PDA

View Full Version : Contest Results The Big Pig Gig: Menomonee Falls, WI 9/19 - 9/20, 2008 ***Results Added***

Papa Hogg
08-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Papa Hogg & The Piglets will be there. Hope we have a good brethren showing!

PimpSmoke
08-28-2008, 02:54 PM
whats the "get-in" fer this un'?

2 bills?

PimpSmoke
08-28-2008, 02:56 PM
neva mind it's tree, just looked.

PimpSmoke
08-28-2008, 02:58 PM
If Ronelle needs any help I might whore myself out.

Divemaster
08-28-2008, 03:05 PM
You know that we'll be 'Racing' to be there!

Papa Hogg
08-28-2008, 03:10 PM
If Ronelle needs any help I might whore myself out.

I've seen you at work & I have to say that you are the best pit whore on the circuit...

You are more than welcome to come hang with me...there will be no piglets on Friday night since they will be at ballet class.

Papa Hogg
08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
You know that we'll be 'Racing' to be there!

Looks like we are going to have to taunt each other since we won't have Harbormaster there...oh wait we can harass RonL...phew!

PimpSmoke
08-28-2008, 03:19 PM
I've seen you at work & I have to say that you are the best pit whore on the circuit...

You are more than welcome to come hang with me...there will be no piglets on Friday night since they will be at ballet class.

aw shucks........

Divemaster
08-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Looks like we are going to have to taunt each other since we won't have Harbormaster there...oh wait we can harass RonL...phew!
Sounds like a plan to me! When do we start?

afreemaniii
08-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Freeman Brothers BBQ will be there. This is our first time doing this contest and we are looking to catch lightning in a bottle this time. Really got to track down Papa Hogg and Divemaster this time so we can meet. Didn't get that chance at Princeton.

Harbormaster
08-28-2008, 04:51 PM
I never said I wouldn't be there.
I'm not cooking, but I may have to come down. We'll see. Football games for Joseph start soon, so Saturdays are out for awhile.

Coz
08-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Not sure if we will be cookin or not but for sure we will be down.

Trainwreck
08-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Fat Andy's Backyard BBQ will be there. Stop by Friday night for some hot rum punch and hot wings. This is where all this madness began last year.

Ron_L
08-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there! I'll have a big pot o' coffee going on Saturday morning (but only for those who don't harass me :-D)

Papa Hogg
08-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there! I'll have a big pot o' coffee going on Saturday morning (but only for those who don't harass me :-D)

Hey Dive...I've had Ron's coffee before, looks like we will need to turn our sights on Fat Andy :wink:

Seriously though good luck to everyone & I look forward to having a great time again!

Divemaster
08-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Are we going to try and camp near each other again? Seemed to work out well in Princeton....

(Ron, your safe.... I want the coffee... Now where is Fat Andy going to be?????)

Papa Hogg
08-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Since it is my first time cooking here I will contact them & see if they assign sites or just put you somewhere when you show-up to see what can be arranged.

I will see if I can get Dive, Ron, Fat Andy, Freeman Bros. together.

Divemaster
08-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Since it is my first time cooking here I will contact them & see if they assign sites or just put you somewhere when you show-up to see what can be arranged.

And you'll be on the other side.... Right?

Papa Hogg
08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
And you'll be on the other side.... Right?

And 2 rows away :wink:

Trainwreck
08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Last year was first come first choice of spot. I believe they were talking about doing the same again this year. Heads up if you can get on the lower field it is closer to everything else but that seemed to fill up pretty quick last year. If you can get us together I'm game.

Ron_L
08-29-2008, 01:40 PM

thanks! That would be great. I want to be next to Jeff in case i forget something. :biggrin:

Divemaster
08-29-2008, 01:54 PM
thanks! That would be great. I want to be next to Jeff in case i forget something. :biggrin:
Yea, but you have to bring your own potato...

Papa Hogg
08-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Yea, but you have to bring your own potato...
Be sure to bring the Bonneville hub cap...

Stoke&Smoke
08-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Anyone doing Zoo-B-Q in Racine the following weekend? We're trying to decide which of these two to do, can't afford both.

Ron_L
09-02-2008, 09:57 AM

Don't forget the Smokin' Scotsmen!

Anyone doing Zoo-B-Q in Racine the following weekend? We're trying to decide which of these two to do, can't afford both.

Hi Dann! We're cooking both. Menominee is more money, but also more teams. The Zoo is a great place to cook. Camping out all night among the animals is just cool. The lion roaring at 2AM is a great sound. If those meercats keep staring at me this year i AM going to cook one of them :rolleyes:

tonto1117
09-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Smo' Sco's will be there...looking foward to it. We just got back home from an 11 day road trip. We did Albert Lea MN(fantastic first time event) the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd and spent some time camping and enjoying in MN and WI and made our way to the Milwaukee contest for Labor Day weekend. Had a great time, and part of us really wanted to head to Dubque on Saturday....but the part that wanted to get home won out.:-P See ya'll in a couple weeks!!:-D

U2CANQUE
09-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Not this year, but, hell, the ever growing circle of distances that we travel....now adding in NC, AR, and possible some GA into the mix.......maybe next year I can talk Dallas into heading up NE of Ohio.....God, that is scary, to think that there is life beyond Cleveland....laughs....and besides, with all of the great folks that head up that way, how could we resist. Good luck to all who are heading up.....and damn, Smokin Sco's.....you guys are really putting on the miles............awesome!

Scottie
09-02-2008, 11:20 AM
They are changing locations at Menomonee this year. Trailer and rigs will go on top of the hill. First come first served is what Jenny told me for spots.

Divemaster
09-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I talked with Billy this morning and he's telling me that FatBoyZ BBQ is going to be there too!!!!

That should be a blast... Think I'll be over by Papa Hogg!

Ron_L
09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I talked with Billy this morning and he's telling me that FatBoyZ BBQ is going to be there too!!!!

That should be a blast... Think I'll be over by Papa Hogg!

Billy who? :rolleyes:

I saw Fat Boyz on the list of teams on the Big Pig Gig web site.

Divemaster
09-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Billy who? :rolleyes:

I saw Fat Boyz on the list of teams on the Big Pig Gig web site.
Yea, that's Jeff (Billy's BIL). He talked Billy into coming yesterday.

FatBoyz
09-02-2008, 07:33 PM
They are changing locations at Menomonee this year. Trailer and rigs will go on top of the hill. First come first served is what Jenny told me for spots.

not true,,,,, anyone wanting power will be on top that is what thay are telling us... so i am working on a 20kw gen to bring our tr will be down below unless jenny is changing rules again

Coz
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Billy is out of hiding finally?Did you finally out run Bibs?

Coz
09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Actually if we(I ) can get my chit together we may be down to ruin another brisket.I would like to get one more in yet before the snow starts flying.Longe range plans do include some cookin on the ice if I can find another crazed individual to go with...

Scottie
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
not true,,,,, anyone wanting power will be on top that is what thay are telling us... so i am working on a 20kw gen to bring our tr will be down below unless jenny is changing rules again

It's not about the power, it's about getting rigs into that field. It got torn up pretty good and some rigs also got stuck getting through that gate and steep incline.

Coz
09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
It's not about the power, it's about getting rigs into that field. It got torn up pretty good and some rigs also got stuck getting through that gate and steep incline.

I was wonderin how some of the rigs got down on the field last year.It looks pretty tight for some of the large units gettin thru the area to get in.

Divemaster
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
OK, so it looks like the teams going are:

For Sure:
Papa Hogg & The Pigletís (Papa Hogg)
Stockcar BBQ (Divemaster)
Freeman Brothers (AFreemaniii)
Fat Andyís Backyard BBQ (Trainwreck)
Captain Ronís Brew-n-Que (Ron_L)
Smokin Scotsman (Tonto1117)
FatBoyz BBQ (Fatboyz)
CancerSucks (Scottie)
Maybe:
Bringin The Heat (Coz)
I would like nothing better than to have as many Brother/Sister teams together as we can. So, what Iím proposing is that we all meet and enter at the same time. What are your thoughts on it?
Let me know!

Scottie
09-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm for sure... As I am doing some work and promo for them again this year. Wouldn't miss it.

Divemaster
09-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I'll change the list! What are your thoughts on setting up near each other?

Scottie
09-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I'll be up on the hill because of my rig...

Trainwreck
09-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Works for me. I have a 6x12 trailer so Im not sure where they will put me. I fit on the bottom last year but who knows. I am sure when we get there we can request top hill if need be. I live only 5 minutes away so I can make any time work. Depending on where everyone is coming from we could meet by me or I can give directions to a large parking lot right down the road from the comp grounds.
Andy

afreemaniii
09-04-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm down for meeting up outside and arriving together. We don't have a trailer so we can go just about anywhere they tell us to.

Papa Hogg
09-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm up for meeting first & I will only have my truck & no pop-up since the piglets will not be there...

Ron_L
09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
We can try to meet up. I have a 6 x 12 trailer so I don't know where they would put us, either.

FatBoyz
09-04-2008, 08:16 PM
here is what jenny said if you want power your on top no power down below she wont let me bring in a gen so ok i know tonto dive and anyone else who wants to are coming to my house thurday and we will be convoing to there there are no assined spots first come chit...ron i hope you can come up early we are up to 5 in the convoy as of nowsend me a pm if you want to come over early....

Ron_L
09-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Define early :-D

Divemaster
09-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Define early :-D
We're hitting Billy's Thursday Night!

afreemaniii
09-05-2008, 11:00 AM
So power people are up top. We signed up for power so I guess we'll be tossed up there. How many others signed up for power and will be up top?

Ron_L
09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
We're hitting Billy's Thursday Night!

We won't be able to do that. I have to work on Thursday so we'll be packing the coolers and trailer on Thursday evening. What time do you plan on leaving Billy's on Friday morning?

Divemaster
09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
We won't be able to do that. I have to work on Thursday so we'll be packing the coolers and trailer on Thursday evening. What time do you plan on leaving Billy's on Friday morning?
I think we are leaving Billy's at 7:30 am...

Coz
09-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Dang if I am up on the hill I will have to have some one else take the boxes to turn in...TOO OLD TOO FAT... Looks like we are sending in the entry monday.

Divemaster
09-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I've got my GF's 16 year-old football player coming for that very reason!

FatBoyz
09-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I'll be up on the hill because of my rig...
really you do that free radio crap for her? we told her no unless she pays for the food. i will say one thing i have my tv guy in the wings waiting if she put some of the socalled favorets of the moffia crap i am hearing of i will sick my tv freinds loos on her contest. she said power on top and it better be that way we had know problem getting our rig in last year but she put quau on top that was bull chit....so i guess we will see what will happen

Ron_L
09-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Dang if I am up on the hill I will have to have some one else take the boxes to turn in...TOO OLD TOO FAT... Looks like we are sending in the entry monday.

Just how big is this hill? This will be our first time there so I have no idea what the site looks like. Good thing my wife is running for us :-D

Coz
09-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Ron,its not a big hill.Last year the turn ins were at the south end of the football field and the hill is at the north end and thats maybe another half football field? Its easier in in and out for the guys with the bigger rigs but there were plenty of the bigger trailers on the lower field last year.We have a smaller deal and really dont need electric so we may go in the lower area.I just like having the extra time to start the next turn in bein a newbie and all.

tonto1117
09-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Sounds like we will defintley be on the hill. Maybe we'll start a new trend....the box relay...:-P

FatBoyz
09-07-2008, 10:43 AM
i would have to say the hill is about 2 storys tall as it has 2 levals of steps. th bottom fealt is ruffly 130yards long the top feald is a reg socar feild "you will note i still cant speel for chit" i have enuff runners for all who are in the convoy. thay will be there for you if you need them... you can chose from ben,rudy,briam.justin.keven,jake and about 10 others so if your in the convoy please let me know and you will be assined runners by the way RONL why did i have to hear about your joining us from dive you told me you loved me and your still talking to me thought the kids! i dont tnink this is very adult behavior do you puttint the kids in the middle

Ron_L
09-07-2008, 10:59 AM
by the way RONL why did i have to hear about your joining us from dive you told me you loved me and your still talking to me thought the kids! i dont tnink this is very adult behavior do you puttint the kids in the middle

Sorry, Bro... So far all of the discussion has been in this thread. I just sent you a PM. If you guys are leaving your place at 7:30 as Dive said that may be a bit early for us. We'll see as time gets closer.

The hill doesn't sound too bad for my wife :rolleyes:. I don't absolutely have to have power since I can run the FEC off of my battery/inverter, but it makes things a whole lot easier to have it.

afreemaniii
09-08-2008, 08:43 AM

One last contest before heading down to KC?? It will be nice to have you kick our butts one more time this year. Look forward to seeing you guys there.

Scottie
09-08-2008, 11:04 AM
really you do that free radio crap for her? we told her no unless she pays for the food. i will say one thing i have my tv guy in the wings waiting if she put some of the socalled favorets of the moffia crap i am hearing of i will sick my tv freinds loos on her contest. she said power on top and it better be that way we had know problem getting our rig in last year but she put quau on top that was bull chit....so i guess we will see what will happen

I don't do anything for free. So I am not sure what you are talking about? Quau was up on top because he couldn't get his rig on the field... As for the rest, I have no clue what you are typing or trying to say?

Alex from Wisconsin
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
This is the most wacked out thread I have ever read.

Scottie
09-08-2008, 01:45 PM
I'll see you at the top of the hill...

I also spoke with Jenny today. All is going smoothly. The rules are pretty simple too. Not as complex as some are trying to make them here...

Ron_L
09-08-2008, 02:23 PM

You obviously haven't spent enough time here, Alex :-D

Divemaster
09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Just did the first weather check... I know it's a ways away but WTF....

Friday, High of 70 & partly cloudy low of 54 & partly cloudy....
Saturday, High of 73 & mostly sunny...

Here's hoping that it comes out that way!!!!

FatBoyz
09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I'll see you at the top of the hill...

I also spoke with Jenny today. All is going smoothly. The rules are pretty simple too. Not as complex as some are trying to make them here...
why im not making anything diffacult and by all meens dont be afraid to say billy is. realy i dont offend and aint your motorhome and quau about the same size? funny i could be wrong or i could just be an ass hole i am betting im an ass hole well this will be fun wont it ohhhhhhhhhh welllllll let me know when your on the radio or tv with her i want to see it

Coz
09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Its gettin better now isnt it?

Trainwreck
09-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Just did the first weather check... I know it's a ways away but WTF....

Friday, High of 70 & partly cloudy low of 54 & partly cloudy....
Saturday, High of 73 & mostly sunny...

Here's hoping that it comes out that way!!!!

Sure beats last year. It got down into the 40's at night.

Divemaster
09-17-2008, 10:53 AM
New Weather Check!!!!

Friday, High of 76 Low of 58....
Saturday, Hight of 75...

Looks like it's going to be a great weekend!

Scottie
09-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Going up this afternoon to do a little promo for the contest. Should be a great weather weekend.

Papa Hogg
09-17-2008, 04:18 PM

It's always a great weekend when we're Qin'

See you Friday!

Ron_L
09-20-2008, 09:51 PM

The Divemaster was right! It was a great weather weekend! It was also a very nice competition. Lots of Brethren teams present. Here are the top 10s

Overall
GC - Cancer Sucks Chicago
RGC - Smokey Joel/Cubby Bear
3. Smokin' Scotsmen
4. 2Fat Bikers
5. Joey Mac's Smoke Stax
6. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
7. Porkrastinators
8. Up In Smoke BBQ
9. The Heat Is On
10. Freeman Brothers BBQ

Chicken
1. Cancer Sucks Chicago
2. Joey Mac's Smoke Stax
3. 2 Fat Bikers
4. QU Smokin Krewe
5. Windy City Smokers
6. Up In Smoke BBQ
7. Fat Boyz BBQ
8. Papa Hogg and the Piglets
9. Smokey Joel/Cubby Bear
10. Gir R Q'd

Ribs
1. Up In Smoke BBQ
2. Smokin' Scotsmen
3. Cancer Sucks Chicago
4. 2 Fat Bikers
5. Pig Al's
6. Big Bubba's Roadhouse BBQ
7. Hennings BBQ
8. Smokey Joel/Cubby Bear
9. Smokey & The One Armed Bandit
10. Deaf Dog BBQ

Pork
1. Freeman Brothers BBQ
2. Cancer Sucks Chicago
3. Smokin' Scotsmen
4. Joey Mac's Smoke Stax
5. QU Smokin Krewe
6. Porkrastinators
7. The Heat Is On
8. Smokey Joel.Cubby Bear
9. Bringin' The Heat
10. BBQ Company

Brisket
1. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
2. Smokey Joel/Cubby Bear
3. Porkrastinators
4. Fat Andy's Backyard BBQ
5. Bringin' The Heat
6. Papa Hog and the Piglets
7. Smokin' Scotsmen
8. Cancer Sucks Chicago
9. 2 Fat Bikers
10. BBQ Company

LMAJ
09-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Congrats to all the teams - glad to hear you had nice weather.

slat
09-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Congrats to all that got a call.

BBQ Grail
09-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Congrats everyone.

Bbq Bubba
09-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Congrats brothers!! :biggrin:

Stoke&Smoke
09-21-2008, 07:54 AM
6 of 10 overall! Wow!!!!

Congrats too all that walked, specifically the Chicago contingent!

Hope to see you guys next week in Racine!

U2CANQUE
09-21-2008, 08:17 AM
great showing all.....

Spydermike72
09-21-2008, 08:24 AM
WATG Brothers, and a special shout out ot the Smokin Scotsmen!! Great Job!!!

Ford
09-21-2008, 08:33 AM
looks like a good quality field. Congrats Scottie. Way to go Walt - maybe you want to keep that Lang and sell the Greer. Congrats to all who walked. Wish I could have been there but had to be at home this weekend.

crewdawg52
09-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Congrats to all who walked, and a BIG CONGRATS to the "Scotties"! Wish I could have made it back in time. Leaving the abode now.

Shotgun
09-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Nice job bothers.

FatBoyz
09-21-2008, 09:22 AM
So Billy was it worth it to come back to bbq and do it at meno falls?
Did you have fun? i meen hell your smoker got up to 500 for 30 mins or more with your pork and brisket in it you had to rebuild the one side of your smoker. and you did chity!

I had a great time! There where fences mended and my smoker got fixed. I made some great new friends, and most importaint i was able to pull me pants down 4 times in public and not go to jail... hell i even chased dive around with my pants down. And I fogot what was most importaint. fun with my friends. So I will end this and say to you all please come by my camp grab a beer and do you know how to fix a treager?

Ron_L
09-21-2008, 09:46 AM
So Billy was it worth it to come back to bbq and do it at meno falls?

Ummm... Billy? Do you know that you are typing to yourself? :-D

It was nice to meet you and your brother in person! I'm sorry that the Traeger was giving you fits. The important part is that you had fun!

I heard a rumor that you helped fix the generator when we all lost power on Saturday morning. Thanks!

I'm sorry that I missed you chaseing Dive around with you pants down.

Wait... Maybe I'm not sorry. :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Ron_L
09-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Way to go Walt - maybe you want to keep that Lang and sell the Greer.

Pot Stirrer!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now that I've had some sleep and can type bester here are my thoughts on this competition.

Overall things went pretty smoothly. The site is a bit strange in that it is separated into two areas by a hill with some fairly steep stairs. That made check in a little rough since they didn't have people stationed in both areas. When we arrived at the upper area (the designated area for teams needing electricity or with bigger rigs) there was no one there. We were told that the spaces were first-come, first-served so the three of us who arrived at the same time grabbed three open spots. We all stood around for a while waiting for "the guy in the Gator" to show up to check us in but after about 15 minutes we gave up and started setting up. 15 minutes later the "guy in the Gator" shows up and tells one of the teams that he may have to move us. We basically told him that we had been there for 30 minutes waiting for him and we weren't going to repack out stuff. He decided not to move us :rolleyes:

Other than that there were really very few issues. The electricity went out for a short time on Saturday morning but we didn't even notice until I heard some mention hat it was out. My battery/inverter switched over automatically so the FEC just kept cooking.

The stairs between the two areas were an inconvenience. Billy, the Scotsmen and Freeman Brothers were up top with us but the rest of the brethren teams were down below so we didn't get to hang out very much. My knees are still sore from my tumble down the deck stairs last week so my only visit to the lower level was on Friday afternoon when Billy took me for a gold cart ride!

It was great to see the Scotsmen do so well, especially since it meant that we all got to see Walt and Joe accept their trophies wearing heir kilts :eek:. We got to the awards ceremony a little late so I wasn't in position to take a picture. Maybe next time!

Congrats to everyone! It was a lot of fun.

billm
09-21-2008, 10:44 AM
outstanding work Scottie and Joel!!! Congrats to all the others who got calls as well

Coz
09-21-2008, 10:49 AM
It was great visiting the Brethren that I knew and meeting the ones that ones that I didnt.As Ron said the 2 level deal was kinda a bummer for visiting.Congrats to those that kicked our arses.I did a very poor job of cooking.Cant blame the judges for my poor performance.

J Appledog
09-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Congratulations to all who walked!

Trainwreck
09-21-2008, 02:59 PM
It was great getting to meet some of the bretheren and putting faces with names now. I had a great time. I wish I could have gotten up the hill and met a few more of ya. Ron thanks for coming down and saying hi. Congrats to all of you that got the calls. I spent most of Friday night over by Dive and Pappa Hog and picked up a few tips. Thanks again for the tips and welcoming me in to your families. Hope to see you guys again soon and meet some more of ya. I will say that I have seen enough leopard print to last me a life time thanks to Billy.
Andy

J Appledog
09-21-2008, 04:04 PM
...and Tonto, too!

Bud's BBQ
09-21-2008, 04:23 PM
looks like a good quality field. Congrats Scottie. Way to go Walt - maybe you want to keep that Lang and sell the Greer. Congrats to all who walked. Wish I could have been there but had to be at home this weekend.

Great event and kudos to Scottie and all of the Brethren. Ron L's brisket kicked ash!! (the traditional passing of the S & P places it back in our court).

As Ron L said, the steps of death were a real challenge. Thank goodness, Ramona (our newest team member) delivered the boxes in great condition.

Wish we were able to meet all of the Brethren. Great to meet Coz and put some faces to names. Papa Hogg has the cutest piglets, great to see them walking to the stage.

Especially fun to cook next to the Freeman Brothers - 3rd cook and placed top ten.

Ford, as to the Geer pit decision, I just 'fetch and tote'. Tonto runs the Smokin' Scotsmen and she is taking pity on me and my love of finely made pit toys.

Finally, always remember that Kilts are Kool!:icon_cool:icon_cool:icon_cool

Harbormaster
09-21-2008, 04:51 PM
WOW! The Brethren OWNED the brisket category!
Congratulations guys! I'm very proud of all of you!
Wish I could have been there.

Plowboy
09-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Way to go, everyone!

SpammyQ
09-21-2008, 06:23 PM
I was there on Friday generally hanging out at Fatboyz pit, but got around to meet a bunch of you. It was great putting the faces to the avatars. My wife had a blast too, Ron., nice meeting and talking to you and your wife. Dive, great daughter you have there, you should be proud.

I'll probably swing by the Racine contest next weekend, look forward to seeing those of you there that go. Thanks Billie for letting me hang around. I need to get to one of these and be a helper for one of you some day. That would be cool.

Congrats on the fine showing Scottie! Impressive finishes.

Jim

bbqbull
09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Congrats to all the Brethren teams who walked!

Good to see Billy back in action.

A huge congrats to the Smokin Scotts who tooks 3rd overall, as well congrats to RG and Gc in this contest.

Papa Hogg
09-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Way to brethren...I had a great time this weekend, cooking and hanging with friends. I was most excited that my chicken, which has been my nemesis, never better than 20's, finally break into the top 10.

RonL 6th over-all great job & Smokin' Scots very impressive showing, can't wait until this weekend, when we should all be next to each other.

Fat Andy I had a great time getting to know you better & shooting the chit thru the wee hours of the AM, hope you can come walk the grounds in Racine, BTW fantastic hot wings!

Fear The Pig!

Hey Dive did you get your hose back? Always fun mocking & harassing each other can't wait to do it again.

tonto1117
09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone. What a fun weekend!! Congrat's to Scottie and to all the teams that took a walk!!!
I don't think Iv'e ever laughed harder at turn in time listing to Billy and Animal yelling back and forth at each other..... A sampling:

Billy: Oh #*#*, I think I just cut off my finger...

Animal: Not to worry..just put some sauce on it and throw it in the box...they will never know.... and on it went...:lol:

Great to see old friends and meet some new brethren, wish I would have had the time and energy to make it down the hill and meet more!!

Wulfie
09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
It was great to see the Scotsmen do so well, especially since it meant that we all got to see Walt and Joe accept their trophies wearing heir kilts :eek:. We got to the awards ceremony a little late so I wasn't in position to take a picture. Maybe next time!

You mean THESE kilts, Ron?

Wouldn't want you to hurt your camera!

Harbormaster
09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
OK, I have to ask: Since I took the brunt of Brethren teasing (much appeciated!) at Princeton, who took my place at the BPG?

Ron_L
09-22-2008, 12:08 PM
OK, I have to ask: Since I took the brunt of Brethren teasing (much appeciated!) at Princeton, who took my place at the BPG?

Did you miss the picture above? Ir's the boots that make the outfit! :rolleyes:

afreemaniii
09-22-2008, 12:11 PM
This was a great contest made even better by a first place check. We again had great neighbors in the Scotsmen and Def Dog BBQ. The 1958 GE fridge converted to a smoker that Def Dog used was a conversation starter all weekend. The Scotsmen provided the best Saturday morning breakfast we've had at a comp. The biscuits and gravy were awesome!! Thanks again.

This was a good contest. The stairs were a little different twist, but I don't walk the containers in so I didn't care too much. The live music was good, the grounds were good, and overall we'll come back next year. Jenny did a great job getting everything to go smoothly with some help from Patrick and Marty.

Congratulations to Scottie for his impressive showing in taking GC. The Scotsmen overcame their nemesis in ribs and finished off well and overall the Brethren walked a bunch of times. The split grounds didn't make it easy for me to get down and finally meet the likes of Papa Hogg and Divemaster, but hopefully we'll make that happen next time.

michiana mark
09-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Congrats to all the Brethern that took a walk. Thanks Wulfie, I needed that.:redface:

FatBoyz
09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I do have to say I only found one thing wrong with the comp

thay put a pretcher between QU and US the paster came up to me on his way out and shook my hand and said well that was an education.... i said oh 1st comp he said no being between you two.....we'll remember both of you in service tomarrow

Divemaster
09-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I want to add my congrats to the list! Esp. to the Scotsman... You really handed it to me this time... Double or nothing at Libertyville?????

Papa, Train, Coz, and all the others... It's always great to see you guys! Congrats on the great finishes and as any true Chicago Cub fan would say, "Wait till next time!!!!"

We actually did run into a few problems at the comp. The biggest one was when they decided to not give the lower field any water. I had to argue with the organizers and eventually supply then with not only a splitter, but also the hose and nozzle. Sorry, but after 5 knee operations, I wasn't about to be going up those stairs (can you really call them that since they were all different heights and angles) with 5 gallon containers of water....

Again contrat's to all!!!!

Bbq Bubba
09-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Owwwww.....my eyes!!! :eek: :twisted: :biggrin:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19329&d=1222097160

FatBoyz
09-30-2008, 05:42 PM
learn how to spell love master

FatBoyz
09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
and grow some hair

Stoke&Smoke
10-01-2008, 04:05 PM
[quote=Divemaster;743594]I want to add my congrats to the list! Esp. to the Scotsman... You really handed it to me this time... Double or nothing at Libertyville?????

Jeff, What team name do you cook under? We'd like to stop by and say hi at Libertyville. We aren't cooking but wilil be stopping by to visit some folks Friday, and back again Saturday to Judge and /or Table Captain.

Dann

Coz
10-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Jeff is the World Famous STOCK CAR BBQ if I am not mistaken.

Divemaster
10-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Jeff, What team name do you cook under? We'd like to stop by and say hi at Libertyville. We aren't cooking but wilil be stopping by to visit some folks Friday, and back again Saturday to Judge and /or Table Captain.

Dann

Jeff is the World Famous STOCKCAR BBQ if I am not mistaken.

Thank's Coz....

Papa Hogg
10-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Thank's Coz....

Billy er Jeff how was your NASCAR weekend?

Divemaster
10-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Billy er Jeff how was your NASCAR weekend?

I actually ended up taking a pass.. My daughter came home and I thought that my time would be better spent with her.... There are other races, but only one of her!

There is always next year! (Cubs Fan Mod)

sewerrat
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I know the 2009 show was canceled, but is anybody planning on going to 2010?
I'm far from a competitor, but the site is less than a mile from my house and I'd be more than happy to assist anyone or just meet a couple of you pros?
I can't seem to find a thread dedicated to the 2010 event, which is why I bumped this one.

Coz
08-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm far from a competitor, but the site is less than a mile from my house and I'd be more than happy to assist anyone or just meet a couple of you pros?
I can't seem to find a thread dedicated to the 2010 event, which is why I bumped this one.

Yes there will be a 2010 edition Sept 17-18 if I am not mistaken.

One Arm Bandit
08-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes there is a 2010 version. I am signed up and got a confirmation from the sponser.

bob80001
08-06-2010, 11:08 PM

It's right in my backyard too...I was planning on going, but now it looks like I might have a conflict.:doh: Still trying to work that out. Even if I can't cook, I hope to swing thru and check it out.