PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Ohio Veteran Barbecue Cookoff, Kettering Ohio - July 18 & 19, 2008

Podge
07-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Well, it almost seems redundant to start a Roll call, since it seems we all know who's going to be there, but what the heck ?

Dale P
07-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Perry Brothers are paid, so I say there is at least a 75% chance of us making it.

Big Mike
07-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Eagle River Barbecue is in. Looking forward to this.

Scottie
07-14-2008, 09:33 AM
If there is anything fun going on Thursday night. I could probably be talked into driving over, instead of Friday morning...

Dale P
07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
we could have a mutton cook off thursday night.

dhuffjr
07-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I'll be there with my lovely bride........and a couple crazzy kids.

Sidw
07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
If all goes as planned, Monty Pigthon & the Holy Grill will be rolling in sometime Thursday evening.

CaptTable
07-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Kathy & I hope to be there late Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing some of our "old" friends and making a bunch more "new" ones.

Phillip

tonto1117
07-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Smo Sco's will be pulling in the "scoach" somtime on Thursday.

If there is anything fun going on Thursday night. I could probably be talked into driving over, instead of Friday morning...

Define "anything" :tongue: The boys are planning on some good Whiskey and Cigars and I'm trying to think of some good grub to go along...

Big Mike
07-14-2008, 11:00 AM
I'll be there on Thursday as well.

Ron_L
07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Smo Sco's will be pulling in the "scoach" somtime on Thursday.

Scoach? Cute :-D

Good luck to everyone! We'll be stuck at home with family visiting :cry:

ZBQ
07-14-2008, 11:19 AM
I'll be there.

Not sure yet if it will be Thursday evening or Friday moring.

Looking forward to this!!

Rolling Smoke
07-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out this year due to work. :razz:

Ford
07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Carol and I should roll in Thursday around 7:30 or so. I hear a rumor about a pizza party Thursday night. And if Carol will drive to the hotel then maybe I can have a cold one with the cigar.

Double D's BBQ
07-14-2008, 05:38 PM
We'll be there! Looking forward to coming home!

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-14-2008, 05:48 PM
i'll be there thursday after 6 pm sometime... i think, if i can get my hired help to load the eggs. i live about 15 minutes from the legion and i might have to come back for the second large egg.

once i get set up, i'll be making pulled pork pizzas on two eggs so come on over! and there's a krogers adjacent to the site if we need more pizza supplies

after this past weekends practice cook, i'm pretty nervous :shock:

if i can't do well in the comp, i plan to have the best party so
anyone setup next to me better like reggae music :biggrin:

Dale P
07-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Rick, We be jamming!

Ah Bro dont be nervous, we are only going up against some of the best BBQers in the ENTIRE WORLD!:icon_cool

And the best part, they are our pals!

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Rick, We be jamming!

Ah Bro dont be nervous, we are only going up against some of the best BBQers in the ENTIRE WORLD!:icon_cool

And the best part, they are our pals!

thanks, mon! that helps alot! :icon_cool

JayAre
07-14-2008, 07:15 PM
i'll be there thursday after 6 pm sometime... i think, if i can get my hired help to load the eggs. i live about 15 minutes from the legion and i might have to come back for the second large egg.

once i get set up, i'll be making pulled pork pizzas on two eggs so come on over! and there's a krogers adjacent to the site if we need more pizza supplies

after this past weekends practice cook, i'm pretty nervous :shock:

if i can't do well in the comp, i plan to have the best party so
anyone setup next to me better like reggae music :biggrin:

Battle of the bands...I'll have Karaoke and Classic Rock/Oldies...

Im still crackin up about Rollin Smoke sayin he cant be there...now thats funny!!!

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-14-2008, 07:25 PM
i've got classic rock too, but the reggae fits the rick's tropical delight brand best

anyone up for boat eggs and smoked fatty sausage gravy friday morning?
and then maybe telling me how the heck to pull this off? :biggrin:

Ford
07-14-2008, 07:44 PM
i've got classic rock too, but the reggae fits the rick's tropical delight brand best

Firday morning I always like Cracker Barrel if I can find one close. But I may settle for less as Carol is still on the diet so no real food for her. And Krispy Kremes heated for about 20 minutes in a smoker in foil taste just like they came off the belt. I can bring an extra dozen for Friday if you supply the heat.

Now how to pull it off - easy - relax and have fun. Do what you practiced. Don't stress over it. Plan for boxes to be ready for the start of the window. Don't drink too much Friday as it's a bitch doing boxes with a hangover. And you're welcome to try a little tenderloin Saturday for breakfast if you get there before it's gone.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
i'll have heat after the boat eggs, so bring it!

i'm only supposed to be having one beer a day, but that ain't working too well lately :shock:

who's bring the pool? it's gonna be h o t hot

Dale P
07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Rick, you are gonna fit right in. What is an egg boat?

chinesebob
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
I will be stopping by barring any emergencies for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you guys, many of you again. Anyone want me to bring some Bourbon Ale? Got someone going through Kentucky tomorrow.....

Podge
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I will be stopping by barring any emergencies for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you guys, many of you again. Anyone want me to bring some Bourbon Ale? Got someone going through Kentucky tomorrow.....

well, there's a couple of us coming up from Ky. but no Bourbon Ale.

Big Mike
07-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Firday morning I always like Cracker Barrel if I can find one close. But I may settle for less as Carol is still on the diet so no real food for her. And Krispy Kremes heated for about 20 minutes in a smoker in foil taste just like they came off the belt. I can bring an extra dozen for Friday if you supply the heat.

Now how to pull it off - easy - relax and have fun. Do what you practiced. Don't stress over it. Plan for boxes to be ready for the start of the window. Don't drink too much Friday as it's a bitch doing boxes with a hangover. And you're welcome to try a little tenderloin Saturday for breakfast if you get there before it's gone.

Ford, there is one about 1/2 mile or so from the comp site.

Big Mike
07-14-2008, 09:04 PM

MMMMM Good.

dhuffjr
07-14-2008, 11:14 PM
We'll be setting up Friday morning but I'm gonna try to get over Thursday evening seeing that so many folks are rolling in.

Rick. Stay calm man. You handled 1400 hungry wolves. Judges are cake. Okay they are more brutal and everyone doesn't tell you it is the best thing they've had but.......... you'll be fine.......and you've got all that darvoset too :mrgreen:

Dale P
07-15-2008, 04:49 AM
Well I googled Egg Boats. Im not sure that will work Rick. My BIL weighs 350 lbs, so I better make him an egg cruise ship. We will bring something.
Ill set the traps out tonight.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-15-2008, 05:11 AM
Well I googled Egg Boats. Im not sure that will work Rick. My BIL weighs 350 lbs, so I better make him an egg cruise ship. We will bring something.
Ill set the traps out tonight.

ha! boat eggs is smoked fatty, green chili, hash browns, eggs, and cheese all cooked in a cast iron skillet on the egg. i'm trying to figure out which skillet to bring, the medium, feeds 10 or the large, feeds 20

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/breakfast/eddieclassicI-024.jpg

Ford
07-15-2008, 05:26 AM
I'll still bring the KK's for a snack.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-15-2008, 05:37 AM
whenever i get my ash up and get busy. it takes about 1-1.5 hours to make so around 9ish i reckon

cmcadams
07-15-2008, 06:21 AM
I'll be there... stopping by Thursday night briefly, then out Friday morning. It's great to be 15 minutes or less away from the comp site!

The Pigman
07-15-2008, 07:20 AM
I'll be the one walking around looking lost. Coming in Fri. am staying till Sunday. Deer Chili for Friday night so stop by. Rick it will be the sweet SMOKIN BLUES over in our camp. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Big Mike
07-15-2008, 07:45 AM
ha! boat eggs is smoked fatty, green chili, hash browns, eggs, and cheese all cooked in a cast iron skillet on the egg. i'm trying to figure out which skillet to bring, the medium, feeds 10 or the large, feeds 20

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/breakfast/eddieclassicI-024.jpg

Ok, I gotta go make breakfast now.

U2CANQUE
07-15-2008, 08:35 AM
See ya all Thursday afternoon/evening

Rolling Smoke
07-15-2008, 11:18 AM
See ya all Thursday afternoon/evening

What team are you with?

Rolling Smoke
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Battle of the bands...I'll have Karaoke and Classic Rock/Oldies...

Im still crackin up about Rollin Smoke sayin he cant be there...now thats funny!!!

I can dream can't I?

Scottie
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
lol....

you're having an invasion Jim... 8-)

Double D's BBQ
07-15-2008, 11:24 AM
What team are you with?

Jim, Rob is with me and he'll be the advance party for Double D's. I probably won't make it until early Friday afternoon.

Rolling Smoke
07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
lol....

you're having an invasion Jim... 8-)

compared to last year, it really is an invasion Scottie and we can't wait for everyone to get here

Rolling Smoke
07-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Jim, Rob is with me and he'll be the advance party for Double D's. I probably won't make it until early Friday afternoon.

Okay Dallas, I thought that might be the case but wasn't for sure. We'll make sure he gets dug-in before you get here.

Scottie
07-15-2008, 11:40 AM
compared to last year, it really is an invasion Scottie and we can't wait for everyone to get here

That's what happens when you get the cool kids like me and Podge showing up.... :shock:

Rolling Smoke
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
That's what happens when you get the cool kids like me and Podge showing up.... :shock:

I thought it was my charming personality. :icon_blush:

Before any of you decide to take a shot at that last comment, just remember we can have more than a two way tie for DAL. :icon_devil

Sidw
07-15-2008, 11:50 AM

Before any of you decide to take a shot at that last comment, just remember we can have more than a two way tie for DAL. :icon_devil

I am thinking it is the charming personality - we don't need any extra help with DAL

Dale P
07-15-2008, 12:19 PM
DALe

Double D's BBQ
07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
LOL! Count me in too!

DALlas

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-15-2008, 05:22 PM
i guess i'm 36th then! :biggrin:

The Pigman
07-15-2008, 06:28 PM

I do belive that they can take mine and Mikes place...................

The Pigman
07-15-2008, 06:33 PM
i guess i'm 36th then! :biggrin:

Rick we are there to have fun right.............with all the Big Boys coming in thats what Im looking at..............

How about after the Cooks meeting we get the brethren together for a photo.....................

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Rick we are there to have fun right.............with all the Big Boys coming in thats what Im looking at..............

How about after the Cooks meeting we get the brethren together for a photo.....................

as long as bbq betty can be in the photo! :biggrin:

The Pigman
07-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Are you bringing her./...she can lean up against the flag pole .....

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-15-2008, 08:05 PM
yes, sir, bbq betty is ready to get off the farm and she'll be sporting her brethren garb :biggrin:

lean against the flagpole? i'll be holding her :shock:

StayDown
07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
I will be there Thursday around 7 to hang with Mike.

Can't wait to meet you guys for the first time of what I am sure will be many more.

all the food talk has me hungry!

cmcadams
07-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Don't be surprised if a first timer ends up beating some of the 'big boys'... Just cook and do your best and have fun.

We're very psyched for this weekend.... I haven't looked forward to a comp this much since our first one, I don't think!

Dale P
07-17-2008, 05:13 AM
Busy day for many Im sure, but I got our chicken plucked yesterday so the hard part is over!
I am guessing we will get there between 7 or 8 tonight.

StayDown
07-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Busy day for many Im sure, but I got our chicken plucked yesterday so the hard part is over!
I am guessing we will get there between 7 or 8 tonight.

I am leaving that one alone!!

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-17-2008, 06:16 AM
i have a question! does the meat have to be sealed in cryovac for inspection? the ribs vinny got me are just rolled in plastic wrap and in the case............:confused:

i read the rules again and it doesn't specifically say sealed, just raw, unseasoned or unmarinaded.

Double D's BBQ
07-17-2008, 06:32 AM
You're ok Rick. You can even trim the meat, just no seasoning or marinating before inspection and make sure the meat is held at temps of 40 degrees F or less. I'd put the meat in a zip lock bag just to prevent it from potential water damage. I've had that happen once.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-17-2008, 06:54 AM
thanks, man. i was planning on keeping them in the rv fridge so no water worries

Podge
07-17-2008, 07:17 AM
I wish I had time to have trimmed my meat before I head up there about noon. Hopefully, i can get my meat inspected early and i can start trimming then.. It takes me about 2-2.5 hours total for all 4, and I'd rather be socializing at that time.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-17-2008, 07:25 AM
you have to trim your meat? uh oh :biggrin:

Podge
07-17-2008, 07:31 AM
you have to trim your meat? uh oh :biggrin:

yeah, i'd at least like to have chicken done before i get there, the rest is easy. chicken for me is a pain !

The Pigman
07-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Everytime I here KETTERING my hands start shaking.....and you want me to hold a knife.

Big Mike
07-17-2008, 07:47 AM
I have a few things to take care of today and I'll be ready. I should be there between 4 and 5. See yall then.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-17-2008, 08:55 AM
my whole body is shaking!

Podge
07-17-2008, 08:59 AM
my whole body is shaking!

maybe you just need a beer.:-D

StayDown
07-17-2008, 09:20 AM
I have a few things to take care of today and I'll be ready. I should be there between 4 and 5. See yall then.

I will be there after I drop off the soon to be step daughter. That should be around 7.

U2CANQUE
07-17-2008, 09:43 AM
HOTTTTTTTTT, man, I am glad that I am sitting in the nice A/C room down here at the Holiday Inn on Willmington in Centerville. Something about getting ready in the swimming pool, hot tub, and nice air that is just awesome. I will be out tonight to drop off some things to "mark" the shade part....we dont want to get Dallas too hot....besides, I would much rather smell the pork, beef, and chicken cooking than him. Will see the early birds tonight....

Rob

Double D's BBQ
07-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Get there early and get some shade, please!

Double D's BBQ
07-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Rob, also ask Jim where the nearest Marion's pizza is. I'm craving one right now! A Dayton tradition!

ZBQ
07-17-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm getting kinda nervous too.
Trying to get everything ready.
Looks like I will be pulling in sometime Friday morning.
Going to go buy the chicken and trim it now.
Trying to decide if I want to go bone in, or boneless. (thighs)
Might try some of both and see how it comes out.
What do you think?

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone.

StayDown
07-17-2008, 10:12 AM
http://www.marionspizza.com/

I am guessing that either the Centerville or the South would be close enough.

Big Mike
07-17-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm getting kinda nervous too.
Trying to get everything ready.
Looks like I will be pulling in sometime Friday morning.
Going to go buy the chicken and trim it now.
Trying to decide if I want to go bone in, or boneless. (thighs)
Might try some of both and see how it comes out.
What do you think?

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone.

I'm thinking you want some xlg breasts.

Big Mike
07-17-2008, 10:17 AM
I will be there after I drop off the soon to be step daughter. That should be around 7.

I'll see ya then.

Double D's BBQ
07-17-2008, 10:20 AM

I've always been a big fan of big breasts!:-D

U2CANQUE
07-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Geeeeeee, I wonder if that has something to do with the logo....nah, must be coincidence.....

ZBQ
07-17-2008, 11:04 AM

I ALWAYS want XLG breasts!!:biggrin:

StayDown
07-17-2008, 11:05 AM
I ALWAYS want XLG breasts!!:biggrin:

I could care less..as long as they are out of the package and I can rub them then I am doing good! :mrgreen:

dhuffjr
07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Rob, also ask Jim where the nearest Marion's pizza is. I'm craving one right now! A Dayton tradition!
I think the One in Kettering on Stroop is the closest/easiest to get to from the site. I've hit two places already for supplies/meat and I'm off to Hospice to see a church member and then hit two more. I'll do some trimming and I think we are coming tonight to set up and stay overnight. The kids are really excited about camping so I figured hey why not. :mrgreen:

The Pigman
07-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Long day been running picking up last min stuff and the meat get back home at 4pm and Travis comes in and says the back tire is almost flat. Yesterday my watch quits. today the tire has a hole in it. Go up and get it fixed and we are loaded and ready to go....sitting in air and looking forward to pulling out in the morn.

Smoky River BBQ
07-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Smoky River will be there...probably not until 3 or 4 Friday afternoon, though. It's the work thing, ya know??

chinesebob
07-17-2008, 11:05 PM
man, I'm glad I'm not competing at this. I'll be there tomorrow to hang out and socialize but will me taking off tomorrow night. Got a 24 hour work weekend and need to get some sleep sometime.

If anyone needs beer, bourbon, or otherwise pm me and I'll pick up some. I do have this bottle of tequila that's dying to get drunk!

StayDown
07-18-2008, 05:48 AM
man, I'm glad I'm not competing at this. I'll be there tomorrow to hang out and socialize but will me taking off tomorrow night. Got a 24 hour work weekend and need to get some sleep sometime.

If anyone needs beer, bourbon, or otherwise pm me and I'll pick up some. I do have this bottle of tequila that's dying to get drunk!

Bob..I am looking forward to meeting you. I will be with Big Mike at Eagle River BBQ.

I was there last night before I had to leave to get some zzzz's before work today and a lot of them teams had already set up.

There were more RV's than I had thought.

I already met some nice people, drank some amazing beer...including a beer that tastes just like beef jerky! Should be a great weekend.

Smoky River BBQ
07-18-2008, 08:01 AM
I will be rolling in this afternoon in a RV. Does anyone know if there is still room? I don't want to get there and end up crowding anyone. Wish I was there now and able to see everyone, but the bills need paid and ol' Rog has to work. Sometimes this adult responsibility thing has it's downside!! haha.
See everyone this afternoon!

StayDown
07-18-2008, 08:39 AM
I will be rolling in this afternoon in a RV. Does anyone know if there is still room? I don't want to get there and end up crowding anyone. Wish I was there now and able to see everyone, but the bills need paid and ol' Rog has to work. Sometimes this adult responsibility thing has it's downside!! haha.
See everyone this afternoon!

There was room as of last night around 9:30. There are more rv's than I thought there would be but I am sure Jim will fit ya in. I should be back there just before the cooks meeting at 5 so make sure to stop by Eagle River and say hi.

Stiltz6ft9in
07-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Is this thing open to the public? I was thinking about coming down with the wife and checking it out. This way I could meet some of you guys and see my first comp.

U2CANQUE
07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
yeah, it is not like a rib burn off, though there is a vendor there selling bbq. But, come on around, introduce yourself to brethren mebers that you have seen here. There are a lot of teams that came in early yesterday, and last night...so come on by...

StayDown
07-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Is this thing open to the public? I was thinking about coming down with the wife and checking it out. This way I could meet some of you guys and see my first comp.

Yeah..what U2 said. Plus. there will be a beer brewing demo on Saturday at 2 which is after the last turn in. Walk around, introduce yourself and have fun. This is my first time at a comp and I am cooking with someone else so I can learn the ropes.

I talked to one of the sponsors last night and thety are hoping for a good turnout of people that are not actually in the comp. This can help spread the word about great Q and great beer.

lmost forgot...they will also be making a wine at the same time they are making a beer.

Stiltz6ft9in
07-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Nevermind, I just realized that it's a 5 hour drive to the comp. That's not gonna fly right now in the budget.

StayDown
07-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Nevermind, I just realized that it's a 5 hour drive to the comp. That's not gonna fly right now in the budget.

Yeah..I was wondering if you were going to be driving all that way. I would have been very impressed! Maybe next time.

Bbq Bubba
07-19-2008, 10:59 PM
A little birdie told me that Curt pulled out a top ten finish???:cool:

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-20-2008, 06:28 AM
that's correct! great job curt! and great job ford with a 9th place overall!!

i ended up 25th overall and i'm tired *yawn*
7th chicken, 13th ribs, 26th pork, 36th brisket

Ron_L
07-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Congrats, Curt, Ford and Rick! Does anyone have the full top 10's they can post?

Smoky River BBQ
07-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Congrats to all the Bretheren who placed.It was a tough comp. I'm afraid I did not represent the Brethren too wel in the standings on this one. Everything that could go wrong...did!. Time to start over! Great to meet everyone!! It was a fun time.

Bbq Bubba
07-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Congrats, Curt, Ford and Rick! Does anyone have the full top 10's they can post?

Anybody???

Big Mike
07-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Here are Results (Brethren Highlighted). Sorry if I missed a Brethren

Overall

GC. Eagle River BBQ
RG. Show Me Your Bones
3. Monty Pigthon
4. Motley Q
5. Shigs in Pit
6. Moonswiners
7. Smokey Mountain Smokers
8. Double Ds
9. Great Lakes BBQ & Feed
10. Bucky McOinkum

Chicken

Monty Pigthon
Shigs n pit
Show Me Your Bones
Smoky Mountain Smokers
Scramblin Eggs BBQ
ZZ Que
Ricks Tropical Delight
Hickory Flats
Ribberfest Barbecue
Getta Que

Ribs

Motley Que
Eagle River Barbecue
Monty Pigthon
Learn2Q
Great Lakes BBQ & Feed
Double Ds
Moonswiners
Smokin Scotsmen
Show Me Your Bones
Perry Brothers

Pork

Moonswiners
Bucky McOinkum
Show Me Your Bones
Great Lakes BBQ & Feed
Smoky Mountain Smokers
Monty Pigthon
Smokin Blues
Double Ds
Motley Que
Hoosier Crawdaddy

Brisket

Eagle River Barbecue
Missouri Avenue BBQ
Shigs in Pit
Gem City Smokers
Motley Que
Smokin Blues
Smokin Scotsmen
Hickory Flats
Double Ds
Great Lakes BBQ & Feed

Ron_L
07-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Congrats to all of the Brethren teams!

bbqbull
07-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Congrats to the Brethren Teams who walked!

Dale P
07-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Yep Perry brothers are Brethren.:shock:

Big Mike
07-20-2008, 11:52 AM
CHIT, Sorry Dale.:oops: It was good meeting ya. Sorry I couldn't get ahold of a sheep or goat for ya.:biggrin:

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-20-2008, 11:58 AM
great job mike! i was going to post the full results last night, but i couldn't see :shock:

add smoky mtn smokers at 4th in chicken and bump the rest down one. then come over to my place and down one and tell me all your secrets! :biggrin:

Dale P
07-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Mike say hi to your cousins for me you know the ones Judge 1 thru 6.:-P

Big Mike
07-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Sorry Dale, I'm an Alabama boy so no cousins up here. It was them playing Sweet Home Alabama right before turn ins that did it for me.

Dale P
07-20-2008, 12:10 PM
I must add that JayAre wins for best supply of good looking females at a site. No offence meant Jay but dayum!

Big Mike
07-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Farker didn't bring em by my place. I'm gonna have to have a chat with that boy.

Dale P
07-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Yep we saw his sign, and since we hadnt had more then a sponge bath in 2 days, we would give JayAre and his harem a break from the smell of marinated hillbillies.

Ron_L
07-20-2008, 01:42 PM
I must add that JayAre wins for best supply of good looking females at a site. No offence meant Jay but dayum!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/ericrwalker/pichers1.jpg

:biggrin:

chinesebob
07-20-2008, 07:52 PM
I made it down and got to see some of you. Didn't get there as early as I wanted to. It looked like a great time. Congrats to everyone.

The Pigman
07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
First time out for me and ended up with 6th place Brisket, 7th place butt and 15th overall

JayAre
07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
:rolleyes:I must add that JayAre wins for best supply of good looking females at a site. No offence meant Jay but dayum!

I'd love to answer with a really clever comment, but Im busy...you dont think that they are all that much into BBQ do ya!???:icon_devil

JayAre
07-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Farker didn't bring em by my place. I'm gonna have to have a chat with that boy.

cheese and rice dude, we were right across the road.!!! guess, you had better things to do like win a GC!!!

The Pigman
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
JayAre I thought it was suppose to be 39th 40th and 41st for you me and Mike....that farker went and won it....................

JayAre
07-20-2008, 09:28 PM
JayAre I thought it was suppose to be 39th 40th and 41st for you me and Mike....that farker went and won it....................

I don't know about you, but I'm just glad I survived! and no DAL at that!, Mike did a great job, we are very happy for 'em!..

I really didn't know what to expect from this comp, but I definitely did not expect the reception that they gave all the rookies, all the veteran teams were awesome, Everyone was very friendly, truth be known, this comp will probably cost me a butt load of money because it wont be my last!!!!

cmcadams
07-20-2008, 09:35 PM
JayAre, that's how we all got sucked in. In fact, my first comp, Jim Weaver, one of the organizers this weekend, saved a spot for us next to him, helped us unload our stuff and set up, and has been a great person to know since.

StayDown
07-21-2008, 05:50 AM
I don't know about you, but I'm just glad I survived! and no DAL at that!, Mike did a great job, we are very happy for 'em!..

I really didn't know what to expect from this comp, but I definitely did not expect the reception that they gave all the rookies, all the veteran teams were awesome, Everyone was very friendly, truth be known, this comp will probably cost me a butt load of money because it wont be my last!!!!

Try being me! I got lucky enough to cook with Mike all weekend and then he goes and wins the Grand. Talk about making someone addicted to competition Q. I am dying to start competing so I can feel that amazing feeling of winning the Grand...but because I did the cook. As happy and giddy as i was that Mike won this weekend..I can't even imagine winning for myself!

StayDown
07-21-2008, 05:58 AM
By the way, anyone have the pictures from from Friday..the Brethren pic? I would like to see it posted so I can save it to my computer.

Dale P
07-21-2008, 06:13 AM
I missed the pic, and the shot, and was 11th overall missing the top ten, dammit man. I am still worn out too. I might just take a couple of days off from drinking, eating, and having fun.

U2CANQUE
07-21-2008, 07:03 AM
I am downloading some of my pictures from the weekend, I tried to get all of the Brethren associates that I could...I have one of you and Mike from our site. Will post as soon as the morning coffee kicks in....

StayDown
07-21-2008, 07:06 AM
I am downloading some of my pictures from the weekend, I tried to get all of the Brethren associates that I could...I have one of you and Mike from our site. Will post as soon as the morning coffee kicks in....

Cool. Thanks man.

I know someone has to have a good copy of the pic we took in front of the artillery cannon.

I am still tired from this weekend...coffee sounds great!

ZBQ
07-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Cool. Thanks man.

I know someone has to have a good copy of the pic we took in front of the artillery cannon.

I am still tired from this weekend...coffee sounds great!

Here ya go.:-D
I'm still wore out too.

StayDown
07-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Here ya go.:-D
I'm still wore out too.

What a bunch of ugly farkers! :lol: We all look so fresh and ready to go there!

Rolling Smoke
07-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Sorry I had to miss the picture by the howitzer guys but they made me spend two hours in make-up just to be interviewed on the radio.

U2CANQUE
07-21-2008, 07:42 AM
And that was the pre-sleeplessness.....we were all a sight of lovely in the morning/afternoon.....

U2CANQUE
07-21-2008, 07:43 AM
That is when you know that you are a beauty in your mothers eyes.....momma always told me that I had the face for radio.....

StayDown
07-21-2008, 08:12 AM
And that was the pre-sleeplessness.....we were all a sight of lovely in the morning/afternoon.....

Come Saturday morning/afternoon we were all looking a little lost. Seems most had that deer in headlights look. :icon_bugeyed

Double D's BBQ
07-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Come Saturday morning/afternoon we were all looking a little lost. Seems most had that deer in headlights look. :icon_bugeyed

That's when I look my best!:-D

The Pigman
07-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Great Time with a group of GREAT people. Thanks for the memories.

StayDown
07-21-2008, 08:25 AM
That's when I look my best!:-D

I would have to agree with you there! :-P

The Pigman
07-21-2008, 08:27 AM
wishing we could have gotten all that was up there in pic....oh well maybe at the bash in NOV.

Double D's BBQ
07-21-2008, 08:28 AM
What about September @ Jim Dandy's. Not as many places to hide there!

Anyone doing Madison, next month? Hope to see many of you there!

Dallas

The Pigman
07-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Dallas I am doing Jim Dandys and maybe helping on team at Madison...............See you there......

Rolling Smoke
07-21-2008, 08:41 AM

Dallas

I'll be at Madison cooking (and drinking) instead of organizing (and drinking):wink:

The Pigman
07-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Guessing Im buying first round Jim.....Thanks again.

cmcadams
07-21-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm going to be at madison, maybe judging, and we'll be competing at Jim Dandy's, hopefully putting out better chicken!

U2CANQUE
07-21-2008, 09:21 AM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=373005471&albumID=872137&imageID=8265369

Smoky River BBQ
07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
What about September @ Jim Dandy's. Not as many places to hide there!

Dallas
I will most definitely be in Madison. If I only do one contest a year, it will be that one.

Smoky River BBQ
07-21-2008, 03:19 PM
By the way, Pigman (Roger), sorry again for having my camper parked in front of you at Kettering...I just stopped where they told me. I'll pay more attention next time.

Rolling Smoke
07-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Blame it on me Roger. I thought Pigman was facing the other way. :wink:

pbrianstark
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks Jim ( Rolling Smoke ) for the great time. You only get one chance to have a first and ours at Jay-Are's was great and you had done a wonderful job of makin us feel at home. Thanks again think JR has been bittin and pretty sure you all will see us again.

Podge
07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks Jim ( Rolling Smoke ) for the great time. You only get one chance to have a first and ours at Jay-Are's was great and you had done a wonderful job of makin us feel at home. Thanks again think JR has been bittin and pretty sure you all will see us again.

you all need to compete in Madison if you can !

pbrianstark
07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
He is talkin about it and i let him know if he went i would be by his side. Ive spent most all day here on this site or lookin at others.

Rick's Tropical Delight
07-21-2008, 04:53 PM
HEY! i cheked the cannon several times at both the photo op announcements and no one was there. dang, i missed it :icon_blush:

Dale P
07-21-2008, 05:52 PM
i was there for the 10:22 shot.:-P

Smoky River BBQ
07-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Blame it on me Roger. I thought Pigman was facing the other way. :wink:
Jim, as good as a contest that you all put on, I am not blaming you for anything that went wrong...you guys get all the blame for the GOOD things that happened...and there were a LOT of good things! I should have paid more attenetion to what was behind me. I don't think either one of us came out any worse for the wear because of it. Looking forward to seeing you in Madison behind the smoker again. If all goes well, I will have my boat in the water this time and maybe we can get some brethren together for a ride down the Ohio.

JayAre
07-21-2008, 06:51 PM
you all need to compete in Madison if you can !.

If I can pull off a couple more days off at work I will be there...I had so much fun and had a great experience, I think my side kicks want to be there to if they can make the time...(Brian and Walt)

Podge, Janine, (aka Spice Girl) said she will only go down there if you light your nipples on fire! (butt darts optional)

The Pigman
07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Jim, as good as a contest that you all put on, I am not blaming you for anything that went wrong...you guys get all the blame for the GOOD things that happened...and there were a LOT of good things! I should have paid more attenetion to what was behind me. I don't think either one of us came out any worse for the wear because of it. Looking forward to seeing you in Madison behind the smoker again. If all goes well, I will have my boat in the water this time and maybe we can get some brethren together for a ride down the Ohio.

Roger I look at it as I met a good guy that wasnt paying attention to his back side. Didnt think you did it on pupose and would like to consider you as a friend for the furtue. boat ride would be nice I will be helping Ribberfest BBQ in the cook Sean I believe it is. And if anyone has his email please send it to me I lost it somewhere in Kettering.

We had a blast and looking forward to seeing all at Madison, Jim Dandys and the BRETHREN BASH in Nov.

Bud's BBQ
07-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Thanks to Jim and the legion for a great event. We really enjoyed meeting so many of the Brethren!!

Still recovering from the heat but looking forward to Taste Of Grand Rapids this weekend.

Congrats to all the Brethren who got calls.

Sidw
07-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Thanks to all involved in putting on a fantastic event. It was great seeing some old friends & making some new ones. We will be at Madison & hope to see a lot of you there.

StayDown
07-22-2008, 07:51 AM
I have to say, the men and women of the legion were great! They kept coming by to see if we were ok or needed anything. I would also like to say thanks to the organizers. I got to meet you and thought that things went smooth all weekend. Great job Jim.

I had a blast meeting and drinking with Mike from Belmont Party Supply. He is a great guy and seemed to really enjoy the contest.

I am looking forward to coming out next year and competing on my own team..I can't think of a better event to start competing at.

Podge
07-22-2008, 07:59 AM
I have to say, the men and women of the legion were great! They kept coming by to see if we were ok or needed anything. I would also like to say thanks to the organizers. I got to meet you and thought that things went smooth all weekend. Great job Jim.

I had a blast meeting and drinking with Mike from Belmont Party Supply. He is a great guy and seemed to really enjoy the contest.

I am looking forward to coming out next year and competing on my own team..I can't think of a better event to start competing at.

I'm sure it was a great event to start competing at, as it was an all around pleasant experience there. It'll definitely be an event you'd want to go to year after year.

StayDown
07-22-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm sure it was a great event to start competing at, as it was an all around pleasant experience there. It'll definitely be an event you'd want to go to year after year.

Yeah, and what better way to start off then to be be cooking with the eventual GC!!! :mrgreen:

Rolling Smoke
07-23-2008, 04:12 AM

Glad you had a good time Brian. I thought JayAre had that crazed look in his eyes after the awards on Saturday.

Rolling Smoke
07-23-2008, 04:17 AM

Thanks Roger. It'll be nice to get back to Madison and get some rest. :wink:

Rolling Smoke
07-23-2008, 04:21 AM

If I can pull off a couple more days off at work I will be there...I had so much fun and had a great experience, I think my side kicks want to be there to if they can make the time...(Brian and Walt)

Podge, Janine, (aka Spice Girl) said she will only go down there if you light your nipples on fire! (butt darts optional)

Want me to talk to Deb for ya? :wink: We're looking forward to Madison and hopefully you guys will be there too.

Rolling Smoke
07-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Thanks to Jim and the legion for a great event. We really enjoyed meeting so many of the Brethren!!

Still recovering from the heat but looking forward to Taste Of Grand Rapids this weekend.

Congrats to all the Brethren who got calls.

Thanks for the good words Walt and it was nice to finally meet you and Theresa. Good luck in GR this weekend.