PDA

View Full Version : American Royal (sites and packettes)

VA BBQ PIRATES
08-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Just got our team pack in the mail:-D We are in space 945 stop by and say hi. This is our first time and we can't wait. We can pre-order ribs & butts from Farmland Foods. Any one have any experience do that? Or should I just bring it since I'm bring my brisket & chicken anyway

Thanks,
Tom

Solidkick
08-23-2008, 03:28 PM
We got our packet today as well........Looks like we got a fair share of reading to do!
This will be our first year as well........if they don't change the location numbering on the map, I think we may have a pretty good space (watch it be one that all the water runs to if it rains...LOL)
We are in site 813..........Miller Lite products only.....and maybe a margarita or 4.....
Look for the Brethren banner.....see you there!

Jorge
08-23-2008, 03:34 PM
We got our packet today as well........Looks like we got a fair share of reading to do!
This will be our first year as well........if they don't change the location numbering on the map, I think we may have a pretty good space (watch it be one that all the water runs to if it rains...LOL)
We are in site 813..........Miller Lite products only.....and maybe a margarita or 4.....
Look for the Brethren banner.....see you there!

You know what I'll be stopping by for!

KC_Bobby
08-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Boondoggle is in space 417 so when you make it to the dark side, stop on in.

KC_Bobby
08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Did anyone's packet include a map? I have last year's but they seem to always be a little different from year to year.

Holy cow ... anyone read the sheet dealing with the fire codes?

- 200 sq feet (or more) tents and 400 sq feet canopies require fire permits
- No smoking signs should be posted in all tents, canopies and concession stands
- Hay storage must be a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- Automotive parking must be a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- Generators a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- The minimum distance between tents should be no loess than 10 feet.

WTF? So everyone needs to set canopy/tents up 5 feet away from the lines and I need a permit to put up my carport if I drop the sides? Damn neer gotta get a G spot in order to comply if you have a tent or canopy.

Good luck enforcing that.

Plowboy
08-23-2008, 07:08 PM
We will be moving to 919. Hope no one steals my brisket.

tboneld
08-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah, these are pretty stiff rules. I think they are the same as last year though. I see that Don is selling his pit. What did he buy, an FE?

Did anyone's packet include a map? I have last year's but they seem to always be a little different from year to year.

Holy cow ... anyone read the sheet dealing with the fire codes?

- 200 sq feet (or more) tents and 400 sq feet canopies require fire permits
- No smoking signs should be posted in all tents, canopies and concession stands
- Hay storage must be a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- Automotive parking must be a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- Generators a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- The minimum distance between tents should be no loess than 10 feet.

WTF? So everyone needs to set canopy/tents up 5 feet away from the lines and I need a permit to put up my carport if I drop the sides? Damn neer gotta get a G spot in order to comply if you have a tent or canopy.

tboneld
08-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi John, Don't think we've met, we will. I'm your new neighbor in 917. There goes the neighborhood :-D I don't think anyone will bother your stuff from my camp, unless one of the boondoggle boys stops by.:wink:

Getting excited, only a few more weeks. We'll be in Dubuque at the Throwdown this week too.

heinz57
08-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Don't worry about all the fire code rules. The only one that they are interested in enforcing is the one for the $75.00 permit. Thanks Kansas City for making us feel welcome. If I sound a little bitter, it's because I AM!

When they come around looking for their money, DON'T PAY WITH CASH!
Tell them to leave you a form & you'll be happy to send them a check on Monday. They tend to lose intrest after they find out they're not getting extortion money.

KC_Bobby
08-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi John, Don't think we've met, we will. I'm your new neighbor in 917.

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Umm, his name is Todd ... or Mr. Johns.

Plowboy
08-23-2008, 10:31 PM

Or Miss Jackson if you're nasty. :cool:

tboneld
08-23-2008, 10:54 PM
:oops: Ahhhh, I thought something was wrong there. I guess I had a few too many Mic Goldens tonight.:-D

Sorry about that Todd.

drbbq
08-24-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm in 915, right across the aisle.

ique
08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
We're in 876... swing by for a Harpoon or two.

clubjoe
08-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Just opened my packet. We're in 882. Come by and say hey and have a cold one.

Jeff@KC
08-24-2008, 04:00 PM
945,That is a good spot! We won in that spot last year!!!

drbbq
08-24-2008, 05:28 PM

And you moved? Man I'd be trying to remember what lucky underwear I was wearing after winning.

Plowboy
08-24-2008, 07:01 PM
And you moved? Man I'd be trying to remember what lucky underwear I was wearing after winning.

I heard you didn't wear underwear. :eek: At least that's what Phil and Jorge said. :rolleyes:

VA BBQ PIRATES
08-24-2008, 07:14 PM

Hey Jeff then thanks for the spot - we'll need all the good karma we can get!

Tom

drbbq
08-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I heard you didn't wear underwear. :eek: At least that's what Phil and Jorge said. :rolleyes:

Yeah but I didn't win either.

Plowboy
08-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah but I didn't win either.

Maybe that was your problem.

My son Michael, with the "Little Green Egg", will be there. We'll have to get a picture of you with him wearing his Big Green Egg hat. Maybe we'll bring his grill out. :biggrin:

DeanC
08-25-2008, 07:08 AM

I was told this only applied to the tents that you purchased from the on site rental company (the ones that they put up and took down for you). I may be wrong, but in four years I have never paid for a permit and used a 10X20 carport each year.

Jorge
08-25-2008, 11:16 AM

I don't think I'll be able to see it from the compound at 928, to keep an eye on it for you.

BBQchef33
08-25-2008, 11:50 AM
yup.. we be at 928.... behind the barbed wire and electric fence jorge puts up.

Scottie
08-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Just look at his Avatar... that is what I would bring...

FWIW for Plowboy.... It's not the brisket... I would worry more aobut the party until 3:00 am and then waking up and finding that they stole your entire site... then having to deal with the wonks that run the Royal... Oh, and then them blaming you for not ratting them out to the cops for how loud their party was... And not expect the party to come over and flip your RV...

Other than that. It's a great spot. Except if it rains, as the spot next to you is a drain... And guess where all the grey water will be flowing??? :eek:

spicewine
08-25-2008, 03:52 PM
TEAM Q is back in spot # 826. Bring your paper plate and black marker!!:wink:

BTW Phil!! We have established a " No Reach Around Zone " around our site.

Jorge: Don't forget our sausages.

Smokin' Cracker and Woodhouse Grill will be shareing our site.

Rub
08-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Woo-hoooo, got my packet today :biggrin:
Spot 718, here I come. Even got in the general area I asked for. Do they ever change up numbers?
They seem to have upgraded me to a big spot, not that I'm complaining. 8)

Paola Greg
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Woo-hoooo, got my packet today :biggrin:
Spot 718, here I come. Even got in the general area I asked for. Do they ever change up numbers?
They seem to have upgraded me to a big spot, not that I'm complaining. 8)

We'll look forward to meeting you Rub. We're in our normal spot close to ya in 749, with neighbors Denver Cajun in 751, Juggy in 734, and Steph will be near by in her normal space of 769 I assume. You won't be too far from turn in, maybe a 3 minute walk.

Plowboy
08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
TEAM Q is back in spot # 826. Bring your paper plate and black marker!!:wink:

BTW Phil!! We have established a " No Reach Around Zone " around our site.

Jorge: Don't forget our sausages.

Smokin' Cracker and Woodhouse Grill will be shareing our site.

Oh yeah, we want sausages, too Jorge!!! The Jalapeno ones. :tongue:

Transformer BBQ
08-25-2008, 05:55 PM
767 for us, packet was here when I got home...

Rub
08-25-2008, 06:35 PM
We'll look forward to meeting you Rub. We're in our normal spot close to ya in 749, with neighbors Denver Cajun in 751, Juggy in 734, and Steph will be near by in her normal space of 769 I assume. You won't be too far from turn in, maybe a 3 minute walk.
Sounds great Greg, I'm really looking forward to the whole experience.

Ulcer Acres
08-25-2008, 07:11 PM
You boys better walk the straight and narrow line. Ulcer Acres is in 927. We run a pretty tight ship down in our neck of the woods.

Jorge
08-25-2008, 07:13 PM
You boys better walk the straight and narrow line. Ulcer Acres is in 927. We run a pretty tight ship down in our neck of the woods.

Yes Reverend. Are you in need of donations to carry out your duty?

scottyd
08-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Well I will be on the DARK side once again in the same spot as last year. yes sir 252 Phil you know where it is!! oh well always keeping the fat man down I can't get in lot B to save my tail. oh well My girl wants to party all the time any way.

Diva
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
TheSlabs.com will be in 769 as in years past. Looking forward to it....

Steph

smknwhlswife
08-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Smoke on Wheels (HoDeDos last year) will be in 492 on the Dark side. Same place as last year.....just different name.

EarlyBird
08-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Early Bird BBQ will be in spot 954. Same spot as last year, North end of lot B. Stop on by.

Chris

The Pickled Pig
08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
The Pickled Pig will be in 173.

bruskee
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Little Pig Town will be in spot 735 ...

Fredbird
08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Early Bird BBQ will be in spot 954. Same spot as last year, North end of lot B. Stop on by.

Chris

I'll be by for my Aha Toro fix! :biggrin:

EarlyBird
08-26-2008, 03:48 PM
I'll be by for my Aha Toro fix! :biggrin:

I'm out of the magic elixer right now, be I will be stocking up for the ROYAL. Stop by. AHA TORO!
Chris

BBQchef33
08-26-2008, 04:22 PM
AHA TORO![/B]
Chris

Is that what a yell when ya sneak up behind a bull and find the beef strokenoff?

:redface:

ok.. off to my room now..

damn, thats twice today.

The Virginian
08-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Stoddard and Brown will be in 979, our first time. We have like 50 feet of frontage to protect from passersby. Any one got any suggestions as to how to keep people out of our site, our Jiffy John, and our cooker?

Andy and I are really looking forward to this! See you all there. Should pull in late afternoon on Thursday.

Brett

VA BBQ PIRATES
08-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey Brett - Someone mentioned Construction fencing - that orange stuff you see at all the road construction around here. Think you can get it at home depot. For the Jiffy John have Andy bring his spider. Those things are notorious for spinning their webs across the seat and sinking their fangs into anything that hangs down into it. As for your cooker... I'm at a loss. We're just hoping our neighbors food smells better and attracts the passers by. See ya in WV.

Tom

kchawkeye
08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Revolution BBQ is in spot 559. We've helped others for the past few years but this is our first year on our own, with our own spot. We requested lot B but got put in the south end. I hope it's a good area.

Plowboy
08-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Stoddard and Brown will be in 979, our first time. We have like 50 feet of frontage to protect from passersby. Any one got any suggestions as to how to keep people out of our site, our Jiffy John, and our cooker?

Andy and I are really looking forward to this! See you all there. Should pull in late afternoon on Thursday.

Brett

Put a lock on the john. In your spot, you should be fine without the fencing, but that is up to you. We didn't use any last year in that spot. You'll love it. You'll be in one of the most quiet spots at the Royal. We only moved because we wanted to get two trailers in our spot. Otherwise, it was a great spot.

swamprb
08-26-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm thinking this would be a nice way to spend my 30th Wedding Anniversary, hanging out at the Royal!

Let me run it by the ol'lady, if you don't hear from me call the authorities.

Jeff_in_KC
08-26-2008, 08:53 PM
No info for us yet. FINALLY got our invitational form returned today. Had a couple of huge questions that took two days to get a live person at the Royal to answer. I imagine they already have us mapped out as well. Long story short, we got Lee signed on as chief cook for the open and me for the invitational. I was assuming he was listed as chief cook at Warrensburg and thus would be for the Royal as well but after entering us with Lee as chief cook in the open, the invitational stuff came to me. I have NO idea how that happened.

bbqbull
08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
No info for us yet. FINALLY got our invitational form returned today. Had a couple of huge questions that took two days to get a live person at the Royal to answer. I imagine they already have us mapped out as well. Long story short, we got Lee signed on as chief cook for the open and me for the invitational. I was assuming he was listed as chief cook at Warrensburg and thus would be for the Royal as well but after entering us with Lee as chief cook in the open, the invitational stuff came to me. I have NO idea how that happened.

Not to hijack this thread but its way too busy for a country bumkin like me to just even think about all the confusion at the Royal.

Will throw a bash at our place for the neighbors and friends.
Thats enough for me.

Coz
08-26-2008, 09:12 PM

At least you have yours now.I have not got ours yet but hopefully soon.

KC_Bobby
08-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Revolution BBQ is in spot 559. We've helped others for the past few years but this is our first year on our own, with our own spot. We requested lot B but got put in the south end. I hope it's a good area.

It's perfect if you love trains. Hopefully they won't be sandblasting the overpass over 571 this year on Friday afternoon.

We're in 417 and have a BWS Competitor and Gator. Stop on in and say hi.

KC_Bobby
08-26-2008, 09:21 PM
At least you have yours now.I have not got ours yet but hopefully soon.

Can you bring me down a case of Blatz? :-D

tboneld
08-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Didn't Don pick up an FE off Craigslist?

It's perfect if you love trains. Hopefully they won't be sandblasting the overpass over 571 this year on Friday afternoon.

We're in 417 and have a BWS Competitor and Gator. Stop on in and say hi.

KC_Bobby
08-26-2008, 11:15 PM
The guy sold it to a coworker. But he's still looking for one. I think he has a buyer lined up for the Gator if he finds an FE.

Jeff_in_KC
08-27-2008, 09:22 AM
OK I feel MUCH better now! Just got a call from Jolene at the Royal. Sloppy Creek is good to go! She said we'll be in site #947! :-D Now about 90% of my stress is gone! The other 10% that's left is the nine in-laws who are coming to town from Michigan for the Blue Springs contest weekend after next. :roll:

Jeff_in_KC
08-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Hey Brett - Someone mentioned Construction fencing - that orange stuff you see at all the road construction around here. Think you can get it at home depot. For the Jiffy John have Andy bring his spider. Those things are notorious for spinning their webs across the seat and sinking their fangs into anything that hangs down into it. As for your cooker... I'm at a loss. We're just hoping our neighbors food smells better and attracts the passers by. See ya in WV.

Tom

Hey Tom, looks like we'll be right next to you in 947. I'll be constructing some sort of fortress no doubt! And maybe I'll bring an ECB and smoke some horse chit just to drive the passers-by away! LOL!

Jorge
08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Hey Tom, looks like we'll be right next to you in 947. I'll be constructing some sort of fortress no doubt! And maybe I'll bring an ECB and smoke some horse chit just to drive the passers-by away! LOL!

If you put your canopy up at the front, with one of the sides on you only have 5 ft. to defend since you have neighbors on each of the other sides.

Jeff_in_KC
08-27-2008, 12:34 PM
If you put your canopy up at the front, with one of the sides on you only have 5 ft. to defend since you have neighbors on each of the other sides.

That's a good possibility. And as luck would have it, my wife is an inch shy of 5' tall so if I post her at the entrance... I don't think anyone would mess with her! :lol: That would be more effective than razor wire or a pit bull! :twisted:

VA BBQ PIRATES
08-27-2008, 05:01 PM

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I think you should bring your ECB. Between your horse chit and the stench of my chicken we should drive everyone away!

Tom

mjl
08-27-2008, 05:16 PM
We just got our packet for the Open. Same spot as always #144, far far away from the "dark side". Jeff in KC, if you want some Blatz, consider it done.

Matt

Coz
08-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Got our packet for the invitational today and I swore it said #144 and the said something about a dishwasher from hell?

spicewine
08-27-2008, 05:22 PM
as luck would have it, my wife is an inch shy of 5' tall so if I post her at the entrance... I don't think anyone would mess with her! :lol: That would be more effective than razor wire or a pit bull! :twisted:[/quote]

I am going to start calling her " SWEET-&-LOW " If the shoe fits-------:wink:

Jeff_in_KC
08-27-2008, 10:31 PM
I am going to start calling her " SWEET-&-LOW " If the shoe fits-------:wink:

:lol::lol: That's funny. Surprised I never thought of it! Don't cross her, though - trust me: the sweet part goes away. :twisted:

afreemaniii
08-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Got our packet for the invitational today and I swore it said #144 and the said something about a dishwasher from hell?

Do you really want to add that aggrevation to your otherwise serene world?

Papa Chubby
08-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Smoke on Wheels (HoDeDos last year) will be in 492 on the Dark side. Same place as last year.....just different name.

We are right in front of you in 462, first time in the Royal. I will stop by and say hello.

MoKanMeathead
08-28-2008, 04:58 PM
We are right in front of you in 462, first time in the Royal. I will stop by and say hello.

In front of the HoDeDo's - bring ear plugs. :-P

I believe the Meathead will be in spot 782 again. I got our packet but before I could get it from the mailbox someone stuck an IED (Improvised Explosive Device, M-80, 1/4 stick, whatever) in our mailbaox and blew it and our packet to shreds. :icon_pissed I guess that is payback from when I was a kid. :icon_devil

Hopefully they will replace the packet...and the wrist bands.

Coz
08-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Do you really want to add that aggrevation to your otherwise serene world?

When I get tired of him I will just stuff him in a cooler.:-P And why in gods green earth would you think I live in a serene world!!!!!:eek:

Jeff_in_KC
08-28-2008, 08:59 PM
In front of the HoDeDo's - bring ear plugs. :-P

I believe the Meathead will be in spot 782 again. I got our packet but before I could get it from the mailbox someone stuck an IED (Improvised Explosive Device, M-80, 1/4 stick, whatever) in our mailbaox and blew it and our packet to shreds. :icon_pissed I guess that is payback from when I was a kid. :icon_devil

Hopefully they will replace the packet...and the wrist bands.

WTF???? Are you chitting me?? Pissing off the neighbors, Wayne? :lol:

Bigdog
08-28-2008, 09:55 PM
WTF???? Are you chitting me?? Pissing off the neighbors, Wayne? :lol:

It is better to piss off your neighbors than to piss on them. :twisted:

Jeff_in_KC
08-28-2008, 10:41 PM
It is better to piss off your neighbors than to piss on them. :twisted:

Not if they blow up your American Royal packet!!! :shock: I might do BOTH. :evil:

Captain Caveman
08-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Caveman Cuisine will be in 957.

Jeff_in_KC
09-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Anyone else got site numbers to post yet? Just curious who will be our's and Tom's neighbors.

SloppyQ
09-09-2008, 08:44 PM
For those of you who already received your packets, did your Liberty lot passes come in the packet? Ours did not.

KC_Bobby
09-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Lee, I think you get those at check in. I don't have any in my packet.

Dustaway
09-09-2008, 09:14 PM
will be in space 78 the wife & I are helping out the ritters this year at the Royal & the Jack looking forward to both.