PDA

View Full Version : Warrensburg, MO Johnson county Fair BBQ

clubjoe
07-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Jeff with Big Creek BBQ and Lee from Sloppy Q teamed up this weekend and it proved to be a deadly combo. The Brethan took no prisoners as they took the Grand Championship. They got a first in Chicken, and Pork. Took a 6th in Ribs and took 6th in Brisket. Oh by the way Jeff's wife Tammy took 2nd in dessert. And to top the whole weekend off Jeff and Tammy's daughter Taylor won the Kid's Q. What a weekend for the Stith's. and Lee. WOW!!! Jeff with KC Can Crew came in a close 3rd overall and my team R Butts R Smokin took 7th overall. Congrats Jeff and Lee you deserve this!!!!

KC_Bobby
07-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Good job Sloppy Creek!

Will we see Sloppy Creek at the Royal?

Solidkick
07-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Well Well! Looky who showed up to cook! :wink: Shaved chicken and all! :twisted:

Absolutely one farkingly huge CONGRATS to Sloopy Creek for their results this weekend!

I applaude your performance this weekend........and Lee.....nice job keeping Jeff on task this weekend! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Seriously, I'm extremely happy for you all! Congrats to Tami and Taylor as well!

WMI
07-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Nice job Big Sloppy !

Congrats to all.

Did the rain hold off ?

Randy, I was all set to head west this morning but I had a little situation that needed my attention asap.

smknwhlswife
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Congrats to Jeff, Lee, Tammy & Taylor!!!!!! Great job guys!

Ron_L
07-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Congrats, guys! Nice job!

DeanC
07-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Congrats Jeff and Lee, it was great to see you win. Randy, you were a great neighbor, thanks to you and Jeff T. for all your help (and the use of the super fast orange thermopen).

Que'inKC
07-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Congats to Sloppy Creek...a WELL deserved win!!!!!

Just Pulin' Pork
07-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Congrats Sloppy Creek way to go. For the record I talked to Jeff at Peculiar and he said "I am taking a break" Well your break was well deserved. Way to go Tammy and Taylor. Something tells me that Sloppy Creek will be entering a contest again real soon!

parrothead
07-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Grats!

Darryld
07-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Congrats Jeff way to go guys setit and forget it bbq

slat
07-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Congrats to everyone. What a great team effort.

Jorge
07-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Guess I have to pick up my own Shiner Sunday morning this year! Congrats!

Jeff_in_KC
07-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks guys! Lee and I put our all into that contest and most important of all, we stayed sober! LOL! Kind of ironic that the two guys who "over-indulged" the most at this event last year would team up to win it this year. :lol: May never win again but now we know how a lot of you guys and gals feel. We're just lucky we got the right tables this time. Looking forward to the Royal!

Dale P
07-13-2008, 02:26 PM
A big congratulations to you guys.

matthew burt
07-13-2008, 03:09 PM
way to go guys, good job.

Jeff_in_KC
07-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Randy, you were a great neighbor, thanks to you and Jeff T. for all your help (and the use of the super fast orange thermopen).

OK to end all the debate... Lee has an orange Therma-Pen. I have a red one. We both plunged them into a brisket flat at the same moment and mine maxed out about one to two seconds before Lee's orange one did. My red one was also one degree higher than Lee's orange one, so the reds are more accurate! :wink::lol:

SloppyQ
07-13-2008, 05:35 PM
OK to end all the debate... Lee has an orange Therma-Pen. I have a red one. We both plunged them into a brisket flat at the same moment and mine maxed out about one to two seconds before Lee's orange one did. My red one was also one degree higher than Lee's orange one, so the reds are more accurate! :wink::lol:

No Pics Didn't Happen!
Orange is still the fastest

On a more serious note, thanks guys the pats on the back mean a lot coming from you all and it was a good time cooking with Jeff.

Jeff@KC
07-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Congrats guys! I had a ton of fun this weekend hangin out with you all... Nobody deserves it more than you. Keep it up!!!

EarlyBird
07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Congrats Jeff and Lee. You guys earned it. Aint it a GREAT feeling getting your name called last? Looking forward to cookin the ROYAL invitational with ya.

Chris

tkuehn5410
07-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys! Lee and I put our all into that contest and most important of all, we stayed sober! LOL! Kind of ironic that the two guys who "over-indulged" the most at this event last year would team up to win it this year. :lol: May never win again but now we know how a lot of you guys and gals feel. We're just lucky we got the right tables this time. Looking forward to the Royal!

sacrilege! sober?

Jeff_in_KC
07-13-2008, 11:41 PM
sacrilege! sober?

:lol: Yeah, Tim... sober!

Fredbird
07-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Congrats guys, see ya at the Royal!

SinginBob
07-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Congrats Lee and Jeff! A clear case where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts!:shock:

But sober?! Really? Does that mean there's an unopened bottle of Cabo somewhere in Lee's tralier?

Good Times!:twisted:

HoDeDo
07-14-2008, 11:56 PM
sacrilege! sober?

He saves those drunk cooks for me lol A first in chicken.... woo hoo glad all my jabbing spured him on to victory.

Congrats Lee and Jeff! A clear case where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts!:shock:

So is Sloppy Creek going to cook again before the royal??? If it drips down your chin into the pleasant hill water supply.... than yer eatin sloppy creek BBQ~!!!! :twisted:

Congrats guys!!!! Lee, I know you have been working hard for a long time.... it's great to see it paying off. Same for you Jeff. I'm happy for you guys!!! Tammy and Taylor having a great showing is icing on the cake.

Jeff_in_KC
07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
So is Sloppy Creek going to cook again before the royal???

Haven't talked about it, Andy. The Royal is expensive enough! :lol: We're probably gonna save our jack for The Jack! :roll::lol:

Tammy and I are discussing the possibility of doing something close to home. I wanted the Harrisonville event but that's on our 10 year wedding anniversary and Tammy vetoed that. I might go do it myself then. :twisted: We're going to TRY to improve on last year's reserve at Blue Springs too. That's about it for me this year.

Jeff_in_KC
07-15-2008, 11:15 PM

I won't mention to Tammy you said this. :shock: