine eats and chill.
If there is a comp..count me out on any type of pressure cooking.
I will help cook what ever the folks wish to eat, just want a no pressure type situation.
If im off base here, I will rethink my position.Ditto:biggrin:

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-28-2008, 08:14 AM
whelp, the unofficial comp thing was bob's idea. i have no idea since i've never been to a bash. do people bring their smokers to bashes? either way... i'll still be here. :biggrin:

Stiltz6ft9in
09-28-2008, 09:35 AM
If I come, I might bring the smoker. I'm not competing though, just because I haven't been cooking that long and just cooking in front of you guys will be enough pressure....

chinesebob
09-28-2008, 12:19 PM
well if the general consensus is no comp's even better. I'll have my spicewine there. which I know will cook enough for 200+ people at a time so if some other people have things there then we should have plenty of cooking real estate.

I may bring my UDS and see if we can deserts on it like Rick's eggs. I'm building a dampener for it this week. grease fires from ABT's are not fun.

sfisch
09-28-2008, 12:20 PM
I was thinking it was more of a relaxed atmosphere, well in regards to cooking, just hanging around cooking up stuff, drinking, shooting the bull, passing gas, etc... but if there is some competitive cooking that would be fun to watch too.
Just getting away for a couple days and having fun. Will be getting with the guys here in Michigan and see what actual equipment they want to bring.
Theres still some time to iron out any specifics but all in all this should be a blast, er, a bash!. Its really good to see so much interest.
If Bubba can talk good enough, maybe we can get him to give a small "how to build a UDS" clinic. The dude does do well with a garbage can.
Keep throwing out suggestions, Sounds like access to food and beverages is no problem.

Scott

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-28-2008, 02:36 PM
i would be all about someone doing a uds build demo and then leaving it here! :shock::eusa_clap:biggrin::twisted::icon_clown :roll: :icon_cool

Bbq Bubba
09-28-2008, 07:08 PM

Still sweet talkin her???

whelp, the unofficial comp thing was bob's idea. i have no idea since i've never been to a bash. do people bring their smokers to bashes? either way... i'll still be here. :biggrin:

If i bring down the party bus, no smoker, but will be glad to build one Sat. morning so Rick can cook on it!
Lookin forward to some Egg Pizzas Rick!
Also won't be needing the milking stall to sleep, let one of the Buckeye boys use it! :twisted:

BBQ Grail
09-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Still sweet talkin her???

Today was not a good day to bring the subject up. I'm sure you understand. Need to have the perfect moment.

Bbq Bubba
09-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Today was not a good day to bring the subject up. I'm sure you understand. Need to have the perfect moment.

Yes........Perfectly well!!

Good luck! :cool:

BBQ Grail
09-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Yes........Perfectly well!!

Good luck! :cool:

In a couple weeks I've got a weeks vacation. The purpose of the vacation from "work" is to accomplish the "honey do" list around the house. I'm figuring that following completion of the garage remodel, so she can park her van in the garage, I will be in a perfect position to get something in return.

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-28-2008, 08:54 PM
coming to a drive-in theater near you...

it's BBQ BUBBA and the MAGIC BUS!

Bbq Bubba
09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
coming to a drive-in theater near you...

it's BBQ BUBBA and the MAGIC BUS!

Sorta like this.........But not!!! :cool:

http://www.kidscolorpages.com/kcp02/magicschoolbus4.gif

chinesebob
09-28-2008, 11:08 PM
I'll bring my UDS and we can pull together the parts for another one. I've got a couple new tricks up my sleeve on an adjustable heat range. But that's going to the UDS thread.

I'm all for the hanging out. Don't take my enthusiasm wrong. I won't ruin the fun. In that case I'm definitely getting a keg of the good stuff maybe even the bourbon ale if we have enough people that like that kind of thing.

cmcadams
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
I can't be there the whole weekend, but I will be there

jeffjenkins1
09-30-2008, 06:23 AM
I am planning on being there Saturday and Sunday. I am getting a hotel room for me and my wife.

Jeff

chinesebob
10-01-2008, 12:31 AM
all I ask is that if I pass out too far to be carried back someone at least cover me so I won't get cold.....

cmcadams
10-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Some of us know Pat from Pat's Barbecue... He's trying to make a go of it doing catering and festivals, and he's got a festival in the area this weekend. It's in Spring Valley, not too far from the bash. If anyone wanted to run over to support him, it would mean a lot to him. There's also a place that has great apple dumplings at this festival.

I think this is Pat's last festival for 2008. If guys went over for lunch on Saturday, it would be pretty cool.

cmcadams
10-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Btw, I added that about Pat because I figured most of the people that know him are in this thread in some way... didn't mean to hijack.

The Pigman
10-02-2008, 05:55 PM

We will get you from Airport to bash...........................................and back

The Pigman
10-02-2008, 05:59 PM
That is a great point Bull. I didn't put that in there did I.

Bring what you want to cook and eat. The idea is that it's a bash to compete with. There's a restuarant depot not to far from Rick's place. At least it doesn't look that far on the map.

I think for the competition spirit of it we should focus on standard comp fair - minus the chicken if that's ok with everyone. If everyone wants to do chicken then I'll do chicken too. But chicken is a foul piece of meat.

For the competition portion I say the best overall combo of what we decide to cook. If you don't want to compete because you're afraid that bubba will break out his gas powered brisket knife, he's going to be hurting the morning of the turn in.

I'm sure there will be fatties, and abt's, and baked beans. But I would say that no one should bring too much or enough to feed the masses. We'll all be cooking and be trying different things.

Alcohol: I may be able to get a keg from PA of Yeungling or KY of the bourbon ale(that will knock all of us out). I will rely on input from the group. Otherwise bring what you like.

Special Note: Tobacco related products are generally much cheaper about 20-30 minutes south of Rick in the Bluegrass state. I will most definitely be making a run there for that purpose.

I thought a bash was cooking eating drinking .....not competing...........

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Some of us know Pat from Pat's Barbecue... He's trying to make a go of it doing catering and festivals, and he's got a festival in the area this weekend. It's in Spring Valley, not too far from the bash. If anyone wanted to run over to support him, it would mean a lot to him. There's also a place that has great apple dumplings at this festival.

I think this is Pat's last festival for 2008. If guys went over for lunch on Saturday, it would be pretty cool.

i'll be in cincy saturday for the reggae run...........

and it doesn't look we'll have enough people to justify my brother's band being here, so i'm thinking about canceling them.

The Pigman
10-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Just so you out of towners know when getting to Ricks

THE RULES OF RURAL OHIO ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Listen up City Slickers !
1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap right, your head isn't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight; it's called a 'dirt road.' I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

4. They are cattle. They're live steaks. That's why they smell funny to you. But they smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-70 goes east and west, I-71 goes north and south. Pick one.

5. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $150,000 corn pickers and hay balers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

6. So every person in rural Ohio waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and 3 does are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah, we eat taters & gravy, beans & cornbread. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available at Jim's bait shop.

9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

10. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.

11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup. Oh, yeah .... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat ... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!!

14. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

15. College and High School Football is as important here as the Cavs and the Knicks, and more fun to watch.

16. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards -- it spooks the fish.

17. Colleges? We have them all over. We have State Universities , Community Colleges, and Vo-techs. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at everybody when they come for the holidays.

18. We have a whole ton of folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. So don't mess with us. If you do, you will get whipped by the best.

19. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap ain't music, anyway. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers. Refer back to #1.

20. 4 inches isn't a blizzard - it's a flurry. Drive in it like you got some sense, and DON'T take all our bread, milk, and bleach from the grocery stores. This ain't Alaska , worst case you may have to live a whole day without croissants. The pickups with snow blades will have you out the next day.

jpw23
10-02-2008, 08:27 PM
i'll be in cincy saturday for the reggae run...........

and it doesn't look we'll have enough people to justify my brother's band being here, so i'm thinking about canceling them.
if ya talk to me just right.....I might be able to get the Fromunda bros there:biggrin:

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-03-2008, 05:23 AM
if ya talk to me just right.....I might be able to get the Fromunda bros there:biggrin:

my brother plays at the biker bar down the road tonight and i think i'll say cancel if you get a paying gig that night.

good one roger!

jpw23
10-03-2008, 10:19 AM
my brother plays at the biker bar down the road tonight and i think i'll say cancel if you get a paying gig that night.

good one roger!I'll ask the guys if they would be interested.....you've seen the size of em....they'll do damn near anything for food:lol:

chinesebob
10-03-2008, 08:23 PM
After this weekend I'll tally up the head count. I didn't think it was that small of a count. I know we've got more brethren in Ohio, MI, KY, IN, IL, PA. Maybe we need to have a small reach out... not to be confused with a reach around.

Bbq Bubba
10-03-2008, 08:42 PM
6 from Mi. as far as i know.

jpw23
10-04-2008, 07:24 AM
The Fromunda Bros. will be there along with their wives(roadies):lol:

bbqbull
10-04-2008, 08:37 AM
The Fromunda Bros. will be there along with their wives(roadies):lol:

Thats great news!

jpw23
10-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Thats great news!keep in mind though that these guys can't cook but, they really like bbq. They have suffered through my learning curve and never complained:lol:

bbqbull
10-04-2008, 04:12 PM
keep in mind though that these guys can't cook but, they really like bbq. They have suffered through my learning curve and never complained:lol:

And.........you think that this is a problem for your band?

There is going to be Rick and other awesome bbq experts there, me not included, but I can cook a nice boiled brisket.

sfisch
10-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Yep, should be a decent sized group from Michigan invading the south.
Whats the story behind the Fromunda Bro's?

Scott

bbqbull
10-04-2008, 09:13 PM

Scott

Not sure how to awnser this except they have cut there first cd.
They are a band who plays awesome music.

You need to see a couple of their videos.
If you were born in the 90's, you may not appreciate there music.
I was born in the early 50's and they rock.
A private message to jpw23 migh be benificial.

chinesebob
10-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Bull, you bringing your walker too? Or is that in loan to MSU?

sfisch
10-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Bull,
I was born in 1957 so I've got your back, haven't had to upgrade from a cane to a walker yet so if'n you get any crap from anyone, I'll knock em down with my cane and you can run them over with your walker!!
Chinesebob,
Wife said I could go If I bring her back cartons of cigs!

Scott

bbqbull
10-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Bull, you bringing your walker too? Or is that in loan to MSU?:eek:

Bull,
I was born in 1957 so I've got your back, haven't had to upgrade from a cane to a walker yet so if'n you get any crap from anyone, I'll knock em down with my cane and you can run them over with your walker!!:roll:
Chinesebob,
Wife said I could go If I bring her back cartons of cigs!

Scott

Sorry guys but no cane nor walker.
But the bash is a month away............and ya just never know between now and then!

Cant wait to get together and have fun but I hope its a bit warmer then than its been here the last 2 nites.

The Pigman
10-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Born in 51 and grew up during the BEST OF TIMES graduated 69.......................

Spydermike72
10-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Well although my Big 10 team is not performing up to normal standards I will still be there and representing the Great State of Michigan to the fullest!!

jpw23
10-06-2008, 05:46 PM

ScottThere's no story really....just two of my best friends that like to play music, we tried to get other musicians to play and they always turned out to be pill heads so, we said fark it, we'll do it on our own. We ain't pretty, we ain't all that talented but, we work cheap:lol:

bbqbull
10-06-2008, 06:04 PM
There's no story really....just two of my best friends that like to play music, we tried to get other musicians to play and they always turned out to be pill heads so, we said fark it, we'll do it on our own. We ain't pretty, we ain't all that talented but, we work cheap:lol:

Im sure we all will enjoy you and your bands company as well as the music.
Cant wait to meet you and your wife Jay!

BBQ Grail
10-06-2008, 06:12 PM

Scott

Jay and the guys play some great music. But the bands name is kind of cheesy.

Spydermike72
10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Jay and the guys play some great music. But the bands name is kind of cheesy.

Now that is funny I dont care who you are!! :lol:

sfisch
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Jay sounds like a really good time, bet the more we drink the better you guys sound, kind of like that idea, hopefully by the end of the weekend you'll be up for the music awards!!

Scott

jpw23
10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Jay sounds like a really good time, bet the more we drink the better you guys sound, kind of like that idea, hopefully by the end of the weekend you'll be up for the music awards!!

ScottWe always sound better when the crowd drinks:lol:

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-06-2008, 08:50 PM
don't be bringin any ash borers down here... i've lost three trees already:|

jpw23
10-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Jay and the guys play some great music. But the bands name is kind of cheesy.Finaly.....someone gets it:lol:

sfisch
10-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Tomorrow makes it one month away til B-Day!. Oh the excitement.

Scott

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Tomorrow makes it one month away til B-Day!. Oh the excitement.

Scott

can you believe that! i have so much to do and too little time.

soooo, do the fromunda bros have any special requirements like all blue m&m's or anything? :biggrin:

jpw23
10-07-2008, 06:38 PM
can you believe that! i have so much to do and too little time.

soooo, do the fromunda bros have any special requirements like all blue m&m's or anything? :biggrin:Food and booze........thats about it:lol:

Bbq Bubba
10-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Hey Rick, since ya asked, i'd like some blue Mmmsssssssssss! :twisted:

bbqbull
10-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Jay can you bring me some liquid fire.....please?
I wont share it w/anybody except my wife.
If ya bring me two, I will share one at the bash.

sfisch
10-11-2008, 06:50 AM
My wife asked how many wives are going to the bash?

Scott

Bbq Bubba
10-11-2008, 08:02 AM

Scott

Ummm, there not wives Scott, their called dancin girls......:cool:

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-11-2008, 09:25 AM
it's byodg *bring yer own dancin girl*

how many kegs should i get?
michelob light -->.
if you want fancy beer it's byofb :icon_clown

Spydermike72
10-11-2008, 11:25 AM
it's byodg *bring yer own dancin girl*

how many kegs should i get?
michelob light -->.
if you want fancy beer it's byofb :icon_clown

Hey Rick, Mich Light is Fancy beer!! :mrgreen:

Sounds good to me, maybe 1 to start with and have one on "Ready 5" at the local beer store... :biggrin:

The Pigman
10-11-2008, 02:16 PM
don't be bringin any ash borers down here... i've lost three trees already:|

On this note outoftowners police on indiana/ohio boarder pulled over truck with wood and fined him 150.00 for brining wood into ohio??????

Dont know what we will do for wood cant move wood between counties in Ohio.

The Pigman
10-11-2008, 02:20 PM

Scott

I aint got one of them.............................

The Pigman
10-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Well my sisters 50th B.D. surprise party is sat night so I will be leaving early Sunday morn for Ricks. Not bringing smoker but will be bringing Goetta, Deer Chili, and maybe if I can get it built (jet burner) for my 20gal pot I will be bringing makings for the Frogmore Stew. I also have the propane heater that I am bringing for the big tent.

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-12-2008, 09:32 AM
On this note outoftowners police on indiana/ohio boarder pulled over truck with wood and fined him 150.00 for brining wood into ohio??????

Dont know what we will do for wood cant move wood between counties in Ohio.

within the state of ohio, transporting hardwood is ok bewteen the affected counties.

http://www.ohioagriculture.gov/EAB/

http://www.ohioagriculture.gov/EAB/maps/eab-map-quarantine.pdf

i'm in montgomery county.

we could use some pallets for the bonfire! :twisted:

sfisch
10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
So do you need wood to cook with or for just the bonfire or both?
Questions get harder as we go along.

Scott

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
i cook with lump charcoal. pallets for the fire would be nice

Big George's BBQ
10-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow this looks like a blast. Unfortuneately I will probably not be driving yet and my leg will probably still be in an immobilizer

sfisch
10-14-2008, 11:10 AM
BIg George,
probably will be a few people "immobilized" at this event and won't be able to walk, you will fit right in.

Scott

chinesebob
10-14-2008, 11:59 PM
I got the port-o-john ordered so we'll have a place to take a load off.

And I really hope to be immobilized at least once. For you coffee loving fools I may have some Jamaica Blue Mountain coming in that I will roast up for all of us to enjoy. It may not be of the level of Ron_L's but I'm working on my technique.

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-15-2008, 05:39 AM
what do you brew that coffee in, bob? i have a big 40 cup percolator, but that is probably better for foldgers

The Pigman
10-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Coffee????? do you drink coffee at a Bash ?????? Just wondering

I'll have some Sunday morn when I get there

cmcadams
10-15-2008, 09:09 AM
I just found out I may have to be in Atlanta that weekend... argh!!!

The Pigman
10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Should we maybe list what all is bringing to share. Equip wise and food??

Roger- Goetta and Eggs for Monday breakfast, Deer chili for Sunday dinner with
cheese/bowls/spoons, Large propane heater for circus tent, checking into the jetburner for the frogmore stew

jpw23
10-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Just how cold should I expect it to be in november?

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-16-2008, 08:01 AM
the averages here for nov 8 are 56 and 35 degrees overnight.

roger, i'll have three large eggs, a medium egg, and mini egg, three gassers, a turkey frier, and a coleman stove... oh and a brinkman water smoker and a uds that someone will be building for me.

and i think i'm gonna try and fly thirdeye and don marco out here to cook for us! :biggrin:

the egg hut is heated and has a wood floor. just don't sleep on the pool table

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/chipotlegrind-011.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/ikeday8-008.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/ice-064.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/flatironstewII-006.jpg

betty is waiting for you!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/chipotlegrind-014.jpg

Big George's BBQ
10-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Rick that is a great set up

The Pigman
10-16-2008, 10:57 AM
I call dibs on that chair............................................. ....................

The Pigman
10-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Don Marcos Pig and Thirdeyes green chili............................................

chinesebob
10-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm so freaking excited I can hardly wait.

chinesebob
10-16-2008, 06:05 PM
As for coffee, I'll have about a pound or two roasted up for everyone to enjoy. And yes you drink coffee at a bash. Coffee goes well with everything.

I'm bringing my smoker, my tent, chairs, coolers, 15lbs of bacon, makings for two half pans of keri c's baked beans, my southern style green beans, case of beer, bottle of beam, coffee, camels, and anything we might need.

jpw23
10-16-2008, 08:55 PM
There will be some kentucky koolaid at this bash:twisted:

bbqbull
10-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Not sure if im coming down with bbq bubba and spydermike or driving mysefl.
My mom is terminally ill, and not sure what to do at this time, and things will change in a couple weeks.
I must keep my options open right now.
Definately want to attend and share fine eats and just chill.
It would be great to get and approximate head count so I can figure on what to bring.

sfisch
10-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Who was going to make the cigarette run, that's a prerequisite from my wife that I bring her back some smokes!!
Gonna go dig around in the freezer and see what I can find, would be a good opportunity to cook up a bunch of stuff.
Chinesebob, remind me to tell you the story about the BLue Mountain coffee I got in Jamaica.

Scott

chinesebob
10-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm making the tobacco run and I figure some food runs too, unless I've fallen down and everyone is just standing around laughing

sfisch
10-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Bob, I am sure that we would make every effort to pick you up, put you in the car and point you in the direction of the border!!

I've got a pretty big brisket that I'll bring along too.

Scott

BruceB
10-21-2008, 01:18 AM
As for coffee, I'll have about a pound or two roasted up for everyone to enjoy. And yes you drink coffee at a bash. Coffee goes well with everything.

I'm bringing my smoker, my tent, chairs, coolers, 15lbs of bacon, makings for two half pans of keri c's baked beans, my southern style green beans, case of beer, bottle of beam, coffee, camels, and anything we might need.

Camels...we cooking them or just riding them into town? :)

The Pigman
10-21-2008, 08:13 AM
18 days and counting.......................................... ...............

Anyone have a actual head count

sfisch
10-21-2008, 01:27 PM
So has anyone actually started a realistic head count?
As of last night pretty sure theres me, Spydermike, Bruce B, Bubba, and Troy in the motorhome and Bull posted he's probably driving down.
Who else?

Scott

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
i'll have some family and friends from cincinnati and a few neighbors...
and maybe a guard :biggrin:

bbqbull
10-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Jpw and his band, their wives are coming.
Voodoo bbq or Kevin is planning on coming.
Possibly Parrothead if he can get away plans on coming.

jpw23
10-21-2008, 07:55 PM
3 large bottles of Ky Koolaid will be there too!!!!:biggrin:

The Pigman
10-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Is anyone bringing a stick burner????? I can bring some red oak ? I not bringing my lang.

I will bring one of my 12 by 14 canopys to put some cookers under.

If it is not freezing I could bring my Wash Rack maybe?????

sfisch
10-22-2008, 07:06 AM
OK, now we are getting somewhat organized. That's scarey.
I don't think we can strap a bunch of pallets on top of the motorhome but on the other hand it is the BUBBAMOBILE for the weekend. Could also put Granny (A.K.A. Mike) in a rocking chair on top too.

Seriously, what are you guys down there wanting us to bring? I'm guessing we will make a food run once we get there.

Scott

chinesebob
10-23-2008, 05:21 AM
I'll be there, possibly with a couple friends, and I'm bringing my spicewine (which to other spicewine owners I am a stick burner), and other stuff. I'm bringing my booze and I'll be making the tobacco run.

sfisch
10-23-2008, 06:43 AM
Cool Bob, I'm wanting to see a spicewine in action.

Scott

Spydermike72
10-23-2008, 08:25 AM
OK, now we are getting somewhat organized. That's scarey.
I don't think we can strap a bunch of pallets on top of the motorhome but on the other hand it is the BUBBAMOBILE for the weekend. Could also put Granny (A.K.A. Mike) in a rocking chair on top too.

Seriously, what are you guys down there wanting us to bring? I'm guessing we will make a food run once we get there.

Scott

Scott, I dont think you have the concept of the Michigan - Ohio State rivalry down yet. You are supposed to razz the Ohio State people not the Michigan people... Now you are giving us a bad name... :twisted::mrgreen:

BruceB
10-23-2008, 08:44 AM
He's came dangerously close to being voted "Most Likely To Have To Sleep With Troy" right there. LOL

The Pigman
10-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Well if we are bashing because of sports......being from Cincy I have heard it all my whole life so you wont hear anything from me but some belching and snoring.....

FatBoyz
10-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I would like to know if i can come? I will bring my guitar and my wife can i judge? i promis to be fair and take bribes... i hear you have a pota potty!!! and do you have cows? i here jpw is going to be there so he owes me some hooch now is a good time to collect...so can i come? oh and i still have sparky and he wants to play!!!!

sfisch
10-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Dang Mike, beat me up!
Rivalry is such a harsh word. Don't you believe in world peace? As Brethren brothers and sisters, we must act as an example to the rest of the world that we can all live harmoniously amongst eachother no matter what part of the country we are from or whose football team we like the most.
AHHH! I crack me up sometimes! Just don't want to pis* them off too bad because they are making the beer run!! You are going to make it so we will be wondering what is really in the pitcher, draft or ?????? Of course I have sampled some of the stuff you drink so you may not know the difference.
Bet Troy is just like a big ol cuddly teddy bear anyways.

Scott :)

Spydermike72
10-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Dang Mike, beat me up!
Rivalry is such a harsh word. Don't you believe in world peace? As Brethren brothers and sisters, we must act as an example to the rest of the world that we can all live harmoniously amongst eachother no matter what part of the country we are from or whose football team we like the most.
AHHH! I crack me up sometimes! Just don't want to pis* them off too bad because they are making the beer run!! You are going to make it so we will be wondering what is really in the pitcher, draft or ?????? Of course I have sampled some of the stuff you drink so you may not know the difference.
Bet Troy is just like a big ol cuddly teddy bear anyways.

Scott :)

Scott I think our Ohio Brethren know I am just messing with them, and I expect them to return the favor. We arent going to Columbus so we should be ok... :shock: :cool:

You can tell us if Troy is a big ol cuddly teddy bear... :shock:

Bbq Bubba
10-23-2008, 08:25 PM
I would like to know if i can come? I will bring my guitar and my wife can i judge? i promis to be fair and take bribes... i hear you have a pota potty!!! and do you have cows? i here jpw is going to be there so he owes me some hooch now is a good time to collect...so can i come? oh and i still have sparky and he wants to play!!!!

Only if you bring your alter ego.......er, i mean Divemaster!! :cool:

bbqbull
10-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Billy, come on down, bring your wife and all the brethren folks ya wish.
This is going to be one great get together next month!

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-23-2008, 09:48 PM

no cows, but there's some mighty sexy sheep down the road. you know, the ones with the black stockings? whewwdoggies! gives me shivers just thinkin about them! :shock:

FatBoyz
10-24-2008, 12:58 PM
ok where there is there a hotel neer by?
and i thick dive might be commin to

Bbq Bubba
10-24-2008, 01:29 PM

I'll give up my spot in the milking stalls in the barn for you and Dive to snuggle in. :twisted:

Divemaster
10-24-2008, 02:52 PM

I'll give up my spot in the milking stalls in the barn for you and Dive to snuggle in. :twisted:

Yes it's true, the alter ego may be there as well... I'm going to try and talk my dancing girl into joining us hense the reason for the hotel...

bbqbull
10-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes it's true, the alter ego may be there as well... I'm going to try and talk my dancing girl into joining us hense the reason for the hotel...

That would be great Dive!

I will be using the back 40 and not the plastic porta potty if Billy shows up though...............

FatBoyz
10-24-2008, 06:08 PM
thats bullchit you told me your knees hurt last time and you needed a bed

chinesebob
10-24-2008, 10:45 PM
no cows, but there's some mighty sexy sheep down the road. you know, the ones with the black stockings? whewwdoggies! gives me shivers just thinkin about them! :shock:

Considering your egg watcher is a large doll Rick I wouldn't put it past you.:shock:

The more the merrier. This is going to be one heck of a good time. I'm thinking JPW is going to be needing more hooch though.

Mike I wouldn't worry too much about the razzing, it cycles every 10 years or so.

I'm looking forward to this. My only true "vacation" all year! Yahoo!

chinesebob
10-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Dive's coming? Did I see that right? Well now it's really going to be a party. Dancing girl? Rick's egg watcher may get jealous....

Less than 2 weeks to go and from what I can see - a whole bunch of brethren and company! About 20 people so far (wives included).

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-25-2008, 05:04 AM

there's hotels at the I75 & SR725 interchange near the dayton mall and that is about 10-12 minutes away.

Spydermike72
10-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Considering your egg watcher is a large doll Rick I wouldn't put it past you.:shock:

The more the merrier. This is going to be one heck of a good time. I'm thinking JPW is going to be needing more hooch though.

Mike I wouldn't worry too much about the razzing, it cycles every 10 years or so.

I'm looking forward to this. My only true "vacation" all year! Yahoo!

Thanks Bob, please let the Michigan contingent if there is anything that we need to bring!!

Spydermike72
10-25-2008, 08:18 AM

Dive and Billy are coming :eek::mrgreen:

It will be good to see you again Dive!! Now we need to get Harbormaster to come on over!!

chinesebob
10-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Forget Dive - I want to see his dancing girl!

FatBoyz
10-25-2008, 10:00 AM
ok as some of you know my wife is commin so i have to get a hotel so i am bringin sparky and for $10 you can light me up for 5 sec or more....this is a bargen or for $20 i will light myself up and that is funny last time i did it it was on for 15 sec it looks very funny hehehe see you all soon

Ford
10-26-2008, 07:50 PM
OK - just saw this post. I hardly ever read other than competition. Somebody email with details - when do we arrive? Friday or Saturday? What's this I see about coffee on Monday? I could maybe get away from work Friday afternoon and head back to work Sunday afternoon but of course that means 2 weeks away from home. Still I'll consider coming knowing that payback is not nice. Glad it changed from a football party. After all if MSU got womped by The O and we whomped MI it could be a bad week for MI.

I won't be able to bring cookers but would gladly pick up some food. Could get some coffee and with all due respect to Blue Mountain extra fancy Kona is pretty good too. Maybe a few cigars and a bottle or 2 of some kind of majic elixer. I think I'd probably sleep in the truck the night we party. Drinking and driving don't mix. If Firday is a quiet night I'll get a hotel then.

And is Billy really coming? And Bull - I'll be in Jackson so we could drive down together and if you needed to get home I'd head back.

chinesebob
10-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Ford - as it turns out I just ordered 5lbs of extra fancy Kona Purple Mountain I'll be roasting for everyone to drink. The blue mountain is still on hold for right now since they have to sell another 15 lbs before they order in the barrel (I only got 7).

bbqbull
10-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Ford im going one way or another.
I can drive, your most welcome to ride with me.
I will be driving though Jackson, would love your company.
Just checked my calender, gotta reschedule a yearly physical but still going to make this bash.
Do you still have my phone number?
If not shoot me a pm.

sfisch
10-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Ford,
Glad you decided to join in. My understanding is we are leaving Friday morning, still waiting on the specifics from Bubba, he knows a guy.

Scott

BruceB
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Ford,
Glad you decided to join in. My understanding is we are leaving Friday morning, still waiting on the specifics from Bubba, he knows a guy.

Scott

Be careful about letting out too many details, those Ohio State Troopers are sneaky. :)

FatBoyz
10-27-2008, 03:35 PM
ford if your comming im bringin bibbs

Bbq Bubba
10-27-2008, 03:38 PM

What does she look like??? :twisted:

Ford
10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Last time I saw the 2 of you together didn't have a very pleasant ending to the night for you.

But I think bibbs would like Bubba. :icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil Not going to forget that click, click sound soon.

Actually you should get a bunch of them to saddle up and come down to say hi.

Still trying to finalize plans but will need to make up my mind this weekend.

BruceB
10-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Hope you can make it Ford, someone's got to bring the Parkay. LOL

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-27-2008, 06:54 PM
looks like the count is going up! i better get two kegs :biggrin:

as far as what to bring? i've been trying to find a motor for my bathroom fan. bring me one of those.

oh, and pallets to burn in the bonfire. and your meds

Bbq Bubba
10-27-2008, 09:03 PM
looks like the count is going up! i better get two kegs :biggrin:

as far as what to bring? i've been trying to find a motor for my bathroom fan. bring me one of those.

oh, and pallets to burn in the bonfire. and your meds

What size duct and what CFM?? :biggrin:

Not speaking for the whole gang, but most of us, especially Scott, are Bourbon drinkers!

No room for pallets on the bus but will be bringing down a "special smoker" for you to cook on! :cool:

chinesebob
10-27-2008, 10:05 PM
I've got a line on some old log rounds and there's a local boy scout troop that has a ton of pallets we may be able to have a few of.

Hmmmm...... Bourbon. I'm getting me some of that now.

sfisch
10-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Bourbon, ah yes, nechtar of the gods.
Ford, if you come down I will go on record now and say that I will do one of those 9:02 or whatever time it is shots of that stuff again. Get the cameras ready.

Scott

The Pigman
10-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Bourbon, ah yes, nechtar of the gods.
Ford, if you come down I will go on record now and say that I will do one of those 9:02 or whatever time it is shots of that stuff again. Get the cameras ready.

Scott

9:22 and if Rollin smoke is there I hear he was appointed ambssador or high preistess or what ever it is.

The Pigman
10-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Was wondering if anyone was coming that had a Lang 84??? i have some stainless side covers if anyone was intrested????

sfisch
10-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Hey SpyderMike,
You getting a Lang 84??

Maybe I'll sleep in past 9:22....Right.

Scott

Spydermike72
10-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Was wondering if anyone was coming that had a Lang 84??? i have some stainless side covers if anyone was intrested????

I may have an 84 by then. Got any pics ??

The Pigman
10-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Stainless covers slide on both sides where the alum pan is sitting.

sfisch
10-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Oh Mike, you have to have those, would definately make cleanup easy and HD would just love you!!

Pigman, do I get a commission???

Scott

Ford
10-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I may have an 84 by then. Got any pics ??
might just want to hurry up and decide. I know somebody else that is etiher talking to Walt now or will be in a day or 2.

sfisch
10-29-2008, 07:04 PM
I know Ohio used to not have a deposit law for pop and beer, is it still cheaper down there?

Scott

Spydermike72
10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
might just want to hurry up and decide. I know somebody else that is etiher talking to Walt now or will be in a day or 2.

Not talking to Walt, got another source... :icon_shy

The Pigman
10-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Lets see Scott 10 % of 0 is that 0 unless mike is bringing me a drink and ussually drinks dont last long enought to go around.

Oh Mike, you have to have those, would definately make cleanup easy and HD would just love you!!

Pigman, do I get a commission???

Scott

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
who's coming on friday?

sfisch
10-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Rick;
For friday I know for sure, Bubba, Mike, Me, Bruce B, and waiting on a confirmation from Troy. Bull is driving down and still waiting to hear if Ford is coming.

Pigman,
Hey, working on Mike for you to buy those pretty shelves, you just giving those away!!

Scott

bbqbull
10-30-2008, 06:52 AM
Rick, im driving down Friday.

Spydermike72
10-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Rick;
For friday I know for sure, Bubba, Mike, Me, Bruce B, and waiting on a confirmation from Troy. Bull is driving down and still waiting to hear if Ford is coming.

Pigman,
Hey, working on Mike for you to buy those pretty shelves, you just giving those away!!

Scott

Roger and I are talking.. I have a commision for you Scott just think of the initials J.D.

The Pigman
10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I will be coming in early on Sunday morn.....I thought it was Sat, Sun, mon, Tues. i have my sistersd 50th B.D. party on sat night

Bbq Bubba
10-30-2008, 09:29 AM
I will be coming in early on Sunday morn.....I thought it was Sat, Sun, mon, Tues. i have my sistersd 50th B.D. party on sat night

Sorry to hear that Roger, i think most of us will be gone Sunday afternoon.
Will be looking forward to Sunday breakfast though!! :biggrin:

The Pigman
10-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Sad but true...
Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the SuperBowl? A. The Cincinnati Bengals

Q. What do the Cincinnati Bengals and Billy Graham have in common? A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ".

Q. How do you keep a Cincinnati Bengal out of your yard? A. Put up goal post. Q. What do you call a Cincinnati Bengal with a Super Bowl ring? A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Cincinnati Bengals and a dollar bill? A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. How many Cincinnati Bengals does it take to win a Super Bowl? A. Nobody knows and we may never find out!

Q. What do the Bengals and a possums have in common? A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

The Ohio State Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Cincinnati.
For the first offense, they give you two Cincinnati Bengals tickets.
If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

The Pigman
10-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry to hear that Roger, i think most of us will be gone Sunday afternoon.
Will be looking forward to Sunday breakfast though!! :biggrin:

Really it was set up for 8th to 11th??????????????????

The Pigman
10-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Mike you giving away my Jack daniels?????????????

Roger and I are talking.. I have a commision for you Scott just think of the initials J.D.

Bbq Bubba
10-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Really it was set up for 8th to 11th??????????????????

Not sure where you saw that, I'm guessing Chinese Bob posted it wrong but no one ever noticed, or just ignored it because......like i said, Bob posted it! :twisted:

The Pigman
10-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Not sure where you saw that, I'm guessing Chinese Bob posted it wrong but no one ever noticed, or just ignored it because......like i said, Bob posted it! :twisted:

Those were the dates that Rick came up with?????????? Dont know//////

sfisch
10-30-2008, 11:26 AM
The stuff Mike has is disguised as some sort of good Whiskey. It is not meant for human consumption but he still forces it on you. It will be fun after dark when the bonfire is a burning and everyone takes turn peeing on it after drinking that stuff, NASA will be able to see the burn from outer space!

Scott

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-30-2008, 04:45 PM

it was posted by me for the 8th through the 11th veteran's day. i always expected saturday to be the biggest night of attendance. friday is cool too! come on up on sunday, roger!

i'll be here for the duration and i have friday and monday off. :biggrin:
i'll pickup the kegs on friday morning.

i need to get the tent and i need to decide if it's just a top or with sides.

i have a dead tree and a chainsaw someone can play with :twisted:

what do yous want me to cook? anything? :roll:

FatBoyz
10-30-2008, 06:04 PM
you have a chane saw ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i can get my hands on some c4 hehehehehheand some 6 and 8 in fireworks

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-30-2008, 06:11 PM
you have a chane saw ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i can get my hands on some c4 hehehehehheand some 6 and 8 in fireworks

no thanks.

The Pigman
10-30-2008, 09:08 PM
How many will be staying sun night or is all leaving on Sunday????????????????

jeffjenkins1
10-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Rick's place may not be there on Sunday night if Billy has anything to do with it!

Jeff

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-31-2008, 07:46 AM
someone bring the handcuffs

i'll do a 15" skillet of boat eggs with smoked fatty gravy on both saturday and sunday morning. looks like i'm making pizzas friday night. i want to try a panko/pistachio encrusted lamb chop recipe...

BruceB
10-31-2008, 08:30 AM
That's it...not eating after next Wednesday until we get there. LOL

sfisch
10-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Bruce,
I was thinking the same thing.

Rick;
I thought you were cooking everything you have posted pictures of.!!

Scott

Spydermike72
10-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Mike you giving away my Jack daniels?????????????

Hey Roger, I will make sure we have some Jack for you Sunday morning, Scott cant handle the good stuff, he likes drinks with little umbrelas in them :mrgreen:

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
ok then! i just had my septic tank pumped and i ordered a 20'x30' enclosed tent with 4 tables and 24 chairs!

bring it!
:biggrin:

chinesebob
10-31-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm bringing a full corned brisket we can rinse and smoke, ribs, enough 15lbs of bacon, and KONA coffee(if it makes it here). It's supposed to rest for 4 days after roasting but I don't think any of will mind if it's less. Oh and lots of beer! At least a case of the good stuff and some of the better stuff.

if anyone wants to bring stuff from home they already have, between Rick's 6 eggs and my spicewine we can smoke anything. Otherwise we can make a restaurant depot run when we get there since it's en-route from Tobacco heaven.

The Pigman
10-31-2008, 04:09 PM
And im making goetta to go with that sunday and monday morn,

I am also bringing Deer chili and told my sister to see me before 8PM sat night at her B.D.party because Im leaving then to come up......so if the fires still burning i will be there around 930pm sat evening sober and ready to party

How many will be staying over to monday???????????????????????????????????

someone bring the handcuffs

i'll do a 15" skillet of boat eggs with smoked fatty gravy on both saturday and sunday morning. looks like i'm making pizzas friday night. i want to try a panko/pistachio encrusted lamb chop recipe...

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-31-2008, 04:36 PM
are you afraid to be here by yourself with me, roger? :shock:

so we hope to have the 55 body back on the frame by next weekend and maybe the motor running :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bbq Bubba
10-31-2008, 04:53 PM
ok then! i just had my septic tank pumped and i ordered a 20'x30' enclosed tent with 4 tables and 24 chairs!

bring it!
:biggrin:

Anybody play Hold-em? :cool:

so we hope to have the 55 body back on the frame by next weekend and maybe the motor running :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Shall i bring my spray guns? (Maaco mod)

The Pigman
10-31-2008, 05:08 PM
no rick just wonder how much food to bring for monday

Also bring propne heater for tent

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-01-2008, 07:43 AM

Shall i bring my spray guns? (Maaco mod)

no guns... but i am accepting cornhole games.

Spydermike72
11-01-2008, 07:50 AM

Bubba needs someone to teach him how to play... :mrgreen:

The Pigman
11-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Isnt that what teammates are all about?????????????????????????????

Bubba needs someone to teach him how to play... :mrgreen:

sfisch
11-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Chinesebob;
what do they get for a carton of Kools down there?
Think our plan is to hit the store when we get there and pickup whats ever left on your list of things to get.
I figured Bubba would be more in tune with a game with the words cornhole in it than he would cards.
Started packing this morning!

Scott

BruceB
11-01-2008, 12:50 PM
You started packing this morning? How much chit are you bringing?

bbqbull
11-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Is there a Sams Club nearby?
Someone mentioned Rest. Depot near there but I dont belong.
Figured after I arrived we can formulate a list and head to a store and grab what we need.

sfisch
11-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Bruce,
Important things first, I put my koozie cup in the suitcase! Oh, better go and put the beano in there too so I dont forget.

Scott

bbqbull
11-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Just bought a new Garmin gps model 260.

This is Ricks location, here's the address:
8416 Farmersville - West Carrollton Pike, Germantown, OH 45327.

Anybod know if I have to put in just 8416 Farmersville or the entire addy?

Thanks in advance for helping this rookie out.

Rick can ya pm me your phone # in case I get lost?

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Is there a Sams Club nearby?
Someone mentioned Rest. Depot near there but I dont belong.
Figured after I arrived we can formulate a list and head to a store and grab what we need.

sam's is closer than restaurant depot. the sam's is off SR725, east of I75.

click (http://www2.samsclub.com/clublocator/club_detail.aspx?mySearch=zip&myZip=45327&myClub=8136) this

there's a kroger's in miamisburg and an iga down route 4 to the south

Spydermike72
11-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Isnt that what teammates are all about?????????????????????????????

I am sure that you have heard the old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink". Well I have tried to teach Bubba, but he is always the 1st one out... :twisted::cool:

The Pigman
11-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I didnt start packing but i am making the deer chili today

You started packing this morning? How much chit are you bringing?

chinesebob
11-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Good news all!
Got the giant bag of jap's from Restaurant depot, 5lbs of cream cheese, and most importantly the KONA CAME IN TODAY. Did my first roast this afternoon to be able to test it out tomorrow morning and tomorrow night(irish creme).

chinesebob
11-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Here's the head count I got so far:
Rick - He lives there
Me - Friday
sfisch - Friday
trp1fx - ?
stiltz6ft9in - Talk to Wife?
JPW - With Wife
BBQBull
BBQ Bubba - Friday
CMCadams - Some time not sure when
JeffJenkins1 - With Wife Saturday?
The Pigman - Sunday Morning
Cheesy Bro's - and Wives
ArachinidMike - Friday
Voodoo BBQ -?
Parrothead - Maybe
Bruce B - Friday
Fatboyz and Wife
Divemaster and Dancing Girl
Ford
Troy - Friday

Correct me if I've misstated anything.
For those interested - The Kona roasted awesome and it tastes phenomenal!

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-02-2008, 06:57 AM
looks like we missed the warm weather by one week! :roll:

it'll be warm in the tent at least.

i've got a few neighbors, a few family, and a few from cincinnati coming up, 10 to 15 total

sfisch
11-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Chinesebob
Can't forget the ever powerful Oz, er, ..I mean Spydermike, President of the Great Lakes BBQ Assn!! Can't wait to try your coffee, does it help headaches too?
Man we are going to have quite a group, Good idea about the septic tank cleaning out Rick.

I took Thursday off of work too just to rest up. He he he.

Scott

sfisch
11-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Is trp1fx coming in from California?

Scott

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-02-2008, 07:30 PM
let me introduce you to Sunshine!

i don't care who else comes...
move over betty, there's a new lady in town! :biggrin:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/sunshine55chevy1.jpg

Bbq Bubba
11-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Put a shirt on her, can't ya see she's cold? :biggrin:

Big Mike
11-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I have to fly out to Ascension Island on Sunday, but I will be coming out on Friday. I will be bringing a special bottle of bourbon and some cigars for any who wants to partake.

Also, for any stick burners, I have a some Red Oak that I would be willing to deliver to the bash for you to take home.

chinesebob
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
bring it! I'll take some.

Spydermike72
11-03-2008, 05:30 AM
let me introduce you to Sunshine!

i don't care who else comes...
move over betty, there's a new lady in town! :biggrin:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/sunshine55chevy1.jpg

She is a beaut Rick!!

Big Mike
11-03-2008, 06:45 AM

Bourbon, Cigars or Red Oak??:-D

sfisch
11-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Very nice Rick,
I've got a '65 Mustang coupe that took 6 yrs to re-build. She's painted Laser Red Tinted Metallic Clearcoat, the same paint as the Lincoln Navigator, kind of a candy appleish. Bearing in the water pump went this spring and the poor thing spent the summer in the garage. Going to be my first winter project. Won a few awards with it, even a 1st in Original/Restored.

Scott

The Pigman
11-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Well things changed and will be coming up on Friday night. See all there.

Bbq Bubba
11-03-2008, 09:13 AM

Bourbon, Cigars or Red Oak??:-D

All of the above! :cool:

The Pigman
11-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Be good to see you up there. How did you do at the Jack???????? You bring Ferguson with you?

I have to fly out to Ascension Island on Sunday, but I will be coming out on Friday. I will be bringing a special bottle of bourbon and some cigars for any who wants to partake.

Also, for any stick burners, I have a some Red Oak that I would be willing to deliver to the bash for you to take home.

chinesebob
11-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Bubba knows me so well. 3 days and counting.

chinesebob
11-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Rick - How you going to mount one of your eggs in there?

Rolling Smoke
11-04-2008, 04:49 AM
Be good to see you up there. How did you do at the Jack???????? You bring Ferguson with you?

Come on Dietrich! Don't be calling people by their last names on here. :icon_devil

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-04-2008, 05:35 AM
hey, mr smoke :biggrin:

are you coming out to the bash?

Rolling Smoke
11-04-2008, 06:57 AM
I won't be able to stay overnight but I do want to come out and meet some people.

Bbq Bubba
11-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Look forward to meeting you Jim, i hear your the man to ask about running a comp.? :biggrin:

Bbq Bubba
11-04-2008, 07:19 AM
I'm seeing a high temp of 45* for the wekend??? (cuddle mod) :shock:

sfisch
11-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Yeah, weather going to crap really fast after friday but it will never be crappy enough for your cuddle mod Bubba, well guess I should speak for myself, you and Mike are pretty close.

Scott

Rolling Smoke
11-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Look forward to meeting you Jim, i hear your the man to ask about running a comp.? :biggrin:

Don't know about running comps but I did watch a guy fix a Japanese transmission once :biggrin:

Looking forward to meeting you too Bubba!

BruceB
11-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Yeah, weather going to crap really fast after friday but it will never be crappy enough for your cuddle mod Bubba, well guess I should speak for myself, you and Mike are pretty close.

Scott

Don't worry Scott....come'ere baby!!!

The Pigman
11-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Its your fault you are hooked up with another JIM.......................Weaver the #2

Come on Dietrich! Don't be calling people by their last names on here. :icon_devil

Bbq Bubba
11-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Anybody need anything from the site, i'll give a 5% discount to Bash attendee's plus free delivery! :biggrin:

sfisch
11-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Anyone heard from Ford or Troy to see if they are coming?

Scott

Rolling Smoke
11-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Its your fault you are hooked up with another JIM.......................Weaver the #2

And how many times have you seen him on the Brethren Forum?

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-04-2008, 04:27 PM

he works in the same office as me and i never see him! :twisted:

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Anybody need anything from the site, i'll give a 5% discount to Bash attendee's plus free delivery! :biggrin:

you shall bring me a hat and a yardbird rub, yes :biggrin:

Bbq Bubba
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
you shall bring me a hat and a yardbird rub, yes :biggrin:

Ya mon! :biggrin:

jpw23
11-04-2008, 04:42 PM
will there be shelter for band equipment and band?

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-04-2008, 05:07 PM
will there be shelter for band equipment and band?

ummmm... yes. i tried to ask what the band requirements were, but no one responded.

i have a 20'x30' tent with side walls rented and it will be setup adjacent to the three car garage in the middle of the courtyard.

what kind of band is it? what electrical requirements do they need? i have no idea.

edit. oh... and we'll heat the tent as best we can. i have a kerosene salamander and a propane heater and a couple electrics. the pigman said he has one of those tall propane heater, but i've lost track of when he said he's coming or even if he's bringing it.

sfisch
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Rick
Sounds like you are going above and beyond setting this up. Just want to let you know now in case I am too hung over or just mumbling alot later, thanks a bunch!

Scott

Ford
11-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I won't be able to make this one guys. Just too much going on right now. Have fun and drink a shot for me, heck drink lots of shots. I'll be thinking about you.

sfisch
11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Dang Ford, sorry to hear that, oh well Mike & Bubba will make me drink one for you.

Worked on my list of stuff to bring today while at work,

1) underwear
2)suitcase to put underwear in
3) does socks count as underwear?

Should do it.
Scott

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
here's the setup

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/egghut.jpg

JayAre
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
he works in the same office as me and i never see him! :twisted:

he works across the street from me and I never see him either...are we sure he exists??:lol:

sfisch
11-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Rick
great setup, we can camp by the woods which is good at night we can get up and pee in the trees.

Scott

The Pigman
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Rick I am now coming up fri evening and bringing the propane heater. It is one that they use in new homes doing drywall when there is no furnace.

ummmm... yes. i tried to ask what the band requirements were, but no one responded.

i have a 20'x30' tent with side walls rented and it will be setup adjacent to the three car garage in the middle of the courtyard.

what kind of band is it? what electrical requirements do they need? i have no idea.

edit. oh... and we'll heat the tent as best we can. i have a kerosene salamander and a propane heater and a couple electrics. the pigman said he has one of those tall propane heater, but i've lost track of when he said he's coming or even if he's bringing it.

The Pigman
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
You got me Jim...... even got JayAre to post.....

Got the Deer chili and the Goetta made will see all fri.

FatBoyz
11-04-2008, 07:46 PM
bubba can you bring me a blues hog please

The Pigman
11-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I will try the Yard Bird rub 16oz. 3 ea. and 2 of the Blues Hog Rub 5.5oz......

Bbq Bubba
11-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Rick
great setup, we can camp by the woods which is good at night we can get up and pee in the trees.

Scott

Does your mommy know your goin to play with the big boys this weekend???

bubba can you bring me a blues hog please

Sorry bro, currently still waiting on delivery of the BH sauce.

jpw23
11-05-2008, 05:13 AM

edit. oh... and we'll heat the tent as best we can. i have a kerosene salamander and a propane heater and a couple electrics. the pigman said he has one of those tall propane heater, but i've lost track of when he said he's coming or even if he's bringing it.we just need a couple of outlets.....we'll be packing light.......thanks!

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-05-2008, 05:14 AM
Rick I am now coming up fri evening and bringing the propane heater. It is one that they use in new homes doing drywall when there is no furnace.

ok, cool! bring a propane tank for that too. that's the kind i have as well.

Rolling Smoke
11-05-2008, 06:26 AM
he works across the street from me and I never see him either...are we sure he exists??:lol:

Who are you talking about? At first I thought it was JW but you both said this guy works so that ruled him out. :biggrin:

Rolling Smoke
11-05-2008, 06:33 AM

Rick, you're welcome to borrow my dual burner LP heater with an almost full 40lb tank if you want. The only thing is I won't be out there until Saturday so if you want, you can swing by the house and pick it up. I'm easy access off of 844. Let me know.

Rolling Smoke
11-05-2008, 06:36 AM

Bubba, I'd like a couple of 16oz shakers of yard bird if you've got it.

Rolling Smoke
11-05-2008, 06:38 AM
You got me Jim...... even got JayAre to post.....

Got the Deer chili and the Goetta made will see all fri.

are you going to swing by Nelsonville on the way and pickup the mother/daughter tag team? :lol:

Bbq Bubba
11-05-2008, 06:44 AM
we just need a couple of outlets.....we'll be packing light.......thanks!

Acoustical mod.....:biggrin:

jeffjenkins1
11-05-2008, 06:58 AM
I want to come but we had a loss in the family and the funeral will probably be on Saturday in Columbus.

Jeff

jpw23
11-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Acoustical mod.....:biggrin:Nope......our p.a. rig just does not draw that many amps. We will still be loud and obnoxious:lol:

The Pigman
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Dont think they would be safe with Bubba and FatBoyZ around...............Damm that would be a long way to get there.

You know we have to blame Rob for setting up camp in frt of the town beauty salon and across from the town bar ............Damm i want that spot next year. That was a long drive back that night. Next year will be staying over sat night.

are you going to swing by Nelsonville on the way and pickup the mother/daughter tag team? :lol:

The Pigman
11-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Will be bringing 3 20# propane tanks. One for the 3 burner stove and 2 for the heater.

BruceB
11-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Nope......our p.a. rig just does not draw that many amps. We will still be loud and obnoxious:lol:

Is BBQBubba in your band?

Divemaster
11-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Fatboyz and I are arriving on Friday with the dancing girls... I plan on bringing down a couple of slabs of Dino Bones along with the makings for Hawaiian BBQ candy... There may be some beer and wine coolers (for the dancing girls) that find there way in too!!! (I don't want to mention the JD that may also find it's way into the lugage because I didn't want to tempt Billy while driving...)

I could use a 16oz shaker of Yardbird and I've been wanting to check out the Blues Hog Dry Rub so maybe the 5 ounce size... Did you ever hear back from the Bone Sucking group? If so, give me a call and we'll figure out what I need...

I want to come but we had a loss in the family and the funeral will probably be on Saturday in Columbus.

Jeff

Jeff, I'm sorry to hear about your loss... My prayers go out to you and the family.

SpammyQ
11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Man this sounds like it is going to be a blast. Sorry to say, I won't be able to make it, but I sure would have wanted to.

I missed the thread...1 month old, and I never saw it till today. I think the SPAM is going to my head... Have fun and doa a shot or two for me.

Jim

Bbq Bubba
11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Save the meat shopping trip.

The MiFo's are bringing 2 briskets, 2 butts, ribs, beans, sausage and Mike may have a surprise up his sleeve! :cool:

JayAre
11-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Who are you talking about? At first I thought it was JW but you both said this guy works so that ruled him out. :biggrin:

I sit corrected...he occupies a space across the street and I never see him...

Jim, don't think we can make it...got a bday thing Fri nite, Grandson Bday thing on sat early, then another thing Sat afternoon, and the boss says we are staying in our own beds with out bbq for at least one weekend this year!!

Roger, be careful with that mother daughter duo, they'll get ya everytime!

chinesebob
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm bringing 3 slabs of ribs, maybe more, some pork shoulders too. Maybe a brisket.

Rick do you have a turkey fryer setup or a really large stock pot? I'm making my southern style green beans. People usually end up liking them more than my meat so we'll see what this crowd thinks.

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-06-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm bringing 3 slabs of ribs, maybe more, some pork shoulders too. Maybe a brisket.

Rick do you have a turkey fryer setup or a really large stock pot? I'm making my southern style green beans. People usually end up liking them more than my meat so we'll see what this crowd thinks.

i thawing out a couple of butts i had in the freezer and i'm getting some lamb racks and boat egg fixins today. and i have some pizza stuff for friday night

i have a turkey fryer, but i need to check my propane tanks. there's an exchange place down the road.

any special coffee maker you need? you better bring it. also, don't expect me to have what you need to cook whatever you are bringing. if you think you need it, you best bring it! :biggrin:

BruceB
11-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Rick, I've got two butts also that are thawing, big ones; total weight 19.1lbs.

BruceB
11-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Weather forecast seems to be improving, rainwise, but it's still going to be chilly. Bring the anti-freeze!!!!!!

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Farmersville,%20Ohio&wuSelect=WEATHER