PDA

View Full Version : Bigmista Mini-Bash

Bigmista
02-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Ok, the house is still a wreck. WE have a million things to do. But I had to cook something on the Spicewine so I invited a few folks over to check it out and have some grub and a drink or two.

I just want to thank:

Bentley
Sylvie and her husband "G"
Country and
Single Fin

for dropping by. We had a great time and the food came out pretty good. I need a few more cooks with the Spicewine to master it but I was happy with the results. I wish I had pics but my memory card for my camera was at my Mother-in- Law's house.

P.S. County, I apologize for my father talking your ear off.

Bigmista
02-18-2008, 01:08 PM
BTW...I cooked 2 butts, two fatties, two racks of spares and 10lbs of chicken leg quarters. I also made some mac and cheese and Sylvie brought some greens, a greek salad, chips, salsa, guacamole, wine and a bottle of Cazadores Tequila.

It was GOOD party!

Arlin_MacRae
02-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Good deal!!! So how's that new pit working out? ;)

tommykendall
02-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Sorry I didn't stop by. The cooler weather we have made what is normally a 3-hour project, and all-day ordeal. The weather wasn't warm enough to dry my slate for the quarterly sealing project I was doing.

Bigmista
02-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Good deal!!! So how's that new pit working out? ;)

Good. Butts cooked faster than I expected. Ribs didn't getreally brown but they were tasty. I just need more practice! :-D But I love my Spicewine!

Spydermike72
02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Now that sounded like a good time!!!

spicewine
02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
He called me Saturday and invited me to stop by, but my private jet was in for routine maintanence------ya!! That's the ticket!!:rolleyes:

ThomEmery
02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Cool Deal

Bigmista
02-18-2008, 04:37 PM
He called me Saturday and invited me to stop by, but my private jet was in for routine maintanence------ya!! That's the ticket!!:rolleyes:

It's just as well. I haven't finished renovating the Man Cave Motel yet. But once it's done, Jay has a standing reservation.

big brother smoke
02-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Sorry, I missed it, Neal. Pre-occupied mind mod!

BTW: Who is this County you speak of?:biggrin:

Professor Salt
02-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry I missed it. Was too tired from driving back from Vegas. Looking forward to seeing the new Spicebox soon, tho.

wlh3
02-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Sounds like the SW is smoking up a storm. Will you be at the backyard BBQ Mar 1st ? The wife and I were going to try and attend for some meats and Greets:icon_bigsmil

Professor Salt
02-19-2008, 10:06 AM
You betcha. A whole bunch of brethren and sisteren oughta be there

Brauma
02-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Sounds like a fun time. Got pics?

Bill The Grill Guy
02-19-2008, 10:51 AM
So, where are the pics?

Bigmista
02-19-2008, 11:26 AM
From post #1

I wish I had pics but my memory card for my camera was at my Mother-in- Law's house.

I will be at the backyard with the Spicewine. Looking forward to showing it to everyone.

biffleg
02-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Mista -

When you going to move to North Carolina, bring the pits (and the family) and share the cooking love?

Sounds like you had a great time!

Bigmista
02-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Don't think I'll be moving there but it sounds like I need to make a visit!

Countryhb
02-19-2008, 04:16 PM
P.S. County, I apologize for my father talking your ear off.

You NEVER have to apologize for someone talking to me. Your father is a great guy and it was my pleasure to listen to him! He did a wonderful job raising a good son and has paid his dues to society. I imagine a good portion of his stories are embellished (or so you say), but they were fun. I pity the person who doesn't have enough time in their life to sit and listen to the stories of our elders. Much thanks for inviting me over and sharing your grub...my apologies for arriving empty-handed.:oops:

Bigmista
02-27-2008, 06:42 PM
You NEVER have to apologize for someone talking to me. Your father is a great guy and it was my pleasure to listen to him! He did a wonderful job raising a good son and has paid his dues to society. I imagine a good portion of his stories are embellished (or so you say), but they were fun. I pity the person who doesn't have enough time in their life to sit and listen to the stories of our elders. Much thanks for inviting me over and sharing your grub...my apologies for arriving empty-handed.:oops:

I only wanted your to bring you. Now for the house warming party...

TOPS BBQ
02-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I only wanted your to bring you. Now for the house warming party...

Mista to Country "you complete me".:biggrin:

Countryhb
02-28-2008, 01:54 PM
I wish I could quit you".