PDA

View Full Version : Results--Maryville KS 6/6-6/7

Solidkick
06-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I didn't know anyone from here was cooking this one.....you all kept it quite!

Results copied from another forum.....

Overall
1 Early Bird
2 Munchin Hogs
3 Florida Skin and Bones
4 All American BBQ
5 StuBQ
6 Highway Star BBQ Club
7 Smoke on Wheels
8 Kansas Speedway
9 Roy's Roadkill Cafe
10 Blake Frazee Team

Chicken
1 Florida Skin and Bones
2 Straight Pipe Smokers
3 Big Rack BBQ
4 Pig haulin Griller
5 BBQ'n and Boobs
6 Roy's Roadkill Cafe
7 All Amercian BBQ
8 The Pirate Pig
9 Nemaha County Border Bandit's
10 Munchin Hogs

Ribs
1 Early Bird BBQ
2 StuBQ
3 Florida Skin and Bones
4 Highway Star BBQ
5 Munchin Hogs
6 Kansas Speedway
7 Blake Frazee Team
8 Elm Creek Cookers
9 All American BBQ
10 Pig haulin Griller

Pork
1 Early Bird BBQ
2 Highway Star BBQ
3 All American BBQ
4 Smoke on Wheels
5 Tecumseh Manor BBQ
6 Grauer's Hawg Wash BBQ
7 Roy's Roadkill Cafe
8 Blake Frazee Team
9 Mel's BBQ
10 Munchin Hog's

Brisket
1 Munchin Hog's
2 Florida Skin and Bones
3 Early Bird BBQ
4 StuBQ
5 Smoke on Wheels
6 Mel's BBQ
7 Spring Creek Smoke House
8 Roy's Roadkill Cafe
9 All American BBQ
10 Beer Belly BBQ

Congrats Andy & Kim! (If I missed any other Brethren let me know and I will be glad to highlight your team name)

Bride of Roo(BQ'n)
06-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Good Job Andy and Kim.....!!

Plowboy
06-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Early Bird (Chris Early) is a member here, but doesn't post much.

Rub
06-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Congrats to the Brethren!

slat
06-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Congrats on the walks.

smknwhlswife
06-09-2008, 10:45 AM
This was a great contest. Andy had to do the 2nd half of the contest on his own. I had to leave Sat. morning due to the girls' dance recital. Early's son, Jake, ran the boxes for Andy and then they helped him pack up.

Congrats Early Bird BBQ on your 1st Grand! And thanks for your help!

Neal
06-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Nice job Early Bird!
It's was great to see that he won his first GC...couldn't happen to a better guy!
Keep it up, man!

EarlyBird
06-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Thank you everybody for the kind words. We were really suprised to win our 1st GC. The feeling is AWESOME. I have a smile on my face that won't go away. Congrats to all who got calls. And to to person who stole the prok butt off my pit. I hope you ate some of it and got the ****z!

Chris
Early Bird BBQ

Neal
06-09-2008, 12:52 PM
And to to person who stole the prok butt off my pit. I hope you ate some of it and got the ****z!

What!? Story please...

EarlyBird
06-09-2008, 01:41 PM
At this contest they gave the teams pork butts to cook for the peoples choice which started after turnins at 2 pm. I took 4. I put them on the Lang around 9pm. Around midnight Jana went to sleep on the blowup mattress 10 feet from the pit (no trailer this week). I was drinkin next door with Munchin Rob and about 1:30 am a couple of young long hair stoner teens came by looking for food. We told them we didn't have any and they left. At 2:30 I went to bed and noticed there was a can of Bud Light sitting on the outside shelf of my pit. I thought that was weird because nobody in my group drank that. At 4:30 am I got up to tend the fire and looked in the pit and there were only 3 butts. I told the organizer, Bob, about it in the morning and he mentioned the long haired boys were going to all the team sites and asking for food because they had the munchies. I can't say it was them for sure but they are the prime suspect. It was nowhere near done. I hope they ate it and got the runz or wormz or sick. At least it was the peoples choice butt and not one of my SPECIAL pork butts. Didn't get called in peoples choice.

Chris

SinginBob
06-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Congrats Chris and Jenna!! You guys were due!

Congrats to Andy and Kim, too.:icon_clown

SloppyQ
06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Good job Chris and Jenna , your time was overdue.

HoDeDo
06-09-2008, 08:21 PM
BIG Congrats to the Early Bird CREW!!!! STRONG win... TWO First place calls and a 3rd... that isnt just GC material.... that was a shellacking.

Way to go!!! And a special thanks to Jake Early -- he helped me pick my turn in cuts (taste testing by 3rd party mod) and helped me with getting my boxes in. Managed the Clock and ran the boxes!

Then after they finished kicking butt.... the whole family helped me get my EZ-UP down in the 30 mph wind and get my trailer packed up from the impending storm. Really saved my butt. Gracious Winners by any standard.