PDA

View Full Version : Fort Atkinson, WI - Updated with results

Divemaster
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Any one going this weekend???

I'm going and I heard that Ford was going to be there. Any body else????

BanditBBQ
06-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Didn't know about this contest...already signed up to do Mt. Vernon, Illinois (only 30 minutes from home), but if they're not on the same weekend next year, will consider it. Do they have a website?

Carpe 'Que,
Jim

Coz
06-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I plan on being there hiding behind Ford.My question is ...Are the grounds under water.I am somewhat familar with the area as I used to coon hunt the area and there is an awful lot of low ground.Dive you may want to call Billy and see if this is in one of those low areas and if it is if they have been out there lately?

Ron_L
06-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Good luck, guys!

Ford
06-12-2008, 06:18 PM
I plan on being there hiding behind Ford.My question is ...Are the grounds under water.I am somewhat familar with the area as I used to coon hunt the area and there is an awful lot of low ground.Dive you may want to call Billy and see if this is in one of those low areas and if it is if they have been out there lately?

Billy assures me the site is high and dry as are all the roads around there. If I get there and the ground won't hold the 10,000+ pounds of my truck and trailer then I may be a tad upset. But he says there's gravel to park on as well as grass so I'll be there by 10 I hope if the roads in IL are open. Going to pay tolls and stay on the interstate.

Coz
06-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I may have to portage the car across some of the creeks.The low lying areas around our area are in a lot of trouble.

Bbq Bubba
06-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Early report has Ford winning the Harley (GC) and Divemaster taking 3rd in his first contest!!
Congrats guys and look forward to the pics and of course the stories!! :cool:

Ron_L
06-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Congrats to both Ford and Dive! Nice job!

Coz
06-14-2008, 07:57 PM
I had the pleasure of spending the comp with Ford.Man just rolls thru turn ins and sits and relaxes.It was time well spent for me.It was great to meet Dive and some others.I have pics of Fords winnings but cant seem to post them.

Spydermike72
06-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Congrats Ford!! I hope I get to see that Harley at Grand Rapids!!

Bbq Bubba
06-14-2008, 10:05 PM
I had the pleasure of spending the comp with Ford.Man just rolls thru turn ins and sits and relaxes.It was time well spent for me.It was great to meet Dive and some others.I have pics of Fords winnings but cant seem to post them.

You musta rubbed off on him.....:cool:

Ford
06-15-2008, 06:06 AM
What a great contest. Great people, excellent facilities, and a bar tender that wanted to get up at 4 am to make us coffee and bloody mary's. And the GC is pretty cool. I heard a rumor that no pics and it didn't happen. I'm sure there will be more posts but here's a couple.

http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/fordandbike.jpg.w300h225.jpg

http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/bike.jpg.w300h225.jpg

http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/aircleaner.jpg.w300h225.jpg

1961 HD Sportster with a rebuilt 1979 900cc engine. I decided to keep the bike rather than trade for the golf cart that was also way cool. The air cleaner is custom engraved with the contest logo.

Double D's BBQ
06-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Wow! Congratulations Ford on GC. That's the nicest GC Trophy I've ever seen. Enjoy!

BanditBBQ
06-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Great job Ford! Congrats!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Spydermike72
06-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Congrats Divemaster on your 3rd place finish!! Way to go!!

Solidkick
06-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Congrats brothers Ford and Divemaster! Nice Trophy, Ford!
Dive.....what can I say, I'm impressed, I'm very happy for you!

Bbq Bubba
06-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Congrats again Jeff!!
Musta took alot outta ya...wake up boy and post some pics of that trophy!! :cool:

bbqbull
06-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Congrats Ford and Divemaster!

Bud's BBQ
06-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Congrats to Ford and Dive.

Ford, the Harley is a considerable step up from a golf card to get you to the awards ceremony!:wink:........does it have a side car for Theresa:razz:

Tell us more about the bar tender(ess??)

How many teams participated? Sounds like a great event.

Ford
06-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Congrats to Ford and Dive.

Ford, the Harley is a considerable step up from a golf card to get you to the awards ceremony!:wink:........does it have a side car for Theresa:razz:

Tell us more about the bar tender(ess??)

How many teams participated? Sounds like a great event.

"what happens in Ft Atkinson, stays in Ft Atkinson".

However it was a biker guy. And as far as anything else you need to talk with the guys that stayed the night. I understand that entertainment was being imported for the evening and for some strange reason the club house has a fire house pole in it.:twisted: But of course as I stated I left by 3 pm before the wet tshirt contest and bikini bike wash.

10 teams paid and 6 showed up with the other 4 either fighting water in their homes or not able to get around closed roads. WI is a real mess and we've had it easy compared to them.

I plan to go abck next year if they decide to have another. They may again limit teams to 24 but it's not always about qualifying. This one was about fun, raising money for charity, kicking butt and riding off into the sunset on the Harley.

txschutte
06-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Those type of smaller non-sanctioned events are right up my alley. Next year may be in the cards for me.

Congrats to Ford and Dive for a great showing.

Ford, if you get bored with the scooter, I may be willing to trade a 10 yo kid for it.:shock::eek::lol:

Divemaster
06-15-2008, 10:11 PM
It was a great experience!!!!

To all that were there, thank you for having a calming effect on this first timer!

Billy, what can I say, you out did yourself again.

1st Annual "Wolf it Down" Competition (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/album.php?albumid=99)

KC_Bobby
06-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Congrats Ford and Dive!

Harbormaster
06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Congratulations Ford and Dive!
Wish I could have been there.

michiana mark
06-16-2008, 12:01 PM
congrats to Ford and Dive. Great job guys.

The_Kapn
06-16-2008, 02:35 PM
That is a special win guys!

Proud of you.

TIM

afreemaniii
06-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Congratulations to both of you. That is just down the road from me, I'll keep this one the list if they come back again next year.

Rub
06-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Sweet prize, congrats Ford and you too Dive!

FatBoyz
06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
I want to thank all who came it was a great time and i hope you all had as good a time as i did... i am sorry i got bibbsed but hell you gotta do what you gotta do right ... Jeff sorry about your tire i am shure it will wipe off... Ford eddy is sending all the info an the training wheels.... Cos i really did enjoy seeing you again... i want to thank all tiy ass holes who helped stitch with the Billy Bowling idea your good freinds *******s.... i dont know what thay will build next year but god help us all i hear about a ultra classic a heritage and a streatch costum... thanks for your time your freindship and your beer and your food.your alkaseltser....and the food

Stitch
06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I too want to say thanks to all that came out. We all had a good time and look forward to seeing you guys again. Next year we are talking about making it a friday-sunday event. So we will have more stuff going on Saturday in the morning to help keep you guys awake. Thank you all for coming out.

P.S. the Billy board fund is up to $3.57 :wink:

Ford
06-17-2008, 05:03 AM
a couple more pics.

http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/golfcart.jpg.w300h225.jpg

http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/chickentrophy.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Coz
06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
I too want to say thanks to all that came out. We all had a good time and look forward to seeing you guys again. Next year we are talking about making it a friday-sunday event. So we will have more stuff going on Saturday in the morning to help keep you guys awake. Thank you all for coming out.

P.S. the Billy board fund is up to $3.57 :wink:

Stitch,I offered up a 20 for the Billy board.Gotta make that happen next year.I bet Bibs would help.Maybe we could have a pool on how long it takes the black dog to catch Billy if we were to tie a bag of brisket trimmings to his neck?:eek: