PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. SMOKE ON THE WATER, Pine Bluff, Ar 05/09-W/RESULTS

CajunSmoker
05-04-2008, 08:20 AM
This will be our first comp to cook this year. Been judging up til now. How many brethren are heading to Pine Bluff?

Plowboy
05-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Wish I could be there. To comps for the next two weeks.

Solidkick
05-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Wish I could be there. To comps for the next two weeks.

You and Andy should go get some of that Arkansas money.....you're too hot this year not to.....

smknwhlswife
05-04-2008, 11:55 AM
You and Andy should go get some of that Arkansas money.....you're too hot this year not to.....

Andy and I are thinking about going down. Trying to work some things out. We will see if we make it.

HoDeDo
05-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Well we are going to Arkansas! Matt will be cooking as "Smoke on wheels.com" in Lawrence.... and I am going to Pine Bluff. Kim and I will leave KC @ 2am Friday morning, and start the 8 hour drive. We are excited about making the trip. We met Ronnie at the KCBS banquet this year, and they are committed to having a heck of a contest. I'm glad it ended up being in the cards for us.

MoKanMeathead
05-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Andy...good luck down in Arkansas. I'm sure Matt will represent SOW.com well. we will try to keep him from drinking too much. :wink:

What ever team name you use will have to be the same name we use when we go down there for Hot Springs.

Diva
05-05-2008, 10:37 AM
TheSlabs.com and Slabs will be pulling in late Thursday evening.

Steph

Scottie
05-05-2008, 11:26 AM
cancersuckschicago.com will be there at some point. Was hoping to pull in late, but that won't be happening so will probably be there on Friday morning.

Scottie

Solidkick
05-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Well we are going to Arkansas! Matt will be cooking as "Smoke on wheels.com" in Lawrence.... and I am going to Pine Bluff. Kim and I will leave KC @ 2am Friday morning, and start the 8 hour drive. We are excited about making the trip. We met Ronnie at the KCBS banquet this year, and they are committed to having a heck of a contest. I'm glad it ended up being in the cards for us.

You and Kim go get 'em! I got a good feeling about this weekend!

Jorge
05-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Wish I could get away that weekend. Safe trip and the best of luck to all!

QDoc
05-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Can't cook this year but am judging. I live in Pine Bluff. Hope to meet a few people. If I can help let me know. Robbie

Bub-Ba-Q
05-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I will be leaving Atlanta on Wed afternoon. Looking forward to a LONG drive. Hope to meet some new friends.

Bubba

Ulcer Acres
05-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Ulcer Acres will be there Friday morning some time. Looking forward to it.

CajunSmoker
05-09-2008, 05:31 AM
Getting ready to hit the road. Good luck to everyone and I'll see you guys there:cool:.

Solidkick
05-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Has anyone heard how this one turned out? I tried to call Andy but didn't get through.....

MilitantSquatter
05-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Congrats to Andy on his top 10 Overall !!

Chicken
10 Bub-Ba-Q
9 Pellet Envy
8 Pink Flamingo BBQ
7 Smokin' Guns BBQ
6 EJ's Q
5 Wizards of Que
4 Tarheel Smokers
3 Slabs
2 Red Neck Royalty
1 Four Men and a Pig

Ribs
10 BBQr's Delight
9 Smoke on Wheels
8 The Slabs.com
7 J and J Redneck
6 Smokin' Triggers
5 learn2Q.com
4 Blazen BBQ
3 Four Men and a Pig
2 Smoking in the Dark
1 Ulcer Acres BBQ

Pork
10 Florida's Skin and Bones
9 Four Men and a Pig
8 Lotta Bull BBQ
7 Delta Smoke
6 Smokin' Triggers
5 Fowl Smokin' Swine
4 Blazen BBQ
3 Smokin' Okies
2 BBQr's Delight
1 Motley Que Crew

Brisket
10 Smoke on Wheels
9 Lotta Bull BBQ
8 Sue B Que
7 Ghostriver Smoke-A-Holic
6 Ulcer Acres BBQ
5 Let's Kick Some Ash
4 J and J Redneck
3 Delta Smoke
2 KC Can Crew
1 QUAU

Overall
10 Lotta Bull BBQ
9 Smoke on Wheels
8 Smokin' Guns BBQ
7 J and J Redneck
6 Tarheel Smokers
5 BBQr's Delight
4 KC Can Crew
3 Blazen BBQ
2 Four Men and a Pig
1 QUAU

BBQ_Mayor
05-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Nice job Andy! Looks like a tough line up.

CajunSmoker
05-11-2008, 01:08 PM
It was great meeting all the guys from "up north". I sure hope everyone made it home ok. The weather went downhill fast right after everyone pulled out and tornados were popping up all over the place right in the path they were heading.

SinginBob
05-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Congrats to Andy and, I believe, Jeff@KC -- KC Can Crew. Nice showing, gents!!

SP
05-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Nice job Andy and Diva with the calls.

smknwhlswife
05-11-2008, 06:34 PM
This was a great contest. Had a lot of fun. Looking forward to Hot Springs with Andy and Wayne (hopefully....depends if I can get grandma to watch the kids).

The weather heading home was a little tricky. We hit hail just south of Little Rock and soon realized that there was a tornado just south of us. Another storm in the direction we were heading also produced a tornado but luckily stayed north of I-40. We stopped in northern AR to sleep around midnight then hit the road again around 5am. Had 30-50 mph wind gusts all the way home.

We could see a couple of the paths of the tornadoes as we drove home this morning in south-west MO. I believe we counted 3 definite paths and other areas with wind damage.

tonto1117
05-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Congrat's to all, and glad everyone made it home safe!!

SP
05-12-2008, 07:11 AM
This was a great contest. Had a lot of fun. Looking forward to Hot Springs with Andy and Wayne (hopefully....depends if I can get grandma to watch the kids).

The weather heading home was a little tricky. We hit hail just south of Little Rock and soon realized that there was a tornado just south of us. Another storm in the direction we were heading also produced a tornado but luckily stayed north of I-40. We stopped in northern AR to sleep around midnight then hit the road again around 5am. Had 30-50 mph wind gusts all the way home.

We could see a couple of the paths of the tornadoes as we drove home this morning in south-west MO. I believe we counted 3 definite paths and other areas with wind damage.

Glan you made it home safe. Nothing like driving or pull a big box when the wind kicks up.

Roo-B-Q'N
05-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Good to hear you guys made it home safe Kim. Congrats to You guys and KC Can Krew.

slat
05-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Congrats to all who got a call.

Dale P
05-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I want to say congrats to those who got the calls.

Scottie
05-12-2008, 11:26 AM
They called out to 20th place and paid that far as well. Paid the top 10 overall.

MoKanMeathead
05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
A huge congrats to Andy and Jeff for their calls in an all-star BBQ line-up. I told Andy when I talked to him Saturday he was heading right into some very nasty weather - Kim, glad you guys stopped when you did.

Congrats to all of the other brothers that walked.

Solidkick
05-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Congrats to Andy, Kim, and all the others that participated....sorry we didn't get to hook up by phone, but now I understand....the weather had you occupied and keeping yourselves and the girls safe is of the utmost importance.....

Again, congrats to all the Brethren and their placings this past weekend!

HoDeDo
05-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Congrats to Andy, Kim, and all the others that participated....sorry we didn't get to hook up by phone, but now I understand....the weather had you occupied and keeping yourselves and the girls safe is of the utmost importance.....

Again, congrats to all the Brethren and their placings this past weekend!

Actually, I figured this out.... It appears you called my Nextel. I rarely have that on me. I forward my other phone to it when I do... So I must have called you from it, and you had that number in your memory or something... either way, I'll get you the right # so we dont have the disconnect again. But yes, we got packed up and were dodging storms from about 30 min after the awards until 10 pm or so...:shock:

Thanks to everyone for the warm wishes, too. Anytime you can go head to head with the caliber of cooks at that event and hear your name, you gotta be happy. And I'm extatic. Didnt get what I wanted... but I felt great about the showing. And Ron Cates runs a great event. I'm looking forward to the fall!!!

clubjoe
05-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Nice job Andy...way to represent Kansas City.

Congrats to Jeff and Stacy from KC Can Crew.

See ya all at the GAB!!!!

Rub
05-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Congratulations to all who got their name called there - quite a contest!