PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. The Great Goshen Grill Out, Goshen IN - July 11 & 12, 2008

Ford
06-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co will be there. And I have a surprise :eek::eek::eek:

And I have some good cigars in the humidor box today including my birthday cigar for next week. Amazing how much you can pay for a cigar.

Got ribs and chicken ready, briskets aging but small ones this time and we'll pick up the butts just before. There's no Harley for GC so I'll be bringing the golf cart for visiting. Oh and maybe I'll be doing my traditional BBQ breakfast for those in attendance. I have the Strata already in the freezer so when Carol buys the butts she can also see if there any .......

Anybody got plans for dinner Friday night? I'm thinking I can cruise over to Shigs and steal something.

Bud's BBQ
06-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Happy Birthday Ford.....can you send one of those cigars over to Shannon?

Ulcer Acres
06-30-2008, 06:22 AM
Ford, do you know if they have a govenors proc. yet? We are giving serious thoughts of splitting up our team and one of us coming over.

Podge
06-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Ford, do you know if they have a govenors proc. yet? We are giving serious thoughts of splitting up our team and one of us coming over.

yeah, if they do get the proc. I may come up. Not a bad drive.

Scottie
06-30-2008, 09:29 AM
I wonder if I can get the Lake's to let me out of Shannon and go to this one?

Nah, I'll go to Shannon where the competition is for the weekend...

michiana mark
06-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I'll be there Ford. Look forward to breakfast.

Ford
06-30-2008, 04:43 PM
last I heard was it was "on the Governors desk" for signature. Whatever that means. So maybe they will and maybe they won't and they could get it on the morning of the 11th even.

Ford
06-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Happy Birthday Ford.....can you send one of those cigars over to Shannon?
Well Walt here's the thing, if you come to Goshen you get cigars and tendderloin. If you go to Shannon you get the field of dreams. Wish they were on different weekends but a couple of hundred miles each way makes a difference.

Ford
07-01-2008, 04:30 PM
As of this morning there are 12 paid and they are still waiting to hear from the Gov. Guess he doesn't understand the importance this is to some key voters.:biggrin:

Bud's BBQ
07-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Well Walt here's the thing, if you come to Goshen you get cigars and tendderloin. If you go to Shannon you get the field of dreams. Wish they were on different weekends but a couple of hundred miles each way makes a difference.

Ford, have a great 39th Birthday!!!

Ford
07-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Ford, have a great 39th Birthday!!!

Thanks Walt. Party starts for me Thursday when I get home and should go all weekend. I have a get ready for competition to do list a mile long and the most important thing on it is take the Harley to the Dealer for a checkup and price check. Hopefully that's the only time when I won't have a cold one in my hand. Who knows what crazy things I might do.

If you guys are around this weekend and have some free time give us a call and maybe you can come over. Monte Cristo White labels available.

Bud's BBQ
07-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks Walt. Party starts for me Thursday when I get home and should go all weekend. I have a get ready for competition to do list a mile long and the most important thing on it is take the Harley to the Dealer for a checkup and price check. Hopefully that's the only time when I won't have a cold one in my hand. Who knows what crazy things I might do.

If you guys are around this weekend and have some free time give us a call and maybe you can come over. Monte Cristo White labels available.

We'll give you a call.

Scottie
07-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey Walt. Maybe you can bring one over to Shannon then?

Ford
07-01-2008, 07:34 PM
I'll save you one if you are coming to GR.

Bud's BBQ
07-01-2008, 07:51 PM

Tonto got me a nice box of Monte Cristo Whites for Father's day......will share for shiggin secrets.:lol:

Scottie
07-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I've got no secrets. I do have Shiggin cups though...

I'll be at GR. Bringing along a friend...

Scottie

Ron_L
07-01-2008, 09:57 PM

I think a good antibiotic will knock them right out.

Bud's BBQ
07-02-2008, 06:16 AM
........last time I had "shiggin cups", I was in the hospital for a week......

Bud's BBQ
07-02-2008, 06:18 AM

I'll be at GR. Bringing along a friend...

Scottie

A friend, huh.........works in a "factory"?

michiana mark
07-03-2008, 11:06 AM
I see this has been updated to a state championship with the Gov's proclamation.

Ford
07-06-2008, 01:17 PM
So Randy and Podge. Are we going to see you in Goshen? Or maybe I should say Marla and Podge.:biggrin:

I did a google maps on the main and madison intersection where Nick says the contest is being held. Does anybody know where we'll actually setup? Looks like a couple of big parking lots there or is this a street fair kind of thing. I'm thinking of bringing the mobility scooter rather than the golf cart. May be easier to get around.

Looks like it will be a warm one and for here we have T storms so expect we could get a cooling shower. Last time I went to IN for a contest we had a cooling shower lasted all night and made some new lakes. If it happens again I'm giving up on that State.:roll:

Ford
07-13-2008, 09:27 AM
GC All Day Smoke - 660
RC SHigs in Pitt -639
3rd Hoosier Crawdaddy - 632
4th Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co -618
5th Pirates of the Grill - 615

15 teams

Chicken
All Day Smoke
Great Lakes
Pirates of the Grill
Fowl Butt BBQ
Shigs in Pitt

Ribs
Hoosier Crawdaddy
Shigs in Pitt
Roadmaster BBQ
All Day Smoke
Charlies Butcher Block

Pork
All Day Smoke
Roadmaster BBQ
Port-A-Jons BBQ
Hoosier Crawddaddy
Shigs in Pitt

Brisket
Shigs in Pitt
All Day Smoke
Hoosier Crawdaddy
Great Lakes BBQ
Pirates of the Grill

Great Contest. A few first year problems but nothing htey didn't fix. Great service for cooks.

Bbq Bubba
07-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Congrats Ford, another nice finish.

See your still kicking tail in chicken! :biggrin:

bbqbull
07-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Congrats Ford!

michiana mark
07-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Ford, nice to meet you. Had a great time, except for the weather. Have to work on my chicken still(7th), and I didn't trust the "force" on the brisket, and the scores showed it. Real happy with the pork(2nd) and the ribs(3rd). Overall a 7th, not bad for the second time out. Meet a lot of good people, parked on Michigan's "Murderers Row" All Day Smoke, Pork of The North, and Great Lakes BBQ& Feed. See ya in MT. Morris.:-P

ZBQ
07-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Nice showing Ford!!
Congrats!

Looking forward to meeting you in Kettering.

Ron_L
07-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Congrats, Ford and Mark!

Bbq Bubba
07-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Ford, nice to meet you. Had a great time, except for the weather. Have to work on my chicken still(7th), and I didn't trust the "force" on the brisket, and the scores showed it. Real happy with the pork(2nd) and the ribs(3rd). Overall a 7th, not bad for the second time out. Meet a lot of good people, parked on Michigan's "Murderers Row" All Day Smoke, Pork of The North, and Great Lakes BBQ& Feed. See ya in MT. Morris.:-P

Nice job Mark, your a natural!
See you for sure in August! :cool:

Nice hanging out with the Michigan BBQ Mafia!!

Bud's BBQ
07-14-2008, 05:49 AM
Good going Ford and Mark. Look forward to seeing both of you over the next few weeks.

Bud's BBQ
07-14-2008, 05:50 AM
All Day Smoke is on a great roll!! Congrats Jim, John and team.

Neil
07-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Congrats to Ford and Mark. Hope to check you out in GR.

tonto1117
07-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Congrat's Ford and Mark!!!!8)

michiana mark
07-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Congrats to Ford and Mark. Hope to check you out in GR.

You'll have to settle for Ford. I'll be in Chicago picking up the son, home for his first leave from the Navy. Anchors away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford
07-14-2008, 05:31 PM
pics and audio here. Don't believe anything the Shigs say. They were being recorded at midnight Friday and we all know what that means.

http://www.etruth.com/Know/News/Story.aspx?id=455939 (http://www.etruth.com/Know/News/Story.aspx?id=455939)