PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati; Findley Market contest Cancelled

QN
06-23-2008, 01:38 PM
This just in from the contest organizer.

After careful consideration and consultation with some local cookers in sanctioned KCBS contests, we have decided not to hold a sanctioned event this year. After we got into the planning and talked with folks from other events, we realized that we had started too late to plan a well run event this year. We do not want to run the risk of having an event that is poorly organized in a venue that is already challenging and run the risk of damaging the reputation of Findlay Market and our chances to have a good event next year.

We hope to spend the next 13 months seeking sponsors and planning for a great KCBS sanctioned event in Cincinnati next year. Thanks for all of the advice and enthusiasm that you generously provided us with. I am impressed with the KCBS family and heard many good things about the contests that you sanction. We still plan to attend the VFW event in July in Dayton, Ohio and in Madison, Indiana in August.

Sledneck
06-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Very honorable. I like it

Podge
06-23-2008, 06:13 PM
well, if they are in a rush, ain't no sense in doing it. Tell them to look me up in Kettering or madison...