PDA

View Full Version : Comp set up

butts a fire
02-08-2008, 09:07 AM
This year we are going to be competing with out a camper. For the last two years we towed our pop-up with us but we sold it over the fall. So my question is what am I going to need that I am forgetting. Here is what I plan on bringing let me know if there is something else that you think would be helpful.

Tables
2 easy ups
turkey fryer
bus tubs
smokers of course
all the knives and other stuff to get the meat ready
coolers
plenty of beer.
Lantern.

Transformer BBQ
02-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Trash can
Charcoal
wood
tie downs
foil
temp probes
food safe gloves
tongs
paper towels
extention cords
electrical splitter
extra batteries
meat
ice
a tent?

check the road maps... there are complete lists I believe. My personal list is going to be different than yours... but mine is 2 columns, one page... and honestly it fits in a pickup bed. I put everything on the list... food included.

Make it as detailed as possible... saying "knives and food stuff" leaves a lot of room to forget something.

KC_Bobby
02-08-2008, 10:43 AM
cot
blanket
pillow
tarps (or sides to canopies)

SP
02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
chair
lights of some sort

Transformer BBQ
02-08-2008, 10:52 AM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191459&postcount=3

Podge
02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
anchors for those EZ ups.

butts a fire
02-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks guys, I have all the basics covered like foil and temp probes. We have sides for the ez ups so we should have some shelter. A couple cots might be nice I will have to check those out.

KC_Bobby
02-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Chad, Coleman has an outlet store in Gardner. If you are looking for more than just one or two things, it might be worth a drive down there. I picked up a Hot Water on Demand system there for $140. Nice big cots were about $30 each.

Transformer BBQ
02-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Might consider something to sit your smoker on, a wet uneven ground can be a real hassel... especially if keeping scadling hot water inside your rig is a priority.

KC_Bobby
02-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I believe Chad has this really cool thing to sit his smoker on. :biggrin: And it even has levelers in the corners. :eek:

watertowerbbq
02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
change of clothes
toilet paper
hand sanitizer
leg extensions for the tables

butts a fire
02-08-2008, 04:52 PM
I believe Chad has this really cool thing to sit his smoker on. :biggrin: And it even has levelers in the corners. :eek:

I am actually about to put wheels on the bottom of it so it is easier to move around. But I think I am going to attach them with wing nuts so they will be easy on and off and I can still use the base at comps.

Sawdustguy
02-08-2008, 05:08 PM
This year we are going to be competing with out a camper. For the last two years we towed our pop-up with us but we sold it over the fall. So my question is what am I going to need that I am forgetting. Here is what I plan on bringing let me know if there is something else that you think would be helpful.

Tables
2 easy ups
turkey fryer
bus tubs
smokers of course
all the knives and other stuff to get the meat ready
coolers
plenty of beer.
Lantern.

Why the turkey fryer?

butts a fire
02-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Why the turkey fryer?

That is for heating water and lighting charcoal.

bbqbull
02-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Dont forget lighting. If you have a small generator then you will need gas and extra oil. I also carry extension cords and a triple outlet. I use 110 volt flourescent trouble lights.
I also carry electric fans to keep us cool.
I also take a windup alarm clock.
Paper and pencils.
I also take an extra cooler for holding foods in case they get done too fast.

VA BBQ PIRATES
02-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Instead of cots we use an inflatable mattress. But it's just me and my wife. Don't know how close you are to your team mates.

Tom