PDA

View Full Version : Contest Results Barn Burner BarBQ, Libertyville, IL - Oct. 17 & 18, 2008 ***Results Added***

Ron_L
09-11-2008, 10:23 AM
I just spoke with the organizer of this event and she asked me to spread the word that the Barn Burner BarbQ at Lamb's Farm in Libertyville, IL is definitely happening this year. There was some question about the satus of the event earlier in the year since the previous organizer moved to another job, but they are planning on holding the event and are looking for teams!

Here is the web site for more information...

http://www.lambsfarm.org/events/

and here is a link to the application..

http://www.lambsfarm.org/images/KCBS%20BBQ%20Competition%20Entry%20Form%202008.pdf

I cooked at this competition with Parrothead two years ago and judged last year. It is a great venue and was a lot of fun and it is close to the Chicago and Milwaukee metro areas so local teams can get there without spending a fortune in gas!

We're planning on cooking this year and hope to see as many of you out there as possible!

Divemaster
09-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm already signed up for it!

Scottie
09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
If they have 25 teams, I will be there. I don't want to send my $$ in and find out that it is going to be canceled or not a qualifying contest. Then I have to try and get my $$ back.

Scottie

Ford
09-11-2008, 10:49 AM
If they have 25 teams, I will be there. I don't want to send my $$ in and find out that it is going to be canceled or not a qualifying contest. Then I have to try and get my $$ back.

Scottie

As of Tuesday when they called me they only had 6 teams paid. Is it lack of marketing among cooks? Is it the fact that many teams showed up to support Kate and Alex? I hope they make it. I'm leaning to supporting Nelsonville because they are a longer running contest and the local business have taken over.

Scottie
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
a lot of it was support to Kate and Alex. I mean, don't get me wrong, I will support it as well again this year if they get 25 teams. But right now I don't feel like losing my entry fee for a non-qualifying contest.

Bbq Bubba
09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
As of Tuesday when they called me they only had 6 teams paid. Is it lack of marketing among cooks? Is it the fact that many teams showed up to support Kate and Alex? I hope they make it. I'm leaning to supporting Nelsonville because they are a longer running contest and the local business have taken over.

Nelsonville would be the shorter drive....

Ford
09-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Nelsonville would be the shorter drive....
not for me.

Ron_L
09-11-2008, 12:44 PM
a lot of it was support to Kate and Alex. I mean, don't get me wrong, I will support it as well again this year if they get 25 teams. But right now I don't feel like losing my entry fee for a non-qualifying contest.

I understand your hesitation, but if everyone holds off then they will never get 25 teams confirmed and we'll all be sitting on our hands. Unless folks want to drive to Ohio, which is a haul from NW IL and SE WI, there isn't another comp after Arthur. I'd like to see this one make it since it is so close.

Divemaster
09-11-2008, 01:12 PM
^^^^ What he said

Scottie
09-11-2008, 01:30 PM
A 23 team contest does me no good for my BBQ goals. If it gets to 25, I will sign up. I've lost an entry this year already, I don't need to keep doing that, as I won't be competing very long if it does...

I also know a little more about the contest than most. I do not think that Kate and Alex were treated very well by Lamb's the first 2 years. While I am not their spokesmen, I still saw what was going on...

Besides, I am not afraid to drive.

Ron_L
09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
A 23 team contest does me no good for my BBQ goals. If it gets to 25, I will sign up. I've lost an entry this year already, I don't need to keep doing that, as I won't be competing very long if it does...

I don't want to lose my entry fee, either, and I'd much rather it be a qualifier as well. Our goal for the coming year (starting now) is to make it into the Jack draw, so i want every comp we enter to be a qualifier since we don't cook all that many.

I also know a little more about the contest than most. I do not think that Kate and Alex were treated very well by Lamb's the first 2 years. While I am not their spokesmen, I still saw what was going on...

That's unfortunate. They are good people and I know that they worked very hard to make the competition a success.

Besides, I am not afraid to drive.

I am :-D I think my Pathfinder is still panting after those hills around Dubuque :rolleyes:

Actually, I'd love to do some competitions father from home and we may pick a few next year but my vacation time is limited for the rest of this year so the extra day for travel is a problem right now.

Scottie
09-11-2008, 03:47 PM
How about those hills coming out of Galena. I was stuck behind a 18 wheeler basically until Freeport. Never found a good spot to try and overtake it...

I think they really want Libertyville to succeed. I am ready to go and I have told Claudia that. She just won't get my check early... That might be the best extra $25 I ever spend... :roll:

tonto1117
09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Right, wrong, or indifferent - I'm with Scottie. The extra $25 is worth it to ensure Libertyville is a qualifier and that is in line with our goals.

Sadly, Nelsonville doesn't sound like it is with out problems either.

We're in a holding pattern to see what shakes out.

BTW.....See ya tommorow Scottie.......

Smokin' Joe
09-21-2008, 11:28 AM
We are thinking of making the trip to this one...really want to get one more in this year:-D Any update on the # of teams??

Smokin' Joe
09-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Got the udpdate today...
8 paid
2 in the mail (just a guess:-P)
1 me
2 Tonto and Scottie
So looks like 13 by my count:twisted:. 12 more should be no problem in the next month.

Ford, are you going east or west?

Looking forward to meeting a few brothers
Joe

Scottie
09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I just received confirmation from the organzier and she stated if they do not get 25 teams, they will refund our entry fees if you were going for this contest as a qualifier...

They have 10 paid... So let's bump these numbers a bit and not lose a contest in Northern Illinois/Wisconsin...

FatBoyz
09-23-2008, 07:51 PM
i'll go but someone has to make dinner and i want chef boyarde spegetti and meat balls if i get that im there

Ron_L
09-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Are you allowed back in Illinois yet?

:-D

Trainwreck
09-23-2008, 08:13 PM
I'd love to go just dont know if I can swing another one this year. I will check with a few people this week and see if someone will go in with me

FatBoyz
09-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Are you allowed back in Illinois yet?

ok smart ass i challenge you to a pants droping contest

Ron_L
09-23-2008, 08:30 PM
OK... You go first.

:rolleyes: :-D

OK... My turn...

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/Smileys/default/pottytrain1.gif

Papa Hogg
09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
ok smart ass i challenge you to a pants droping contest

OK... You go first.

:rolleyes: :-D

OK... My turn...

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/Smileys/default/pottytrain1.gif

God help us all :eek:

Coz
09-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Thought about visiting but on second thought I think I will just stay home and cry over my dead cooker.

Ron_L
09-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Thought about visiting but on second thought I think I will just stay home and cry over my dead cooker.

I think I missed something. What happened, Coz?

Coz
09-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Bad enuff Saturday that the new cooker wasnt workin right that killed my ribs and chicken,theen on the way home I had a fire in the old cooker.pretty much destroyed the cook and the burn chambers in the Stumps Clone.Been pretty much kickin myself in the balls since saturday.I did talk with my insurance folks and they may have something for me maybe not.I guess its time to start building again.I must have not gotten all of the charcoal out of the chute and when I got going down the highway it must have broke loose.my door gaskets are around 8-900 degree stuff and they are hardened.So I guess it was a little warm.:mad:Lots of lessons learned this weekend.I just must have done a half assed clean out cause I was so pissed at my self for the bad ribs and chicken.

BearCat
09-25-2008, 09:25 AM
I understand your hesitation, but if everyone holds off then they will never get 25 teams confirmed and we'll all be sitting on our hands. Unless folks want to drive to Ohio, which is a haul from NW IL and SE WI, there isn't another comp after Arthur. I'd like to see this one make it since it is so close.

I have submitted my app. and monies, Also for the Comcast chili.

Smokin' Joe
09-25-2008, 11:50 AM
My entry is going in the mail today. See ya all there:-D

Scottie
09-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Bad enuff Saturday that the new cooker wasnt workin right that killed my ribs and chicken,theen on the way home I had a fire in the old cooker.pretty much destroyed the cook and the burn chambers in the Stumps Clone.Been pretty much kickin myself in the balls since saturday.I did talk with my insurance folks and they may have something for me maybe not.I guess its time to start building again.I must have not gotten all of the charcoal out of the chute and when I got going down the highway it must have broke loose.my door gaskets are around 8-900 degree stuff and they are hardened.So I guess it was a little warm.:mad:Lots of lessons learned this weekend.I just must have done a half assed clean out cause I was so pissed at my self for the bad ribs and chicken.

You stil have WSM's... Come on down...

Bud's BBQ
09-25-2008, 04:26 PM
anybody know what the team count for Barn Burner is currently? Looks like we are going and sending check tomorrow.

Taking Maggie back to Lamb's Farm to see her 'orphanage'!!

Ron_L
09-25-2008, 04:40 PM

That sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the insurance thing works out.

afreemaniii
09-25-2008, 05:13 PM
anybody know what the team count for Barn Burner is currently? Looks like we are going and sending check tomorrow.

Taking Maggie back to Lamb's Farm to see her 'orphanage'!!

Uh-oh, the Scotsmen are coming, the Scotsmen are coming!!

I'm keeping an eye on this one and will probably make up my mind on attending next week. It looks like it is shaping up to be a doozy of a contest.

Bud's BBQ
09-25-2008, 05:26 PM

I'm keeping an eye on this one and will probably make up my mind on attending next week. It looks like it is shaping up to be a doozy of a contest.

Aubrey, you and the Badger Freeman's have got to make this contest. We were there last year and it was a great cook. Don't forget, breakfast is on us:razz:

Bud's BBQ
09-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Coz, so sorry to hear about your calamity with the cooker. That sucks. None the less, come on down to Libertyville. It's a great cook and we really look forward to seeing you.

Coz
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
I will have to see how the wife feels about it after the Royal.I would like to do another but cant commit with out her approval.I have a buddy who is dying to do another contest so I gotta talk with him.Tween the two of us we have plenty of WSMs.And folks the good folks at our insurance agency delivered a check to my wifes office today to help with the bite of the loss of the clone.They saw fit to get us enough money to build a new one.I am impressed with the service.And they asked us about doing the pulled pork for a couple upcoming parties.

Bud's BBQ
09-25-2008, 07:14 PM
coz, hope it works out and best of luck at the Royal!!!

afreemaniii
09-26-2008, 10:08 AM
I will have to see how the wife feels about it after the Royal.I would like to do another but cant commit with out her approval.I have a buddy who is dying to do another contest so I gotta talk with him.Tween the two of us we have plenty of WSMs.And folks the good folks at our insurance agency delivered a check to my wifes office today to help with the bite of the loss of the clone.They saw fit to get us enough money to build a new one.I am impressed with the service.And they asked us about doing the pulled pork for a couple upcoming parties.

Which insurance policy did it get covered by? Your home owners? I don't plan on burning up my backwoods, but you didn't plan on burning up the clone either. You never know.

If I do come over for this contest, it will be with my wife too. I know my brother can't make it, but I am jonesing for another contest. I should know next week.

Coz
09-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Aubrey it was the home owners

Bbq Bubba
09-26-2008, 09:08 PM

Dang Bud.....wish i wasn't cooking that weekend, be cool to tag along for old times sake! :biggrin:

Of course i'd wear a blindfold.....:cool:

Divemaster
10-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Dang Coz, what a chitty way to end a weekend!!!! Sorry to hear of all the problems man!

Divemaster
10-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Just did a long range forcast for the 17th & 18th....

Friday - High of 60 and partly cloudy, Low of 44 also cloudy

Saturday - High of 62 and mostly cloudy...

NO TALK OF RAIN OR SNOW!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

michiana mark
10-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Just did a long range forcast for the 17th & 18th....

Friday - High of 60 and partly cloudy, Low of 44 also cloudy

Saturday - High of 62 and mostly cloudy...

NO TALK OF RAIN OR SNOW!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

No high wind warnings?

Divemaster
10-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Not that I saw.... That is subject to change, it is just north of Chicago....

Scottie
10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
We could have 3' of snow by next weekend too....

Ron_L
10-08-2008, 01:00 PM
We could have 3' of snow by next weekend too....

Shhh... Don't even mention it... The snow gods will hear you... :rolleyes:

Smokin' Joe
10-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Anyone have an update on the number of teams in so far?

Brew-B-Q
10-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Last I heard they had 20 confirmed with a few more stragglers to come.

Ron_L
10-09-2008, 08:15 AM
22 confirmed as of yesterday. They are looking for judges if anyone is interested.

Scottie
10-09-2008, 08:46 AM
She told me she had a waiting list for judges...

I am starting to feel like we is about to be played... I sure hope not.

Ron_L
10-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Maybe i misinterpreted the e-mail she sent me. She was trying to verify how many judges and table captains that she needed. I'll verify.

Stoke&Smoke
10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I volunteered my wife and I as judges/table captain, but have not heard back. I wrote her again yesterday to see if we were needed or not. Either way I think we'll come out just to visit with everyone Friday night and Saturday. Just not gonna sleep in the tent in 40 degree weather. Too old for that!

BearCat
10-13-2008, 09:30 AM
I volunteered my wife and I as judges/table captain, but have not heard back. I wrote her again yesterday to see if we were needed or not. Either way I think we'll come out just to visit with everyone Friday night and Saturday. Just not gonna sleep in the tent in 40 degree weather. Too old for that!

Can't be any worse than the Burn off in Des Plaines

Mark S
10-13-2008, 11:08 AM
I spoke to Claudia this morning. She said they had enough judges and a waiting list of 12 as alternates. 27 teams entered.

Stoke&Smoke
10-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Can't be any worse than the Burn off in Des Plaines

Joe I don't think much of anything could be much worse than that (-30 WCF!):eek:

We're actually considering cooking that one in 09 though

We just didn't have the budget for another comp this year after all the vet bills

BearCat
10-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Joe I don't think much of anything could be much worse than that (-30 WCF!):eek:

We're actually considering cooking that one in 09 though

We just didn't have the budget for another comp this year after all the vet bills

Yea, so is it going all pups home and safe?

and if around on Friday stop by for some Chili

Stoke&Smoke
10-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, just heard from Claudia, looks like we will be judging after all, so guess we'll have to not visit too late Friday evening.

She said they had several teams apply late, so sounds like it should be a good turnout after all!

See everyone there!

Smokin' Joe
10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
See you all on Friday...we're hitting the road tomorrow right after work. Stop in and say hello, I'll have a ice cold bottle of Gentleman Jack ready:twisted:

FatBoyz
10-16-2008, 06:41 AM
so who is all comming

BearCat
10-16-2008, 08:31 AM
BearCats will be there

tonto1117
10-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Smo' Sco's are in. See you all there!

Brew-B-Q
10-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Brew-B-Q will be there.

Scottie
10-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Who's bringing the fire ring? should be a cool night. Better make sure I have some propane for my furnace...

I'll be pulling in later. So save me a spot...

Mark S
10-16-2008, 07:02 PM
I got a call from Claudia this afternoon. She said the number of teams entered has increased to 35 from 27 when I spoke to her on Tuesday. So I will be judging after all.

Ron_L
10-16-2008, 10:07 PM
I just got home from a week on the road. I have to go buy some of my meat tomorrow morning but we'll be there. Probably pull in between 11 and 12.

billm
10-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Who's bringing the fire ring? should be a cool night. Better make sure I have some propane for my furnace...

I'll be pulling in later. So save me a spot...

you gonna have the "red room" set up Scottie? Itw as ncie and warm a few years ago

Scottie
10-17-2008, 08:42 AM
No redrum... Too much work, as I am pulling in late. I may bring my blast furnace though. Just so I can wear shorts....

Stoke&Smoke
10-17-2008, 11:26 AM
:eek::eek::eek:
I almost forgot.......

Happy Birthday
Tonto!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Many happy returns!
See you guys this evening at the Farm!
Dann and Diane

Coz
10-17-2008, 05:11 PM
I wish we were coming down but I have to work Friday/Saturday.Best of luck every one.HAPPY BIRTHDAY:cool: TONTO!!!!!!!

Bbq Bubba
10-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Grand.....Cancer Sucks Chicago

RGC.......Smokin Scotsmen

Congrats to both of ya and Way to go Smo Sco's!!:eusa_clap :lol: :biggrin:

Coz
10-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Way to go all.Whats that like 3 Grands in 5 weeks for Scottie?Ride that horse ....

Ron_L
10-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Congrats, Scottie and Theresa and walt (and Kathy and Geoff)!!! Great job!

Top 10's are below...

Grand Champion: cancersuckschicago.com
Reserve Champion: SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN

Overall:
1 cancersuckschicago.com
2 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
3 DR PORKENSTEIN
4 IOWA'S SMOKEY D'S BBQ
5 SMOKEY JOELS/CUBBY BEAR
6 KRE SMOKERS
7 PORKRASTINATORS
8 QUAU
9 CHURCH OF SWINETOLOGY
10 SMOKE HUNTERS

Chicken:
1 QUAU
2 MA & PA'S KETTLE
3 cancersuckschicago.com
4 DR DECKLE & MR HIDE
5 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
6 DR PORKENSTEIN
7 CHURCH OF SWINETOLOGY
8 SMOKE HUNTERS
9 PAPA'S SMOKIN' SEVEN
10 KRE SMOKERS

Ribs:
1 cancersuckschicago.com
2 SMOKEY JOELS/CUBBY BEAR
3 KRE SMOKERS
4 CHURCH OF SWINETOLOGY
5 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
6 DR PORKENSTEIN
7 HAPPY PORK-A-PALOOZA
8 CAPTAIN RON'S BREW -N-Q
9 DR DECKLE & MR HIDE
10 BREW-B-Q

Pork:
1 PORKRASTINATORS
2 SMOKE HUNTERS
3 cancersuckschicago.com
4 SMOKEY JOELS/CUBBY BEAR
5 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
6 DR PORKENSTEIN
7 STAR-B-QUE
8 FAT BOYZ BBQ
9 TIPPY CANOE BBQ CREW
10 SLY FOX BBQ

Brisket:
1 IOWA'S SMOKEY D'S BBQ
2 QUAU
3 TIPPY CANOE BBQ CREW
4 SMOKEY JOELS/CUBBY BEAR
5 CHURCH OF SWINETOLOGY
6 SMOKIN' SCOTSMAN
7 cancersuckschicago.com
8 BIG DADDY
9 DR PORKENSTEIN
10 BEAR CAT SMOKERS

Shotgun
10-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Congrats Scottie and to all brothers.

bbqbull
10-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Congrats to all the Brethren Teams who walked!

Solidkick
10-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Congrats brothers!

michiana mark
10-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Congrats to Cancersucks and those Scotsman.

Happy Belated Birthday Tonto.:-P

U2CANQUE
10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats! to Scottie and the Scotts.....and indeed, all Brethren....way to represent.....glad to see that it did get pulled off well!!!

Spydermike72
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Congrats to all of the Brethren Teams that walked and a great big WOOHOO to The Smoking Scotsmen!!! Awesome!!!

Smokin' Joe
10-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Congrats to Scottie, the Scottsman, and everyone who got a call. We just got home and got everything unloaded. We had a great time and met a lot of great people. See you all along the way next year:-D I'm off to figure out how to cook chicken and ribs:lol:. My ribs got a 35.4 and a 22 this weekend...not sure what to do with them:icon_smil

ipls3355
10-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Looks like Walt figured out the smoke problem. Congrats to all!!

tonto1117
10-20-2008, 04:56 AM
Big congrat's to Scottie and everyone that took a walk!! A special shout out to BearCat for winning the Comcast Chili contest and donating half of his winning's back to Lamb's Farm....Way to go!!:eusa_clap8):eusa_clap

Wow....what a weekend, want to say thank you sooooo much to my wonderfull husband for planning a B-Day party/get together with all of you.....thank you all so much!!!.... It doesn't get any better then celebrating with great folks and doing what you love to do at the same time, and ending thre year on a high note!! Even worth the most WHOPPING hangover Iv'e ever had on Sat morning......(thanks everyone for keeping the shots flowing all Fri night :rolleyes::-D8).

Spent yesterday cleaning out the coach and getting her ready to be winterized :cry:...hard to believe the season is at an end....but have to say, somehow in the back of our heads I know were thinking some how to do a "Winter Roadtrip" :-P.

Theresa.

BearCat
10-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Congrats to All you again, It was another wonderful time and was good to see you all.
I am packed up for the winter and starting to work recipes for next season it was a good year for our first one we met lots of people and enjoyed each event.

See ya at the Burn Off!!!!

Stoke&Smoke
10-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Congrats to all the Brethren who walked!

Great to see everyone again, sorry we couldn't cook this one

Still, we had a great time Friday evening visiting everyone and spreading the apple pie ambrosia!:-D

Theresa, glad you had such a great birthday, and the RGC had to be the icing on the cake!

We're looking forward to polishing our game, and trying again next year.

To those headed to the Jack, best of luck to all!

Dann and Di

Bud's BBQ
10-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Big congrats to Scottie and all who walked.

Thanks to all who helped make Theresa's Birthday very special to her.

Great to see Tippycanoe do so well.

By the way, we ain't the Scotsman. The Smokin' Scotsmen have been called every thing but Scotchmen :roll:

Good luck to all who are traveling to Lynchburg.

parrothead
10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Grats Scottie!

Scottie
10-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks all. I had a lot of fun at this thing. Even if I had to miss Tonto's party because I showed up late. I kept her up late on Friday, just to make up for it though... :twisted:

Very consistent effort from the Scotsmen. Good job Walt with that new wood!

Scottie

afreemaniii
10-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Congratulations Scottie on another GC. You've been on fire lately!!

Way to go Scotsmen!! Happy belated birthday Theresa, wish we could have come down for the contest, but it didn't work out this time. We're going to keep a Michigan contest in mind next spring when we put together our contest calendar so I'll get in touch with you about which one you were referring to at the Pig Gig.

Congratulations to all other Brethren that walked as well. There are quite a few recognizable names on the list. A lot of great teams that cook consistently and find their way to the top ten week in and week out.

crewdawg52
10-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Think I'll add my BIG CONGRATS to all who walked, and a BIGGER one to Scottie! Great weekend and good to see all again. Oh, almost forgot.....to Walt and "T"... way to go Scotchmen.........:eek: :wink:

And last but not least....to Ramona for being my chauffeur!

Bbq Bubba
10-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks all. I had a lot of fun at this thing. Even if I had to miss Tonto's party because I showed up late. I kept her up late on Friday, just to make up for it though... :twisted:

Very consistent effort from the Scotsmen. Good job Walt with that new wood!

Scottie

Walt got NEW wood??? :twisted:

Trainwreck
10-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Congrats to all that got calls. Hope ya didnt freeze to much

Ron_L
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Walt got NEW wood??? :twisted:

Long story... It started with a big bottle of Bombay Sapphire...

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

jpouchman
10-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Guys this was our first time out! We had no experience, and had no clues what the judges were looking for?? Lambs Farm was great! We had a ton of fun & met a lot of people. We will be back in the spring!

DR. DECKLE & MR. HIND

michiana mark
10-21-2008, 02:15 AM
By the way, we ain't the Scotsman. The Smokin' Scotsmen have been called every thing but Scotchmen :roll:

My apologies to you and your Klan. Congrats to the Scotsmen.:icon_blush:

Ron_L
10-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Guys this was our first time out! We had no experience, and had no clues what the judges were looking for?? Lambs Farm was great! We had a ton of fun & met a lot of people. We will be back in the spring!

DR. DECKLE & MR. HIND

I'm sorry that i didn't get over to meet you! I'll make it a point to stop by in the spring. I love your team name!

billm
10-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Long story... It started with a big bottle of Bombay Sapphire...

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ive found that too much Bombay can have the opposite effect :-D

Captian Dan
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Congrats to those who walked! Glad to see the event turned out well attended and great weather. Thought about you all while I was fishin!:wink:

Wish I coulda been there to celebrate with the birthday girl. Congrats on the RC too! You guys really kicked it up a notch this season. Good to see ya at Flushing. Looking forward to seeing a few of you in the spring, and maybe throughout the comp season next year!:rolleyes:

Happy Holloween everyone!

Divemaster
10-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I just wanted to add my congrats to all who walked and esp. Scottie & the 'Scotchman'...

We on the other hand are going back to our cave and working on our recipies, it was not a good weekend for us....

Congrats again!