PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Great Bend, KS (2/15-16)

The Pickled Pig
02-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Anyone else venturing the wintery plains of Kansas next week?

Butcher BBQ
02-10-2008, 06:28 AM
If the weather holds out we will be their Friday about noon. Look us up.

matthew burt
02-10-2008, 12:36 PM
as long as the weather holds up and I get my job in St. Louis done I will be their.

Ulcer Acres
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Come on Matt, suck it up and go out there. You planning on doing the GAB this year. You know the World Brisket Open is at the same time. I have sent my entrie in and have paid for two. We both have a pretty good track record with that.

Chris Nickelson
02-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Dodge County Smokers will be there!

Should be fun, just a bit chilly!

matthew burt
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Come on Matt, suck it up and go out there. You planning on doing the GAB this year. You know the World Brisket Open is at the same time. I have sent my entrie in and have paid for two. We both have a pretty good track record with that.

I may just have to visit you this year, Me and Jackie have our second baby due the end of May. As much as I would like to come in behind you in the World Brisket again. What was it 3rd and 4th last year? Are You going to Great Bend?

The Pickled Pig
02-11-2008, 09:49 PM
For those that are going, are you planning on setting up your prep area inside or outside with the cookers?

Originally, I was planning on inside but am not that comfortable being separated from the cooker. So then I was planning on setting up outside. Then I stood outside in the cold wind today for 20 minutes and now the thought of being away from the cooker doesn't seem so bad. I might just set up a little inside and outside.

I've never done Great Bend or a winter contest so it will certainly be an adventure.