PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Possible Contest Lesterville Mo.

Ashmont
07-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I was asked some time ago if I would do a contest in Lesterville Mo. and needless to say I was not interested at that time. A good friend has asked again and now I am thinking about it.... The place will be a campground with electrical hookups, water ect on the Clear Black River. Floating fishing canoing are within walking... I am just interested to see how many people would be interested in making the trip. It is 2.5 hours from STL. It could be a Friday Saturday or Saturday Sunday contest. Whadda ya think...

MilitantSquatter
07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
too far for me... :icon_blush:

just a suggestion...A potential date might help those interested to see if it conflicts with other contests or family activities they may have already signed up for.

Just Pulin' Pork
07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Where is Lesterville?

matthew burt
07-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Where is Lesterville?
I think close to 5 hours from Olathe.

Ashmont
07-09-2008, 09:13 AM
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Lesterville&state=MO

I am leaning more towards spring but not ruling out late fall. Just wont do one again mid July that was miserable...

slat
07-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I might be interested in doing one there. Could be a really fun time being near the river and all.

Mokin Bandit
07-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Where is Lesterville?

5 hours aint to bad. I'm interested!

Solidkick
07-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Been awhile since I've been down there, but my recollection is it was winding roads with hills....we went to Hermann and went down.....I think about 3.5 to 4 hours from Columbia....

Lesterville is where the damn busted at (I think the name is ) Taum Sauk lake a couple of years ago.

Divemaster
07-09-2008, 01:43 PM
It depends on what is going on comp wise up here... For me, it wouldn't be all that much further to do one in the KC area....

Don't get me wrong, I'd still look at it, but it would need to be worth my while....

Ashmont
07-09-2008, 02:18 PM
It depends on what is going on comp wise up here... For me, it wouldn't be all that much further to do one in the KC area....

Don't get me wrong, I'd still look at it, but it would need to be worth my while....

I will be looking at the site next week and talking to the powers that be... The idea is in its infancy. We would take the entire very large campground. I know they have had horse shows there in the past. Any ideas as far as extra stuff please put it on the table. (Be realistic MOD). I am taking it slow to make sure this is a event that will be great and last. Just getting a feel for the possible attendance. Concerns or do we Sanction or not? What other stuff do we want to put in the business case? Ect...

CritterCook
07-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I love Lesterville. We go there every year. You can count me in.