PDA

View Full Version : *** StayDown/ Dayton,Ohio Area

StayDown
06-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Hey, my name is Turk and I want to learn to Q and have always wanted to try my hand competition Q.

I would be willing to help a team out just so I can get my feet wet, learn some things and also be apart of the Q world that I love so much.

Rick's Tropical Delight
06-27-2008, 07:06 AM
hey, man!

this will be my first comp in kettering in july, so i really won't know what i'm doing, but i think you could get some good experience by attending this:

ohio veteran barbeque comp (http://www.ohiovetbbq.com/)

there will be a lot of brethren there 8)

StayDown
06-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah..one of the other guys offered to let me hang out and learn some stuff. I am looking forward to this. Hell, I might even have my first UDS done by then but not cooked in yet.

Now all I have to do is figure out who is who and how I can recognize all the cool people I have met on here!

Bbq Bubba
06-27-2008, 09:37 AM
They'll all be wearing these.......

Bbq Bubba
06-27-2008, 09:39 AM
And you'll see a lot of these......

StayDown
06-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Looks easy enough to figure out!! I can't wait. This will be the first competition I have ever attended!

BBQ Grail
06-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Some may even look like this:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd35/Divemaster_album/Photo_01.jpg

STX Cue
06-27-2008, 05:07 PM
If it were me, I would avoid those that look like the last, but that is entirely up to you.

Ford
06-28-2008, 05:17 AM
http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/bikehome.jpg.w300h448.jpgI'll be there and won't be wearing the hat or putting up a banner. So here's a pic of me and while I generally don't approve of folks wearing outfits that say Love Master he is the one that arranged the contest where the HD was the GC so he's a good guy. Just a little strange and he may have some alcohol problems when he's arround certain groups of people :twisted::biggrin:

StayDown
06-28-2008, 06:51 AM
http://home.netcom.com/%7Ealisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/bikehome.jpg.w300h448.jpgI'll be there and won't be wearing the hat or putting up a banner. So here's a pic of me and while I generally don't approve of folks wearing outfits that say Love Master he is the one that arranged the contest where the HD was the GC so he's a good guy. Just a little strange and he may have some alcohol problems when he's arround certain groups of people :twisted::biggrin:

That looks like a shovelhead. Nice bike man. I worked for a custom bike shop building bikes from the ground up until I got my job working on base. I miss that farking job but love my new one.

Rick's Tropical Delight
06-28-2008, 05:00 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! holy carp! is the love master coming to kettering!?

i'll be servin up big green egg pizzas on thursday and friday in kettering, so come on over. listen for the rv with reggae drifting around

Ford
06-28-2008, 05:07 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! holy carp! is the love master coming to kettering!?

i'll be servin up big green egg pizzas on thursday and friday in kettering, so come on over. listen for the rv with reggae drifting around
nope just me. Although I have a Brethren helper again. Last time sure worked for me.

ZBQ
07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I'll be there.

<------------Just look for this big red pit

Big Z's Fine Swine

You're welcome at my site and I'm sure others too
Make sure you at least stop by and shoot the breeze for a while:grin:

Podge
07-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey, my name is Turk and I want to learn to Q and have always wanted to try my hand competition Q.

I would be willing to help a team out just so I can get my feet wet, learn some things and also be apart of the Q world that I love so much.

I don't need any help for this contest, since i have some people meeting me there, but be sure to stop by !!

StayDown
07-05-2008, 08:59 AM
I will be there and I will try and say hi to as many brethren as I can.

Bbq Bubba
07-05-2008, 05:33 PM
nope just me. Although I have a Brethren helper again. Last time sure worked for me.

Worked pretty good for him also from what i hear!! :mrgreen:

dhuffjr
07-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey Staydown. I'll be the younger better looking guy with Eggs there. :biggrin: See ya next week.

The Pigman
07-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I aint got no eggs but I will be there.....deer chili on fri.night

dhuffjr
07-11-2008, 10:04 PM
I aint got no eggs but I will be there.....deer chili on fri.night
No worries. The Legion Post guys had eggs Saturday morning for breakfast last year :wink:

StayDown
07-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Damn...Deer Chili?? That sounds amazing!!! I met Mike this week and got a chance to check out his smokers. Nice rig and I can't wait to learn some stuff.

I will be the guy that looks lost cooking with Mike with the hot and heavily tattooed woman with me!

U2CANQUE
07-19-2008, 08:40 PM
glad that you got to have a blast your first time around a comp....was good to meet you guys over the weekend....

Rob

StayDown
07-20-2008, 07:10 AM
All I can say is wow!!!!

Big Mike
07-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I enjoyed having yall with me. Hopefully I was able to help ya out some. Don't be a stranger.

Coz
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
I think these guys takin on Brethren helpers and then winning is just the BBQ gods returning the good deed!Any one that gets the chance to see Ford in action would be damn dumb to pass on the chance.I know that I learned some great things.No secret recipes:sad: But good solid prep and and good time line.Thanks again Ford !

StayDown
07-21-2008, 05:46 AM
I enjoyed having yall with me. Hopefully I was able to help ya out some. Don't be a stranger.

Yes you did help me out a ton and you didn't hide anything either. Your secrets are safe with me!

I learned a lot about prepping, time lines, preparing boxes and then filling them for turn ins. I just hope I can remember half of what you showed me. If I can then I will be feeling ok the first time I compete.

And no worries, I will keep in touch Mike. I plan on using you as a guinea pig for some of my cooks!

Mackenzie and I were lucky to be able to work with you and learn from the Ohio GC!! :biggrin:

This site is amazing because unlike elsewhere in the Q world, brethren are willing to help out the new folks by cooking woth them and giving them some tips and tricks.

The Brethren rock!

The Pigman
07-21-2008, 08:39 AM
I agree BRETHREN ROCK