PDA

View Full Version : TOY and the Brethren National Team

Jeff Hughes
03-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Will the National team be eligible for the KCBS TOY award or does the fact that we will have several different head cooks remove us from the running?

BBQchef33
03-21-2008, 11:22 AM
I think it would be eligible, but that is not the intention, and also a VERY slim chance. I would think thats this would appeal more to those of us who or have any chance at TOY.

TOY takes the highest 10 scores of the teams contests. Our teams would still have to match the scores of the triggs, davis, greys, munchin hogs, Quau's, etc.. possible yes, but we can come out and ace 10 contests, our chances the same as always.

We are trying to get folks to come out and compete..Give those on the fence an opportunity to team up with experienced folks and see what it like. :eusa_clap We are trying to get folks from different teams and regions to join together and cook with each other. Its all about the people and the fun of it. This will also give us exposure and get our name out there. Team wise, BBQ Brethren only competed here in the NY area, but we are a national entity and this will help get us national exposure. Why do we want to do this? I don't know.. Because its cool? fun? Because we can? :cool:

Sledneck
03-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Because we are the illuminati

Jeff Hughes
03-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I realize that even if the KCBS allows us to be included in the rankings, winning is a long shot.

I suspect my buddy Donny Teal will beat us all by himself.

I do think we could be up there in the rankings though.

BBQchef33
03-21-2008, 01:08 PM
hey.. anythings possible.. like we always say...
on ANY GIVEN DAY.... Anyone can walk.... :eusa_clap :cool:

Jeff Hughes
03-21-2008, 01:11 PM
And I hope we hit ten great days, I'll be giving it my best...

MilitantSquatter
03-21-2008, 06:17 PM
And I hope we hit ten great days, I'll be giving it my best...

Thanks Jeff.. Looking forward to how turn out in Tulsa for ya.

Phil's points are right on... Good part is, I really think this is going to be a true team effort. I would love to see us put up some big #'s though if we can get 10 contests in.

Is KCBS TOY calendar year or based on a different start/end date (AR/Jack) ??? Not sure if Phil's GC at Sayville in late Oct. goes to '07 TOY or '08 TOY.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
03-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Because we are the illuminati
I thought I was a Gnome???? The Bretheren Site has helped me alot, what is a little guy like me sapposed to do??? I thank the Bretheren for a lot!!!I guess I just dont think I am good enough to be one of the " Illuminati". I now cook by myself,but will help in any way I can..just let me know!!GO BRETHEREN!!!
Sal:sad: