KRE Smokers

Congratulations!!

Plowboy
07-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Congrats to all who walked.

bbqbull
07-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks Julie for the information.

Congrats to all Brethren Teams who made the big walk at this contest.

crewdawg52
07-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Pic of our leader. I will be disowned, banned, ejected, cant wear a kilt, etc, from the Scotsmen :icon_sad.:mrgreen:.......... Our fearless leader. He looks so comfy. His time to be the " Pit person who is not happy". Great logo to go!
(In reality..... he's just going over in his mind the timing how things should go when turin occurs).
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z119/crewdawg52/Taste001.jpg

CajunSmoker
07-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Congrats to all the teams that walked!

bbqbull
07-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Geoff my friend................It was great knowing ya!
Great to meet again last evening, and yes your career disipation line in the corner of Walts eye is growing extreemly fast.
Good knowing you brother.
I may be looking for a teammate if your still alive after posting this photo!
Thoughts and prayers for ya friend.

Ron_L
07-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Geoff, Geoff, Geoff... You are walking a thin line. I'd keep a sharp eye out for the Smo Sco Mo Ho coming up behind you :-D

Congrats to everyone who walked and to the Scotsmen for 5th overall. Anyone have the top tens in the individual categories.

U2CANQUE
07-26-2008, 08:44 PM
congrats to all the Brethren.....another awesome showing....now, go home and SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.......

crewdawg52
07-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Geoff my friend................It was great knowing ya!
Great to meet again last evening, and yes your career disipation line in the corner of Walts eye is growing extreemly fast.
Good knowing you brother.
I may be looking for a teammate if your still alive after posting this photo!
Thoughts and prayers for ya friend.

You to. Great seeing the Mrs, Ruby, and yes, you (in order :wink:). Ya'll take care, and if ya need someone, git me (only if I get disowned of course. kinda like to keep my postion were I'm at)!

Jorge
07-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Pic of our fearless leader. I will be disowned, banned, ejected, cant wear a kilt, etc, from the Scotsmen :icon_sad, but I have to show this........... Our fearless leader after he took his "rest time" earlier in the morning. His time to be the " Pit female who is not happy". Great logo to go!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::mrgreen::wink:

Vivarin and strong coffee will be your new friends.:eek::eek::eek:

Alexa RnQ
07-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Geoff, the downside is that you're going to have to sleep sometime, and payback's a "pit female who is not happy".

Congratulations all!

Double D's BBQ
07-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Congratulations to all who walked. Good representation by the Brethren again!

Dale P
07-27-2008, 07:52 AM
The Shigs would make great brethren. What a bunch of fun people!
Congrats to them and to all the Brothers who got calls.
That was a close one eh Scottie, way to go!

Bud's BBQ
07-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Let's see if we can get this thread back on line. Big congrats to all that walked: Sypdermike and his team kicked ash; the Midwest mafia scored big and kudos to Shigs-in-Pit who took it all.

Great to see old friends and meet new ones. The Taste of GR came through with beautiful weather and a great event.
Big thanks to Merl and Carol - real pleasure to finally meet - outstanding job of repping this event. Thanks also to Julie A for assiting in the event.

Walt & Tonto.

Full Results:

1. Shigs-in-Pit

2. Up in smoke and Chet too

3. Cancer Sucks Chicago

4. Doctor Porkenstein (Doctor Porkensteeeen :-D)

5. Smokin' Scotsmen

6. Downhome BBQ

7. Rubbed Smoked & Sauced

8. Homefires Burnin' BBQ tm

9. Bavarian Smoke BBQ

10. KRE Smokers

Chicken

1. Smokin' Scotsmen

2. Downhome BBQ

3. Shigs-in-Pit

4. BBQ Mole

5. Grilladelic

6. Up In Smoke and Chet too

7. Rubbed Smoked & Sauced

8. DNA Hog Farm

9. Pigs/N/ Digs BBQ tm

10. Extreme Roasters

Ribs

1. Meat Wagon Rescue Grille

2. Up in Smoke and Chet too

3. Cancer Sucks Chicago

4. Jus Blowin' Smoke

5. Dr. Chuckie's BBQ

6. Downhome BBQ

7. Grilladelic

8. Rubbed Smoked and Sauced

9. KRE Smokers

10. Shigs-in-Pit

Pork

1. Shigs-in-Pit

2. KRE Smokers

3. Doctor Porkenstein

4. Meatwagon Rescure Grille

5. Up in Smoke and Chet too

6. Cancer Sucks Chicago

7. Rubbed Smoked and Sauced

8. Downhome BBQ

9. Smokin' Scotsmen

10. All Day Smoke

Brisket

1. Smokin' Scotsmen

2. Doctor Porkenstein

3. Cancer Sucks Chicago

4. Up in Smoke and Chet too

5. Shigs-in-Pit

6. Homefires Burnin' BBQ

7. Port-A-Jon BBQ

8. Pigs-n-Digs BBQ

9. Bavarian Smoke BBQ

10. All Day Smoke

Vivarin and strong coffee will be your new friends.:eek::eek::eek:

Jorge, any chance I can borrow that gun of yours......it would be 'justafiable homicide'. :evil:

Diva Q
07-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Congratulations to all the Brethren forum members and all who got calls.

Congrats to Mike Denise and Hannah from Homefries Burning for a great showing!!!

Neil
07-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Congratulations to all that walked espescially to our Brethren and GLBBQA teams!

Looks like someone could use a CPAP!:biggrin:

Ron_L
07-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Woo hoo! Congrats, Walt, Tonto and team! Great job! I guess that beauty sleep paid off, Walt! :-D

Merl
07-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Rich and John hit it out of the park this year with the 08 taste of Grand Rapids. I have been there many times in the past, and this year had to be one of the best!

It was great to see many old friends and new alike. Some great teams, and especially a few who looked so good on the stage for their first times.

It was also a joy to put faces with those whom I have met through the Great Lakes BBQ association. You all are doing a great job for promoting BBQ in this area. Keep up the magnificent work.

Carol and I enjoyed the hospitality and time with each of your. Julie and Wayne were fun to work with and did an outstanding job.

Again, congratulations to all who got a call.
Merl and Carol

Solidkick
07-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Very nice showing!! Congrats to all that walked!!

Scottie--I hope sometime you'll tell KRE about our site, I'd sure like for them to visit over here. The Bellys met them at Charleston a few years back, they are just super people!

Stefan - Shigs
07-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks for all the well wishing. We had a lot of fun. Scottsmen - nice job on the toast. The tennis courts were the place to be. Seemed like everyone was having fun.

Looking forward to having a couple of weeks off before the Madison broiler with 99% humidity and 105F in the shade. Hope to see a lot of the Brethren there!

Stefan - Shigs In Pit

michiana mark
07-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Nice showing by all the Brethern. Great job Scotsman, 2 first in one contest. Great to see the calls for the Brethern.

Divemaster
07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Way To Go My Brothers And Sisters!!!!!

Ford
07-27-2008, 05:58 PM
I'll echo Merl's comments. It was probably the best they have done. Still no power but otherwise it was top notch and ice service was excellent. If you experienced the problems a few years ago, it sure has changed. So write the organizers and say charge $200 and figure out how to bring in power and raise the prize money and it can truly be a great contest.

I cooked OK and thought my scores were a little low except for the pork that was dog food. Why do I leave it in too long?

And great talking with everybody. Congrats to everybody that walked especially Mike and Walt/Theresa.

And there's a chance we'll have a contest this fall in Cedar Springs - not sanctioned but a qualifier if we can and next year KCBS. As I hear more I'll post it.

Spydermike72
07-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Well what a weekend!! I am just recovering!! It was a great time, RSS got 3 calls and a Top 10 in basically our 2nd comp. Thanks goes out to The Scotsmen for all of their hospitality with a dinner invite and the morning shot (now I have to do that all of the time!!). I had some great neighbors at the Comp, it doesnt get much better than having a spot next to Ford and Carol (Great Lakes BBQ and Feed) - I think Travis is an Honorary member of your Team Ford!! Thanks for the Breakfast invite Ford!! And Bavarian Smoke on the other side, Dick and Lori were a great help and it was great to see you again!!

BBQBull - Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!! It is always a pleasure to see you and to chat for a bit.
Michiana Mark - I feel bad for not looking you up, it got busy around 9:00pm Friday night and didnt slow down from there.

Merl and Carol - It was a great pleasure to finally meet you in person!! I know we didnt get a chance to talk as much as I would have liked but I know we were all a bit busy!! Thanks for repping a great contest along with Julie and Wayne!!

I was in this comp in 06 with another team and I saw it at its worst, but this year it was a treat, great weather, responsvie organizers I think John came by every hour asking if we needed anything and the young fellow on ICE detail was true to his word, even stopping by each teams space on Saturday morning (at least in my area) asking if we needed any ICE. Very much improved over 06 (I was not able to go in 07). It was a pleasure to to be in this comp. Of Course getting a few calls helps that!!

I am proud of all the Brethren and the GLBBQA members that got to hear their names called!!

Dont forget about the Michigan Tri-Fecta!!!

michiana mark
07-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Mike, You didn't miss me, because I wasn't there, But I'll be in MT. Morris. If your'e lucky you'll miss me there too. Congrats.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-28-2008, 05:45 AM
DO'OH!

i think you look very peaceful, walt :biggrin:

great job, brethren!

Divemaster
07-28-2008, 12:34 PM
I guess that beauty sleep paid off, Walt! :-D

Maybe with the cook, but beauty... never....

Sir Smoke A Lot
07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Congrats to all!