PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson City CBJ class this weekend (2/23)

stlgreg
02-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Anyone going?

My wife and I are both going to be there.
I am going to pitch in where he needs and my wife is there to get certified.

Greatgrills
02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
We wont be there but live in JC if you want to meet after the class and have a drink

stlgreg
02-18-2008, 09:17 PM
sounds good to us...pm your number!

Contracted Cookers
02-18-2008, 09:34 PM
my.wife and myself. will be there.look forward to seeing you

River City Smokehouse
02-18-2008, 10:13 PM
I didn't know there was a class again here. Becky should have a party at her house afterwards for the Brethren folk.:biggrin:

stlgreg
02-18-2008, 10:32 PM
I didn't know there was a class again here. Becky should have a party at her house afterwards for the Brethren folk.:biggrin:

now we are talking!:eek:

Bubba
02-19-2008, 01:39 AM
You guys are welcome to come by our place as well.

Ulcer Acres
02-19-2008, 07:36 AM
I talked to Bruce the other day and he planning on a pretty good crowd. Mike Lake will be teaching the class

stlgreg
02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
I talked to Bruce the other day and he planning on a pretty good crowd. Mike Lake will be teaching the class

Are you going to be cooking any food there Randy?
Is it a little far for you?:wink:

motley que
02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
wish i could go...

stlgreg
02-19-2008, 09:14 PM
wish i could go...
we are leaving at 7 , we can pick you up on the way :-D

stlgreg
02-21-2008, 07:07 PM
wish i could go...
ok I talked Motley into joining us.
So have big his big arse up saturday morning.

QansasjayhawQ
02-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Just now found this thread -

My brother and I will be there.

stlgreg
02-24-2008, 12:29 PM
sorry i missd your post.
Mike Lake did a good job yesterday

Big Mike
02-24-2008, 12:43 PM
My dad lives just south of Moberly.

He called me last night because he saw a report on the class on the news. He said there was some guy on there talking about butts so he thought of me a gave me a call.

QansasjayhawQ
02-24-2008, 12:52 PM
sorry i missd your post.
Mike Lake did a good job yesterday
Yeah - he did. At first I was thinking 'what in the WORLD are we gonna spend all this time on' and then it was over so quick with so much information - and it was good information! I actually learned a lot.

I was considering walking around trying to figure out who was who there . . . a couple of Jayhawks overheard my brother and I say we were from Lawrence and came up and said hi . . . but I didn't know who was who and, to be honest, I'm kind of a quiet person who's not likely to go around introducing myself to tables of people I don't know . . . (anti-used car salesman mod) so I just sat there and enjoyed it.

I can't believe how much I learned. I think the most important point for me was to reserve the low numbers for meat that really deserves it AND to reserve the high numbers for meat that really deserves it.

I was shocked that all of the samples were prepared by Bruce Ring . . . there was really a huge amount of variance between the samples. I was really surprised.

stlgreg
02-24-2008, 07:00 PM
I am the guy that has the "other" contest that was taking judges.

There was a contest I judged last year where i had the best rib i had ever had tenderness wise, but it was on the end. When we discussed it as a table turned out everyone else at the table had a tough piece. Remember the rib entry that was double boned and just put t he box? That same contest i had another rib entry that was real similar to that one except that one didnt cut the ribs. the tore them! What a box that was

QansasjayhawQ
02-24-2008, 10:53 PM
I am the guy that has the "other" contest that was taking judges.
I remember that - I thought 'what a great volunteer and he must know Bruce really well' when I heard your announcement.

However, I missed what you were saying. I know you said I could sign up right there - but hey, I'm a busy guy who has just added KCBS judging to my already busy schedule.

Could you please let me (and anyone else monitoring our conversation) know what your event is and when and all that just in case I can make it?

Thanks!

stlgreg
02-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Actually I met Bruce that day. My wife signed up to be a judge and I came along (I am already a Judge).

I am also putting on a contest on March 28-29 in Hazelwood, Mo. I am still looking for teams and judges. www.bbqsaucereport.com/contest

motley que
02-25-2008, 09:10 PM
I was considering walking around trying to figure out who was who there . . . a couple of Jayhawks overheard my brother and I say we were from Lawrence and came up and said hi . . . but I didn't know who was who and, to be honest, I'm kind of a quiet person who's not likely to go around introducing myself to tables of people I don't know . . . (anti-used car salesman mod) so I just sat there and enjoyed it.

I was one of the Jayhawks, and i probably talked to ya. I had on a blue hat with a spatchula on it that said FLIP OUT. I also pointed out that one of the ribs could have been tofu as it had so little taste