PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Wolf it Down BBQ Bash, Ft. Atkinson, WI - June 12 - 14, 2009

Stitch
08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
The Wolf it Down BBQ Bash is coming back and now we have a ideal how to run it.:roll: This one should be bigger and better with many great prizes and even some cash prizes combined with the Grand and Reseve prizes. We are also combining it with a Chili Cook off (as a separate event). and a biker rodeo with many events. There will be free admisson and camping for anyone competeing. It will be starting Friday night with music and a contest for the ladies :shock:. Saturday will be the cook-offs, Bike Rodeo, The Bike Raffle, Two bands another contest for the ladies :eusa_clap, and we are working on a special event that we can't annouce at this time. Sunday we will have a bloody-mary bar and swap meet.
Now I know a lot of you don't really care about the motorcycle stuff but I'm sure you know someone that does and you have been trying to get them to come to a cook-off this could be your opportunity.:wink: I will post more info as it comes along with web page updates, pics of the prizes, or added events / entertainment.

Thank you for your time
Stitch
wolfitdownbbqbash.com (http://wolfitdownbbqbash.com)

Coz
08-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Excellent.Even though it was a small group for the 1st I would think that if you can avoid the scheduling conflicts with other comps I bet you would fill the field.Gott remember next year to bring food for Bibs dog.

Ford
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
I'll be back to defend my title. Guess I better not bring my golf cart so I have room for another trophy:-D:biggrin:

The bike is great. But I'm sorry to tell you I have to sell it as I just can't ride it and Carol is not going to use a kick start. Good news is it may just move next door if it works out right. Maybe he'll even ride it over and join me at the contest. Sounds like my helper is going up against me next year.

BBQ Grail
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Nice, but what did you do with Billy.

Coz
08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Ford if you come back to defend I most likely would just like to do the same thing over.My wife wont go and my partner has serious reservations on it because of his job.I thought my time was well spent.

Ford
08-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Ford if you come back to defend I most likely would just like to do the same thing over.My wife wont go and my partner has serious reservations on it because of his job.I thought my time was well spent.
That sure works for me but I do think you can cook it yourself. It's a blast going solo the first time.

Stitch
08-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Nice, but what did you do with Billy.
Billy is still around but with his ticker He wanted less stuff to do.

Ron_L
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Do you have dates set, Stitch?

Stitch
08-08-2008, 05:04 PM
We are doing it on the the weekend on June 12th thru the 14th,

Stitch
12-31-2008, 09:50 AM
The staff at Wolf it Down BBQ Biker Bash (http://wolfitdownbbqbash). Would like to wish everyone on the Brethren a happy and safe New year.

Ford
12-31-2008, 01:58 PM
The staff at Wolf it Down BBQ Biker Bash (http://wolfitdownbbqbash). Would like to wish everyone on the Brethren a happy and safe New year.

The best of the season to all of you as well. I plan to arrive Friday morning and this year I think I'll stay until Sunday morning. But I may skip the bloody mary's and stick to black coffee. If turn in times work out I may even do chili.

Billy tells me that you're working on a super Grand Prize. I don't have a kegerator on my golf cart. yet that is :biggrin:

Sure hope Coz still wants to help out rather than whup my butt.

U2CANQUE
12-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Ummmm, lets see, two of my favorite things in life, motorcycles, and BBQ....well, and the wet t-shirt contest.....it is within my 10 hour limit so I will be registering for the contest.....

Ron_L
12-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Happy New Year to you and the staff, Stitch!

Are you going to get KCBS sanctioning for this competition?

Coz
12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
I intend to be there either washing dishes for Ford or competing with my own equipement but the way its goin I wont have new cooker done by then.

Stitch
01-06-2009, 08:28 AM
We are going to be running this as a free lance one this year and try to get it sanctioned in 2010.

U2CANQUE
01-07-2009, 08:36 PM
hey, freelance....not a problem, with the prizes that you provided last year, I dont need it to be a qualifier to get me there.....looking forward to it....

U2CANQUE
01-07-2009, 08:39 PM
will be starting Friday night with music and a contest for the ladies :shock:
Hmm, lets see, can only imagine.........grins, mmmmmmm, nice imagining...thinking about the last easy rider expo I went to.....:twisted:

Coz
01-07-2009, 09:02 PM
lastyears GC prize

U2CANQUE
01-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Oh yeah, loved the bike.....heck, any picture of me in a contest while cooking, with Harley shirt pretty much solely

Divemaster
01-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey Stitch, the dates look good for us to return and try to kick Fords azz. Last year we came in third and want another chance at the title!

Do you have any registration material and idea of the entrance fee???

Let me know, cause I'll be there!!!!

U2CANQUE
01-21-2009, 02:49 PM
it is all on their website.....looking forward to this one as well.....

U2CANQUE
01-21-2009, 02:51 PM
http://wolfitdownbbqbash.com/contactwolf.html

Divemaster
01-21-2009, 03:54 PM
it is all on their website.....looking forward to this one as well.....

http://wolfitdownbbqbash.com/contactwolf.html

Thanks, I missed that link...

Coz
01-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey Stitch, the dates look good for us to return and try to kick Fords azz. Last year we came in third and want another chance at the title!

Do you have any registration material and idea of the entrance fee???

Let me know, cause I'll be there!!!!

Ya think your makin Ford nervous yet??I am lookin forward to this event also.Had a great time last year.

U2CANQUE
01-22-2009, 07:03 AM
how many teams last year? Expecting this year?

Ford
01-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Ya think your makin Ford nervous yet??I am lookin forward to this event also.Had a great time last year.

I got lucky last year. Everybody makes me nervous. I cook better under pressure. And I might just party this year.

U2CANQUE
01-22-2009, 10:06 AM
we all know better than that, you show up, you cook.....and damn fine at that too....looking forward to seeing ya up there this summer.....

Scottie
01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I might have to get Dr. Porkenstein and we cook it together... I don't think there is one going that weekend around our parts...

U2CANQUE
01-22-2009, 12:57 PM
we will have to make sure that we send some slightly overexposed groupies around with much tequila to level out that team......

Scottie
01-22-2009, 01:15 PM
sounds like a win/win situation for me... As the good Dr. doesn't drink... Especially if the groupies drink Jack... I have a weakness for groupies with Jack bottles.... :eek:

Divemaster
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I got lucky last year. Everybody makes me nervous. I cook better under pressure. And I might just party this year.

I may just have to keep your chair over by my site again thas year... Oh, wait, that didn't work out to well for me last year... Keep your damn old chair!

J/K You know you are always welcome over by me where we always have cigars and Gent. Jack...

U2CANQUE
01-22-2009, 03:49 PM
I have a weakness for groupies with Jack bottles
Well, full ones anyway....
Hope you guys can make it, sounds like a great event, lots going on, awesome trophys, and hell, wet t-shirt contests can never be a bad thing....wait, take that back, could be bad, but, not likely....

Coz
01-22-2009, 05:05 PM
sounds like a win/win situation for me... As the good Dr. doesn't drink... Especially if the groupies drink Jack... I have a weakness for groupies with Jack bottles.... :eek:

I heard he does stumble on the no drink thing on occaision....Did they miss Elk Grove Village this year?I believe they were on the same weekend last year.

Divemaster
01-23-2009, 08:37 AM
I just looked up on the KCBS site and the Elk Grove Comp isn't listed... I did find mention in their news letter (http://www.elkgroverotary.com/index_files/B08Jan.pdf) that it remains the same weekend as this comp. They are saying it's June 13 & 14th (Saturday & Sunday).

I don't know if this is going to put a crimp in any ones plans... I'm still going to Wisconsin!

U2CANQUE
01-23-2009, 09:02 AM
I am even passing the first year contest in Trotwood, OH to head up to this one....but, then again, no responses from the Trotwood folks anyway....so, guessing not going to be that much of a loss......

Scottie
01-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Did they miss Elk Grove Village this year?I believe they were on the same weekend last year.

Alex went down to Mt. Vernon and won the GC down there that weekend instead of EGV...

Scottie
01-23-2009, 09:35 AM
I am even passing the first year contest in Trotwood, OH to head up to this one....but, then again, no responses from the Trotwood folks anyway....so, guessing not going to be that much of a loss......

You need to make it over to Illinois or Wisconsin for a contest this year. We have a good time. Not that far from the Cleveland area.

U2CANQUE
01-23-2009, 10:25 AM
I was planning on at least the Westmont contest, deciding between that and Roc City Rib Fest in NY.....but, yeah, want to start making more ventures out that way....a lot of really great teams....not that you didnt know that one....:-D

U2CANQUE
01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
and, Shannon is on my must do, heard so many great things about that contest too

Scottie
01-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Shannon and Westmont are 2 good ones.. I might be partial to Westmont though.... I like the 2 minute drive to contests... :roll:

U2CANQUE
01-23-2009, 10:33 AM
damn, now that would be nice....I saw the clip of you doing a show about the contest, and know a lot of the teams that went last year, and they all spoke highly of the contest....and then I like what I have heard about Shannon....that it is just pure cooking.....again, with a great field of teams

Stitch
01-23-2009, 05:29 PM
This year we are doing the golf cart as grand but it will be tricked out as no cart before it. and a mini chopper as grand res with some cash for both. We are also having the bike raffle with a 09 Road King with only 275 tickets being sold, and a raffle for this grill with only 50 tickets being sold.

Stitch
02-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Just a note for anyone that might have printed a comp form from the web page. Billy and I talked and do to the economy I have lowered the entry fee.

Divemaster
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Just a note for anyone that might have printed a comp form from the web page. Billy and I talked and do to the economy I have lowered the entry fee.

I noticed that... Even at the old fee I would have been there... Sending out my entry form tonight!

U2CANQUE
03-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Grins, do we get a sneak peek yet at the GC Pimp my cart and RGC Mini-chopper....
I am waiting to see if Trotwood, OH gets their proclimation, or exemption for their proclimation....but, lets see, Bikes, Babes (I know, I know, sexist), and BBQ....that is a hard deal to pass up....

Divemaster
03-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Here are some from last year....

1st Annual "Wolf it Down" Competition (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/album.php?albumid=99)

TNTdancergirl
03-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Last years event was my first comp I ever was at...I only dropped in and ate good food....This year I got a job!!! YES Dive gave me an official job! I am the official box lady! :rolleyes: Not to be confuzed with the lunch lady! :-D

Coz
03-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Guessing that I know who you are I think you should charge him plenty for being his "box lady".

Divemaster
03-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Guessing that I know who you are I think you should charge him plenty for being his "box lady".
With friends like you.....

Ford
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Right on! :biggrin:

Divemaster
03-12-2009, 08:14 AM

Right on! :biggrin:
And another supposed friend chimes in....

Actually, I going to make sure your chair is in my site for this comp... I learned more about preparing boxes at this comp from you than any where else.... (I'm soooooo trying not to get this thread moved to the Woodpile) Hoping that you'll have some suggestions on her training...

Coz
03-12-2009, 06:41 PM
YA mean your not takin her to school with ya....

Divemaster
03-13-2009, 07:50 AM
YA mean your not takin her to school with ya....
Oh, I've got her 'other training' under control... At least I think I have control... I'll have to ask her... lol

Coz
03-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Control is just an illusion my friend....

TNTdancergirl
03-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Actually, I going to make sure your chair is in my site for this comp... I learned more about preparing boxes at this comp from you than any where else.... (I'm soooooo trying not to get this thread moved to the Woodpile) Hoping that you'll have some suggestions on her training...

I am a good trainee....:-D
Oh, I've got her 'other training' under control... At least I think I have control... I'll have to ask her... lol

Control is just an illusion my friend....

ABRACADABRA....................:icon_wink

Coz
03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
ABRACADABRA....................:icon_wink[/quote]
This has wondering who has who under contro l:twisted:

Stitch
03-23-2009, 07:55 AM
All prizes are being customized for your enjoyment. I will post pics in a couple of weeks.

Ford
04-10-2009, 03:10 PM
It's official. The checks in the mail. Now if Coz is helping me I figure that golf cart is all mine. Just got to get him to cook the food like he did last year. :eek: And this time I'll bring the KK's from home. Easy for me to get. And I'm thinking dinner Friday night may be a full slab of NY Strip. Hope some other team bakes taters to share.:mrgreen:

So Stitch - are we moving out to the field across the road this year or are we all getting together where we were last year?

Let me go on record now as saying I'll gladly donate all my leftovers to you guys again if you want them. And I think I may just decide to stay over if we're invited.

Divemaster
04-10-2009, 04:01 PM
It's official. The checks in the mail. Now if Coz is helping me I figure that golf cart is all mine. Just got to get him to cook the food like he did last year. :eek: And this time I'll bring the KK's from home. Easy for me to get. And I'm thinking dinner Friday night may be a full slab of NY Strip. Hope some other team bakes taters to share.:mrgreen:

So Stitch - are we moving out to the field across the road this year or are we all getting together where we were last year?

Let me go on record now as saying I'll gladly donate all my leftovers to you guys again if you want them. And I think I may just decide to stay over if we're invited.

Good questions, but know this... I'm gunning for that title this year!

I did like the wind block from the trees last year, but I can understand the need for more space... Any idea how many teams are going to be there this year?

Coz
04-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Would any one Llike some fresh grilled salmon if I get a chance to get some fresh ones?I could make Salmon Fit For A Queen.Grilled salmon withcrab stuffing and shrimp over the top.Good stuff maynard.

Stitch
04-16-2009, 05:10 PM
We cleared about another acer of the wood so we should have more room. which we might wood chip not to sure yet. We are also finishing up the new outside bar. and working on more plugs-in. We are going to see how this year goes. If all is good we will move it across the street next year. You guys are always welcome to stay. Tiny is going to be your guys helper this year, so if you need anything when you get there he we take care of you.
Thank you all
Stitch

P.S. waiting for the cart to get back for paint and will get you pics asap

P.

Ford
04-17-2009, 07:44 AM
We cleared about another acer of the wood so we should have more room. which we might wood chip not to sure yet. We are also finishing up the new outside bar. and working on more plugs-in. We are going to see how this year goes. If all is good we will move it across the street next year. You guys are always welcome to stay. Tiny is going to be your guys helper this year, so if you need anything when you get there he we take care of you.
Thank you all
Stitch

P.S. waiting for the cart to get back for paint and will get you pics asap

P.
That's great. Can you please ask Tiny to hold the same spot as last year for the returning GC? I expect to pull in mid morning Friday. I think Tiny was the first person I met there last year and he was sweeping up the bar area from Thursday night fun. I always try to look after the organizers team on Friday night so I'll let Tiny know when the NY strip Loin will be ready. Plan on smoking a whole one. Now if some other team does baked taters we'd be in good shape.

Divemaster
04-17-2009, 08:53 AM
That's great. Can you please ask Tiny to hold the same spot as last year for the returning GC? I expect to pull in mid morning Friday.
I think it should be for this years GC (I'm thinking me :mrgreen:) I may be there before you anyway... It's only a couple of hours north for me and I'm figuring on being there around 9:00...

I always try to look after the organizers team on Friday night so I'll let Tiny know when the NY strip Loin will be ready. Plan on smoking a whole one. Now if some other team does baked taters we'd be in good shape.

I got ya covered on the potatoes... Rubbed down with garlic butter, sprinkled with kosher salt, and wrapped in foil to hold the moisture. I'll also have butter, sour cream, and chives...

Heck, I may even bring out a bunch of ABT's and Moik balls...

Ford
04-17-2009, 09:45 AM
I think it should be for this years GC (I'm thinking me :mrgreen:) I may be there before you anyway... It's only a couple of hours north for me and I'm figuring on being there around 9:00...
Have to get up early as I was there at about nine last year. I like to be off 294 by 7:00 to avoid some of the heavy traffic. That means I leave GR around 4:00 - 4:30 EDT.

And it's not when you get there it's about who you know and your credentials.

http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/tattoo.jpg

Divemaster
04-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Have to get up early as I was there at about nine last year. I like to be off 294 by 7:00 to avoid some of the heavy traffic. That means I leave GR around 4:00 - 4:30 EDT.

I feel the same way about 294... I do have a couple of back roads I can take, or I may just go up the night before and stay at my families summer house that is only 15 miles away...

And it's not when you get there it's about who you know and your credentials.

I'm not so sure about that... If I recall, the order in parking was (right to left) you, Mike, Me.... Final order was you (GC), Mike (RGC), and me (3rd)...

Remember, it's always better to be lucky than good... lol (Just a note, I've been working on the 'Good' part and you can ask my GF, when I'm good, I'm good... When I'm bad, I'm better!:eek:)

Coz
04-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Damn it Ford should I just go park in the spot after work thursday?I could throw a WSM in the car to feed myself and have breakfast ready when you get there.I am sure there would be a few of the club thursday who would help with my leftovers....

Divemaster
04-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Coz man, that's low...

Ford
04-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Damn it Ford should I just go park in the spot after work thursday?I could throw a WSM in the car to feed myself and have breakfast ready when you get there.I am sure there would be a few of the club thursday who would help with my leftovers....
I think we should be able to rely on our contest organizers to make sure that the Returning GC gets the appropriate spot. Besides you need your sleep. If I'm going to party you have to cook. And my truck is bigger than Jeff's unless he got a new one so I'll just push him out of the way.

Coz man, that's low...
It's good to have friends. Especially ones that also can say they have a GC and are willing to come out and help.

You know Billy will probably cook this year and grab that spot for himself.

Divemaster
04-17-2009, 06:21 PM
You take the spot... I've got my own good luck charm.

BTW, I don't think Billy is cooking. He said he was going to be there but I don't know what he is doing.

Ford
04-17-2009, 06:45 PM
You take the spot... I've got my own good luck charm.

BTW, I don't think Billy is cooking. He said he was going to be there but I don't know what he is doing.
Well if he isn't cooking that only leaves one thing. :eek::eek: God help us all.

Stitch
04-22-2009, 09:08 AM
I was think thiss year we could have Billy dress in his favorite outfit :eek: and then we put him on a tricycle and have him ride around:shock:. while we all take shots at him with a paintball gun.:twisted:

Divemaster
04-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I was think thiss year we could have Billy dress in his favorite outfit :eek: and then we put him on a tricycle and have him ride around:shock:. while we all take shots at him with a paintball gun.:twisted:
It's a good thing you like him... hate to see what would happen if you didn't!

Stitch
04-22-2009, 09:26 AM
The sad part is that billy would most likely do it

Divemaster
05-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Well, I just found our entry form, waiting for a check and a stamp hiding on my desk...

It's going out today. Hope there is still room!!!!