PDA

View Full Version : CBJ Class - Pleasant Hill, MO

Jeff_in_KC
01-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Just a heads up - we're putting on a CBJ class here in Pleasant Hill on Saturday, March 8 at the First Christian Church (519 Cedar Street) from 10 am to 2 pm. Bunny and Rich Tuttle will be the instructors. We need 24 minimum to sign up. Already might have five from Springfield coming up from what I was told by Bunny today. We'll probably cap the class at 48. This looks to be the only class in the KC area until late April so if you want to be a CBJ before the season starts, here's your chance. We'll also offer spots to judge the Pleasant Hill contest April 4-5 on a first come, first served basis. Cost will be $35 for KCBS members and $70 for non-members. If interested, PM me for further details. Deadline to get in will be February 29 or whenever the class fills up.

EDIT: I have added the application form here for download.

Plowboy
01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Jeff,

I'm going to sign my wife up. Shoot me the info.

KC_Bobby
01-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Jeff, if you need an extra hand cooking or putting some boxes together for the class let me know.

Jeff_in_KC
01-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Jeff, if you need an extra hand cooking or putting some boxes together for the class let me know.

As I understand it, Rich Tuttle assembles boxes and Bunny teaches. I've enlisted my wife to help out but if she can't do it when the time comes, I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer! :grin:

KC_Bobby
01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Sounds good, thought I'd be able to hear some of the class as a refresher if I was there to help out.

ModelMaker
01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Correct me if I'm mistaken but can't a CBJ in good standing repeat the class once per year for free?
ModelMaker

KC_Bobby
01-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I thought it was as often as one liked.

MoKanMeathead
01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
hmmm...can I bring my cooler? :twisted::twisted:

HoDeDo
01-29-2008, 05:49 PM
hmmm...can I bring my cooler? :twisted::twisted:

Man, just had to get Jeff started didn't ya.... :cool: You know he only allows casket coolers in the judging tent.

Jeff_in_KC
01-29-2008, 08:56 PM
You're a funny bunch of farkers! LOL!

I don't know about refresher courses. Seems to me that would increase the meat cost with no income. But I don't make the rules. Someone who knows for sure, chime in.

Jeff_in_KC
01-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Figured I needed an application form to get info to KCBS... Now I think I'm in order! LOL! and the announcement will be on the KCBS site tomorrow... SOMEONE has not been feeling well this week. :wink:

Que'inKC
01-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm going to sign-up but I just registered with KCBS this week so i won't be official for a couple weeks...so I guess I'll wait until then so I get the class for the discounted rate. Thanks

Jeff_in_KC
02-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Shameless bump. :wink:

Jeff_in_KC
02-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Still plenty of room. A few of you guys said you or your wives were going to sign up. Don't have forms for all of you yet. We're getting close to the deadline. Get 'em in if you are gonna! :wink: Thanks!

Plowboy
02-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Jeff, I'm getting my wife set up as a KCBS member tomorrow, then we'll get her into your class. As a CBJ, can I come in and audit the class for free? I'd like to sit with her.

Jeff_in_KC
02-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Jeff, I'm getting my wife set up as a KCBS member tomorrow, then we'll get her into your class. As a CBJ, can I come in and audit the class for free? I'd like to sit with her.

Not sure... I'll have to ask Bunny.

EDIT: Todd, I emailed Bunny last night. no response yet. Hey Steph... if you read this, can you tell us?

Que'inKC
02-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Jeff...I still plan on attending...I'm hoping I'll get my KCBS paperwork this week and I'll sign up...Jeff

Jeff_in_KC
02-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Jeff...I still plan on attending...I'm hoping I'll get my KCBS paperwork this week and I'll sign up...Jeff

Don't worry about waiting on your KCBS paperwork... just sign up. I can always call the KCBS office to get your member number. I have 4-5 who I have to follow up on anyway. I'll just shoot off an email with all of them so go ahead and send it on in.

By the way... with today's mail, I doubled the number of enrolleees for the CBJ class on March 8. We're up to a dozen with at least four more who have confirmed they're signing up.

Deadline is February 29!

Diva
02-20-2008, 07:43 AM
Any CBJ that wants to sign up to take a "refresher" course must be included in the overall count for the instructor, however, no fee is charged, but you must sign up and put on the application refresher course and your CBJ number.

Also, Todd, I wouldn't suggest "sitting" with your wife, you don't want to possibly influence her, I would suggest sitting apart, but, that's just me.

Another thing....Bunny and Rich have left on a cruise. They're probably sunning on the ships deck with mimosa's in their hands by now! lol!

Que'inKC
02-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Don't worry about waiting on your KCBS paperwork... just sign up. I can always call the KCBS office to get your member number. I have 4-5 who I have to follow up on anyway. I'll just shoot off an email with all of them so go ahead and send it on in.

By the way... with today's mail, I doubled the number of enrolleees for the CBJ class on March 8. We're up to a dozen with at least four more who have confirmed they're signing up.

Deadline is February 29!

10-4...I'm filling out the paperwork as we speak and it will be in the mail to you today!!! Thanks!

Jeff_in_KC
02-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Another thing....Bunny and Rich have left on a cruise. They're probably sunning on the ships deck with mimosa's in their hands by now! lol!

That's right... forgot about that. Lucky bastiges! :lol: I'm in Manhattan, KS on business tonight and I think it's somewhere around 8 degrees out there right now. This sucks! And Steph... Mimosas????? I'm guessing Bunny has something in her hands that includes Patron!

Diva
02-21-2008, 09:26 AM
A mimosa is champagne and orange juice.

Jeff_in_KC
02-21-2008, 07:44 PM
A mimosa is champagne and orange juice.

Yeah, I vaguely recall mixing about 8 or more of those things on New Year's morning getting prepped (or pickled) for the Mizzou game. I just figured Bunny would be drinking something with Patron in it. :lol:

Jeff_in_KC
02-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Q'inKC (Jeff) and Chris (Dodge County), got your enrollment forms today. Thanks! See you in a couple of weeks.

Jeff_in_KC
02-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Just a reminder: This coming Friday (Leap Day) is the deadline to register for the CBJ class here in Pleasant Hill. In case some of you aren't sure exactly where we are, we're about 15 minutes SE of Lee's Summit. Sign-up form is on the first post of this thread.

Que'inKC
02-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Q'inKC (Jeff) and Chris (Dodge County), got your enrollment forms today. Thanks! See you in a couple of weeks.

Good deal...See ya on the 8th

stan
02-27-2008, 07:59 PM
I will get you mine. I do not think my bride will be doing it at this time.

Jeff_in_KC
02-27-2008, 08:04 PM
I will get you mine. I do not think my bride will be doing it at this time.

You have to pay double, ya farker! :twisted::lol: no problem. I know where to find you if you forget.

We're at 18 people signed up now as of today. Still have two coming from Cameron, MO who are mailing in the morning, Plowboy's wife, a possible other person I know here in town and you. Really need to get to 24 minimum so if anyone else needs a CBJ class, let me know ASAP. i can probably extend the deadline until next Monday but Rich Tuttle will be calling me for final numbers soon.

Jeff_in_KC
02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Going to extend the deadline to Monday hoping to get six more enrollments. I think we've got four of those so anyone else wanting to sign up should get their form/check in the mail tomorrow.

Jeff_in_KC
03-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Well, the class went off without a hitch! Very smoothly done by all. Thanks to Rich and Bunny for being the instructors. Fantastic job!

My wife also was a huge help and was a vital part of it all.

Thanks a bunch to KC Bobby and to (hopefully) a new Brethren member I recruited from "another" site, Jon Orr. Both are CBJs and came down to help with box building, table captaining and clean up. You guys were great!

And a special thanks to Todd (Plowboy)! Todd came down early and jumped right in seasoning and cooking chicken (one guess what rub we used!) He stayed out in the cold until that job was done then went in and helped build boxes and was a table captain. Todd, I gotta say, if it weren't for you, I don't think we would have had chicken ready when Bunny was ready to proceed with the judging! You da man and I owe you big time!

It was great to see all the Brethren (KC Bobby, Plowboy, Stan, Randy, Vern, Chris) and meet some other Brethren I hadn't met before (DeanC, Que'inKC, Butts a Fire). Seems there were ten of us there. Thanks for supporting the class and the CBJ program, guys!

Now I'm gonna go finish off the 12 pack I started last night, shower, gorge myself on my wife's homemade lasagna and relax on the sofa with a fire in the fireplace until I fall asleep.

Plowboy
03-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Jeff, I just wanted to see you use that Guru on the Spicewine. What a cheater!!!

DeanC
03-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Well, the class went off without a hitch! Very smoothly done by all. Thanks to Rich and Bunny for being the instructors. Fantastic job!

My wife also was a huge help and was a vital part of it all.

Thanks a bunch to KC Bobby and to (hopefully) a new Brethren member I recruited from "another" site, Jon Orr. Both are CBJs and came down to help with box building, table captaining and clean up. You guys were great!

And a special thanks to Todd (Plowboy)! Todd came down early and jumped right in seasoning and cooking chicken (one guess what rub we used!) He stayed out in the cold until that job was done then went in and helped build boxes and was a table captain. Todd, I gotta say, if it weren't for you, I don't think we would have had chicken ready when Bunny was ready to proceed with the judging! You da man and I owe you big time!

It was great to see all the Brethren (KC Bobby, Plowboy, Stan, Randy, Vern, Chris) and meet some other Brethren I hadn't met before (DeanC, Que'inKC, Butts a Fire). Seems there were ten of us there. Thanks for supporting the class and the CBJ program, guys!

Now I'm gonna go finish off the 12 pack I started last night, shower, gorge myself on my wife's homemade lasagna and relax on the sofa with a fire in the fireplace until I fall asleep.

It was a great class Jeff, thanks for your and everybody else's hard work, I had a great time.

Que'inKC
03-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Jeff...Thanks a lot for putting this together, it was a great class and I had a good time...I'm also glad I got to meet everyone, well everyone except Plowboy. I think he skipped out before I got a chance to introduce myself...

I know it was a lot of work for you to put this together and I appreciate the efforts of Tammy and yourself...Thanks again.

Plowboy
03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Jeff...Thanks a lot for putting this together, it was a great class and I had a good time...I'm also glad I got to meet everyone, well everyone except Plowboy. I think he skipped out before I got a chance to introduce myself...

I know it was a lot of work for you to put this together and I appreciate the efforts of Tammy and yourself...Thanks again.

Sorry, dude. Had to get home to relieve mom with the boys.

Que'inKC
03-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Totally understand...i have a 5 year old Daughter...

You live close enough I'm sure we'll meet up one of these days...

I gots to get me some of that GOOD yardbird rub...

KC_Bobby
03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Jeff, no thank you needed - it was my pleasure. Good to meet some new folks and say hello to some others.