PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Superbowl

motoeric
01-21-2008, 02:24 PM
So, anyone doing anything for the Superbowl? Want to get together at Hooters or somewhere to catch the game?

Eric

MAsQue
01-23-2008, 01:17 PM
We're doing the Mid-Winter, Freezer Clean-out, I-Don't-Give-a-Crsp-About-the-Superbowl Smoke-a-thon at my house that day. Turning some venison, lamb and pork pieces into sausages. Cooking a couple of butts and some ribs. Anything else that looks like its been in the freezer too long goes on the fire, too. Followed by the yearly Stuffing Of The Families.

motoeric
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Sounds like fun!

Have a good time.

Eric

SmokeInDaEye
01-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Wine & Swine was thinking of having friends at the restaurant and making a big pot of chili, wings etc. for the game. Anyone in??? We can chip in on beer, maybe bring some potluck type dishes and they'll whip up some stuff. Just a thought.

nancee
01-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I could prolly talk Greg into that!!! Sounds fun!!! Plus I have been dying to see the place.
nancee
Wine & Swine was thinking of having friends at the restaurant and making a big pot of chili, wings etc. for the game. Anyone in??? We can chip in on beer, maybe bring some potluck type dishes and they'll whip up some stuff. Just a thought.

gman
01-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Possibly, just need enough notice to try and line up a baby sitter. Otherwise, I might be stag.

WannaBeBBQueen
01-28-2008, 06:02 AM

Hmmm Nancee's got a good point (I haven't seen the place either...lol)...sounds like fun, keep us posted :biggrin:

Sledneck
01-28-2008, 07:33 AM
If this is on i am definitely in.

BBQchef33
01-28-2008, 09:05 AM
yeah, me too.. I was trying to have something here, but tthe basement is still torn apart from running wires and gas lines. I'm in for an offsite!!

BigBarry
01-28-2008, 09:33 AM

We would definitely be in!!

Couple of Q's:

- Is the place closed?
- If we do pot-luck, will we be able to heat stuff up in the kitchen?
- Chip in on beer, etc. I would be glad to put up for a keg or something like that.
- How many people is he maxing at? I would be bringing 2 - 4.
- If the kitchen is staffed, I would be happy if we could purchase something(s) that take-out well to take home to thank him for his offer.

Once we get confirmed and a roster of folks, let's put up the pot-luck ideas.

Go Giants!!!

SmokeInDaEye
01-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm sure John will chime in when he gets a break but his plan was to be closed and we could definitely reheat things in the kitchen. He's trying to get the TVs hooked into the surround sound this week.

Should be fun!

BigBarry
01-28-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm sure John will chime in when he gets a break but his plan was to be closed and we could definitely reheat things in the kitchen. He's trying to get the TVs hooked into the surround sound this week.

Should be fun!

If that's the case, it will be awesome if he is able to do it!

Keep us posted.

My pot luck items:

- Pesto pasta salad
- Chicken and Broccoli (garlic heaven)

Sledneck
01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
I will bring Keri c hog apple beans, lasagna

BBQchef33
01-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Sausage and peppers here... and wings.

BigBarry
01-28-2008, 10:41 AM
I will bring Keri c hog apple beans

How about some of those award-winning fish-sticks? NOT!

Sledneck
01-28-2008, 10:48 AM
How about some of those award-winning fish-sticks? NOT!
YOU ASKED NOW YOU SHALL GETS

timzcardz
01-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Sounds like fun, but Taste may never be the same!

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but should know later in the week.

Wine & Swine
01-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Alright so here is the plan. Taste will be closed to the public. I am planning on making a big batch of green chile, a ton of wings and Ed is going to make a few funky things as well (he is calling it "molecular white trash" so God only knows what he will be making). If we want pulled pork sliders let me know and I will get a delivery of rolls. Everyone chime in on what they plan to bring and how many people. There are 14 seats at the bar (with 2 flat panel TV's) and tables in the front which we can set one big across the front for about 20 and then can configure the other 20 or so seats in the bar room however we need to. There is also another flat panel upstairs (with a seperate bar) and another 25 or so seats. I will have the surround sound hooked up throughout the whole place. I am not planning on having any staff on the clock except maybe a dishwasher. I have 10 beers on draft and a full bar so we could either have everyone chip in to cover basic costs or I just do really cheap drinks and charge on consumption. Please try to give me an idea of how many people and what time do you guys think is good? I have pork going to Willie's this week so if you guys want pulled pork sammies let me know and I will throw in a few extra butts (we could also do BBQ nachos!). Should be a blast.
John

BBQchef33
01-28-2008, 11:37 AM
If your doin wings, I'll skip them and do a pasta dish with the sausage and peppers. (unless you want different kinds). Pay per play for the bar is my vote.

Im in for 2-3(me and james and maybe one other.)

BigBarry
01-28-2008, 11:47 AM
3-4 for me.

Beer for me any way you want to do it. I would be glad to do pay-per or just pay for open beer. Don't go overboard with selection, etc. FYI anything Lite is fine for me.

If you do open simple bar - no cash register management! I would be glad to volunteer as bartender for a spell.

You know you can count on us (and the rest of the Brethren) to assist with setup and breakdown/clean-up, too. D/W might be good idea but we can do rest of service.

I would like to get there about 1hr ahead. Setup, etc. before kick-off.

motoeric
01-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi,

I didn't hear anyone mention anything about cookies/cakes or chips, so I'll pick up some of that stuff. Maybe I'll make some cookies and use blue and white fondant on them.

I know that this is a mistake to admit in public with the brethren, but I don't drink. Will there be soda on tap or should I bring a few bottles?

Eric

Sledneck
01-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi,

I didn't hear anyone mention anything about cookies/cakes or chips, so I'll pick up some of that stuff. Maybe I'll make some cookies and use blue and white fondant on them.

I know that this is a mistake to admit in public with the brethren, but I don't drink. Will there be soda on tap or should I bring a few bottles?

EricAdmitting that you don't drink is not a mistake at all. Admitting that you are gonna make cookies with fondant is a BIG mistake. :shock::eek:

Sledneck
01-28-2008, 01:30 PM
As far as head count 2 adults 2 kids here

SmokeInDaEye
01-28-2008, 05:09 PM
As far as head count 2 adults 2 kids here

Which one are you?

MilitantSquatter
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm in for sure !!!! Wife will be traveling for work and daughter will be sleeping over at the in-laws for the weekend so this will work out perfectly.

I'll bring the strippers for the half time lap dances.

:biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously - I'll bring a dish or two (to be determined) but I'd also be more than happy to toss in some cash as well for John and Ed for hosting at the restaurant.

I'd be in for a few pulled pork sliders (since the kitchen is closed I guess those kick arse grilled cheese sandwiches are unavailable huh ??). I'd pay for one of those meat and cheese platters too if that's an option.

No alcohol for me either... I'll bring my own water or something or I'll gladly pay for some of that fruit infused iced tea.

As far as start time - Kick off is approx 6:15 PM. It would probably be a good idea to get together a few hours before game time to settle in regarding the food situation/pot luck dishes than scrambling once the game starts. My schedule is open though so whatever works for everyone else...

PS = Fondant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fondant

Fondant is a confection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confection) used as a filling or coating for cakes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cakes), pastries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastries), and candies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candies) or sweets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweets). In its simplest form, it is sugar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar) and water (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water) cooked to a point, specifically the soft-ball stage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy#Manufacture), cooled slightly, and stirred or beaten until it is an opaque mass of creamy consistency. Fondant is commonly used to decorate wedding cakes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cake_decorating). This gives the cakes a smooth appearance.

bbqbull
01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Whished the hell I lived near you folks. Never done anything like that for a Super Bowl Bash.

Jealous mod. here.

MilitantSquatter
01-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Whished the hell I lived near you folks. Never done anything like that for a Super Bowl Bash.

Jealous mod. here.

Have no idea what flights are going for $$ wise from DET to NY, but you could catch an AM flight and be back on a plane by midnight-1PM. :wink:

motoeric
01-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Admitting that you don't drink is not a mistake at all. Admitting that you are gonna make cookies with fondant is a BIG mistake. :shock::eek:

??? I don't get it. Wasn't fondant the secret garnish ingredient for 13th place chicken?

Eric

WannaBeBBQueen
01-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Swamp Pit is in!! :biggrin: Just need a head count and I'm working on that...lol

I'll also post later what food I'll bring...I think I'm gonna try pittz bites of some sort and a few other things...tequila??? is there tequila in the house??lol

If we need anything else I'll gladly bring what ever we need, just ket me know :biggrin:.

Can't wait...I thinks is going to be a blast:biggrin:

Sledneck
01-29-2008, 07:17 AM
??? I don't get it. Wasn't fondant the secret garnish ingredient for 13th place chicken?

EricSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sledneck
01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I'll also post later what food I'll bring...I think I'm gonna try pittz bites of some sort and a few other things...tequila??? is there tequila in the house??lol

If we need anything else I'll gladly bring what ever we need, just ket me know :biggrin:.

Can't wait...I thinks is going to be a blast:biggrin:Just bring the entire contents of the food shed

WannaBeBBQueen
01-29-2008, 10:07 AM
then you better empty out your van cause we're gonna need it...lol

Hey I have one package of sausage left, the ones from from jorge, should I bring them with my food shed?

SmokeInDaEye
01-29-2008, 06:19 PM
then you better empty out your van cause we're gonna need it...lol

Hey I have one package of sausage left, the ones from from jorge, should I bring them with my food shed?

If it's sausage, the answer is always YES.

motoeric
01-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Are we compiling a list here? I'm going to bring a cake or two, some cookies and maybe some other dessert type stuffs.

Should I bring anything else?

Anyone bringing traditional Superbowl fare? Chips, popcorn, etc?

Eric

Westexbbq
01-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Can't believe I am going to have to miss this, sounds like it will be quite the scene and most likely will make the local Society pages and hopefully not the police blotter.
Reason being the current spouse and I have been involved in a gathering of friends since around 1975 to view the Super Bowl and believe it or not, there is a core group of 3 couples that are still in the mix after all these years.
Were it not for this time-honored tradition, I would be there in a heartbeat.
Meanwhile, regards to all who will be there, do a Mescal shot for me and Go Big Blue!
(no mescal for you Eric.)
Con gusano,
Wes

rbsnwngs
01-29-2008, 08:27 PM

i've got 25 original and 25 jalapeno and cheese coming in for the superbowl for the store

WannaBeBBQueen
01-29-2008, 09:47 PM
i've got 25 original and 25 jalapeno and cheese coming in for the superbowl for the store

OOOOO cheese?? I want some how much?????PLeeze?

nancee
01-29-2008, 10:26 PM
jal and cheese for me too!!! good stuff...
what time are we gathering?
nancee

CTSmokehouse
01-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Sounds like a really great time... wish I could attend...I'm so close, yet so far away. Going to test some chicken wing recipes for up coming comps... considering where I live, I wanted both teams in... who should I root for?... I'm from New England, yet live 1 hour from NYC... I will root for a great game... no blow out but a fight to the finish last second classic! May it be an exciting error-less game! I will eventually make it to Taste! Have a great time!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

SmokeInDaEye
01-30-2008, 12:40 PM
jal and cheese for me too!!! good stuff...
what time are we gathering?
nancee

Julie and Nancee want Will's sausage. Pass it on.

rbsnwngs
01-30-2008, 02:50 PM
i can only hope i sell out of food before 6 so i can attened this bash

Wine & Swine
01-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Will if you are coming I need to get another keg ordered. Oh, and you have to try the pulled pork...its amazing!

Sledneck
01-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Will if you are coming I need to get another keg ordered. Oh, and you have to try the pulled pork...its amazing!
I dont think the pulled pork is as amazing as the grilled cheese!:lol:

SmokeInDaEye
01-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I dont think the pulled pork is as amazing as the grilled cheese!:lol:

Wait until you see some of the stuff John and Ed have come up with for Sunday...

nancee
01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
I sure hope so too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nancee
ps did we ever get a start time for this shindig?

i can only hope i sell out of food before 6 so i can attened this bash

Wine & Swine
01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
I am thinking 5 or so as the game starts at 6 or 6:30. What do you guys think?

nancee
01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Obviously it is entirely up to you. FWIW, I think earlier is better as it a) lets people yak a while before things get strted big time on the tv and b) it lets folks get home earlier on a school night if its a blow out either way

I am thinking 5 or so as the game starts at 6 or 6:30. What do you guys think?

BBQchef33
01-30-2008, 07:18 PM
not for nothing, but last year was at my house and no one watched the game. We were all too busy eating, drinking and laughin at The Roofer passed out on the couch with my dogs in his lap.

nancee
01-30-2008, 07:28 PM
that is where I was heading also Phil. Because it is the Giants & Pats I don't want to have everyone choose between watching and socializing. We have found out the hard way a couple time about missing the social parts.

not for nothing, but last year was at my house and no one watched the game. We were all too busy eating, drinking and laughin at The Roofer passed out on the couch with my dogs in his lap.

SmokeInDaEye
01-30-2008, 07:40 PM
So lets shoot for 5. Anyone who is earlier I'm sure John and the boys will be there cooking and I'm two blocks away, probably cooking something out back if people want to swing by, play in Phil's trailer, maybe throw beer cans in the neighbor's yard, whatever.

nancee
01-30-2008, 08:00 PM
ok, how about directions or an address?
thanks
nancee

SmokeInDaEye
01-30-2008, 08:12 PM
ok, how about directions or an address?
thanks
nancee

I guess a napkin sketch won't do?:mrgreen:

The restaurant (www.tastebistro.com (http://www.tastebistro.com)) is at 660 Franklin Avenue in Garden City (11530), about 5 minutes from the highway. I can also pm my cell number to anyone who may be arriving early.

MilitantSquatter
01-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Nancee -

Over the Throgs Neck Bridge - get onto :

Grand Central Pkwy/Northern State Pkwy (East)
Take to MeadowBrook Pkwy (South)
Take to Old Country Rd (west)
make right onto Old Country Rd
make left onto Clinton Rd
right onto Stewart Ave
left onto Franklin Ave

John's place is at 660 Franklin Ave (on right side) but parking lot is in back so make a right onto 7th Ave to get to the parking lot and you can come in through the other entrance which is not on Franklin.

nancee
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
thanks guys...Greg went to school at Adelphi but he could not remember. Google sent us to Belmont from the Throg's Neck fwiw...5 miles on Hempstead Tpke

MilitantSquatter
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
thanks guys...Greg went to school at Adelphi but he could not remember. Google sent us to Belmont from the Throg's Neck fwiw...5 miles on Hempstead Tpke

you can go that way too but traffic lights practically every 1/4 mile....

nancee
01-30-2008, 09:51 PM
so we will go your way...forgot we aren't hauling a trailer so we have more options!

you can go that way too but traffic lights practically every 1/4 mile....

SmokeInDaEye
02-01-2008, 09:13 AM
The countdown begins! I decided to make a master list of who's bring what so we can see if there are any holes. Looks like we'll be more than covered, though!

Phil: pasta dish with the sausage and peppers
Vinny: a dish or two (to be determined)
Julie: pittz bites of some sort and a few other things
John: Chili, smoked wings
Eric: a cake or two, some cookies and maybe some other dessert type stuffs
Sled: Keri c hog apple beans and a 6' hero
Big Barry: Pesto pasta salad, Chicken and Broccoli (garlic heaven)
Me: Maybe beef ribs?? BBQ nachos??? (need to see what's in the freezer)

Also, some other friends will be bringing various sides, some chips/dip, etc.

I don’t want to give away too much in case John is keeping it secret but also expect amazing versions of popcorn, beercan chicken, pretzels, nachos, tacos and jello from Chef Witt and team.

Bill-Chicago
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Julie: pittz bites of some sort

Can't wait for a recipe on pittz bites.

Clint, no celery, carrots, and dip?

SmokeInDaEye
02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Can't wait for a recipe on pittz bites.

Clint, no celery, carrots, and dip?

Why, are you bringing your pet rabbit, Sprinkles?

rbsnwngs
02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Sausae is here both reg and jap and cheese
Reg $5.25 per 6oz link
jap $5.75 per 6oz link
i am also selling it by the pound brethren price only $10 pp

SmokeInDaEye
02-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Reg $5.25 per 6oz link
jap $5.75 per 6oz link

I'll take a pound of each. Uncooked, right? I'll give John some money to give you the next time he is out there.

rbsnwngs
02-01-2008, 02:25 PM
it came cooked

WannaBeBBQueen
02-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Can I get two packages of cooked jap/cheese sausage delivered to taste on Sunday? Pretty Pleeze :biggrin:

rbsnwngs
02-01-2008, 03:22 PM
they dont come in pkgs they come in links and i dont think we can deliver to garden city

Sledneck
02-01-2008, 03:38 PM
they dont come in pkgs they come in links and i dont think we can deliver to garden cityhave meldazar deliver them for you

rbsnwngs
02-01-2008, 03:42 PM
have meldazar deliver them for you

zoladazar does not drive

BigBarry
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Leave Balthazar alone!

SmokeInDaEye
02-01-2008, 04:05 PM
it came cooked

that's fine.

rbsnwngs
02-01-2008, 04:13 PM
that's fine.

Motoeric will be here so i'll give them to him

SmokeInDaEye
02-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Motoeric will be here so i'll give them to him

As long as no fondant is placed on the sausage. :)

Sledneck
02-02-2008, 12:18 AM
The countdown begins! I decided to make a master list of who's bring what so we can see if there are any holes. Looks like we'll be more than covered, though!

Sled: Keri c hog apple beans, lasagna (with extra attitude)

I donít want to give away too much in case John is keeping it secret but also expect amazing versions of popcorn, beercan chicken, pretzels, nachos, tacos and jello from Chef Witt and team.
Update please

SmokeInDaEye
02-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Update please

Will do. I had dinner with the good Doctor (BBQ) tonight and may be adding his deep fried ribs and deep fried pickles as well.

BBQchef33
02-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Does john have racks and sternos at the restaurant i can put the pans in or should i bring some? i will have 2 large pans.

SmokeInDaEye
02-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Does john have racks and sternos at the restaurant i can put the pans in or should i bring some? i will have 2 large pans.

I'll check tomorrow, but they've been doing a ton of offsite events so I would assume they're covered.

timzcardz
02-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Well I should be good for tomorrow as well.

I'll bring some pinwheel sandwich hors d'oerves, and a bunch of Pig-A-Day BBQ calendars if anyone wants one that doesn't have one already, or just wants another.

nancee
02-02-2008, 06:00 PM
unstuffed peppers, maybe mac n cheese and/or something else. I also have a ton of chafers but let me know if you want em
nancee

I donít want to give away too much in case John is keeping it secret but also expect amazing versions of popcorn, beercan chicken, pretzels, nachos, tacos and jello from Chef Witt and team.

nancee
02-02-2008, 06:02 PM
2# jal; 1# regular; more jal if you have a ton of it
thanks
nancee

Reg $5.25 per 6oz link
jap $5.75 per 6oz link

Wine & Swine
02-02-2008, 07:51 PM
We do not using chafing dishes but I do have 3 stands, hotel pans and 5 sternos if that works.

rbsnwngs
02-03-2008, 07:10 AM
as of right now

Clint 1lb of each
Nancee 2lbs jap 1lb reg

please respond before 11am if anyone else wahts any

Oh by the way i have already had a beer

WannaBeBBQueen
02-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I'll take a pound of each pleeze :biggrin: TY

and I can't believe you waited this long to have a beer...lol

See ya later!

WannaBeBBQueen
02-03-2008, 08:25 AM
We do not using chafing dishes but I do have 3 stands, hotel pans and 5 sternos if that works.
I think we need more ...:roll:

I have extra racks and pans but I'm not sure about sternos...

nancee
02-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I am a little late on this Will but that kid Shawn who cooks with us sometimes would like to buy a bottle or two of your sauce. So if you can send some along, I will pay you for that as well
thanks and hope to see you later
nancee

as of right now

Clint 1lb of each
Nancee 2lbs jap 1lb reg

please respond before 11am if anyone else wahts any

Oh by the way i have already had a beer

motoeric
02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi,

I'm at Willie's now. If anyone else would like sausage, let me know and I'll bring it. I believe he is charging $10.00 a pound. There are cheese and jalepeno.

Call the store and ask for me. 631 206 2580.

Eric

MilitantSquatter
02-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Planned to make some other stuff but time was limited today so I made :

Big tray of fresh mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil. Mozarella was extremely fresh.. was still hot when the Italian market put it out. Not the easiest to slice.

Tray of mixed Italian cured meats... sopressata, hot sopressata, peppercorned salami, genoa salami

Fruit salad

2 loaves of Italian bread

Westexbbq
02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Sorry I cannot make this gala affair but I will be there in spirit.
Hope y'all have fun.
Eric, I will take a lb of jalepeno sausages if possible and will pick them up next Friday at Willie B's.
Go Giants!

Yakfishingfool
02-03-2008, 03:24 PM
(sniff, sniff)...another one missed......

MilitantSquatter
02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Just got home.... Had a great time.

Thanks to John and team for being great hosts !!!

motoeric
02-03-2008, 10:06 PM
It seemed like a great time was had by all. The ambiance and food were great. It was nice to hang with so many Brethren in the middle of winter.

John, Ed and Clint were wonderful hosts. I just feel a little guilty that they were constantly running around ensuring that everyone else was taken care of.

Eric

timzcardz
02-04-2008, 07:21 AM
WOW!

What a GREAT time with a wondeful bunch of people.

John and Ed,

THANK YOU!

Your hospitality is appreciated and unequaled.

WannaBeBBQueen
02-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Well I think the general consensus was that John, Ed & Clint are wonderful hosts...we had an awesome time and the hospitality just couldn't be beat!

So do we get to have another superbowl party at Taste?

I think Mrs. Barry took some photos, so maybe when Trish gets a chance she'll post them!

And last but certainly not least Evan Clint's youngest child made his first brethren appearance, what a beautiful baby!

BigBarry
02-04-2008, 08:34 AM
John and Ed - thanks so much! It was the BEST Superbowl party I have ever attended!!!

The food from the Taste kitchen and all the pot-luck stuff from the Brethren was truly outstanding!!

I am sure we'll get a run-down going once we post our pics.

Great to get together with such wonderful people.

BigBarry
02-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey - where was Sledneck?

Westexbbq
02-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Check John Mellencamp.

Sledneck
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey - where was Sledneck?
Could not be there due to some unfortunate family stuff.

BigBarry
02-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Could not be there due to some unfortunate family stuff.

Sorry, Man. We missed you.

WannaBeBBQueen
02-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Yes we did...just wasn't the same. Sending prayers your way.

Westexbbq
02-04-2008, 12:46 PM

Me too, sorry man, did not know.
Good thoughts and prayers on the way and hope things are ok.

SmokeInDaEye
02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks to John for hosting a great party. There must have been about 10 pounds of food per person! Beef ribs, spare ribs, ziti, sausage and peppers, nachos, chicken in a beer can, home-made combos, salami, fried pickles, jambalaya, tacos, chili, cake, brownies, cookies, and on and on.

I hope the mess wasn't too bad and they invite us back next year!

Wine & Swine
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks to everyone for an absolute blast yesterday. I agree with BigBarry as it definitley was the best Super Bowl party I have ever been to/held. The amount of food was ridiculous (six slabs of Willie B's famous St.Louis Ribs, an entire taco bar and my green chile didn't even make an appearance until after half time because there was no room) and the company was even better. There were Jello shots, Jaegar shots...and what seemed to be an never ending flow of beer (mini Coronas for me, I think I had about 50 of them but who is counting). Ed, the chef, also got to show off a little and do some funky dishes and even use a blowtorch on a Pabst Blue Ribbon can filled with chicken sausage in the dining room, who knew it would pop and blow chicken all over the room...not me. Thanks again to everyone for coming and as always thank you guys for all the support you have shown me and my restaurant.
John

BigBarry
02-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Here are the pics we took of the bash!

http://picasaweb.google.com/teambigbarryq/SuperbowlParty2008

Westexbbq
02-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Great shots BB, gotta love that Guinness jello shot as well.
Beautiful people having a great time!

nancee
02-04-2008, 09:39 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...thanks to you John, Ed and Clint.
What a great job you did!!! We had such a blast; thanks for letting us be a part of it and for getting to know your family and all the brethren a little better...
next time I think we need more food though...there should be at least 2 full hotel pans per person...
thanks again to Taste and the Giants
nancee

Thanks to everyone for an absolute blast yesterday. I agree with BigBarry as it definitley was the best Super Bowl party I have ever been to/held. The amount of food was ridiculous (six slabs of Willie B's famous St.Louis Ribs, an entire taco bar and my green chile didn't even make an appearance until after half time because there was no room) and the company was even better. There were Jello shots, Jaegar shots...and what seemed to be an never ending flow of beer (mini Coronas for me, I think I had about 50 of them but who is counting). Ed, the chef, also got to show off a little and do some funky dishes and even use a blowtorch on a Pabst Blue Ribbon can filled with chicken sausage in the dining room, who knew it would pop and blow chicken all over the room...not me. Thanks again to everyone for coming and as always thank you guys for all the support you have shown me and my restaurant.
John

motoeric
02-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the photos Greg! Not to nitpick, but the cupcakes were Wills.

Eric

rbsnwngs
02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the photos Greg! Not to nitpick, but the cupcakes were Wills.

Eric

they were Erics hes beind modest

John, Clint and Ed thank you for being a such great hosts i had a blast

Pigtrip
02-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Was there any fondant involved?

Yakfishingfool
02-05-2008, 11:09 AM
With Willie there is always Fondant involved. Scott

SmokeInDaEye
02-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Here are the pics we took of the bash!

http://picasaweb.google.com/teambigbarryq/SuperbowlParty2008

Great pics, Garry. I have some too but need to upload them when I get a breather.