PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Grillin & Chillin BBQ Cookoff Owensboro, KY 9/26 & 27, 2008

Sidw
09-09-2008, 12:10 PM
We plan to get there sometime early on Thursday. Who else is planning on this one?

Dale P
09-09-2008, 01:27 PM
We will be there but as of right now I couldnt guess on arrival time. I think Drew has a football game on Thursday. Shigs is bringing me beer this time! See you soon Sid. Glad your Mom is OK!

CaptTable
09-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Kathy & I hope to be there early Thursday evening!

Phillip

Dale P
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Phillip, we do know what we are bringing to the potluck.

Rolling Smoke
09-09-2008, 02:53 PM
We'll be there Thursday mid afternoon o'clock central daylight time.

Sidw
09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks Dale - look forward to seeing you guys.

Sidw
09-09-2008, 06:42 PM
We'll be there Thursday mid afternoon o'clock central daylight time.

Careful, I think that may be rush hour

Rolling Smoke
09-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Careful, I think that may be rush hour

Damn! I knew something was wrong with the plan......glad to hear that Mom is on the mend.

ov1
09-09-2008, 07:49 PM
We will be there Thursday evening. Has anyone received a confirmation e-mail or a list of the teams that are signed up yet? We have not received anything. Are they having a potluck meal on Friday evening? Hope to meet some more Brethren there.

Ottie

The Flying Burritos

CaptTable
09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Dale P,

Make sure you have about 40-50 for ME!

Phillip

Sidw
09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
We will be there Thursday evening. Has anyone received a confirmation e-mail or a list of the teams that are signed up yet? We have not received anything. Are they having a potluck meal on Friday evening? Hope to meet some more Brethren there.

Ottie

The Flying Burritos

I got an e-mail from Terry this week. He said he has had about 43 teams express interest. Not sure how many have actually paid yet.
He did say they were planning a potluck meal on Friday evening.

Rolling Smoke
09-11-2008, 05:04 AM
I got an e-mail from Terry this week. He said he has had about 43 teams express interest. Not sure how many have actually paid yet.
He did say they were planning a potluck meal on Friday evening.

Of the 43 that have 'expressed interest', did he happen to mention if any of them had a better chance of winning than others? :wink:

CaptTable
09-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Jim,

He said you just need to bring beer for the reps on Thursday and Saturday nights and leave the cooking to others!!! :biggrin:

Rolling Smoke
09-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Jim,

He said you just need to bring beer for the reps on Thursday and Saturday nights and leave the cooking to others!!! :biggrin:

Are you sure he wasn't talking about Rhino?

Sorry, couldn't pass that one up. You know we will have beer for you and Kathy. Do you want us to bring some Frambois too?

blues_n_cues
09-11-2008, 09:38 AM
we may show i'd love to cook it but who knows @ this point.

Sidw
09-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Of the 43 that have 'expressed interest', did he happen to mention if any of them had a better chance of winning than others? :wink:

Well I would hope they already know who is going to win - think about it - this is Ky.http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

U2CANQUE
09-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Ov1.....glad to see ya on this site.....hope to cross paths again soon.....

Sidw
09-18-2008, 08:38 AM
I guess this thread slowly died on the vine.

Has anybody heard any more about the comp? Seems like they had close to 50 teams last year.

CaptTable
09-18-2008, 09:04 AM
I talked to Terry acouple of nights ago and they are right at the 50 teams again this year. It goes to show that hard work really pays off. Plus, it helps to be at a GREAT location and be VERY team friendly.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Thursday.

Phillip

Sidw
09-18-2008, 09:15 AM
I talked to Terry acouple of nights ago and they are right at the 50 teams again this year. It goes to show that hard work really pays off. Plus, it helps to be at a GREAT location and be VERY team friendly.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Thursday.

Phillip

Thanks; That is great to hear. It is one of our favorite comps. As you said - Great location & very team friendly.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Thursday.

ov1
09-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Does anyone know anything about the meal on Friday night yet?

Ottie

The Flying Burritos

Sidw
09-19-2008, 04:25 AM
Does anyone know anything about the meal on Friday night yet?

Ottie

The Flying Burritos

Dave Stamper of Ribs & Bibs has volunteered to organize a pitch-in dinner for Friday night. He sent out an e-mail to see what everyone is bringing. He said he was misssing some of the team e-mails.

PM me if you need his e-mail address.

CaptTable
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I believe this may have been posted earlier, but it's gone now. So, just wondering who all will be in Owensboro this weekend and when will you be arriving. I know Dave Stampler has been working hard on organizing a "pot luck" dinner on Friday evening after the cook's meeting. If you were not aware of this, just let him know through this post what you will be bringing if you want to participate.

I hope most will respond to this post as I need to know if the majority of teams will be from the South or the North. This will dictate which version of the cd I need to play!

See you there Thursday afternoon!

Phillip

Dale P
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Perry Brothers are going to arrive at different times thursday. I will be late because my boy is playing football that night and I cannot miss that.
See you and Kathy soon!
Dale

Podge
09-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I will be coming down on Friday night.

Sidw
09-23-2008, 01:42 PM
We plan to be there sometime early on Thursday. Bring the slow speaking CD for us.

See you guys

sprinter
09-23-2008, 01:58 PM
We're leaving S. IL around 9AMish and will arrive probably around noon. Looking foward to seeing everyone.

Troy

ov1
09-23-2008, 03:42 PM
The Burritos will be there Thursday evening.

Ottie

The Flying Burritos

Scottie
09-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I will be coming down on Friday night.

Prayers needed.... I sure hope he hasn't roped you into doing dessert again... :roll:

Have fun Podge!!! Will you get to use the shower too?

Dale P
09-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I thought Podge was helping us this weekend????

Podge
09-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Prayers needed.... I sure hope he hasn't roped you into doing dessert again... :roll:

Have fun Podge!!! Will you get to use the shower too?

if we did desert, it'd be another 180 that's for sure. :-P.. I hope i get to use the shower. must be a great place if randy is always in it.

Sidw
09-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Perry Brothers are going to arrive at different times thursday. I will be late because my boy is playing football that night and I cannot miss that.
See you and Kathy soon!
Dale

On Saturday will you be tossing DaleP autographed gloves to the crowd?http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Dale P
09-25-2008, 01:45 AM
Yes I am. This weekend is gonna be a blast.
Dale

dhuffjr
09-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Scramblin Eggs BBQ will be there.

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Scramblin Eggs BBQ will be there.

what? :eek: hows come you didn't go to sharonville?

ov1
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Congrats to Sidw for GC and all the other Brethren that got a call. It was good to meet some of you!

Ottie
The Flying Burritos

Ron_L
09-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Congrats, Sidw!

here are the top 10s. I tried to catch the Brethren teams but if I missed anyone please send me a PM and I'll fix it.

Overall:
1 Monty Pigthon/Holy Grill
2 Smokin' T's
3 Ulcer Acres BBQ
4 The Flying Burritos
5 Ribs & Bibs
6 Shigs-In-Pit
7 Perry Bros & Sons Bar-B-
8 Show Me Your Bones
9 Team Allegro
10 Blindog's Outlaw BBQ Gan

Chicken:
1 Ribs & Bibs
2 Perry Bros & Sons Bar-B-
3 The Flying Burritos
4 All Sauced Up
5 Shigs-In-Pit
6 Show Me Your Bones
7 Grillz Gone Wild
8 Hawg 'N' Sauce
9 Son Seekers
10 Smokin' T's

Ribs:
1 Smokin' T's
2 Jay's Smokin Redneck BBQ
3 Monty Pigthon/Holy Grill
4 Indiana Bones
5 Ulcer Acres BBQ
6 Sonny Ja's Barbecue
7 Kentucky Bourbon Smokers
8 BBQ One
9 The Flying Burritos
10 Son Seekers

Pork:
1 Long Dawgs Blue Smoke
2 Hoosier Crawdaddy
3 Shigs-In-Pit
4 Ulcer Acres BBQ
5 The Flying Burritos
6 Perry Bros & Sons Bar-B-
7 Blindog's Outlaw BBQ Gan
8 Peace, Love & BBQ
9 Hickory Pit Stop
10 Holy Town Cookers

Brisket:
1 Monty Pigthon/Holy Grill
2 Smokin' T's
3 Do Rag Q
4 Rolling Smoke Barbecue
5 Fowl Butt BBQ
6 Long Dawgs Blue Smoke
7 ZZ Que
8 Shigs-In-Pit
9 Blindog's Outlaw BBQ Gan
10 Ulcer Acres BBQ

Lippy
09-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Congrats Sid and Connie!! Perry Bros knew you were knocking on the door.
We had a blast, still trying to recover.

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
WoW!
great job guys!

i'm doin this one next year

Dale P
09-29-2008, 06:23 AM
A big congrats to Monty Pigthon on their first Grand Championship! You 2 rock!
What a great place to have a comp. Well organized and Phillip & Kathy are the best.

Rick, you would really enjoy this one. I hope you do come to it next year.

Dale P
09-29-2008, 07:09 AM
I would like to tell every person who has a chance to ever do the 9:22 shot with the Reverend Randy of Ulcer Acres. LOL do not miss this! Good times....

Podge
09-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Congrats again to Sid and Connie !!.. they had done well the past few contests and I knew a G.C. was in their grasp. They've done a ton of practice and lots of hard work, and this G.C. is well earned.

CaptTable
09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
A HUGE thanks to all the Brethren who helped me out during the awards. Brian was floored! You guys played it to the hilt!

Enjoyed being around all of you throughout the whole contest! The folks at Owensboro are second to none at putting on a great contest. The location, the team dinner, the fireworks, the contest itself, the awards, the get-togethers Saturday night, everything was 1st class!

Can't wait for next year . . . . . except for the payback!:eek:

Phillip & Kathy

Rolling Smoke
09-29-2008, 11:13 AM
The folks at Owensboro are second to none at putting on a great contest.

Thanks Buddy!

CaptTable
09-29-2008, 11:31 AM
What?????? It just means that they tied you!:grin:

Phillip

Scottie
09-29-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm sure there are other reps out there Jim... Some that don't abuse the organizers... As I thought you did a great job. I did get a terrible box number, but I will blame that one on the rep... :shock:

CaptTable
09-29-2008, 12:33 PM
May there be a Sundrop drought on your next visit down!!! :x

Phillip

Sidw
09-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Well we are still flying high. Can’t really explain the feeling – but it sure feels very good. Thanks to everyone for all the kind words and bear hugs. The BBQ world has the greatest people.

Thanks to the Grillin & Chillin folks and the Diamond Lake team for putting on a great event. And what can you say about Phillip and Kathy – they do a great job and have a lot of fun in the process.

Also want to thank our Saturday evening visitors – Connie & I won’t need to buy any toilet paper for at least 6 months.http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Rolling Smoke
09-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm sure there are other reps out there Jim... Some that don't abuse the organizers... As I thought you did a great job. I did get a terrible box number, but I will blame that one on the rep... :shock:

Abuse doesn't even begin to describe how I was treated Scottie. My therapist says it may be years before I recover from the ordeal.

Just for the record, I begged Phillip to let me number the boxes but he wouldn't hear of it. He stood over Kathy cracking the whip and the poor girl was writing as fast as she could.

Scottie
09-29-2008, 12:50 PM
May there be a Sundrop drought on your next visit down!!! :x

Phillip

That I can handle... Now if you had talked to me about the drought that Lynchburg was having... Now that had me worried!!! 8-)

Rolling Smoke
09-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Well we are still flying high. Can’t really explain the feeling – but it sure feels very good. Thanks to everyone for all the kind words and bear hugs. The BBQ world has the greatest people.

Thanks to the Grillin & Chillin folks and the Diamond Lake team for putting on a great event. And what can you say about Phillip and Kathy – they do a great job and have a lot of fun in the process.

Also want to thank our Saturday evening visitors – Connie & I won’t need to buy any toilet paper for at least 6 months.http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

That was long overdue Sid! You and Connie have worked hard for it!

Rolling Smoke
09-29-2008, 01:14 PM
http://www.rollingsmoke.com/mpcooker.JPG

I thought that was something you and Connie did for Halloween :wink:

Dale P
09-29-2008, 01:25 PM
I would never do something like that to nice folks like Sid & Connie. hahahaha

Sidw
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
I would never do something like that to nice folks like Sid & Connie. hahahaha

I know you would not my brother - that is why we are so proud to actually got an original Perry Brothers and Sons team cook glove that was personally signed by you.

There has been a non-stop line of people coming to the house to see it. We had to add additional security for the house. Due to crowds coming by we are thinking about turning the place into a Bed & Breakfast. Capitalize on our good fortune!!!!

U2CANQUE
10-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Sid and Connie CONGRATS.......you guys are a great pair......even though Connie wont share the blues collection. Especially huge for your first one!! Hope to cross paths once again.....glad mom has turned for the better

slat
10-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Congrats to everyone that got a walk.