PDA

View Full Version : Contest Results 3rd Annual Jim Dandy's BBQ Cook Off, 12-13 Sep 08, Sharonville, OH ***Results Added***

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Anyone going to this? it's too close for me not to go

Big Mike
07-20-2008, 08:34 PM
I haven't decided yet.

The Pigman
07-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes it will be my second comp......when I got home tonight from Kettering there was a letter waiting for me from my family. My family.. sisters, brothers, neices and nephews and sons that had come up to see me and stayed for the awards at Kettering all signed a card and put the money in the envelope for Jim Dandys Cookoff..............I am a lucky Man. I will see you all there

Bbq Bubba
07-20-2008, 09:28 PM

Somebody got bitten.......:cool:

I haven't decided yet.

Reigning state champ.....you have too!! :twisted:

U2CANQUE
07-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah, will be there with Dallas of Double D's....looking forward to it!

Double D's BBQ
07-21-2008, 04:37 AM
It will be great to see a lot of Ohio teams compete for the first leg of the Ohio Jack draw for next year! Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Dress cool it will be hot and no shade. Competing on Asphalt!

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-21-2008, 05:37 AM
Somebody got bitten.......:cool:

i've got to improve on that sorry ash brisket showing! :wink:

Dale P
07-21-2008, 03:28 PM
we are a solid maybe.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-21-2008, 06:28 PM
i'm going. jim dandy's is a sponsor of the non-profit charity that i'm involved with, the reggae run (http://www.reggaerun.com/)
i do the reggae run website

cmcadams
07-21-2008, 09:38 PM
We'll be there

Rick's Tropical Delight
08-05-2008, 05:47 AM
the entry form says to register by 10 Aug! :eek:

who's in?

U2CANQUE
08-05-2008, 09:02 AM
It said in the press release that he was expecting 40 or something teams.....but, was not sure who all was heading in for it......hmmmm, big ol chevy on the ford lot.....laughs

The Pigman
08-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Its right up the road for me and I'll be there. Rick Greg wants to know if the boateggs are on for breakfast.............

Double D's BBQ
08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
It said in the press release that he was expecting 40 or something teams.....but, was not sure who all was heading in for it......hmmmm, big ol chevy on the ford lot.....laughs

Yep, another reason to stay up all night, just in case!:-D

U2CANQUE
08-05-2008, 05:04 PM
:lol:well, some have big Chevy's, and others have HAWG A$$ CHEVYS.....but, much like smoker envy

cmcadams
08-05-2008, 05:06 PM
We're planning on being there.. should be room for anyone.

Rick's Tropical Delight
08-27-2008, 05:52 AM
only 16 teams signed up for this one. why so little?

U2CANQUE
08-27-2008, 06:52 AM
there has not been a lot of postings about it...no web site to see who all is going to be there...but, other than that....not too sure

Big Mike, your runner says that you had better be there...otherwise what will she have to do? Hope you get a sudden burst of energy and decide to come....and hopefully there can be a push on teams as it approaches....at least the extra 9 more teams....from the way they made it sound though, even though it is at the Ford plant, that it is more park like than parking lot like.....

JD McGee
08-27-2008, 09:54 AM

Glad to see you hittin' the comp trail bro! :-P How's the "Egg Hauler" comin'?

Big Mike
08-27-2008, 11:15 AM
there has not been a lot of postings about it...no web site to see who all is going to be there...but, other than that....not too sure

Big Mike, your runner says that you had better be there...otherwise what will she have to do? Hope you get a sudden burst of energy and decide to come....and hopefully there can be a push on teams as it approaches....at least the extra 9 more teams....from the way they made it sound though, even though it is at the Ford plant, that it is more park like than parking lot like.....

Unfortunately Rob, it is not energy holding me back right now.

Rick's Tropical Delight
08-28-2008, 05:53 AM
Glad to see you hittin' the comp trail bro! :-P How's the "Egg Hauler" comin'?

yep, this'll be my second. looks like a smaller comp so it won't be so stressful (right!)

i got half my order for the core trax tie down system for the trailer. they shorted me a few pieces and they are supposedly sending those now........... still wating for the title to come in the mail

Double D's BBQ
08-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Maybe a few members of the A Team could help us out here. 9 more teams will make this one of the first qualifiers for next years Jack and with only two qualifiers in Ohio........so far..........well you've got to like those odds.

Podge
08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe a few members of the A Team could help us out here. 9 more teams will make this one of the first qualifiers for next years Jack and with only two qualifiers in Ohio........so far..........well you've got to like those odds.

I've thought hard about it but i now have a paying gig on Sept. 14. I'll be in Nashville, In. next weekend, and visiting owensboro. It'll be a busy month already. Besides, I can't bear losing to you again by .0002 !!:sad:.. man, was that a close contest !!!... If you're going to Nashville, maybe we can drink a beer and laugh

Double D's BBQ
08-28-2008, 10:54 AM
You know Podge, I was thinking of posting a question on the Barbecue Forum to see if there was ever a contest where the top three were separated by less than.0008 of a point. Some crazy things had to happen to all of us for that to happen. My contribution was a 31st place in ribs (after last years 3rd place in ribs at Madison) and I keep torturing myself by saying if I could only have finished 30th! But seriously for a newbie like myself it was an honor to finish that close with such an accomplished group as you and Randy.

We will be at Nashville next weekend and I'm bringing my Fatboy with me this time. I look forward to having a beer with you Podge!

Dallas

Podge
08-28-2008, 02:48 PM
You know Podge, I was thinking of posting a question on the Barbecue Forum to see if there was ever a contest where the top three were separated by less than.0008 of a point. Some crazy things had to happen to all of us for that to happen. My contribution was a 31st place in ribs (after last years 3rd place in ribs at Madison) and I keep torturing myself by saying if I could only have finished 30th! But seriously for a newbie like myself it was an honor to finish that close with such an accomplished group as you and Randy.

We will be at Nashville next weekend and I'm bringing my Fatboy with me this time. I look forward to having a beer with you Podge!

Dallas

You may have won if you used that Fat Boy !!..

The Pigman
08-28-2008, 03:29 PM

The only grass I see is a strip down the center dividing two parking lots

Double D's BBQ
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Roger, I think that area is reserved for the Judges and the awards ceremony!:-D

The Pigman
08-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Just got off phone with Jim and he said that the teams list was suppose to be up a couple days ago and is checking why it ........4:30 pm. on the 28th there are 20 teams. He just called back and at bottom where the juding form and entry form there is listing for 2008 entries which list the teams the update will be tomorrow with the rest that he has. Also he said If we would like to promote BBQ-BRETHREN that if we forward him something that he will have fliers printed up to hand out.........Just a thought. Let me know if this is something we want to do.

The Pigman
08-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Jim believes we get the grass area.

U2CANQUE
08-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Hopefully, but, the way that the temps have been, we wont be baking either way....just like the grass to avoid leg fatigue.......

Laughing, hmm, Dallas, do you think that we should see how to strap the Fat Boy on top of one of the trucks.....hell, we could start selling tickets to the BBQ Smoker Museum

Rick's Tropical Delight
08-28-2008, 05:51 PM
The only grass I see is a strip down the center dividing two parking lots

this?

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/fordplant.jpg

Bbq Bubba
08-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Not much room for parking though.......:cool:

Rick's Tropical Delight
08-28-2008, 06:02 PM
i'm parking right in the middle of that farking grass :biggrin:

The Pigman
08-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Rick im setting up right next to you.....Boat eggs make it hard to walk very far

Rick's Tropical Delight
08-28-2008, 06:19 PM
the problem with that is, boat eggs were the morning before... there's no time for that in cincy. i'll make pizzas friday night though :biggrin:

Double D's BBQ
08-28-2008, 06:22 PM
That's a much bigger strip than I had envisioned! I call first dibs on shade!:-D

The Pigman
08-28-2008, 06:25 PM
They siad they wont let anyone in before noon fri.

Rick's Tropical Delight
08-28-2008, 06:30 PM
it looks like we each get a shade tree! :icon_cool

Double D's BBQ
08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I suppose the good folks at Ford wouldn't make an exception for a good ol' boy driving a Chevy would they?

U2CANQUE
08-28-2008, 06:47 PM
hmmmm, and parking it dead on their lawn?.....lol

Rolling Smoke
09-03-2008, 06:55 AM
the problem with that is, boat eggs were the morning before... there's no time for that in cincy. i'll make pizzas friday night though :biggrin:

Don't forget about the low country boil on Friday too. Jim said if anybody wanted to pitch in with shrimp, scallops, etc., that would be great as they already have the rest of the stuff.

U2CANQUE
09-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Will bring some jumbo shrimp, and look for some fresh scallops.....all for that.......have him get in touch with how much is needed......

Rolling Smoke
09-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I think he said 40 gals but feel free to contact him yourself. I merely relayed the information so Rick wouldn't have to do a bunch of extra cooking before his comp meat goes on the fire.

The Pigman
09-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Don't forget about the low country boil on Friday too. Jim said if anybody wanted to pitch in with shrimp, scallops, etc., that would be great as they already have the rest of the stuff.

Are you talking Jim Emig making the low country boil???????

JayAre
09-03-2008, 06:34 PM
We'll Be there provided the wife comes out of surgery ok tomorrow, and JIM YOU BETTER HAVE some beer there!!!

Good luck to the Jack Folks tomorrow!!!

Rolling Smoke
09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Are you talking Jim Emig making the low country boil???????

Yep, Jim Emig will be making the low country boil Friday like last year and anyone that wants to partake can bring a lb or two of shrimp, scallops, etc. Jim said if you want seconds, it will cost a beer.

Rolling Smoke
09-03-2008, 07:53 PM
We'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow. Keep us posted on how it goes and you better call if you need anything at all.

We will have beer in Sharonville, you know that!

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I think he said 40 gals but feel free to contact him yourself. I merely relayed the information so Rick wouldn't have to do a bunch of extra cooking before his comp meat goes on the fire.

what the heck else will i do all day friday?
can i at least make one pizza? :biggrin:

Rolling Smoke
09-04-2008, 05:25 AM
okay but just a 6" with no more than 2 ingredients :-P

Scottie
09-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Do they have space for big rigs Jim? either a 35' trailer or my RV? Might have to team up with someone for this one...

Rolling Smoke
09-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Do they have space for big rigs Jim? either a 35' trailer or my RV? Might have to team up with someone for this one...

They have all the room you want this year Scottie. They're having it at the Ford transmission plant in Sharonville.

U2CANQUE
09-04-2008, 12:09 PM
hope ya can make it Scottie......maybe we can get a couple more to get it to a qualifier......

The Pigman
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Just got a email back from Susan Sparks with Ford and she said we will be setting up in the grass not on the blacktop. We will be entering into LOT C and the Teams will also be parking veichles in the LOT C. And the earliest we can get in is 12 noon FRI.

U2CANQUE
09-04-2008, 04:20 PM
We will be there around noonish if anyone else needs help.......

U2CANQUE
09-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Anyone talk to him to see what the numbers are up to yet?....trying to get the word out so that we can pass 25 teams.....

The Pigman
09-04-2008, 09:26 PM
web site says 18....................................

Rolling Smoke
09-05-2008, 04:45 AM
Just got a email back from Susan Sparks with Ford and she said we will be setting up in the grass not on the blacktop. We will be entering into LOT C and the Teams will also be parking veichles in the LOT C. And the earliest we can get in is 12 noon FRI.

Sorry to disappoint her but I'm not parking in no damn Lot C. She needs to come up with a better offer than that if she expects this contest to survive.

It's A all the way or I don't play.

Double D's BBQ
09-05-2008, 05:00 AM
this?

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/fordplant.jpg

Does any one know which lot is Lot A and which lot is Lot C on this picture?

beardjp
09-05-2008, 05:41 AM
I wish I could make this one, but I am teaching a class and getting things ready for Nelsonville. I will have to put this one down for 2009 along with Kettering. What is the website? Everyone have a great time!!!

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Sorry to disappoint her but I'm not parking in no damn Lot C. She needs to come up with a better offer than that if she expects this contest to survive.

It's A all the way or I don't play.

you can park in A, jim! :icon_clown

are you bringing jimmy with you?

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-05-2008, 05:43 AM
I wish I could make this one, but I am teaching a class and getting things ready for Nelsonville. I will have to put this one down for 2009 along with Kettering. What is the website? Everyone have a great time!!!

click for jim dandy site (http://www.jimdandybbq.com/Events.html)

Rolling Smoke
09-05-2008, 05:45 AM
you can park in A, jim! :icon_clown

are you bringing jimmy with you?

Thanks Rick! Go ahead and make a 10" pizza and add 3 toppings!

I've been trying to talk him into it but it's the same old story.....it's too far to drive.....it costs too much.....my hair might get messed up....etc., etc., etc.

Rolling Smoke
09-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Does any one know which lot is Lot A and which lot is Lot C on this picture?

Not a clue Dallas, I just have a problem with the letter C and figure I would be better off in parking lot A. I know it's not much of a plan but I'm sticking to it.

Double D's BBQ
09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Looks like we can now check in at 9 am. I just received the following email from Amy at Jim Dandy's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to send an update on this weekends events. You are able to start arriving as early as 8am on Friday. At that time we will have judges to do the meat inspection. There will be a cook's meeting at 7:00 and at 7:30 we will be having a "Low Country Boil" If you would like to participate in the boil you can bring scallions, shrimp, sausage etc..
If you would like we are asking each team to write a bio for our program. The contest will be held at the Ford Transmission Plant at 3000 Sharon Road. All teams will need to enter at parking lot C. If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know.

See you on Friday,

Amy

Amy Conley, General Manager
Jim Dandy's Family BBQ
"Spiced & Smoked NOT Boiled & Soaked"
2343 East Sharon Road
Sharonville, Ohio 45241
513-771-4888
www.jimdandybbq.com (http://www.jimdandybbq.com/)

The Pigman
09-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Thats different than what Jim just told me is that the workers start at 8:30am and they want them inside before we show up. And he thought we would have to wait till 9am to enter property.

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-08-2008, 08:42 PM
i didn't get no email :shock:

Rolling Smoke
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Me either.

Double D's BBQ
09-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Did you guys check your spam box?

See you guys in Parking Lot C!

The Pigman
09-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Amy is asking for Bios to be sent to her amyconley@jimdandybbq.com as soon as possible. This is for the program they are putting together. Phone # 513-771-4888

Double D's BBQ
09-09-2008, 04:58 PM
They asked for the same thing last year and I never saw a program!

Don't waste your time!

The Pigman
09-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I think this year she is finnaly getting her act together.....or maybe because it is being sponsered by a printer and he is doing it for free.

Rolling Smoke
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Did you guys check your spam box?

See you guys in Parking Lot C!

Spam Box? My spam comes in a can!

Rolling Smoke
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Amy is asking for Bios to be sent to her amyconley@jimdandybbq.com as soon as possible. This is for the program they are putting together. Phone # 513-771-4888

Want in one hand........

Rolling Smoke
09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
They asked for the same thing last year and I never saw a program!

Don't waste your time!

Exactly right Dallas! I wasted time writing that thing last year, wasted time with the media and consequently wound up blowing it on pork and brisket. I'm going down there to win this year and I don't have no stinking time for no stinking bio or no stinking media.

Rolling Smoke
09-09-2008, 05:29 PM
I think this year she is finnaly getting her act together.....or maybe because it is being sponsered by a printer and he is doing it for free.

Roger, I appreciate what you're saying and the position you have put yourself in but the time and energy spent on putting together team bios can be better spent doing other things, regardless of whether you are promoting or cooking. I like the idea of a program with team bios but there are a lot bigger nuts to crack before you get to that point. It would be great to include group pictures and team pictures but the infrastructure has to be in place first and this is a new contest that's still on very shaky legs.

Double D's BBQ
09-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Exactly right Dallas! I wasted time writing that thing last year, wasted time with the media and consequently wound up blowing it on pork and brisket. I'm going down there to win this year and I don't have no stinking time for no stinking bio or no stinking media.

If I can find the time I'll have my publicist contact their publicist!:-D

All kidding aside though they can find my team bio on the KCBS website along with a whole lot of other teams. Let's not reinvent the wheel here!

Hey I think I just found a loophole here, in order for it to be a biography someone else has to write it! They didn't ask for any autobiographies!:grin:

JayAre
09-09-2008, 06:57 PM

ME JAYARE....COOK LOT OF MEAT...:icon_cool

JayAre
09-09-2008, 06:58 PM
ME JAYARE....COOK LOT OF MEAT...:icon_cool

DRINK LOT OF BEER:icon_sick

Double D's BBQ
09-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Why does this contest have so many posts but so few competitiors?

Heck we've got more posts than The Royal! WTF?:shock::-D

Big Mike
09-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Good luck everybody. I'll be down to visit with everyone.

Double D's BBQ
09-09-2008, 08:58 PM
If you're going to make the trip why not bring the smoker and compete, Mike?

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-10-2008, 05:37 AM

she didn't ask me :cry:

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-10-2008, 05:39 AM
anyone spending the night saturday?

Rolling Smoke
09-10-2008, 08:32 AM
anyone spending the night saturday?

We're thinking about it but it depends mostly on the weather.

Double D's BBQ
09-10-2008, 04:39 PM
We're staying over until Monday morning!...............but not at the Ford plant! Heading for Texas early Monday!

The Big D is heading for The Big D!

Rolling Smoke
09-11-2008, 05:08 AM
Thats different than what Jim just told me is that the workers start at 8:30am and they want them inside before we show up. And he thought we would have to wait till 9am to enter property.

My understanding is as long as you're driving a Ford vehicle, they will let you in at 8:30 but all others have to wait until 12:00 noon.

Double D's BBQ
09-11-2008, 06:05 AM
See you guys tomorrow afternoon!

With any luck they'll let me in before the cooks meeting!

Rolling Smoke
09-11-2008, 06:32 AM
See you guys tomorrow afternoon!

With any luck they'll let me in before the cooks meeting!

Have a safe trip.

U2CANQUE
09-11-2008, 07:05 AM
laughing, well, I guess a chevy truck and harley truck will get me in sometime by dinner.......looks like it is supposed to be doing some raining.....

See ya Mike......

Be safe all........

Double D's BBQ
09-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Ok time for a roll call. How many of you guys are paid in and actually planning on attending the contest. Will the weather and the fact that this is probably not going to be a qualifier change anyones mind about attending?

I'm paid and I'm in come rain or shine!

Rolling Smoke
09-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm not paid but I'm in rain or shine, qualifier or not. Like Mike Davis said in Austria, "I'm going to cook barbecue, not get a suntan".

U2CANQUE
09-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Well, since I am already at the hotel in Blue Ash, I reckon that I will see you tomorrow afternoon......

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Ok time for a roll call. How many of you guys are paid in and actually planning on attending the contest. Will the weather and the fact that this is probably not going to be a qualifier change anyones mind about attending?

I'm paid and I'm in come rain or shine!

i'm in

Double D's BBQ
09-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Well all I can say is that even though we may not have the strength in numbers we were looking for, we are one farking chatty group!

American Royal Board eat your heart out!:-D

U2CANQUE
09-11-2008, 12:12 PM
I think that it is that you are trying to reach Farker status before your road trip......

By the way, when in at the Smoke contest in AR stop by and say hi to Candy Weaver.....talked to her yesterday......

Double D's BBQ
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm not paid but I'm in rain or shine, qualifier or not. Like Mike Davis said in Austria, "I'm going to cook barbecue, not get a suntan".

Mike Davis in Austria! What was he doing there, teaching a class I guess?

Well if Mike would get out from underneath that RV awning he could get a tan and BBQ too!:-D

Double D's BBQ
09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I think that it is that you are trying to reach Farker status before your road trip......

By the way, when in at the Smoke contest in AR stop by and say hi to Candy Weaver.....talked to her yesterday......

Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll see each other. Sounds like she's branching out from Micro-sticks to regular sticks. Have to give her a little grief about that. I'm just wondering whether she'll be cooking with Pellets or on the Gear!

Rolling Smoke
09-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Mike Davis in Austria! What was he doing there, teaching a class I guess?

Well if Mike would get out from underneath that RV awning he could get a tan and BBQ too!:-D

Mike, Debbie and Rocky went over and met up with Rolf and they taught a couple of classes and also cooked a couple of comps. Mike probably won't go back because he was having trouble finding anywhere that served bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Double D's BBQ
09-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah those Austrians are pretty much coffee and rolls for breakfast.

When I was in college, I had a roomate from Germany who loved our big breakfasts. He told me when he left to go back that two of the people he was going to miss was me and Bob Evans!:-D

Double D's BBQ
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM

I guess you could make an argument for that. Only 8 more posts but who's counting?:-D

U2CANQUE
09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
That, or things in the accountant world are pretty slow today......all packed for extended road trip?

The Pigman
09-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm in dont care if it rains. May help the cooking??????? Need all the help I can get. The C lot is on the right side of the BIG Ford sign by the road. Driving a FORD RED pickup so they will be waiting at the gates to let me in..............Web site says 23 teams.......

U2CANQUE
09-11-2008, 06:18 PM
****, so close to qualifier.....maybe I can get a couple of the guys down the street to get their brinkman down to the plant.......

Double D's BBQ
09-11-2008, 06:48 PM
That, or things in the accountant world are pretty slow today......all packed for extended road trip?

Only if you count that I haven't unpacked from last weekend!

Did my Fatboy survive the trip?

Rolling Smoke
09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
****, so close to qualifier.....maybe I can get a couple of the guys down the street to get their brinkman down to the plant.......

I don't know why you don't jump out of the nest and put your own team in.

Double D's BBQ
09-12-2008, 05:42 AM
How's the weather down there guys? I heard they were calling for rain!

Rob any chance of picking up another EZ up. You'll need it for Nelsonville anyway.

I'll be down probably sometime between 1 and 2.

Double D's BBQ
09-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Calling for a 1/2 inch today (that's nothing for us Faibanks Vets). I say bring it on!:roll::shock::-D

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USOH1100?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

U2CANQUE
09-12-2008, 06:08 AM
watch those words, I think that is what made the BBQ Gods sit back and laugh at Fairbanks as it is....when someone offered up the challenge after feeling just one drop of rain

It should rain nicely today and most of tomorrow.....

U2CANQUE
09-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Fat boy is fine.....have to go get some charcoal this morning........hey, does Mike pass Springfield.....maybe some bags of Wicked?......I will buy if he can fly.......

My battery is dead as dead can be..........have not found a Verizon store down here......

U2CANQUE
09-12-2008, 06:11 AM
I will be dropping the trailer at the Ford Plant about 10ish this morning.....then Nicole has appointments with other clients......

Double D's BBQ
09-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Fat boy is fine.....have to go get some charcoal this morning........hey, does Mike pass Springfield.....maybe some bags of Wicked?......I will buy if he can fly.......

My battery is dead as dead can be..........have not found a Verizon store down here......

I pass Springfiled. I called the store 4 times yesterday and they never picked up the phone so I don't know what kind of an operation they are running. The call themselves Old School BBQ Supply Co. Sounds very old school to me. They're about 7 miles off the interstate and I figure if they won't pick up their phone then I'm not making the effort to stop by their store.

I've got lump but I was really hoping to pick up some Wicked Good Briquettes for the Fatboy.

What time are you planning on being there. I don't want to have to set up by myself. I did that last weekend and will do it again next weekend and I'm too old and crotchety to do it three weekends in a row. Let me know when you can get there and I'll revise my travel plans accordingly.

Big Mike
09-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Springfield is about 40 miles north and east of where I'm at.

Double D's BBQ
09-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Big Mike, I think he's talking about the Mike on our team. You will always be refferred to as Big Mike when we are talking about you.:-D

Hope to see you this weekend! You know we only need two more teams!

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-12-2008, 06:59 AM
the list isn't really accurate cause jimmy weaver said he's not going.....

better bring yer sears ponchos! :icon_clown

U2CANQUE
09-12-2008, 07:07 AM
I will be there before 11, probably 10ish.......because Nicole has appointments starting at 11.....I am about 6 miles or so from the plant......

That stinks about the wicked.......oh well.....lump it is.......

Double D's BBQ
09-12-2008, 07:29 AM
I figured that you'd get there after Nikki's appointments. We'll be a little later than normal. I wish you had your phone so we could communicate.

I figure you'll stay dry by hanging out with some of the other brethren though. You eating at Jim Dandy's for lunch?

U2CANQUE
09-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Nicoles phone number is 216-407-5559 if you need any last minute things.......no idea on where for lunch.....we are picking up some cleaned and uncooked shrimp and scallops though for tonights boil.....mmmmmmm, delicious.....

Ron_L
09-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Saw this on "another forum"

Grand -Shigs N Pits
Res Grand -Double D s

Congrats, Dallas!

cmcadams
09-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah, Shigs did it again. They were the returning GC from last year, too. Dallas did a great job for RGC.

Rick also got a call. Here are the top 10 in each category and overall:

Overall:

1. Shigs-In-Pit
2. Double D's BBQ
3. Amanda Q
4. Bucky Mcoinkum's Barbecue
5. Wild Bill BBQ
6. Getta Que
7. Las Chuletas de Cerdo
8. Rolling Smoke
9. Hoosier Crawdaddy
10. Rick's Tropical Delight

Chicken:
1. Bucky McOinkum's Barbecue
2. Las Chuletas de Cerdo
3. Double D's BBQ
4. Wild Bill BBQ
5. Getta Que
6. Amanda Q
7. Sam's Total Domination
8. Shigs-In-Pit
9. Rick's Tropical Delight
10. The Beau & Joe Show

Ribs:
1. Getta Que
2. Rick's Tropical Delight
3. Amanda Q
4. Rolling Smoke
5. Shigs-In-Pit
6. Double D's BBQ
7. Wild Bill BBQ
8. 3 Meat Mafia
9. Bucky McOinkum's Barbecue
10. Sam's Total Domination

Pork:
1. Shigs-In-Pit
2. Hoosier Crawdaddy
3. Wild Bill BBQ
4. Rolling Smoke
5. Double D's BBQ
6. Sweet Meat BBQ
7. Bucky McOinkum's BBQ (tie for 6th)
8. Las Chuletas de Cerdo
9. Up In Smoke
10. Hogaholics

Brisket:
1. Double D's BBQ
2. Shigs-In-Pit
3. Amanda Q
4. Smokin' Blues BBQ
5. Jayare-B-Q
6. Rolling Smoke
7. Missouri Avenue BBQ
8. Rick's Tropical Delight
9. Las Chuletas de Cerdo
10. Bucky McOinkum's Barbecue

It ended up being good weather, with rain ending early afternoon on Friday. We had a great time!

Dale P
09-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Lots of Brethren teams at the top! Look at Rick! Many of my friends did right well.
Congrats to all who got a call and a big way to go to Shigs.

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-13-2008, 07:38 PM
thanks, man! that was a shocker, for sure.

the brethren represented well :eusa_clap

here's my rib box

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/pork/jimdandy2008-008.jpg

judge number 5 killed me with two 6's for taste and tenderness or i might have won :icon_clown

U2CANQUE
09-13-2008, 08:32 PM
damn, those did look great......

I am glad that you pulled up next to us.....getting a chance to finally meet up......congrats to all who got calls.......and I also really appreciate how much everyone showed concern for Nicole. She is fine now, we are home and all cleaned up.......thanks for a great weekend all!!!

Ron_L
09-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Congrats, guys! Great jobs!

cmcadams
09-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Since this was buried at the bottom of the page 3 in another thread, I wanted to highlight the results from this weekend... Mostly because we came in 4th overall, and our first time getting first in a category!

Great showing by Dallas, and Rick did a tremendous job for only his 2nd comp! We (Bucky McOinkum's) were 10 or better across the board, which felt pretty darn good.

Overall:

1. Shigs-In-Pit
2. Double D's BBQ
3. Amanda Q
4. Bucky Mcoinkum's Barbecue
5. Wild Bill BBQ
6. Getta Que
7. Las Chuletas de Cerdo
8. Rolling Smoke
9. Hoosier Crawdaddy
10. Rick's Tropical Delight

Chicken:
1. Bucky McOinkum's Barbecue
2. Las Chuletas de Cerdo
3. Double D's BBQ
4. Wild Bill BBQ
5. Getta Que
6. Amanda Q
7. Sam's Total Domination
8. Shigs-In-Pit
9. Rick's Tropical Delight
10. The Beau & Joe Show

Ribs:
1. Getta Que
2. Rick's Tropical Delight
3. Amanda Q
4. Rolling Smoke
5. Shigs-In-Pit
6. Double D's BBQ
7. Wild Bill BBQ
8. 3 Meat Mafia
9. Bucky McOinkum's Barbecue
10. Sam's Total Domination

Pork:
1. Shigs-In-Pit
2. Hoosier Crawdaddy
3. Wild Bill BBQ
4. Rolling Smoke
5. Double D's BBQ
6. Sweet Meat BBQ
7. Bucky McOinkum's BBQ (tie for 6th)
8. Las Chuletas de Cerdo
9. Up In Smoke
10. Hogaholics

Brisket:
1. Double D's BBQ
2. Shigs-In-Pit
3. Amanda Q
4. Smokin' Blues BBQ
5. Jayare-B-Q
6. Rolling Smoke
7. Missouri Avenue BBQ
8. Rick's Tropical Delight
9. Las Chuletas de Cerdo
10. Bucky McOinkum's Barbecue

Double D's BBQ
09-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Congratulations Curt on picking up your first, first! That's a big milestone that you should be proud of! Congrats also to Jim (Rolling Smoke) Ferguson and Tina on their great showing at the contest and to Rick for a strong contest as well. Rick we enjoyed having you as our neighbors and hope our paths cross again.

Jim, I had no idea until after the contest that Amanda was your daughter. That was truly an incredible performance by her to take third place in her first competition using only 1 WSM. Watch out for Amanda in future contests. She's a rising star.

Overall a great showing by the Brethren at the contest.

Scottie
09-14-2008, 09:28 AM
How many teams did they get?

JayAre
09-14-2008, 09:44 AM

25 teams...we all had a great time...

U2CANQUE
09-14-2008, 10:37 AM
It was a great site.....loved being affiliated with the tourney....and all of the Ford folks (though as a Chevy guy it is hard to say) and volunteers were really great.....

Forney
09-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Way to go guys!!!

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-14-2008, 10:44 AM

rolling smoke drafted people off the road to cook to make 25 teams :biggrin:

hey curt, i'm claiming 8th in chicken because it was a tie with shigs-in-pit! heheh

let's see that chicken, curt!!

Jeff_in_KC
09-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Nice job, everyone! Congrats!

Solidkick
09-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Excellent showing guys!

Rolling Smoke
09-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Congratulations Curt on picking up your first, first! That's a big milestone that you should be proud of! Congrats also to Jim (Rolling Smoke) Ferguson and Tina on their great showing at the contest and to Rick for a strong contest as well. Rick we enjoyed having you as our neighbors and hope our paths cross again.

Jim, I had no idea until after the contest that Amanda was your daughter. That was truly an incredible performance by her to take third place in her first competition using only 1 WSM. Watch out for Amanda in future contests. She's a rising star.

Overall a great showing by the Brethren at the contest.

Thanks Dallas and congrats to you as well.

We are proud of Mandy for stepping up like she did and especially for placing as well as she did. She might very well be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. Now that you know she is my daughter, I might as well let you in on the rest of the story. She has a twin sister who also likes to cook.

Rolling Smoke
09-14-2008, 11:42 AM
hey curt, i'm claiming 8th in chicken because it was a tie with shigs-in-pit! heheh

I think I can honestly say I have heard it all now.:rolleyes:

U2CANQUE
09-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Hell Jim, it was awesome that she did so well....talk about a beaming pa pa ........ apple didnt fall far from that tree...

U2CANQUE
09-14-2008, 12:04 PM
still waiting to see those others pictures too.....especially the fit to be tied chicken.......

slat
09-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Congrats to all that got a call.

The Pigman
09-14-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm a guessing I got boot out of the brethren.................................By the way Jay Are and Rob thanks for a good time...................

U2CANQUE
09-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Roger, it was great to meet the rest of your extended groupies....I think you win the prize for the most groupies in one area.....and your hospitality was awesome as always........thanks for all your help

U2CANQUE
09-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Jim,
Just saw the pictures of your daughter getting pointers from Shigs....can honestly say, they not only won the contest....but, truely showed some awesome character.....

The hard part today.......ugh, working....back to the "real world".....and just waiting patiently for the next one.......

Smokin' Joe
09-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Congrats the all the Brethren who got calls!

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Glad we packed up Sat. Sunday 80 mph wind all power lost still have no power out there. Large trees down everywhere. Butler county level 3 emergancy.

U2CANQUE
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Yeah, we got hit with the wind pretty hard up here in Cleveland last night too.....glad you got home safe.....and I need to send you a picture that we have from Kettering....something about you and some good ol lighter fluid....now the secret is out......laughing.....

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Looks good Rick.......Those about killed me, 12 sec. left on clock at turn in for my runners. About had a heart attack didnt think they could get there in time.I had to change box 3 times tying to get them all to fit. Meatest baby backs every (meat guy taking to good of care) couldnt fit them. Finnally did and sat down opposite of judges site and My Son who is on team said " Dad they are coming back with the box" I felt my heart leave me then seen them with out box. If I was a little bit faster his left (one) would have been swelled up instead of his bottom lip. Like Nicole , Travis got stung when drinking a pop that had a sweat bee in it. By the way Rob all at my site said a prayer for Nicole and after you had left when I gave you directions for the hosp. said that they would run you there if you wanted. Happy to see that smilling face of hers when she got back.

U2CANQUE
09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
it was much appreciated......tell them all that she is fine and dandy....well, as much as possible anyway.......given her choice of companionship and all.........hell, Bones slept more than both of us combined on the way home, and even when we got home.......he was the ultimate pimped out pup.....didnt think I was going to get to leave with him in the truck with all of his new friends......

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
That was a poke at Ricks buddy Patrick........I use to take a pepsi 12 pack of charcole and surround it by logs in my firer box and light to start my fire (stick burner) but starteing it this way it is to long to get to temp to cook. What I do now is buid my fire in smoker and sit down with my weed burner for 5 imin and in 1/2 hour I am up to temp. You know that sound of jet engine that get everyone looking.

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Allison was looking forward to watching him while you ran to the hosp. she kept asking wheres Robs dog.

Pinkdaisygirl
09-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Well it I guess I have to come out of the closet and quit being a voyeur!!! Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers... I think the worst part was Rob and I were joking that if I got stung.. just don't get stung at turn in time.. and as fate would have it..... lol Thanks also for everyone taking care of Bones our "bbq dog" it appears he had a great time and was well loved... and seemed to be on his best behavior... if you only knew how he was at home... Again.. Thank you to everyone... if I had to get stung.. I couldn't have asked for it to happen in a better place... surrounded by such wonderful people...

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Nicole glad to see you on (we do know who is the cook in the family) Rob is there to take care of Bones.

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-15-2008, 10:56 AM
holy carp! i didn't know any of that happened!

i missed the brethren photo... again

sitting here in the rv still with no power to the house. i'm running the house fridge off the rv generator :biggrin:

Pinkdaisygirl
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Rick-

You will find there is never a dull moment when we are around... there is a reason Rob calls me "Grace"...and it isn't because I look like Grace Kelly!!!!

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
These are from this last weekend in Sharonville, Ohio at the jim Dandy BBQ Cookoff.

1) BBQ-BRETHREN Rob-u2canque, Curt- cmcadams, Roger-the pigman, Nicole-Pinkdaisygirl, Dallas- Double D's

2) Dave my team member, Rick- Ricks tropical delight, myself- the pigman

3) Rob-u2canque, Nicole- Pinkdaisygirl, Bones- BBQ Dog

4) Rolling Smoke and Jayare's camp---Jim lookin lost

5) Shigs and Pit- Jeff and Stephon

6) Teams setup

7) Looking other way

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Pics from last weekends comp.

1) Teams set up

2) My smoker in camp

3) 12 am ribs got to eat during the night

4) 1 am fatties

5) My 4th place Brisket

6) mark (a lurkers team)

7) My Camp

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Do you believe this 150 replies and 2,327 views to little Sharonville ohio. Good thing we didnt name it after the Bengals........................................... .......

Solidkick
09-15-2008, 05:23 PM
thanks, man! that was a shocker, for sure.

the brethren represented well :eusa_clap

here's my rib box

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/pork/jimdandy2008-008.jpg

judge number 5 killed me with two 6's for taste and tenderness or i might have won :icon_clown
If they tasted half as good as the looked, should have all been 8s and 9s....one of the better rib boxes I've seen.....you should be very proud!

U2CANQUE
09-15-2008, 05:30 PM
I was wondering where he was hiding the surgical knife....because I didnt see him breaking out one, but, nice cuts, and looked awesome.....wont show what we turned in.......not after seeing those.......looking forward to Brethren Bash

Alexa RnQ
09-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Great to see pix!

I can't imagine the luxury of a comp on grass, under trees -- at the CA comps the fire marshalls chit pink cupcakes if you have a cooker within ten feet of a canopy or scrawny parking-lot bush!

Alexa RnQ
09-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Soooo, what's in that fattie?

U2CANQUE
09-15-2008, 05:47 PM
hmmm, see, you thought that you were going to bust me out for the Brethren Apron not being worn upright and proudly, but, damn, picture being all fuzzy and all.....
Thanks for the pics

U2CANQUE
09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, so we did get a picture of Rick in there.......thanks for getting us pictures.....scary to see the memorable Shigs at work.....and not out "just a shigging"....

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 07:47 PM
hmmm, see, you thought that you were going to bust me out for the Brethren Apron not being worn upright and proudly, but, damn, picture being all fuzzy and all.....
Thanks for the pics

Bust a brethren.......not even after charcole light one............

The Pigman
09-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Soooo, what's in that fattie?

Pork sasuage flattened out, I put in strips of colby jack cheese and strips of green pepper roll back up and put on your favorite rub through in smoker at 225 fr 2 1/2 hr slice enjoy.

cmcadams
09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Roger, sorry about the not bolded team name... I thought it was before saving, and now it won't let me edit... Mods, can you take care of getting Roger's team name bolded in the results?

I'm without power, so no pics for a while. I'm actually staying with a friend tonight and probably tomorrow. We lost power Sunday at 2:15, and it looks like we'll likely be without power until Saturday sometime, if we're lucky. I even got to see my favorite oak tree snap at its base and fall over, away from the house, but I saw it happen. It was kind of cool, but I loved that tree!

U2CANQUE
09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Stay safe down there Curt.....look forward to more pictures.....

Ron_L
09-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Roger, sorry about the not bolded team name... I thought it was before saving, and now it won't let me edit... Mods, can you take care of getting Roger's team name bolded in the results?

Done... Sorry I missed it, too, Roger!

The Pigman
09-16-2008, 05:56 AM

I'm without power, so no pics for a while. I'm actually staying with a friend tonight and probably tomorrow. We lost power Sunday at 2:15, and it looks like we'll likely be without power until Saturday sometime, if we're lucky. I even got to see my favorite oak tree snap at its base and fall over, away from the house, but I saw it happen. It was kind of cool, but I loved that tree!

I figured it was a oversite....that I wasnt being banned.......
Stay safe and anything I can do let me know....Chain saws been running day and night around here. Plenty fire wood this winter.

The Pigman
09-16-2008, 05:59 AM
Done... Sorry I missed it, too, Roger!

Come on Ron you cant keep up with this LOL we are up to 164 replies and 2,460 views on just this little comp.

Thanks Ron for all of it

The Pigman
09-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Great to see pix!

I can't imagine the luxury of a comp on grass, under trees -- at the CA comps the fire marshalls chit pink cupcakes if you have a cooker within ten feet of a canopy or scrawny parking-lot bush!

That canopy was bought just for that....................got to stay dry and out of sun.

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-16-2008, 06:09 AM

rolling smoke is a brethren too! :biggrin:

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-16-2008, 06:14 AM
If they tasted half as good as the looked, should have all been 8s and 9s....one of the better rib boxes I've seen.....you should be very proud!

thanks, man! the appearance on that box was 899989

I was wondering where he was hiding the surgical knife....because I didnt see him breaking out one, but, nice cuts, and looked awesome.....wont show what we turned in.......not after seeing those.......looking forward to Brethren Bash

i cut those with my wusthof slicer... very sharp and i cut them meat side down on the board :biggrin:

U2CANQUE
09-16-2008, 07:59 AM
wish we would have gotten more time to shoot the Sh** but between the dog being a pseudo guard dog friday night, and then Nicole getting stung I was all over the place with stress......hell, but, a good side point was stressing on the non-cooking related things.....the cooking at this one went pretty well...now, if I could just figure out where the extra point and a quarter can come from it would have been a even better contest.....but, who is complaining?

cmcadams
09-16-2008, 08:26 AM
rolling smoke is a brethren too! :biggrin:

I think I already had them bolder.

I heard we may have power now, though we stayed with friends last night. If so I'll be able to post our turn INS.

The Pigman
09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Rob dont understand my judges,They must of had some drinks before hand couldnt agree some say 8 some say 4 how can you be that far apart. I did see alot of them walking around all morn untill turn in time on Sat.

tonto1117
09-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Congrat's to all. Great job!!!!8)

cmcadams
09-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Power's back, so now I have pics uploaded:

Brisket, appearance 799978
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3059/2881407310_1a29edf634_b.jpg

Pork, appearance 7988878
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3290/2881409496_492e1b7693_b.jpg

Ribs, appearance 888877
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/2880575981_9e8d02d049_b.jpg

1st place Chicken, appearance 888978
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/2880578109_a08e1f80c6_b.jpg

The Pigman
09-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Has anyone heard what they are going to do about the 4th and 5 place in each catagory????? Jim Ferguson had talked to Jim Emig and havent heard. Emailed both and no responsed

Rick's Tropical Delight
09-23-2008, 08:05 PM
nice boxes curt!

and what's this about 4th and 5th? are they changing the payout or something?

on a side note
MY POWER IS ON!!
after 10 days. and i just found a cigar!

here's my chicken and brisket boxes. you won't be seeing my pork box (876589 ).

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/comp/jimdandy2008-004.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/comp/jimdandy2008-013.jpg

doing all the finishing work in the rv i don't have to worry about people begging for scraps and asking questions :biggrin:

The Pigman
09-24-2008, 05:50 PM
They are suppose to pay out the 1 thru 5 in ea per KCBS and Jim ferguson questioned this after the awards and havent heard anything except Jim Emig told him that they may get gift certificats

Rolling Smoke
10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Has anyone heard what they are going to do about the 4th and 5 place in each catagory????? Jim Ferguson had talked to Jim Emig and havent heard. Emailed both and no responsed

The reason I didn't respond was because I was without cable for 2 weeks and no easy way to access the internet. Jim Emig was not the one that told me there would be gift certificates. That came from Grant Ford (the rep) and he supposedly got the word from JE.

Double D's BBQ
10-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Has anyone gotten their plaques yet for 1-3 place. I'm still waiting on mine.

Double D's BBQ
10-01-2008, 06:20 PM
nice boxes curt!

and what's this about 4th and 5th? are they changing the payout or something?

on a side note
MY POWER IS ON!!
after 10 days. and i just found a cigar!

here's my chicken and brisket boxes. you won't be seeing my pork box (876589 ).

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/comp/jimdandy2008-004.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/comp/jimdandy2008-013.jpg

doing all the finishing work in the rv i don't have to worry about people begging for scraps and asking questions :biggrin:

Beautiful boxes there Rick! Meat looks great too!

Double D's BBQ
10-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Do you think we can keep this thread going until next September, Guys?

This thread has taken on a life of its own!:-D

The Pigman
10-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Dont know if I will be back next Sept.. Feel I got ripped....... 4th place in brisket and nothing to show for it.

Rolling Smoke
10-02-2008, 05:06 AM
Dont know if I will be back next Sept.. Feel I got ripped....... 4th place in brisket and nothing to show for it.

Have you contacted Jim about this? It seemed like you had an open channel of communication with with him prior to the contest.

The Pigman
10-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Have you contacted Jim about this? It seemed like you had an open channel of communication with with him prior to the contest.

Sent email no response to it.

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Has anyone gotten their plaques yet for 1-3 place. I'm still waiting on mine.

nope, but i should be seeing jim this saturday and i'll ask about the plaques and 4th and 5th................

The Pigman
10-02-2008, 07:15 PM
nope, but i should be seeing jim this saturday and i'll ask about the plaques and 4th and 5th................

Thanks Rick .....finnally (2nd comp) get to 4th place and nothing to show for it.

Double D's BBQ
10-02-2008, 07:40 PM

Thanks, he owes me 3 plaques and a 5th.

Rolling Smoke
10-03-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks, he owes me 3 plaques and a 5th.

A fifth of what? Sorry Dallas but I couldn't pass on that.

Last year it took a couple of weeks for us to get our plaques because they were laser burned with our team name on them.

Double D's BBQ
10-03-2008, 05:39 AM
Jack Daniel's of course! Wishful thinking on my part!:-D

The Pigman
10-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Dallas if you get your 5th I want a shot.............................................. .

Rick's Tropical Delight
10-06-2008, 05:29 AM
i didn't talk to jim... sorry guys.

Rolling Smoke
10-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Thanks for trying Rick. It'll all work out, I'm sure.