So will Captain Ron!

Party in the Smo Sco Mo Ho!

Huh?

tonto1117
06-08-2008, 10:02 AM
So will Captain Ron!

Huh?

LOL....clever....very clever:-D And yes...:biggrin:8-). Now if I can get a bit of MO JO working, we'll be set!!!

Bbq Bubba
06-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Lets see if i got this right.....

The Smo Sco's will be getting their MoJo on in the Mo ho??? :shock:

Ron_L
06-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Trailer!!!!! :-d

Stoke&Smoke
06-08-2008, 01:18 PM
2 Skinny Cooks will be there!

Looking forward to seeing everybody again! We'll be travelling a bit lighter than last time due to the short deadline to tear down and get out. I think we were the last ones out of Westmont!

Bud's BBQ
06-08-2008, 01:52 PM
So will Captain Ron!

Huh?

Lets see if i got this right.....

The Smo Sco's will be getting their MoJo on in the Mo ho??? :shock:

Yo, Yo Bro - the Smo Scos get their MoJo in the Mo Ho - :icon_devil

........oh no!!!

zabor16
06-09-2008, 08:55 AM
I will be judging there and will stick around to hopefully see some of the brethren walk.

Scottie
06-09-2008, 10:07 AM
I'll be there... They had a few teams drop out and now have 36. So if anyone is looking for a contest this weekend..... They have some spots available...

Scottie

billm
06-10-2008, 07:37 AM
I'll be there... They had a few teams drop out and now have 36. So if anyone is looking for a contest this weekend..... They have some spots available...

Scottie
I offered to judge this one but he said he had way too many judges..now i know why..anyway Ill be up on Friday night..see ya then Scottie

Bbq Bubba
06-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Anybody got results???

Bbq Bubba
06-14-2008, 05:52 PM
GC-Smokin clones
RGC- Capt. Ron's Brew n crew....:eek:
3rd- Smokin Scotsmen...
Congrats to a 2nd and 3rd by the Brethren!!

Spydermike72
06-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Way to Go Scotsmen!! Congrats to all of the Brethren that walked!!

billm
06-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Big congrats to Ron and Tonto!
Ron-were you able to carry that grill back with that huge trophy in your hand?

Ron_L
06-14-2008, 06:49 PM
GC-Smokin clones
RGC- Capt. Ron's Brew n crew....:eek:
3rd- Smokin Scotsmen...
Congrats to a 2nd and 3rd by the Brethren!!

Thanks, Bubba! Not that I am being picky, but it's Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que. They called our name wrong all day. But at least hey were calling our name!

Big congrats to Ron and Tonto!
Ron-were you able to carry that grill back with that huge trophy in your hand?

It was a little hard to steer with the trophy and very had to steer with the Kettle on my lap :-D

I don't remember too many of the details and I am still in shock, but here is what I remember. Tonto or Bud can fill in some of the blanks...

GC - Iowa Smokey D's BBQ (Darrin and family form the Smokin' Clones)
RGC - Us! R-farking G-farking C!
3rd - The Smokin' Scotsmen

Congrats to Bud and Theresa on three or for walks (I lost count) and third place!

We also took 7th in chicken, 4th in ribs and 1st in Brisket! My pork was over cooked so we tanked there.

Besides the trophy and cash the RGC included a Weber One Touch Silver (just what I need, another grill :-D) and I think I remember someone saying that we received a free entry into the same comp next year.

Hopefully someone with more energy will post the full results. There were other Brethren present, both cooking and judging. The Two Skinny Cooks (Dann and Diane) were there as well as Billm and Scotty and we got to meet Zabor and his wife.

MilitantSquatter
06-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Wow !!!

Way to go Ronelle and Tonto !!! Congrats !!

BBQ_MAFIA
06-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Congrats

big brother smoke
06-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Damn, Ronelle and Tonto you have made us proud!

Tonto it was the song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC9FtLQJoGM)!

Coz
06-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Congrats all around.Well done.

Double D's BBQ
06-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Congratulations Ron and Tonto!

Ron_L
06-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Here are the full results...

Overall
1. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
2. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que (Who hoo!)
3. Smokin' Scotsmen (Woo hoo!)
4. Windy City Smokers
5. Smokey Joel/Cubby Bear
6. Florida Smoke & Bones
7. The Smoke Hunters
8. All Day Smoke
9. KRE Smokers
10. The Church of Swinetology

Chicken
1. Florida Skin & Bones
2. Joey Mac's Smoke Stax BBQ
3. Memphis in Mundelein
4. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
5. Smokey Joel/Cubby Bear
6. RX BBQ
7. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
8. Bartlett Boneheads
9. Sly Fox
10. KRE Smokers

Ribs
1. Florida Skin & Bones
2. Windy City Smokers
3. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
4. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
5. The Smoke Hunters
6. Smokin' Scotsmen
7. Quau
8. Cancer Sucks Chicago
9. KRE Smokers
10. Bartlett Boneheads

Pork
1. Bare Bones BBQ Team
2. Joey Mac's Smoke Stax BBQ
3. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
4. Porkcrastinators
5. Smokin' Scotsmen
6. KRE Smokers
7. The BBQtioners
8. The Church of Swinetology
9. The Smoke Hunters
10. Windy City Smokers

Brisket
1. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que (Woo hoo!)
2. All Day Smoke
3. Smokey Joel/Cubby Bear
4. Cancer Sucks Chicago
5. Windy City Smokers
6. The Church of Swinetology
7. Quau
8. Smokin' Scotsmen
9. The Smoke Hunters
10. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ

We only took a few pictures. What I have are here (http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/Ron_L/Elk%20Grove%20Ribfest%202008/).

zabor16
06-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Congrats to all the Brethren that walked and a big hoo rah to Ron and Tonto. It was good seeing y'all!

Ron_L
06-15-2008, 11:05 AM
It was very nice to meet you and Sherry, Jim! If you see us at a competition in the future make sure you stop by!

Solidkick
06-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Congrats to all that walked......a special Congrats to my longtime brother Ronelle....you was da' man this weekend!! I'm so happy for you!

Noodles9959
06-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks to everyone that attended the Elk Grove ROtary Rib Fest, you guys
make it easy for a guy like me to run things. Complete top 10 will be posted this afternoon

Ron Nunes
Elk Grove Rotary Rib Fest

bbqbull
06-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Congrats to all the Brethren teams that walked.

Way to go Smokin Scots and Capt. Ron!

Bud's BBQ
06-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Great to see Ron L pick up the hardware!! Not bad for someone who didn't even remember Salt and Pepper:lol:. We are so happy for you Ron. Congrats to all who walked.

Ron N worked his arse off to pull off a great contest and we will be back.
Walt and Tonto

Ford
06-15-2008, 02:29 PM
congrats to all and special congrats to Walt and Theresa. Now if you can just learn to cook chicken. I'd suggest helping me at Goshen but so far the folks that have helped me still can't cook chicken. :biggrin:

WAIT - Why not bring the FE and try chicken in it. Eagle- 1st, WAMAC - 1st, Fairbanks - 1st, Ft Atkinson - 1st, GAB Invite 28th, GAB Open 23rd. Not a bad year so far using the FE for chicken.

Bud's BBQ
06-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm thinkig Col. Sanders for our next chicken turn in..............no FE required:mrgreen:

Stoke&Smoke
06-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks to everyone that attended the Elk Grove ROtary Rib Fest, you guys
make it easy for a guy like me to run things. Complete top 10 will be posted this afternoon

Ron Nunes
Elk Grove Rotary Rib Fest
Thanks Ron, you guys did a very nice job!

We're a bit bummed. We thought we were way more relaxed and prepared on our second comp, but the results showed we did quite a bit worse, in fact, we achieved (?) a DAL for Chicken. I made a pretty big mistake during prep, so didn't really think it was a huge surprise. At least if the judges didn't like our stuff, the Elk Grove coppers sure did!

We were dissapointed that our other entries, particularly our ribs didn't do better. Oh well, at least our fellow competitors like our apple pie shots!

But, we didn't come home with nothing....got a really nice sunburn, and a pretty good second degree burn on my leg from getting just a little to close to our rib cooker....then fell backwards onto the handle of one of our bullet domes....Ouch!!!:mad: Oh well, at least we have a custom handle mod for future comps!

BUT, wanted to say what a great time we had despite some odd hiccups along the way!

To all our neighbors, and many of our new freinds, thanks so much for treating us so nicely!

Walt and Theresa (Smokin' Scotsmen) thanks, as always, for your kind words!

Ron (and also all that walked) Congrats and huge props on your walk(s)

Seth, thanks for the advice Friday night, we will take much of what you said to heart.

Scotty, thanks so much for allowing me to participate in the Saturday morning ritual, and also for allowing my neice the interview 15 minutes before chicken was due! It was very generous of you given the circumstances, and I hope it didn't cause you a problem with your chicken scores!

Rick, from smoke hunters. Rob, and all the guys from BearCat smokers, it was great having you as neighbors.

I'm thinking we may cook, rather than judge Shannon after all...what the hell, if we're going to drive all the way out there, may as well make an event of it!!! Will have to see if our schedule allows it!

For the hell of it, I'm posting our pron for the event. Be gentle, it's only our second comp! (and yes, I forgot to sauce the damn pork!)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the help and encouragement. If we take home no awards, we still have some very good memories. (Not to mention a sunburn and a pretty nasty 2nd degree leg burn!)

See everyone next time!!!
Dann and Diane

Oh, here's the pron... http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/2SkinnyCooks/

Ron_L
06-15-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry about your leg, Dann! I'm sure that hurt like crazy. It was great o see you and Diane and I am glad that you are going to cook at Shannon. It's a strong field, but it is a great competition and a lot of fun. We'll see you there!

Oh... And thank Diane for her late night visit with her "little blue bag of fun" :rolleyes: (at least I think the bag was blue...).

Divemaster
06-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Congrats to both Ron, Tonto, and Walt!!!!

Neil
06-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Congrats Ronl, Walt, and Theresa. Way to go!:biggrin:

Dale P
06-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Congats to all the Brethren that got to walk.

Brew-B-Q
06-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Congrats Ron! Congrats to everyone else that walked. I really wanted to come hang out on Friday, but I got tied up at home with the kids. Sounds like a great comp.

Stoke&Smoke
06-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry about your leg, Dann! I'm sure that hurt like crazy. It was great o see you and Diane and I am glad that you are going to cook at Shannon. It's a strong field, but it is a great competition and a lot of fun. We'll see you there!

Oh... And thank Diane for her late night visit with her "little blue bag of fun" :rolleyes: (at least I think the bag was blue...).

Thanks Ron! I just emailed Mike Lake to see if we're too late. Their site seems to be down.

Yes, the bag was blue, and Di says you're welcome! She enjoyed making freinds and sharing libations with lots of folks! I'll remember to bring coffee mugs to Shannon so we can sample your coffee as well!

Honestly, the leg doesn't hurt as much as the DAL for chicken did.:twisted:

I also thought our ribs looked and tasted better than a 21st, but I guess that's life in (or out of) the funny pages. We'll try harder next time!:lol:

by the way, here they are... http://photobucket.com/2sc

As for you, maybe you should get another trailer to haul your awards!:biggrin:

Ron_L
06-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks Ron! I just emailed Mike Lake to see if we're too late. Their site seems to be down.

Yes, the bag was blue, and Di says you're welcome! I'll remember to bring coffee mugs to Shannon so we can sample your coffee as well!

Honestly, the leg doesn't hurt as much as the DAL for chicken did.:twisted:

I also thought our ribs looked an tasted better than a 21st, but I guess that's life in (or out of) the funny pages. We'll try harder next time!:lol:

As for you, maybe you should get another trailer to haul your awards!:biggrin:

I hope we get to the point where we need more room for awards :-D

I sent Mike an e-mail about the site yesterday. They are out of town until Tuesday so he will check it out then. I hope you guys get in. I'll make sure to make a bigger pot of coffee :rolleyes:

michiana mark
06-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Congrats to Ron L, Bud and Tonto, great job guys.

slat
06-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Congrat to all who walked.

Bigdog
06-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Congrats Ron and Co. I think it was the new name that put you over the top. :wink: