PDA

View Full Version : My competition trailer

Ford
01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Hopefully this picture works and i'll post a couple more. It's an 8.5' x 16' that has 2 FE's in this pic plus hot/cold running water. Believe it or not I move the FE at the back left up to the front for travel and can load my golf cart in for travel.

If all goes well in 2 weeks the swing doors will be replaced by a ramp door and in 2008 I'll travel with 3 FE's. And I think I'm going to put the fridge back in and take ou the front counter.

http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/trailerinside2.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Water system
http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/watersystem.jpg.w300h225.jpg

outside - awning
http://home.netcom.com/~alisonf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/meandthetrailer.jpg.w300h210.jpg

Bill The Grill Guy
01-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Only one thing to say here. SWEET!

Kung Fu BBQ
01-09-2008, 09:58 AM
that is beautiful!

Spydermike72
01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I have seen that trailer and it is indeed a sweet setup!! Ford you are the man!!

Bbq Bubba
01-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Only thing i see missing on that counter is Sunday's tenderloin....:cool:
Very nice trailer, i thought even more of it when it was for sale!!! :biggrin:

Scottie
01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Ford who did you go to to get a platform gate? I was thinking of adding a flatform to the back of my rv, so I don't need to unload my FE's... Just roll them out. Much like my hero, Ulcer Acres...

biffleg
01-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Very nice Ford! I'm looking forward to the day I have a little trailer that will haul (1) FE :biggrin:

Excuse my ignorance - but here goes: the FE on the back wall in the first pic - looks pretty permanent - does the inside of the trailer not fill up with smoke when you open the door during a cook? Or do you roll them out of the trailer each time you're cooking?

Ford
01-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Ford who did you go to to get a platform gate? I was thinking of adding a flatform to the back of my rv, so I don't need to unload my FE's... Just roll them out. Much like my hero, Ulcer Acres...

Well my trailer is made by United in Elkhart IN area so I went back to them. I imagine your MH is also made in that area. Try asking the dealer if the manufacturer can retro fit one in. Not sure ehat problems you could have with a warranty. I no longer have that problem.

And yes I want to be like my hero Ulcer Acres as well but I can't afford a 38' toy hauler.

Very nice Ford! I'm looking forward to the day I have a little trailer that will haul (1) FE :biggrin:

Excuse my ignorance - but here goes: the FE on the back wall in the first pic - looks pretty permanent - does the inside of the trailer not fill up with smoke when you open the door during a cook? Or do you roll them out of the trailer each time you're cooking?

The FE is vented out the window so it's only a little smoke when you open the door while cooking. I have 2 roof vents and side windows to allow airflow. The one up front against the front wall that you see will always be there. I plan to vent it thru the roof if possible this winter. The other 2 will roll out onto the new ramp door being installed. I'm still working on an idea for an awning to roll out over it. Could use an EZUP like Dr Porkenstien does.

big brother smoke
01-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Nice set up!

blues_n_cues
01-09-2008, 01:51 PM
great setup ford. i'm still modding mine & your pics are helping a lot. thanx.

paydabill
01-09-2008, 01:57 PM
That is great looking - wow you thought of everything.

Ford
01-09-2008, 02:59 PM
That is great looking - wow you thought of everything.
A bathroom would be nice.

watg?
01-09-2008, 06:57 PM
looks like a sweet ride!

Plowboy
01-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Very nice, Ford.

Bigdog
01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I love the fact that you bring a golf cart to the site. Just make sure Wayne does not hear this. He is infamous for his escapades in them.

Rub-A-Dub
01-09-2008, 07:35 PM
All I can say is "Someday!!"

The Pickled Pig
01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Nice digs!

ZBQ
01-09-2008, 10:04 PM
All I can say is "Someday!!"

Yep, me too.

Nice looking rig Ford.

You bringing that to the comp in Dayton?

I'd love to get a look at it up close.

Ford
01-10-2008, 05:18 AM
Yep, me too.

Nice looking rig Ford.

You bringing that to the comp in Dayton?

I'd love to get a look at it up close.

It will be at Dayton.

Bud's BBQ
01-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Ford, great work. Thanks again for sharing your insights with me as i try to figure out how to haul a lang and and egg!!:?::?:

Dale P
01-10-2008, 06:34 AM
That is sweet. Real nice set up Ford.

QN
01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I love the fact that you bring a golf cart to the site. Just make sure Wayne does not hear this. He is infamous for his escapades in them.

I know for a fact there are quite a few golf cart stories from barbecue contests.... right Ford!

Ford
01-10-2008, 10:04 AM
I know for a fact there are quite a few golf cart stories from barbecue contests.... right Ford!
You sure managed to dump your brother off the back of one although in fairness to you we were stopped at the time. And I sure know better than to ever give you the keys again no matter how drunk I am.:biggrin:

QN
01-10-2008, 12:42 PM
You sure managed to dump your brother off the back of one although in fairness to you we were stopped at the time. And I sure know better than to ever give you the keys again no matter how drunk I am.:biggrin:

I will have you know I did not "dump" him. He fell off all by himself after we had stopped; both times...
Hope to see you somewhere this year golf cart or not.

Ford
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I will have you know I did not "dump" him. He fell off all by himself after we had stopped; both times...
Hope to see you somewhere this year golf cart or not.
I may make it to Pine bluff this year - not sure yet. I will be at the GAB and then probably won't go south of Mt Vernon after that. You know there's always a cold one for you if you show up.

blues_n_cues
01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
what are you using for a water heater & pump? i was thinking 110v converted demand units for my trailer.

Ford
01-10-2008, 01:19 PM
what are you using for a water heater & pump? i was thinking 110v converted demand units for my trailer.
I have a 110 RV pump as I don't have the trailer wired for DC. It's normal on demand and works off the taps. The hot water is a tiny titan under the counter unit again electric. I can run it, the pump, lights and the FE's all at once on 15 amp although I have 30 amp service in the trailer. Now if I want to make coffee or finish my brisket in the microwave :twisted: I better make sure the water heater is turned off.

blues_n_cues
01-10-2008, 01:24 PM
thanx ford. i'll have to look into that(so ingrained w/ 12v boat stuff i never thought of rv stuff)my trailer is 30amp too a spare circuit i can use just for the pump & heater.

TOPS BBQ
01-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Awesome! Something missing...Ah, I see that my name is missing from the title.:sad:

Jorge
01-10-2008, 02:49 PM
There might be some folks that expect you in Colleyville this year, now that the awning is fixed:wink:8-)

burnin butts
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Nice rig!!! The only thing missing that I can tell is the keg and tap!!

Ford
01-21-2008, 02:32 PM
still no keg and tap but it is back at the dealer and I should pick it up tomorrow. It now has the ramp door so I can use it for a couple of FE's to cook at comps. Of course that means I now need 30 feet of space as it's 16 plus about 7 for the door and 5 for the tongue. Now I have to decide how to cover the door when it's down and make a bench that will fold up for travel and can be expanded to make a bed at night.

scottyd
01-21-2008, 07:00 PM
still no keg and tap but it is back at the dealer and I should pick it up tomorrow. It now has the ramp door so I can use it for a couple of FE's to cook at comps. Of course that means I now need 30 feet of space as it's 16 plus about 7 for the door and 5 for the tongue. Now I have to decide how to cover the door when it's down and make a bench that will fold up for travel and can be expanded to make a bed at night.

yep you will still be paying for an extra space. that is no fun. My trailer has me paying more all the time. I do like the bench Idea!

I would still put the Keg tap in:biggrin: