3 - BabyBack BBQ
4 - BBQ Council
5 - Earnie's Beer Bait & BBQ
6 - Firehouse BBQ
7 - Shotgun BBQ
8 - One More bite bbq
9 - Starvin Marvins BBQ
10 - Rogue "Q" Smokers

Brethren are in Red - Please let me know if I missed anyone.

Congrats to all that got a call and a special thank you to Tom and Char of Roo ' B ' Q for loaning me a table and a Backwoods to cook on.

To explain; I came to the contest with Shotgun BBQ to cook ribs for them. A team dropped out and they needed a team to fill in to get 25 teams. I jumped at it. I still cooked shotguns ribs on their cooker while doing my entries.
Looking back, if I would have just did Shotgun BBQ's ribs and got the 1st that I got as BBQ Council, we would have been RGC....damn it!!!!!

It was a great contest anyway and we had a wonderful time.

watertowerbbq
05-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Congratulations Ray! 1st place ribs is awesome (10th isn't too bad either). You'll get that GC soon enough, hang in there. 4th place with no planning and on someone else's cooker is something to brag about!

Congratulations to Tom, Char and Jay also. Way to go guys!

Tom and Char, did you get your temps figured out on the Spicewine?

Solidkick
05-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Very nice showing folks! Congrats on your walks!

we'll smoke u
05-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Wat to go guy's

n-2-que
05-11-2008, 10:21 AM
#2 overall parrothead isn't that our brethren parrothead?

BBQ_Mayor
05-11-2008, 10:55 AM

I don't think so. This one is from SD.

pat
05-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats to everyone!! I had a great time hangin' out. Nice to meet some new brethren also!

Caseyjoenz
05-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Great job outta you guys!

scottyd
05-11-2008, 05:27 PM
It was a pretty good contest. They have a great setup as it is in the middle of town around the park. I like it. good to see all the teams were friends with. To bad the ribbons look like to ones I got in the third grade for running the 50 yard dash under 2 minutes. anyway good to see the brothers out there, hope to see you guys again.

tonto1117
05-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Congrat's to all !!!

Roo-B-Q'N
05-12-2008, 07:48 AM
Congratulations Ray! 1st place ribs is awesome (10th isn't too bad either). You'll get that GC soon enough, hang in there. 4th place with no planning and on someone else's cooker is something to brag about!

Congratulations to Tom, Char and Jay also. Way to go guys!

Tom and Char, did you get your temps figured out on the Spicewine?

I think with all of the tips I got from the Brethren over the last week helped at the contest. I was able to maintain temps all weekend with just a minimal spike (up to 277) when I took the pork and brisket off. This was ok cause the chicken was on and helped with a heck of bite through skin. Unfortuntly the judges didn't care for it at all.:twisted:

I don't think so. This one is from SD.

No this Parrothead is John Nigel out of South Dakato. usually puts a whooping on wherever he goes.

It was a pretty good contest. They have a great setup as it is in the middle of town around the park. I like it. good to see all the teams were friends with. To bad the ribbons look like to ones I got in the third grade for running the 50 yard dash under 2 minutes. anyway good to see the brothers out there, hope to see you guys again.

You ran the 50 yard dash in under 2 minutes?????:wink:

Thanks all for the kudos, Char and I have mixed feelings about this contest, but overall are pleased with the new rig, the new cooker and getting 7th in ribs. We learned alot, laughed alot and overall had a great time.

Also want to thank Pat and his wife Christy for coming out and helping us. It was alot of fun and look forward to doing it again sometime.

thenewguy
05-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Congrats Ray! And Jay too!!
I wish I woulda' had the time to do that one.
Just don't get too good and let me win something at marshalltown!

Plowboy
05-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I still cooked shotguns ribs on their cooker while doing my entries.

I didn't think that was legal, but as long as it was on Shotgun's pit in their area, then there's nothing in the rules against it.

thenewguy
05-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Todd, the worst part is that one set came in 1st and the other was 10th... Jeez Ray, you coulda "shared the wealth" with the special touch that got you first place!
Poor Jay got your "hand me downs" on the ribs huh?LOL!

Plowboy
05-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Todd, the worst part is that one set came in 1st and the other was 10th... Jeez Ray, you coulda "shared the wealth" with the special touch that got you first place!
Poor Jay got your "hand me downs" on the ribs huh?LOL!

Actually, I was going to criticize him for being so inconsistent. :wink: You'd think he would have been 9th and 10th or 1st and 2nd. :cool: Sheesh!

Tighten it up, Ray! :mrgreen:

BBQ_Mayor
05-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Actually, I was going to criticize him for being so inconsistent. :wink: You'd think he would have been 9th and 10th or 1st and 2nd. :cool: Sheesh!

Tighten it up, Ray! :mrgreen:

Yea, I was hoping for 2nd and 1st, me getting 1st of coarse. I did cook the ribs on their pit in their area. The organizer said it would be fine if I set up with in their area since I did'nt have anything. I was at the front of the camper and they were at the back.
Their cooker cooked a bit slower so the timing was off a bit. I'll do better at Minnesota in May this weekend.:-D

slat
05-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Congrats to all who walked.

Shotgun
05-13-2008, 09:02 AM
I'll do better at Minnesota in May this weekend.:-D
Yea thats what I'm hoping too. The only thing Ray didnt do on the ribs was cut themand box them, thats probably where the difference in scores came in. All in all good job.

BBQ_Mayor
05-13-2008, 02:43 PM
[quote=Shotgun;635566]Yea thats what I'm hoping too. [quote]

You crack'n wise?!
I may have to let your team rib cooker take over. :icon_sick :biggrin: