PDA

View Full Version : I Pledge...

nthole
02-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Is this your first, second, maybe even third year competing?

Are you just gathering up your list of what you need based on what you've found and what you've learned here?

Have you started a thread asking people to rate your practice turn in boxes because you've never done a comp before?

Are half of your sauce and rub recipes from this site?

If you've answered yes to any of these questions, ask yourself this; If I place in a top 10 this season is it possible it's because of all the support I've gotten from this incredible place?

I know for me the answers to all of the above are yes. This will be my second season competing, everything I know about BBQ'ing I've learned from this site and some of the great people I've met in person.

Last year was our first year competing. We got an 11th in a KCBS category and a 1st and 4th in other categories. My entire packing list came from this site. My confidence and capability came from this site. And the people I met at the comps and got to talk to and have a good time with came from this site.

So...

I Neil Thole of Pork Pistols BBQ am pleding $10 in donations for every top 10 in any category that my team finishes in at the four competitions we are planning on competing in this season.

Anyone else?

tonto1117
02-21-2008, 06:24 AM
I do wether we win or not.....Look at it this way, what do you pay for a hunting, fishing, car or any other magazine subsription you might have. Then ask yourself, how much information and frienships along with entertainment you have recieved from this site which you pay nothing for.

Too me it's a no brainer!!!

Thanks Phil, and all who work to make this a place I love to be.

The donate button is at the top right of the page....:wink:

nthole
05-24-2008, 09:00 AM
A little slow getting back after our first comp this season at Steeleville Illinois.

Randolph County Pig Party, 5th place brisket.

Hit that cash register...ding.

G$
02-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Bump. Good idea nt.