PDA

View Full Version : Intro and Question

CaptTable
02-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey, folks.

My name is Phillip Brazier. I am a member of KCBS, a CBJ, a Master Judge. a Certified Table Captain, a Table Captain Certification Instructor, and a Contest Rep. My wife is Kathy and she has the same credentials as myself, except the Table Captain Instructor title.

I work at Jack Daniel's Distillery and have for approximately 31 years. Kathy is retired from the University of Tennessee and loving every minute of it.

I was just recently made aware of this site and have been a "lurker" for a little over a week and decided to sign up in case i could be any help to anyone.

Great site!

So much for the intro, now to my question. Kathy and I have a Rep Book that we carry to all our contests and in it we have pics of various turn-in boxes so we can show any "first-timers" or newbies. I noticed that this site has several pics in the photo gallery that I would love to use. May I download and print these or would those of you who posted them prefer I didn't.

If anyone has any they do not mind sharing, they can e-mail them to me at bbqreps at yahoo dot com. Please let me know if you want your team name put on the photos.

Thanks for the help and I look forward to more conversations in the future.

Phillip

tonto1117
02-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi Phillip and welcome :-D. It was a pleasure to meet you and Kathy last weekend!! We had a fantastic time. As far as using the pics, I will leave that response for Phil or the mods to answer. See you down the BBQ trail this year!:wink:

Theresa.

The_Kapn
02-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Welcome aboard Phil,

I alerted Phil to your question and he will answer it.

He is one busy guy, so it may take a while.

TIM

BBQchef33
02-22-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm here. trying to get caught up from yesterday and get a post out..

IMO,

If the pics have been posted, then the owners don't mind them in the public domain, so i would say its ok.

If anyone here disagrees, or prefers their photos are not used, Send CaptTable a PM requesting it not be used.

CaptTable.. thanks for asking this first..

CaptTable
02-22-2008, 08:50 AM
and I enjoyed meeting you guys, Theresa. I hope your travel home was uneventful. Man, the wind hit the Speedway over night on Saturday and really gave Mike & Debbie's motorhome a good shaking. I was scared that some attending his class had to drive through it on Sunday and would have problems.

Phillip

Sawdustguy
02-22-2008, 12:41 PM
We have some turn-in pictures on our website in the Gallery. Please feel free to use them as you wish.

BBQchef33
02-29-2008, 10:06 AM
After re-reading the original post, i saw the mention of the 'team names' attached to the photos.

Although a remote possibility, there is potential there for that to have an effect on the Double Blind Judging. Especially if the photo was a signature box.

I would leave the team names out of the book. JMHO...

Solidkick
02-29-2008, 01:24 PM
After re-reading the original post, i saw the mention of the 'team names' attached to the photos.

Although a remote possibility, there is potential there for that to have an effect on the Double Blind Judging. Especially if the photo was a signature box.

I would leave the team names out of the book. JMHO...

I agree Phil....I have seen these kind of books at contests to give new teams an idea as to how to do presentations.

I, for one, would not like my name or team name posted under the picture.

Thanks!

The Pigman
02-29-2008, 01:56 PM
(I work at Jack Daniel's Distillery and have for approximately 31 years. Kathy is retired from the University of Tennessee and loving every minute of it)

Phillip we have something in common....I have drank Jack daniels for 31 years.

Welcome to the fourm..

Rolling Smoke
03-01-2008, 07:37 AM
(I work at Jack Daniel's Distillery and have for approximately 31 years. Kathy is retired from the University of Tennessee and loving every minute of it)

Phillip we have something in common....I have drank Jack daniels for 31 years.

Welcome to the fourm..

Hi Phillip and welcome :-D. It was a pleasure to meet you and Kathy last weekend!! We had a fantastic time. As far as using the pics, I will leave that response for Phil or the mods to answer. See you down the BBQ trail this year!:wink:

Theresa.

Phillip and Kathy will be repping Kettering in July so if you haven't met them, you will get your chance then and if you have met them, then you will get to visit some more with some great folks. If you need to know anything about the Tibetan Yak just save yourself some trouble and go to Kathy because Phillip is a few fries short of a happy meal when it comes to Yak trivia. :biggrin:

K I N G P I N
03-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Hmmm....think he can get us some barrels for smoking????????