PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment New Michigan Contest -Cedar Springs 9-26-27

Ford
08-02-2008, 05:58 AM
It's official. We have a new contest in Cedar Springs MI on Sept 26-27. For this year it will be run using KCBS rules but will not be sanctioned (not enough time). It will be a State Championship and a qualifier for the Jack if we get 15 teams. It will be run in conjunction with the Red Flannel Festival so I pretty much guarantee a good turnout of spectators. There will be some type of people choice as we're replacing the chili cookoff. A lot of details to work out but what I know for sure is that it will pay out better than $3k and probably closer to $5k - more to follow soon. They are going to work with Mike Terry (GLBBQA president) and myself on the logistics so you can be assured there will be adequate porta pottys, water, power, ice and space for the Smokin Sco's motor coach. They already have volunteers so that's one big hurdle crossed.

They are also working with the KCBS on this and I expect that they will get the new kit for non sanctioned first year contests that includes placemats, etc.

Any other Brethren in this area interested in helping with pre planning can contact me. And if you want more info as it is announced you can email Roger Gren rgren at unitysecurity dot com. Roger would love to get some emails from cooks asking for details and expressing interest in the contest.

tonto1117
08-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Great news Ford!! I will shoot Rodger an e-mail.

Spydermike72
08-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Cool deal!! I like the date as well. I cant wait to get this one rolling!!

michiana mark
08-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Interesting, very interesting.:-D

J Appledog
08-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Darn it; I'm going to be in Florida for my nephew's wedding. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help beforehand.

bbqbull
08-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Email sent, have other plans for that week but will help if I can.

Bavarian Smoke
08-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Sounds like another good cook-off for Michigan.

Bbq Bubba
08-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Interesting, very interesting.:-D

Yes, you ARE cooking this one.......:twisted:

Email sent, have other plans for that week but will help if I can.

Dammit Mike, your always busy!!
You should round up the boys and do this one also!

Sounds like another good cook-off for Michigan.

So next year we'll have the quadfecta?? :biggrin:

Spydermike72
08-03-2008, 09:38 AM

We may have 6 next year, as I am working with a group here in my hometown to have a KCBS sanctioned event next year, plus the one that we are trying to get together for Eagle!!

bbqbull
08-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Yes, you ARE cooking this one.......:twisted:

Dammit Mike, your always busy!!
You should round up the boys and do this one also!

Thats our yearly fall fishing trip date unless they change it again.

We may have 6 next year, as I am working with a group here in my hometown to have a KCBS sanctioned event next year, plus the one that we are trying to get together for Eagle!!

Thought Eagle was a secret!

tonto1117
08-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Thought Eagle was a secret!

Why would you think it's a secret...we'd like to get as much interest and momentem going as possible....8)

tonto1117
08-03-2008, 12:09 PM

So would that make it a sextrecta????:shock::biggrin::biggrin:

Bbq Bubba
08-03-2008, 12:54 PM

Only if you bring the Mo Ho.......:lol:8-)

Spydermike72
08-03-2008, 07:04 PM

T!!! Get your mind out of the gutter!! :mrgreen:

michiana mark
08-04-2008, 11:43 AM
[quote=Bbq Bubba;701929]Yes, you ARE cooking this one.......:twisted:

Your'e not the boss of me, you can't tell me what to do. But I'll check with the Misses on this and get back to you.:-P

Ford
08-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Well the politicans are having trouble deciding anything and we met Saturday and decided to cancel for this year. A committee is forming this fall and they will be presenting a full plan for a KCBS contest to the politicans in January. We should have news after that and a fully sanctioned contest ready to go for 2009. That will make 6 southern MI contests next year.

sfisch
08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Damn Ford, that's my birthday weekend, was planning on whooping it up, maybe even drink some more of that rot gut stuff that was going around in Mt. Morris.

Scott

Bbq Bubba
08-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Ford, was looking forward to another.....

Damn Ford, that's my birthday weekend, was planning on whooping it up, maybe even drink some more of that rot gut stuff that was going around in Mt. Morris.

Scott

My B-day too.
I'm your huckleberry! :cool:

Spydermike72
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Well dang, at least I have next year to look forward to...

Scottie
08-19-2008, 10:11 AM
That will make 6 southern MI contests next year.

What are the 6 contests? Grand Rapids, Silver Lake, Mt. Morris...

Thanks

Bbq Bubba
08-19-2008, 10:29 AM

Thanks

Don't tell him, he'll want to be moving up here!!! :twisted:

Scottie
08-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Don't tell him, he'll want to be moving up here!!! :twisted:

I'm going to use my buddies address in Dowagiac... I do like MI cooks though. Will miss all the sand in Mears this year though. Shame, as I have been to the first 2... Wanted to try and stop Jim from a three-peat... :roll:

Bbq Bubba
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm going to use my buddies address in Dowagiac... I do like MI cooks though. Will miss all the sand in Mears this year though. Shame, as I have been to the first 2... Wanted to try and stop Jim from a three-peat... :roll:

Sorry to hear your missing the Sand this year, was looking forward to a GJ with ya!

Spydermike72
08-19-2008, 01:52 PM

Thanks

Auburn Hills (New in 2009), the contest in this thread Cedar Springs and we are also working on one for Flushing MI in 2009, plus the ones that you mention above...

Bbq Bubba
08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Auburn Hills (New in 2009), the contest in this thread Cedar Springs and we are also working on one for Flushing MI in 2009, plus the ones that you mention above...

You forgot Eagle.......

Spydermike72
08-19-2008, 05:25 PM
You forgot Eagle.......

Your right, man I better start saving my money now...

michiana mark
08-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Your right, man I better start saving my money now...

Just use Bubba"s money, why spend yours.