PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Contest - Red, White & BBQ (Westmont,IL)

Scottie
01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
My hometown of Westmont, Illinois got their sanctioning approved for their 2nd Annual Red, White and BBQ contest. It will be held on May 24-25th. This is a Saturday/Sunday contest. It was a good contest last year.

Hope to see some of you there.

Scottie

Rolling Smoke
01-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Do they have a website Scottie?

Bbq Bubba
01-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Dang you guy's are getting a lot of comp's in your state, thinking it would be easier driving if i just spent the summer there!!
I take it you mean KCBS sanctioning??
Anything else goin on around there being a holiday that the whole family could enjoy??

2Fat
01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
nice contest--other than the tolls<lol> and the fact they didn't like our grub<sf>

Scottie
01-11-2008, 09:32 PM
I believe the website is westmontbbq.com, but I know it's not updated with the new application.

There's lot's of things to do in the area. If you want info PM me and I can get you some ideas. It's a large modern park, with a zero gravity water park, playground, et al for the kids. The contest also puts on different things in the park for everyone in the family.

Buzz, they didn't like my bbq either. But there is always next year. Man, I sound like a Cubs fan... ;-)

2Fat
01-11-2008, 09:50 PM
think this year gonna try the GAB--see what KC is like in a month other than Oct or Jan!

billm
01-11-2008, 11:53 PM
we got our best chicken score in years at westmont..hope you all get better weather as well

michiana mark
01-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Dang you guy's are getting a lot of comp's in your state, thinking it would be easier driving if i just spent the summer there!!
I take it you mean KCBS sanctioning??
Anything else goin on around there being a holiday that the whole family could enjoy??

Pitch a tent in my backyard for the summer. Then your'e only 2 hrs more or less from Chicago. Remember to trim the grass nice around the landscaping, that's the way the wife likes it. What you thought you could just freeload all summer. I got two kids that do that now.

Ulcer Acres
01-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Buzz, you will like the GAB I am pretty sure we will be headed that way especially since the World Brisket contest is the same time. We got along pretty well there last year.

Ron_L
01-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Great timing, Scottie! I was looking at the KCBS site the other day to see if Westmont was listed so I could get it on my calendar.

parrothead
01-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Gonna try like heck to do that one this year

tonto1117
01-14-2008, 10:27 AM
On our calendar!!! See Ya'll there...:wink:

big brother smoke
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Greg and RonL if I am in town for the long weekend, I may want to come and provide some pit bitchin iffin one of yawl would have me!:biggrin: