PDA

View Full Version : SO Cal Comp - Backyard at the Rocke 3

C Rocke
01-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Saturday January 26th - Backyard at the Rocke 3 - "Super Que Saturday"

Third occasional backyard comp in Garden Grove, CA. Chicken, ribs, tri tip, and anything butt. KCBS type rules. Prizes include:

BLQUE and Pelletheads.com have generously offered the January backyard event the following Forschner knife prizes for the top three teams -- i.e. Grand Champ, Reserve Champ and team no 3.

First Place -- a 12 40633 with Granton edge, $60.35 value
Second Place -- a 40812 6 wide blade with Granton edge, a $31.15 value and a 42610 6 curved blade with Granton edge, a $26.05 value
Third Place -- a 46612 6 wide blade stiff, a $22.70 value

Also, Eggs by the Bay and Darry Smith have donated a basket full of BBQ goodies (such thing as sauces, rubs, gloves, etc) for the Grand Champ. A picture of the basket can be seen on the forum thread. These are incredibly generous gifts and addition to apple pies from Mrs Meredith!

Have room for 2 more teams, but will need commitment no later than 1/18 to add you to the roster of competitors. Please PM Bentley Meredith or me to get in on this.

Teams committed include:

Rancho Rocke BBQ
Smell My Butts
YANQUI PIT BOSS
Four Q
Big Country BBQ
Blast Off BBQ
FunTime BBQ
When Pigs Fly BBQ
Thrill Billy BBQ
Carter Catering
4 Aces BBQ
Thom and Kyles Bubba Q

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Countryhb
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Hope those gloves are the XX. I'd hate to win that basket and not be able to use everything in it!!

big brother smoke
01-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Blast Off BBQ is going to win:tongue:

Countryhb
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM

Says the guy who's too scared to bring his butt down to the Grove!!

big brother smoke
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM

I am pit bitchin for Blast off :eek::tongue::biggrin:

ThomEmery
01-14-2008, 06:47 PM
It will be a kick

Brian in So Cal
01-14-2008, 07:35 PM

Hehe, Brother smoke is coming down.

Single Fin Smoker
01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah Steph whatup wit dat?

Single Fin Smoker
01-16-2008, 11:52 AM
BBS are you gonna make it down here for dis?

big brother smoke
01-16-2008, 04:12 PM
I will be there! Be very scared:twisted:

Bigmista
01-16-2008, 04:31 PM
You never know... i might be there. Recruiting folks to help me move on Sunday!
*watching folks run away*

big brother smoke
01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
You never know... i might be there. Recruiting folks to help me move on Sunday!
*watching folks run away*

I said I was in! I am a man of my word you know:rolleyes:

Bentley
01-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Rancho Rocke BBQ
Smell My Butts
YANQUI PIT BOSS
Four Q
Big Country BBQ
Auntie Shoe's Bodacious BBQ
Blast Off BBQ
FunTime BBQ
When Pigs Fly BBQ
Thrill Billy BBQ
Smokealicious BBQ
Carter Catering
4 Aces BBQ
Thom and Kyles Bubba Q
Leanza
Full list of teams as of 1-18-08...It is closed!

I am looking forward to being a Table Captian...almost hoping a few judges dont show so I can judge, but that is not likly to happen with this fine crew of competitors!

Fin, you got Norco to cook with you, this should be priceless, I get to rag on you both at one time!

From my count 8 Brethern teams...not bad! I think we have 3 Cherry's, always good to see new teams competing!

Single Fin Smoker
01-18-2008, 07:00 PM
He who leaves his pellet poopers at home and does not compete, should not be throwing pellets at competitors from his captains table.

c-, hows that jockey box doin? Which beers did you decide on? Want me to bring cups?

BBS, I graduated from college and started q-n before you were still an itch in your daddys pants. I ain't scared o'you.

leanza
01-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks Bent for graciously allowing us to compete. Last minute entries get assigned a team name, i.e. " Leanza BBQ". We will go with that. We will wear it with great pride.

I noticed a little smack talk going on around here, nice! Can't wait to provide a some, stiff, stealth competition:mrgreen::mrgreen:

VIVA LA UNDERDOG!

Single Fin Smoker
01-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Right on!!

Does this mean no Carne Asada for the rest of us?

leanza
01-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Brother Fin, your always welcome to whatever I got going on the cooker.

So Fin, you and the diabolical Dr. Pat the "Norco Thrillbilly" are teaming up to create mayhem eh? Pat could prep whatever your cooking in one of his aeronautical simulators, at work ,and kick all ya alls arses!

Single Fin Smoker
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I figured two necks are better than one.
Bring your ez ups every body. This rain might last all week.

Countryhb
01-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Glad to see you girls talking smack...

Norcoredneck
01-22-2008, 03:45 AM
Fin, I gathered up some of that "Special Seasoning" from the horse path, now all we have to do is get it into their smokers! :twisted:

Edit: Sorry Fin thought I was in the PM section!

Bigmista
01-22-2008, 01:48 PM
I'll be there with my team but I'm not cooking. I will have some special duties to take care of. Be afraid...

Single Fin Smoker
01-22-2008, 02:31 PM
As long as your special duties have nothing to do with the........awwwwww I can't say it.

Bentley
01-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Was gonna cook Gryo's for the BackYard III...since we had to postpone it till March 1st, decided to give a test run last Saturday...here was the outcome! Figured you guys and gals like food pics!

The Final outcome...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/Gyros/IMG_1606.jpg

Kristin was saying the Gryo places would have the meat on a vertical spit, so as you cut meat off, it cooks it up again to get that crust?

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/Gyros/IMG_1607.jpg

If you are more into the outer crust that would make sense...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/Gyros/IMG_1608.jpg

The sauce was quite intresting, not a big yogurt fan, do like cucumbers, salt and olive oil though...I think a nacho cheese sauce is going to be more approprite!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/Gyros/IMG_1610_2.jpg

Umpha!...Realized a few things in this project, the meat had to much rosemary for me, I do not think I am a big gryo fan, and I have some very Butt Ugly teeth!