PDA

View Full Version : Accumulated Turn-In Photos

motoeric
07-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi,

Is there a resource or thread available that has an accumulation of turn-in box photos? I'd like to steer newbies in the right direction to show them what the box should look like in general and what variations people have come up with.

It would be great if they could just skim through a few dozen photos and help to get the concept.

Thanks,

Eric

MilitantSquatter
07-14-2008, 07:45 PM
I think there's a good comp thread somewhere but can't find it with lots of pics.

Here's a link to the photo gallery (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album52&page=4)with some general ideas.

Divemaster
07-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I think that would be a great idea!

pat
07-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Great idea. How about adding the appearance scores for those pics that have them. That way we can see what the judges were thinking.

Sledneck
07-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Great idea. How about adding the appearance scores for those pics that have them. That way we can see what the judges were thinking.
that is an even better idea. Just for my own piece of mind i think i am going to start attaching the individual pics to my score sheets for record.

monty3777
07-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I have some videos on youtube of the Texas Rib Rangers putting together turn-in boxes. Maybe that will help. My user name on youtube is monty3777

I have vids for brisket, butt, and ribs

Kidcurry73
07-15-2008, 04:24 PM
I have some random boxes I have saved from this site...I have no idea who they belong to or what they scored but I could post them if that would be ok.

mds2
07-15-2008, 05:50 PM
I have some random boxes I have saved from this site...I have no idea who they belong to or what they scored but I could post them if that would be ok.

Go for it. I always like to see what everybody else is doing.

PatioDaddio
07-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Eric - It's interesting that you ask about such a site because I am a web developer by day and I have a domain ready to go to host an online appearance judging site. All I have to do is build it.

The idea is that cooks would post turn-in box pictures (up to three per entry -- pseudo-anonymous -- no names given). Registered judges would be then be notified via e-mail and the judging "window" would be open for a given number of days. The scores would be tabulated and posted after the judging is closed.

The site would eventually even offer rudimentary photo editing features to help the cooks present their best shots.

I can even envision sponsored (paying) appearance-only competitions in the off-season.

What do y'all think? Would you like/use such a site?

John

mds2
07-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Eric - It's interesting that you ask about such a site because I am a web developer by day and I have a domain ready to go to host an online appearance judging site. All I have to do is build it.

The idea is that cooks would post turn-in box pictures (up to three per entry -- pseudo-anonymous -- no names given). Registered judges would be then be notified via e-mail and the judging "window" would be open for a given number of days. The scores would be tabulated and posted after the judging is closed.

The site would eventually even offer rudimentary photo editing features to help the cooks present their best shots.

I can even envision sponsored (paying) appearance-only competitions in the off-season.

What do y'all think? Would you like/use such a site?

John

That is an awesome idea! Could be really fun!

BBQ_Mayor
07-15-2008, 08:17 PM

Pat, I'm not sure we will ever know what the judges were thinking. :mrgreen:

KC_Bobby
07-15-2008, 10:11 PM
I just go to Pickled Paul's site when I want turn in box inspiration.

ZBQ
07-16-2008, 06:55 AM
I just go to Pickled Paul's site when I want turn in box inspiration.

Got a link Bobby?

Googled it and looked in the "member list" and got nothing.

Roo-B-Q'N
07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Got a link Bobby?

Googled it and looked in the "member list" and got nothing.

Paul is actually The Pickled Pig here on the forum. Here is his website The Pickled Pig (http://www.thepickledpig.com/)

ZBQ
07-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Paul is actually The Pickled Pig here on the forum. Here is his website The Pickled Pig (http://www.thepickledpig.com/)

Thanks Tom:-D

KC_Bobby
07-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Sorry, late night. I think Paul posts some of the best looking dishes on this site and some of the boxes he's shared are tops. Dawn, Lee and the rest of the Pickled crew get those beds done to perfection and the placement of meat is also arranged well.