PDA

View Full Version : Roots N' Blues N' BBQ Columbia, MO

Munkee's Pit
03-01-2008, 02:04 PM
It is back, and set for 10/03-10/04. The same weekend as the Royal. What are these people thinking?

lazyjacres
03-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I just saw this on the KCBS web site. Surely that is a typo. Their web site says they are expecting more teams this year, and it is also 1 week before our Humane Society fund raiser contest, also here in Columbia. Someones gotta give..........

kcpellethead
03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
The Roots 'N Blues 'N BBQ organizers were completely informed when they decided to proceed with their event on that weekend. They claim it's the only weekend they have with MU football home games and other festivals preventing them from scheduling in September or other October dates. They also believe that teams who cooked their event last year will not attend the American Royal.

Personally, I wish they would reconsider. I really enjoyed the event and was hoping to return this year. Unfortunately, with the AR on that same date, it just won't be possible. I wish them the best of luck.

Rod

Munkee's Pit
03-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Personally, I feel that thay are taking a big risk. So what if they were to hold it on the same weekend as an MU football game. People that would be here to attend the football game might also attend this great festival and vice versa. To me it would be a win/win situation for both events. Not to mention the teams they will miss out in holding it on the same weekend as the Royal.

Greatgrills
03-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Wish they would change this. Had a great time at this event last year but since it is the same date as the AR we will not be going. Looking forward to the contest in Columbia the weekend after.

paydabill
03-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Oh come on Mark and Becky, I am sure you don't want to win another World Champ trophy.

As far as Mizzou games go. The "district" is very leary of putting something on anything the same weekend of a Mizzou game. The schedule is so crowded in September and October. So, I guess their hands were tied.

They will get soem teams to go to it, but I bet it is around 25. I had to head out of last years (still begging Jamie's forgiveness on this one) becuase my wife had some complications with her healing from her thyroid removal the week before. But everybody I know thought it was a good event. The only complaint I heard was not enough food vendors.

spicewine
03-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Team Q won't be there!! We will also be at the Royal.

jbrink01
03-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Team Q won't be there!! We will also be at the Royal.

Maybe we should go, since the local hero's will be out of town.......

Fredbird
03-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Maybe we should go, since the local hero's will be out of town.......

The Belly Brother's are going to be out of town?

Big Mike
03-03-2008, 11:31 AM
This may be a good time for me to come visit my dad in Columbia.

lazyjacres
03-04-2008, 08:17 AM
The Belly Brother's are going to be out of town?

That hurt............ :icon_smil

beam boys bbq
03-04-2008, 01:55 PM
i guess i am coming to columbia that weekend

york