PDA

View Full Version : The Jack Daniels Draw

Pages : 1 [2]

Ron_L
09-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Congrats everyone... time to submit our app to a local contest that weekend.

Sorry, Todd...

Congrats to all who were drawn!

U2CANQUE
09-04-2008, 04:19 PM
congrats to all, glad to see Ulcer get in.......Big Mike, you knew you were in for Ohio....Shigs in Pit should be a good showing team....pretty damn consistant......glad to see ones like Show Me Your Bones represent the Fairbanks Typhoon well.......Podge had the relaxation day, but, I am sure that he tipped back one or two this afternoon just because.......and congrats to all the other Brethren who get to make the journey to Meccah

SmokeInDaEye
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Congrats everyone... time to submit our app to a local contest that weekend.

Sorry you didn't make it, Todd. It was definitely deserved after such a great year.

Congrats to Phil/Brethren, iQue, ISS, Lunchmeat, and so many other names I recognized on there. Some day I hope to have the chance to get my bung pulled!:mrgreen:

jiarby
09-04-2008, 04:36 PM
how did ritter get on there twice!?

Dustaway
09-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Congratulations to Ritter's BBQ & Ritter's BBQ Two both Doug & Carole got drawn for the jack

BBQchef33
09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
ok.. so we're in.

NOW reality just hit after reading the roster.

I think i just chit.

congratulations to everyone..... the wait was the best part...now the work starts.

U2CANQUE
09-04-2008, 04:46 PM
yeah, like I said, now I know how all you that were eligible were when you were young, waiting on Santa.....but, Santa never pulled any Bungs like this.....

Jorge
09-04-2008, 04:47 PM
how did ritter get on there twice!?

Husband and wife, that take no prisoners. They can both cook!:lol:

Is this a first? The Wades come to mind, but if they've done it I don't remember it.

HoDeDo
09-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Congrats everyone! Wish I could be there cooking with you!

U2CANQUE
09-04-2008, 04:54 PM
tell your partner Congrats.....glad that Ulcer got in.....you got some of your side kicks going again.......wish we could have even qualified.....damn, keep going back to that whole .0006......have a blast!!

lunchlady
09-04-2008, 04:59 PM
you'll be there in spirit Andy...

I think that everyone, when sitting up on BBQ Hill, takes stock of WHAT and WHO got them there... that's just another part of what makes it so special.

congrats to everyone that made it in!

Solidkick
09-04-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm a little disappointed that the MO draw wasn't someone from here on the forum....any one of our Brethren brothers would have represented very well.

I am excited Will Deal got in....what a super guy!

Ok MoFos........next year, we're taking no prisoners!

Best of luck and a big CONGRATS to all that gets the chance to cook the Jack!

BBQchef33
09-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Congrats everyone! Wish I could be there cooking with you!

you'll be there in spirit Andy...

Kinda makes ya wanna go.....

Hmmmmmm ??:wink:

big brother smoke
09-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Congrats to all that qualified and those whom get to compete.

Jorge
09-04-2008, 05:12 PM

You need to talk to his wife, Phil:mrgreen:

Bigmista
09-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Congrats to JayBird, VisionQuest and DivaHerself!

Butcher BBQ
09-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey, were in for OK. Congrats to everyone else and see you out there.

Bigmista
09-04-2008, 05:18 PM
ok.. so we're in.

I think i just chit.

congratulations to everyone..... the wait was the best part...now the work starts.

Can Thom and I come cook with you? :mrgreen:

Double D's BBQ
09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Congratulations to everyone that made it!

Congratulations also to those that didn't get their name called. You had to be a winner just to get to the draw!

Desertdog
09-04-2008, 05:34 PM

Absolutely! Otis and the Bird and Rhythm and Que will be proudly representing the great state of Arizona! Good luck you guys!

Dean

toys4dlr
09-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Jay & Monica and Vince and Alexa, the 2 teams from AZ, way to go guys.

To Everyone else, a big congrats to all that got their Bung hole picked and those that had their name on a bung hole but did not get picked.

MAn this might end up in the woodpile. :mrgreen:

CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!!

G$
09-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Amen!

Vince RnQ
09-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Holy Cow!!! We're goin' to Lynchburg!!!

This is absolutely unbelievable.

Congratulations to all of the hard working teams out there who got a little bit lucky today and made it through the draw. We're looking forward to meeting all of you and to experiencing one of the most incredible events we'll ever be fortunate enough to attend.

I know there are also many disappointed hard working teams who didn't make it this year and although it is likely small consolation at least one team will be keeping you in mind and will be drawing inspiration from all of your efforts.

smknwhlswife
09-04-2008, 06:29 PM

You... my friend......are in trouble!!!:evil::wink:

That's better.:lol:

Andy sooooooooo owes me. I'm thinking a trip for 2 somewhere.......hmmmm.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ique
09-04-2008, 06:39 PM

Recruiting ringers is not allowed. :mad: :wink:

Jaybird
09-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks everyone, we knew we were goin in May but to see Rythym 'n' Que headin to Lynchburg with us to rep the state of Arizona......PRICELESS. Congrats to all who got drawn. And like Vince said to those teams that didn't get drawn....you all have alot to be proud of and win some more GC's cause next season has already started. Good luck and thanks again.

NotleyQue
09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Congrats Vince an Alexia, you guys busted your asses to get there. Im glad I get to cook against you guys all the time. Im rooting for ya.

Congrats to everyone else that made it to the show.

Holy Cow!!! We're goin' to Lynchburg!!!

This is absolutely unbelievable.

Congratulations to all of the hard working teams out there who got a little bit lucky today and made it through the draw. We're looking forward to meeting all of you and to experiencing one of the most incredible events we'll ever be fortunate enough to attend.

I know there are also many disappointed hard working teams who didn't make it this year and although it is likely small consolation at least one team will be keeping you in mind and will be drawing inspiration from all of your efforts.

smknwhlswife
09-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Congrats to everyone who is going! I hear it is a blast.

MilitantSquatter
09-04-2008, 06:56 PM
ok.. so we're in.

I think i just chit.

WOO HOO !!! It's official !!! BBQ-BRETHREN.COM is going to the JACK !!

Just finished booking the flight and car rental. I'll be flying in with Phil's son James.

Nest stop is KC for the Americal Royal but couldn't resist the avatar for the moment !!

Alexa RnQ
09-04-2008, 07:01 PM
the wait was the best part...now the work starts.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

The logistics are just starting to dawn.

Bbq Bubba
09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Congrats to the lucky few that made the draw!
Congrats to Jim from All Day Smoke for being the Michigan representative!
Someday i hope to have my bung pulled......:cool:

nancee
09-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Congrats to all!!! Enjoy...
nancee

Bunny
09-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Congats to all who made the Jack and to those who won GC over the year. You're all winners!

Bunny

jiarby
09-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Nobody had worked harder than Jay & Vince out here in Arizona, it is great to see TWO teams from here representing AZ (and NV!) at the Jack....

The last AZ team at the Jack won RESERVE CHAMPS! I think either one of these two can win the whole thing!

ThomEmery
09-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Can Thom and I come cook with you? :mrgreen:

Now there is an idea :)

Ron_L
09-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Someday I hope to have my bung pulled......:cool:

You did say that you are coming to Libertyville, didn't you? :biggrin:

Sorry... Couldn't resist... :rolleyes:

QN
09-04-2008, 08:13 PM

I have a couple of WSM's and an easy up if anyone needs them. Send me a PM and I can arrange for them to be in Lynchburg.

VA BBQ PIRATES
09-04-2008, 08:34 PM
The Virginia BBQ Pirates got our bung pulled!! Congrats to all and can't wait to meet everyone. BTW - any one know what the record is for the most teams from 1 state is?

Tom

Big George's BBQ
09-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Congrats to all who got the call. Good luck

BBQchef33
09-04-2008, 08:46 PM

Real logisitcs is tying it into the American royal. hows this sound..

Leave NY Tues with trailer to KC 1200 miles, arrive Wed night/Thurs morn.
3 teammates Fly in thursday to KCI
KC brothers supplying meats
AR fri/sat/sun
3 Teamate fly home Sunday
3 haul trailer to nashville, 554 miles, we store trailer for 3 weeks.
Drive home from nashville to NY, 940 miles, but no trailer.

wait 3 weeks

Leave Tues for lynchburg, arrive wednesday pick up trailer and do some shopping
Team flies in Thursday
Jack Friday/Saturday
3 of Team flies home sunday
3 haul trailer back to NY 1000 miles with stops along the way to fish, hangout, drink and celebrate.

arrive home..tues/wed... sleep for a week.

:biggrin:

someone say logistics? :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Vince RnQ
09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks everyone, we knew we were goin in May but to see Rythym 'n' Que headin to Lynchburg with us to rep the state of Arizona......PRICELESS. Congrats to all who got drawn. And like Vince said to those teams that didn't get drawn....you all have alot to be proud of and win some more GC's cause next season has already started. Good luck and thanks again.

Jaybird, we've cooked damn near every contest this season against/with each other. It just makes sense that we hit this one together too. Talk about a road trip!!!

Congrats Vince an Alexia, you guys busted your asses to get there. Im glad I get to cook against you guys all the time. Im rooting for ya.

Congrats to everyone else that made it to the show.

Thanks, Gary. No matter what happens, it's gonna be one helluva lot of fun!

Nobody had worked harder than Jay & Vince out here in Arizona, it is great to see TWO teams from here representing AZ (and NV!) at the Jack....

The last AZ team at the Jack won RESERVE CHAMPS! I think either one of these two can win the whole thing!

That's about as kind a compliment as we can imagine receiving. I'm really happy we had a chance to spend some time with you at Taylor last week. You guys did a great job in your first KCBS event and I know you'll have that monster UDS figured out by the next competition. We'll do our best to make Arizona proud!

Vince RnQ
09-04-2008, 08:50 PM
I have a couple of WSM's and an easy up if anyone needs them. Send me a PM and I can arrange for them to be in Lynchburg.

Thanks, we just might take you up on that offer. We've got to do some thinking and planning, (just booked our room in Murfreesboro), and then we have to decide if we're going to pull the trailer from the Ninth Ring of Hell all the way to the Promised Land or not. We should have that figured out in a day or two...I hope.

Just Pulin' Pork
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Real logisitcs is tying it into the American royal. hows this sound..

Leave NY Tues with trailer to KC 1200 miles, arrive Wed night/Thurs morn.
3 teammates Fly in thursday to KCI
KC brothers supplying meats
AR fri/sat/sun
3 Teamate fly home Sunday
3 haul trailer to nashville, 554 miles, we store trailer for 3 weeks.
Drive home from nashville to NY, 940 miles, but no trailer.

wait 3 weeks

Leave Tues for lynchburg, arrive wednesday pick up trailer and do some shopping
Team flies in Thursday
Jack Friday/Saturday
3 of Team flies home sunday
3 haul trailer back to NY 1000 miles with stops along the way to fish, hangout, drink and celebrate.

arrive home..tues/wed... sleep for a week.

:biggrin:

someone say logistics? :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

That is one hell of a trip! Good luck to you and everyone else!

Plowboy
09-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Sorry you didn't make it, Todd. It was definitely deserved after such a great year.

Congrats to Phil/Brethren, iQue, ISS, Lunchmeat, and so many other names I recognized on there. Some day I hope to have the chance to get my bung pulled!:mrgreen:

It's all good. I wasn't very worked up about it to begin with. We were up against too many teams to expect anything. Every year I feel the same way... so many great teams that aren't on that field, but so many great ones that are. It was fun just to be part of the draw and have something to wish for.

Getting a draw is about what you achieved, and we had three. Getting to Lynchburg, except for the 7+ crowd, is all about luck. Here in MO, KS, and OK... you need a lot of luck if you want to go. Just the way it is.

The year isn't over. I still have seven contests left... :eek: Just dropped off my trailer for the contest here in Blue Springs this weekend. Time to work for 2009 draws and AMR invitation. :icon_clown

Come to the Royal, Clint!!!

Chris Nickelson
09-04-2008, 09:13 PM
congrats to all that got the bung treatment!

Diva
09-04-2008, 09:15 PM
It was fun just to be part of the draw and have something to wish for.

Great attitude! It's all about the fun of it, trying to get in. We were, what I'd like to call, a SEVERE longshot, but, hey, wtf!

I would have liked to cook it, however, I'll be heading down there for the party! Heh, heh, heh!

HoDeDo
09-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Kinda makes ya wanna go.....Hmmmmmm ??:wink:

You... my friend......are in trouble!!!:evil::wink:
That's better.:lol: Andy sooooooooo owes me. I'm thinking a trip for 2 somewhere.......hmmmm.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I go and pack a trailer for Canada - and you are already gettin my wonderful bride of 10 years fired up, I see :razz:
She's been wanting an Ireland trip... or Italy. :shock: I think the only one in the budget is to a wonderful couch at Chateau Pooh.... and midnight pizza 8-)
Don't make any promises I can't keep :wink:

Recruiting ringers is not allowed. :mad: :wink:
Based on the GAB invitational, I'd say it's safe I dont fall in that catagory :rolleyes: :razz:

Diva
09-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey, Lil' Bit, you're more than welcome to hitch a ride down with me and Val! :tongue:

HoDeDo
09-04-2008, 10:12 PM
It's all good. I wasn't very worked up about it to begin with. We were up against too many teams to expect anything. Every year I feel the same way... so many great teams that aren't on that field, but so many great ones that are. It was fun just to be part of the draw and have something to wish for.

Getting a draw is about what you achieved, and we had three. Getting to Lynchburg, except for the 7+ crowd, is all about luck. Here in MO, KS, and OK... you need a lot of luck if you want to go. Just the way it is.

The year isn't over. I still have seven contests left... :eek: Just dropped off my trailer for the contest here in Blue Springs this weekend. Time to work for 2009 draws and AMR invitation. :icon_clown

I had alot of fun texting / emailing and generally trying to figure the odds and the game!!! Nothing is going to feel like Pleasant Hill this year, or Burlington or any of the fun we have had. Just another chapter, and as always, a good one. And THAT is what it is all about.

And heck yes, it is on to the next Draw!!! 8-)
Next stop Hot Springs!!!!:twisted:

swamprb
09-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Congratulations to all the Brethren teams that made the draw and the PNWBA teams from Washington, Oregon and British Columbia! Smokin' Ty's, Ella's Barbecue, Dances With Smoke and Mad Cow BBQ.

Chris Nickelson
09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I had alot of fun texting / emailing and generally trying to figure the odds and the game!!! Nothing is going to feel like Pleasant Hill this year, or Burlington or any of the fun we have had. Just another chapter, and as always, a good one. And THAT is what it is all about.

And heck yes, it is on to the next Draw!!! 8-)
Next stop Hot Springs!!!!:twisted:

Same for us!
It's been a fun year for sure.
And I tell ya, when you think you've seen it all, just go to the next comp and you'll see something new that'll just shock ya!!

Jeff_in_KC
09-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Congrats to all who got their bung pulled! While we didn't really expect to be pulled, I was just thrilled to know Lee and I were eligible and were able to experience the anticipation and excitement of being included. Hey, it was cool just knowing Sloppy Creek BBQ had a bung in Lynchburg today! Can't wait til next year!

Vince RnQ
09-05-2008, 12:19 AM

Todd, your post is 100% class. I hope we get the chance one day to meet, compete and cheer for each other at the awards ceremony.

Jaberwabee
09-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Congrats to all you Farkers that got in, you deserve it! I was reading the draw on KCBS before I came to this thread, and it was very cool seeing ,and actually cheering (my wife thinks I am crazy) the list. I was cheering every time I saw a Brethren name on the list. Very nice job guys, and gals.

QN
09-05-2008, 05:37 AM

The WSMs and easy up are taken. If anyone else needs help PM me and I'll see what I can do. I live about an hour from Lynchburg. There is only one small grocery store there and what they carry is very limited. Also, it is a DRY county.

Diva Q
09-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Congratulations to all those teams who were included in the draw and to those who got their bungs pulled. You are all champions.
To those who will be attending we are looking forward to meeting you in Lynchburg. Please stop by and say hi or have a cold one with us. We are staying in Tullahoma at the Jamieson Inn. We will be coming in on Wednesday.

All the the best to you and your Q.

WannaBeBBQueen
09-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Congrats to all...very nice~!!:biggrin:

Bellybro
09-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Congrats to everyone who got their bung pulled!

goodsmokebbq
09-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Congrats to everyone in the draw!

MAB52
09-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Congratulations to everyone that made it to the draw and to them that got drawn!

Bunny
09-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Disappointed you won't be there Jeff and Lee and Tammy,:cry: but will stop by and see you Steph and definately have a cold one.:wink:

Bunny

Divemaster
09-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Wow what a ride and I wasn't even in the draw!!!!

You guys are an insperation to me. This is our first year doing compititions and I have met nothing but true class acts. After following this thread, I know that it wasn't just a show.

Congrats to all that even qualified to be drawn let alone actually have your bung pulled.

In the true sense of the Chicago Cubs.... Wait till next year!

Jorge
09-05-2008, 09:52 AM
After saying I couldn't go for weeks, negotiations have begun at home. Anybody know a cutthroat corporate attorney that I can retain?

Divemaster
09-05-2008, 09:59 AM
After saying I couldn't go for weeks, negotiations have begun at home. Anybody know a cutthroat corporate attorney that I can retain?
I got one... He works for 'Duey, Screewem, and How'

StayDown
09-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Congrats to all the Brethren that made it into the Jack and to all of those eligible.

A big congrats to Mike from Eagle River

Big Mike
09-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks Bud, I'm excited to get there.

How's things going for yall.

Dale P
09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Congratulations from the P Brothers! big time!

MrSmoker
09-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Congrats to all the Brethren that are competing,especially my Az Brothers and Sisters. I hope you can get everyone together for a Brethren group Picture. Good luck and have a safe trip.

watertowerbbq
09-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm a little disappointed that the MO draw wasn't someone from here on the forum

I hope I'm not speaking out of school, but even though the MO draw wasn't a member, Fred Horstman from 4 Mile Smokin Crew is a good guy and a very worthy contestant. He's from nearby and is a top flight cook.

Congratulations to all of those drawn and congratulations to all of your who were in the running but didn't make it. It must be disappointing, but you guys are still great cooks and maybe next year will be the year. Someday I hope to win a contest and have a chance to dream!

JD McGee
09-05-2008, 10:11 PM
All this talk about the "Jack" has me dreaming...sigh...someday! :-P Good luck to all!