PDA

View Full Version : Big Mike wins GC at Kettering!!

ZBQ
07-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Big Mike (Eagle River BBQ) took GC at Kettering guys!!:-D

Mike beat out ALL the big boys with his new Stumps tralier model that
he's only had for a couple of months!!

If I remember right, Mike has only been competeing for about a year too!!

The cherry on the cake is that the GC gives him a 1 in 2 shot at the Jack!!:shock:

Way to go Mike!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Bigdog
07-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Way to go Mike. :icon_cool

Dale P
07-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Congrats Mike. This couldnt of happened to a nicer guy folks.

frognot
07-20-2008, 08:21 AM
WoooHoooo! Great job Mike!

U2CANQUE
07-20-2008, 08:24 AM
It was great to meet everyone, and a HUGE Congrats to Mike...way to set the bar high for your side kick......could not have came at a better time!!! Had a blast, and look forward to seeing everyone again soon....

Rob

Ron_L
07-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Woo hoo! Congrats, Big Mike!

Plowboy
07-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Way to go Big Mike!!!!!!

Smokin Gator
07-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Wow.. that is awesome!!!

Smoky River BBQ
07-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Way to go, Mike...Well deserved!!

Double D's BBQ
07-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Congratulations Mike! Great to see that beautiful trophy remain in Ohio and in Dayton! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy and the competition couldn't haven't been tougher. Congratualtions to all who got calls and to to both Jim Ferguson (Rolling Smoke) and Jim Weaver for putting together a tremendous contest for a great cause and for an extemely cook friendly contest.

I think that Mike actually has a better than 50/50 chance to get to the Jack (so far at least) I think Eagle River BBQ has become the first Ohio team this year to win a sanctioned contest which would get him into the Jack even if he loses the draw. Congrats again Mike! Your going to do just great in Lynchburg!

Solidkick
07-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Congrats! Way to cook!

ThomEmery
07-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Very Cool

U2CANQUE
07-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Agree with Dallas Jim Ferguson and Jim Weaver worked their asses off and put on one hell of a contest. The whole crew was great at making sure that everyone feel welcome, and at home. I am looking forward to next years competition down there and supporting our service men in the process. The setting there in the shade could not have been more perfect...

Thanks again, and again, HUGE CONGRATS!!!! To all!!!

Pig Headed
07-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Congrats to Big Mike and all Brethren who walked.

cmcadams
07-20-2008, 09:52 AM
It was great to see... and lots of cheering! Great weather, great site... and, if it couldn't be me, another Brethren, and a local at that, should take it home!

There were some first timers that got mentions, too... Good job to the brethren overall! Almost half the field was made up of Brethren teams, in fact.

tboneld
07-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Great job. Royal invitational. Woo hoo.

Westexbbq
07-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Very impressive, nice going.
Congratulations!

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-20-2008, 10:45 AM
yep, big mike won even with me pestering him at 4 am saturday morning.:biggrin:

fantastic job mike!

BBQ Grail
07-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Way to go Mike. Congrats.

Big Mike
07-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks Yall, it was a great time. Z is right, this was my 5th comp. I am still pinching myself to make sure it is real.

Here are the Results (Brethren Highlighted). Sorry if I missed a Brethren

Overall

GC. Eagle River BBQ
RG. Show Me Your Bones
3. Monty Pigthon
4. Motley Q
5. Shigs in Pit
6. Moonswiners
7. Smokey Mountain Smokers
8. Double Ds
9. Great Lakes BBQ & Feed
10. Bucky McOinkum

Chicken

Monty Pigthon
Shigs n pit
Show Me Your Bones
Smoky Mountain Smokers
Scramblin Eggs BBQ
ZZ Que
Ricks Tropical Delight
Hickory Flats
Ribberfest Barbecue
Getta Que

Ribs

Motley Que
Eagle River Barbecue
Monty Pigthon
Learn2Q
Great Lakes BBQ & Feed
Double Ds
Moonswiners
Smokin Scotsmen
Show Me Your Bones
Perry Brothers

Pork

Moonswiners
Bucky McOinkum
Show Me Your Bones
Great Lakes BBQ & Feed
Smoky Mountain Smokers
Monty Pigthon
Smokin Blues
Double Ds
Motley Que
Hoosier Crawdaddy

Brisket

Eagle River Barbecue
Missouri Avenue BBQ
Shigs in Pit
Gem City Smokers
Motley Que
Smokin Blues
Smokin Scotsmen
Hickory Flats
Double Ds
Great Lakes BBQ & Feed

Alexa RnQ
07-20-2008, 12:00 PM
this was my 5th comp

:shock:

http://www.divaherself.com/headbang.gif

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
07-20-2008, 12:03 PM
The Eagle flies on Saturday! Great job Big Mike. Congratulations to all the Brethren.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks Yall, it was a great time. Z is right, this was my 5th comp.

you just put dayton, OH on the bbq map! who says there is no good bbq in the midwest :roll:

The Pigman
07-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I would like to thank everyone for making this (my 1st) very enjoyable..........Jim and Jim did a fantasic job. The guys from the Legion securty-picking up garbage bags, delievering ice, cooking breakfast, checking day and night for what you may need. Did a outstanding job. And to all the teams for your insight and kind words of encouragement. Tonto thank you for the lesson. And to all brethren THANK YOU for helping me. Smokin' Blues got to hear the name 2 times Sat and that is a awesome feeling. But more so after worring for the last 3 weeks and not sleeping for the last couple weeks it was mindboggling to open each entry up and see the product which I thought was awesome and go for chicken to ribs to butt to brisket and feel good about all 4 and turn them in on time. Thank you all and a big congrats to Mike you are #1 in Ohio enjoy it.

StayDown
07-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Congrats Mike. It was a pleasure to be able to cook with you. I learned a ton, including that sleep deprivation is all part of a comp. It was an amazing time and I enjoyed meeting all the teams and especially all the brethren.

I still can't believe ya did it! I am still smiling when I think about all of your comments as we were doing turn ins and then to hear your name called at the...WOW!

Again..TY and congrats Mike. Although I am not sure how I am supposed to start competing now since I have a sense what it is like to win the Grand..everything for me will be a let down! :lol:

Coz
07-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Congrats Mike!

Rub
07-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Way to make that Stumps hum Big Mike :wink:

Congratulations for an awesome job of competing!! :eusa_clap:mrgreen::eusa_clap:mrgreen::eusa_clap

dhuffjr
07-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Way to go Big Mike! Good seeing ya again this year.

H

yep, big mike won even with me pestering him at 4 am saturday morning.:biggrin:

fantastic job mike!
So thats why I had to save you from that face plant at 6am huh :wink:

michiana mark
07-21-2008, 02:50 AM
Congrats Mike, great job.

Dr_KY
07-21-2008, 03:17 AM
Huge Congrats Mike to you and the team plus all the brothers that competed. Get some rest and don't worry, it feels like you just walked when you wake up for at least a week.:cool:

Divemaster
07-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Way to go Mike!!!! Congrats Brother!

Sidw
07-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Great job Mike - congrats

Also congrats to Show Me Your Bones for Reserve