PDA

View Full Version : Little Rock Invitational in 2009

CajunSmoker
07-24-2008, 06:35 AM
We got an e-mail yesterday from the organizers of the Pine Bluff and Hot Springs contest. Looks like a really cool contest is in the works

"Hi Folks,

Just a little bit of info that will be in the upcoming BullSheet. On March 13-14, 2009 there will be a Presidential Invitational USA Barbecue Championship held in Little Rock, Arkansas at the Clinton Library to be hosted by President Bill Clinton.

Our son, Ronnie Cates is the organizer and is working closely with the Clinton people.

We hope that you all will mark that date on your calendar and be a part of this prestigious event.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Hot Springs in September and hopefully in Little Rock in March.

Dennis and Betty Cates
Judges Co-Chair
Smoke on the Water BBQ Festival"

Double D's BBQ
07-24-2008, 07:11 AM
That sounds great. Will this be a KCBS sanctioned event or will it be sanctioned by another organization. If Bill Clinton is there, teams better put extra servings in their turn in boxes or will he be coming around sampling the teams Q. I can't help but remember Phil Hartmans skit on SNL where Clinton was jogging and stopped at the McDonalds and was sampling everyones food. Too funny!

Plowboy
07-24-2008, 08:06 AM
That is pretty cool. Wonder how the invitations will work. Will it be state championships like the AMR and GAB or something more like the Jack or Best of the Best?

HoDeDo
07-24-2008, 08:13 AM
I thought I had heard Pine Bluff was moving to Little Rock in a year or so.... wonder if this is part of that same rumor...

Plowboy
07-24-2008, 08:14 AM
That sounds great. Will this be a KCBS sanctioned event or will it be sanctioned by another organization. If Bill Clinton is there, teams better put extra servings in their turn in boxes or will he be coming around sampling the teams Q. I can't help but remember Phil Hartmans skit on SNL where Clinton was jogging and stopped at the McDonalds and was sampling everyones food. Too funny!

And lock up your daughters. :cool:

If it is going to be in the Bullsheet, it is likely to be KCBS run.