PDA

View Full Version : Who TF Spilled all this Beer?

BBQchef33
02-21-2008, 05:49 PM
First off. All I can say is.....

HOLY F'in Beer Mug Batman Look at Paypal!!!
You folks have been busy.. and all I can say is
THANK YOU.. OMG!

I was speechless this morning. I crashed early last night. I have been spending a load of time in the back of the site doing upgrades and changes and was not out front playing. Honestly I have not even gotten to read all the threads running. I felt it more important to get posting and acknowledge what you all have done.

First, I will answer some questions I have gotten or heard.

The spinning star: Them's the sheriffs. Only the mods have them.

The other small stars. Those are attached to the subscription system. There is green, blue, red, yellow and white.

The beer mugs.. Those were always attached to the donate button. If you donated to the forum, I bought you a beer. Those will be worked on(made smaller).. combined with Cabo bottles, and for us non drinkers...if anyone doesn't want a beer mug, i can replace it with a soda can. :) It actually started out as a small icon of the pig.. but it looked like a zit.

(Now, I have been around the internet and forums long enough. I understand that these little pictures get under some peoples skin. Its on lots of forums and theres always someone that it torques. All I can say is get over it. It makes things fun.. They are beer mugs, I bought someone a beer for helping us out with the forum. They deserve the acknowledgment and thats all it is. The are not ranks, badges, or trophies. They are symbols from the support staff as a thank you. It is NOT a detraction and no payments are mandatory around here. Enough said).

Donate button Vs. Subscriptions:
Well, The donate button has been there for years. Its a one shot deal that people have used to drop a few bucks into the fund I use to pay for all site related expenses. You hit it, type in the amount you want and it buys you a beer under your name. I never publicize it. I was just never comfortable pushing for donations.

The Subscription system has also been around since 2005, but I never activated it. It was not needed and I did not want us to seem like a pay site. Thats also the reason there is no banner advertising here. I was doing my best to keep us non commercial with no alliances.

The difference? Subscriptions add features, which you all already have, and it will ask you in a year if u want to renew. Donations are one shot deals and can be done any time. Subscriptions are at $20-$50-$100 for a year, and Donations can be anything you want. Both can be used at anytime also.

I will convert ALL donations over to subscriptions. If anyone DOES not want that to happen, post or send me a PM.

I am typing up the 'State of the Forum' address..it will explain the stuff and where this came from. I will post it tonight.. But holy crap guys.... Thank you ALL!!! At 3PM today, I sent our server support guy a nice big payment from us all. That was something bugging me for a few weeks and now its done.. he is very appreciative and SO AM I!!

I have a load of emails to get to, PMs are overwhelming and I know theres questions. I will finish my post and be back later. But again.. THANK YOU ALL.. and THANK YOU to Jay(ApiceWine), Millitant Squatter and NTHOLE for taking this on, as well as our other Purple guys.. I would never have just came out and asked to feed the kitty... its not in my nature.. . I had other things in mind to offset our costs and those guys just took the bull by the balls and went to you all.. They said it, and knew you would rise above, and I was just to proud to ask.. I am more proud to be a part of this group that ever before.. thank you all again for contributing to our site.. The funds are going exclusively to server support and forum upgrades.. this will help us ride an upcoming storm in hardware replacements. More details to follow.

Thank you all again.. and again.. more to come..

Jeremiah
02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Oh crap, totally missed the subscription option this morning. Oh well now I'm a subscriber too!

Thank you for this excellent corner of the internet.

BBQchef33
02-21-2008, 06:04 PM
You have the subscription already.. I rolled it in. :wink: Thats what the green star under your beermug is for.

Bigmista
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Always happy to help out in whatever small way I can. This is home.

Bigdog
02-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Today has been an amazing day. Without much fanfare and hoopla, Jay posts a donation thread and the money just starts pouring in. It was reminiscent of "It's a Wonderful Life" when George's wife, Mary spreads the word and people come from everywhere to donate. Well, Phil is George and Jay is Mary (I thought that Phil was Mary? :eek::shock::confused::wink::mrgreen:) Anyway, major thanks to all of you who have stepped up to the plate and to all the others that will after they read Phil's State of the Brethren Address. This is my favorite place on the web and a lot of you guys are my best friends. And don't worry, there are not going to be any major changes here and we are not selling out and going commercial. We just need to raise some shekels to pay for some of the bills and upgrades to keep this place the great place that it is.

CrimsonSmoke
02-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks to all of you guys that do all the backend work to keep this site going.

Yakfishingfool
02-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Never be afraid to ask for help. Sometimes us Dorks (at least me) forget that the internet isn't free. Glad to help for a great Poohbo and a great site. Scott

Que'inKC
02-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Glad to help...This is the BEST forum on the NET...

Thank You for getting this family together!

Spydermike72
02-21-2008, 07:05 PM
I was glad to help, I wish I had noticed the Donate button earlier!!

txschutte
02-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Never be afraid to ask for help. Sometimes us Dorks (at least me) forget that the internet isn't free. Glad to help for a great Poohbo and a great site. Scott
Like he said. Some times we forget. Just put in a subscription.8-) Keep up the great work!

Best Place ON The WEB!!!!:biggrin:

smokeandbeer
02-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks Phil (and others who have been paying the tab), for opening the door to your internet house for the rest of us. This has become my second home, and glad to know I am able to help pay a small part of the utilities.

Thanks also to Jay for bringing this to our attention. I was long overdue to chip in...

txschutte
02-21-2008, 07:47 PM
A few bucks donated from my PayPal acct. on behalf of Wyatt. Not only do I like being here, but the kid loves it , too. Worth more than just a few bucks.

tonto1117
02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey Poobah, can I get me a spinning star if I make a citizen's arrest???....:-P:biggrin::biggrin::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wECusN2BUqI

Wyatt
02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
I'd donate if I had a credit card but i'm only ten.

K I N G P I N
02-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I have no problem donating to this site. Where's the needle...I have good blood.

Seriously....You guys have boosted my BBQ ability, my friends are speechless in what I can make in a smoker.

The ABT's a hit with my Monday Night Football crowd, shock and awe is the appropiate term they described them.

Made my first fattie for the MNF crowd. Gone in 60 seconds no lies, said these have to be made every week.

Thank you, Thank you Thank you.

All the owners of this site and all the memebers you all rock

BBQchef33
02-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I'd donate if I had a credit card but i'm only ten.

Dad covered ya good Wyatt.

But no beer for you.. You got an ice cream.. hope ya like chocolate. :tongue:

Westexbbq
02-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I saw the ice cream bar, nice touch.
This is without a doubt one of the most amazing web-site/forums I have ever seen and/or been a part of.
Thanks again to all for all the hard work behind the scenes.

(when you wish upon a star......)

swamprb
02-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I'll take the Ice Cream like Wyatt!

Admin. get back to me!

Ron_L
02-21-2008, 10:10 PM
I love the ice cream bar under Wyatt's name! nice touch!

We all enjoy hanging out here and we share the good times and the bad. It's when one of our family is in need that I realize what a great group we have. From sending prayers or good thought for someone who is sick or in the hospital to helping a brother get through a tough time or the loss of a loved one, we come together. The past 24 hours have been a great example of that. Brother Apice (sic) sent out a request for help in keeping things running and all of you came through! It's almost enough to bring a farking tear to my eye :-D

Thanks to all of you! I am proud to call you Brothers and Sisters In Smoke!

chinesebob
02-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Shouldn't you have coffee cups instead of beer mugs?

WannaBeBBQueen
02-22-2008, 05:28 AM
There's no place like home, There's no place like home, There's no place like home!

Toto I think we're home!

This couldn't be a nicer place with a nicer owner :biggrin:

Phil deserves the world, that's what he has give us...a whole world of friends and BBQ buddies!!

Dale P
02-22-2008, 07:19 AM
My Email was sent yesterday, I know you were swamped, but thats a good thing. When you get the time, I am ready for action. Thanks.

Lakeside Smoker
02-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Under the purchase subscription button there is no other way of payment besides Paypal. I don't have a Paypal account and want to pay with a debit card. What should I do?

Smokin Gator
02-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Before yesterday I never noticed that "Donate" button. Several times in the past I have thought that I needed to send Phil a little something. In fact I talked to The Kapn about it once. Then I would forget and so on and so on... Thanks Jay for pointing it out... Thanks Phil for converting it to a subscription. If you can up it to the next level. That way I will give a little more and won't forget next year (or whenever). Thanks to all of you who were able to step up yesterday. I want this place to be here for a long time!!!

Arlin_MacRae
02-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks to one and all for keeping this place the best on the web! I know for a fact that the bills have always been there and have been "taken care of" by a terrific Poobah. Don't ask me how much he's paid over the years, if I did the math I'd cry! Every little bit we send in gives him a little more money for the important things in life like dry cleaning for a fuzzy blue hat and duck food. ;)

Arlin

Spydermike72
02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Under the purchase subscription button there is no other way of payment besides Paypal. I don't have a Paypal account and want to pay with a debit card. What should I do?

I dont think you need a paypal account to pay through paypal, just thinking out loud here... Of course I do not how to do that, so I am really of no help to you at the moment :cool:

jrb03
02-22-2008, 08:43 AM
I dont think you need a paypal account to pay through paypal, just thinking out loud here... Of course I do not how to do that, so I am really of no help to you at the moment :cool:

Yes, you can pay without a paypal account using a debit or credit card. Just click the Dontate button up top and follow the link to the paypal site. Once on the paypal site, click here:

G$
02-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Phil, this may be the worst idea I have ever posted, but how about raising the price of each subscription 20 bucks and including a hat for every subscriber? Sort of a double whammy.

(And yes the logistical iissues are not lost on me here)

Lakeside Smoker
02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Yes, you can pay without a paypal account using a debit or credit card. Just click the Dontate button up top and follow the link to the paypal site. Once on the paypal site, click here:

True. But under the purchase subscription button there is no option for a debit or credit card.

jrb03
02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
True. But under the purchase subscription button there is no option for a debit or credit card.

Yes there is, just follow the link as if you had a paypal account, and you will be able to use the same option.

Divemaster
02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Phil,

Once again, thank you for all you do for us... I have made some GREAT friends here and it's all because of your generosity!!!

Irrad8
02-22-2008, 09:47 AM
I know you are working on alot and we don't know all yet, but I thought I might mention a couple of things just in case. 1) under "purchase subscription" the last one is $10 a month that equals $120 a year, but offers less than the $100 a year. 2) I talked to a couple of people that signed up in the last month. Tuesday or Wednesday they lost the "new posts" and "quick link-todays posts". I think those are valuable tools, I hope they will still be available to "non subscribing" members. I use those as "basic" tools to use the site.

I'm not trying to complicate things, just sharing some thoughts.
Thanks for listening.

jtfisher63
02-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Glad to help, it is well worth the $$$!!

Big-Country
02-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Many thanks to all of you behind the scenes that let us learn, laugh and share with others the great passion we all love. I have learned so much and have enjoyed the fellowship of the Brethren. I wll continue to donate when I can and be happy to do so.

Bigdog
02-22-2008, 10:42 AM
I know you are working on alot and we don't know all yet, but I thought I might mention a couple of things just in case. 1) under "purchase subscription" the last one is $10 a month that equals $120 a year, but offers less than the $100 a year. 2) I talked to a couple of people that signed up in the last month. Tuesday or Wednesday they lost the "new posts" and "quick link-todays posts". I think those are valuable tools, I hope they will still be available to "non subscribing" members. I use those as "basic" tools to use the site.

I'm not trying to complicate things, just sharing some thoughts.
Thanks for listening.

Thanks for bringing those points up. All of this is in the development stage right now and I am sure that it will need some modification. As for you, don't worry. Nothing will change. Phil is still working on his "State of the Brethren" speech where he will attempt to make clear what all is happening and why.

Lakeside Smoker
02-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Yes there is, just follow the link as if you had a paypal account, and you will be able to use the same option.

Ahh... you the man! Thank you!

Mike

smoke-n-my-i's
02-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Grand PooBah is faster than the pm's today....

Thanks.... for all you do. Someone give him a beer or ice cream for me, please.... or another gold star... he deserves it for all he does.

And thanks for the rest that help out also. This is the best place around. I am glad I made the move from the "other" place.

BobBrisket
02-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Donation sent. Thanks for the Q Haven you have created for us!

paydabill
02-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Glad to help with the subscription. I just never really looked into it until I saw the email from Jay. I just want a beer anyways - have not gotten yet, but no big deal.

Lakeside Smoker
02-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Donation sent. Thanks for the Q Haven you have created for us!

Hey, thats a great name for a team! :-D

BobBrisket
02-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey, thats a great name for a team! :-D

Now all I need is a team!:-D

Transformer BBQ
02-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Now all I need is a team!:-D

Might want to clear that with Ted first, or maybe he could lend you a banner... haha.

http://www.qhavenbbq.com/

butt head
02-22-2008, 11:54 AM
donation sent. more to follow:wink:

BobBrisket
02-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Might want to clear that with Ted first, or maybe he could lend you a banner... haha.

http://www.qhavenbbq.com/

Well, maybe I could join his!:-D

I don't see a team in my future, unfortunately!

Porky
02-22-2008, 12:51 PM
This place is great and I am proud to belong with such a great group of people. I couldn't think of a place to be better than here. Glad I am able to contribute.

nancee
02-22-2008, 01:03 PM
It did not work for me today.
nancee

jrb03
02-22-2008, 01:17 PM
I think this shows people dont mind supporting a good thing. This is the best forum on the web for Q, and not only because of the members. The site is always fast, the tools available are top notch, the entire thing just "works" well. If our support can keep it this way, I think everyone will continue to contribute, I know I will. But the first sign of intrusive ads or popups, Im outta here :twisted:

beam boys bbq
02-22-2008, 02:45 PM
phil i will have to get you next month this sight in where my wife looks for me at if am not up stairs i am on the sight

thanks for an good home for Q

york

SmokeInDaEye
02-22-2008, 03:50 PM
SWEET!!!! I finally got to use my Discover card!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13431&stc=1&d=1203691323

Irrad8
02-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I don't mean to be a chit head, but I noticed something else. A $5 dollar a month subscription = $60 and gives you less than a $50 a year subscription. BTW I'd like my donation rolled over to a yearly subscription of the same amount please and thank you. If I want to add $ to get the next level of subscription, how would I do that?
Thanks again and sorry to be a pain in the arse.

Barbarian
02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Just wondering if my donation went through last week. I was hopin' for a beer, lol.
Thanks for this site, without it I would not have had the opportunity to kidnap and cook on a UDS in the snow in KC over Xmas. Or probably been able to find out enough about them to build one. It's fun to be a drumhead and really enjoy this site.

417bullelk
02-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks to all that make this place what it is and keep it up and running. There is more that goes into it than what most realize.

Thanks to all of the Brethren for making this place the best on the net.

I have learned more than I ever thought I would from this place.....the few bucks I donated last week were WELL worth it. Guess I should have used the Donate button for Poobah to buy a cold one...I just went straight to PayPal.

The sauce trades have been very very good to me. It's like Christmas all over when that box arrives. (Round 17.... I knew what was in the box before I opened it because it was dripping out of the box..Oops..)

Anyways............THANKS EVERYONE!!

fnnm358
02-25-2008, 05:06 AM
thanks everyone for all you do to make this site the best!!!!!!!!

made my donation and will continue to donate now that I know it is there.

this place is the best for BBQ and having friends

CharlieBeasley
02-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Phil and crew Thanks for a home and school all I need in a site. Again Thanks

michiana mark
02-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks fill for a great site, glad to help. I'll have that beer now.

CarbonToe
02-25-2008, 08:12 AM
You're all a bunch or Farkers and I love you all (even Bill!!!!!) :twisted:

No reach around mod needed...

Neil
02-25-2008, 09:03 AM
This is truely amazing and I love it. A big thank you to everyone for making this site so special.

Jack2u2
02-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Got my subscription last Friday. I also am very happy to be a part of this site. Learned more, had more fun and look forward to it almost as much as Q'ing! I visit another site, but, a post every other day doesn't match up to the continuous talk and information that comes from this site. Thanks to all!

Barbarian
02-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Just saw the sticky about donations or subscriptions not going through. Looked back at the date I tried/thought I donated and nothing from PayPal, so going to try again. I want that beer!

cabo
02-25-2008, 12:29 PM
I am truly embarrassed.
Believe it or not, I never noticed the “Donation” link.
I just have never thought about it. Where was my head??? I just logged on and.......…
I just read Phil’s post that explained it all.
This place means more to me than money can buy, and I thought… Well I’m really not sure what I thought. I guess from the old forum days, you just logged on, read, and posted. Phil, you should have poked me with a very sharp stick. I know it’s not in your nature, but I guess sometimes I need a really hard kick in the arse to smell the roses!!!

I think I was the first one to bring Cabo Wabo to a bash, hence the handle.
I pondered for weeks prior to that bash, what I should bring as an offering.
Then it came to me, like a swift kick in the arse, my favorite Tequila, and that, like this site took off with a life of it’s own.
Please forgive my arrogance, and ignorance for not thinking.
Keeping this site going is as important to me as my paying my light bill, or as important as my cooking, and both take money.
I’m very much IN!!!!!!!

Sawdustguy
02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
First off. All I can say is.....

HOLY F'in Beer Mug Batman Look at Paypal!!!
You folks have been busy.. and all I can say is
THANK YOU.. OMG!

I was speechless this morning. I crashed early last night. I have been spending a load of time in the back of the site doing upgrades and changes and was not out front playing. Honestly I have not even gotten to read all the threads running. I felt it more important to get posting and acknowledge what you all have done.

First, I will answer some questions I have gotten or heard.

The spinning star: Them's the sheriffs. Only the mods have them.

The other small stars. Those are attached to the subscription system. There is green, blue, red, yellow and white.

The beer mugs.. Those were always attached to the donate button. If you donated to the forum, I bought you a beer. Those will be worked on(made smaller).. combined with Cabo bottles, and for us non drinkers...if anyone doesn't want a beer mug, i can replace it with a soda can. :) It actually started out as a small icon of the pig.. but it looked like a zit.

(Now, I have been around the internet and forums long enough. I understand that these little pictures get under some peoples skin. Its on lots of forums and theres always someone that it torques. All I can say is get over it. It makes things fun.. They are beer mugs, I bought someone a beer for helping us out with the forum. They deserve the acknowledgment and thats all it is. The are not ranks, badges, or trophies. They are symbols from the support staff as a thank you. It is NOT a detraction and no payments are mandatory around here. Enough said).

Donate button Vs. Subscriptions:
Well, The donate button has been there for years. Its a one shot deal that people have used to drop a few bucks into the fund I use to pay for all site related expenses. You hit it, type in the amount you want and it buys you a beer under your name. I never publicize it. I was just never comfortable pushing for donations.

The Subscription system has also been around since 2005, but I never activated it. It was not needed and I did not want us to seem like a pay site. Thats also the reason there is no banner advertising here. I was doing my best to keep us non commercial with no alliances.

The difference? Subscriptions add features, which you all already have, and it will ask you in a year if u want to renew. Donations are one shot deals and can be done any time. Subscriptions are at $20-$50-$100 for a year, and Donations can be anything you want. Both can be used at anytime also.

I will convert ALL donations over to subscriptions. If anyone DOES not want that to happen, post or send me a PM.

I am typing up the 'State of the Forum' address..it will explain the stuff and where this came from. I will post it tonight.. But holy crap guys.... Thank you ALL!!! At 3PM today, I sent our server support guy a nice big payment from us all. That was something bugging me for a few weeks and now its done.. he is very appreciative and SO AM I!!

I have a load of emails to get to, PMs are overwhelming and I know theres questions. I will finish my post and be back later. But again.. THANK YOU ALL.. and THANK YOU to Jay(ApiceWine), Millitant Squatter and NTHOLE for taking this on, as well as our other Purple guys.. I would never have just came out and asked to feed the kitty... its not in my nature.. . I had other things in mind to offset our costs and those guys just took the bull by the balls and went to you all.. They said it, and knew you would rise above, and I was just to proud to ask.. I am more proud to be a part of this group that ever before.. thank you all again for contributing to our site.. The funds are going exclusively to server support and forum upgrades.. this will help us ride an upcoming storm in hardware replacements. More details to follow.

Thank you all again.. and again.. more to come..

Poobah, you are welcome, but never feel bad about asking. My addage is "Ask and ye shall receive". Isn't that what brothers are for?

Munkee's Pit
02-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I think that everybody here really appreciates what this forum brings to the BBQ community and a gathering of donations is never too much to ask. But......Pass the beers, don't spill them. That is alcohol abuse.