PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Your Butt Off 2008

pigmaker23
01-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Freeze Your Butt Off, 2008

Mark your Calenders Bretheren ! I am very happy to announce that there will be a winter contest !! Freeze Your Butt Off, 2008 will be held at The Jiminy Peak Ski Resort in Hancock MA (http://www.jiminypeak.com/index.php)., on Saturday March 1st and Sunday March 2nd.

As its stands now, there will be a peoples choice wings contest on Saturday Evening, there will be live music in the tavern on Saturday Night after the peoples choice! There will be the standard KCBS catagory contest with a fifth catagory to be determined on Sunday.

Entry will be limited to 18 teams, the entry fee will be
$ 135.00 for both events. More details, application and waiver, cooks package, room discount info to follow in a day or two..

It promises to be a lot of fun with lots to do for the whole family.

Sledneck
01-06-2008, 07:07 PM
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Im in!!!

nancee
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Eric
please get me an app right away please. Is there lodging available?
thanks
nancee

Sledneck
01-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Eric
thanks
nancee
Lodging http://www.jiminypeak.com/lodge/l_lodge.html

pigmaker23
01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
There is lodging both on and off the mountian, Go to Jiminypeak.com to check it out. We were there yesterday and it was great ! the outdoor pool and hot tub are both still running and in use ! the skiing wasnt bad either.:-P

Eric
thanks
nancee

Sledneck
01-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Used to go up there alot when it was called brodie. Great place especially for the family

nancee
01-06-2008, 07:37 PM
close but not the same place

we were at Snow...what a great weekend!!! id anyone ever needs bus to hang with skiing check out skibears.org. Families and kids welcome also.
I threw one hell of a cocktail party for 50 of my closest friends last night...
thanks for the link, I 'll check it out. Just thought Eric might have cut a deal with them...

Used to go up there alot when it was called brodie. Great place especially for the family

pigmaker23
01-06-2008, 07:40 PM
there will be a room discount of some sort, the details have not been worked out with the resort. it should be in the package coming out in the next few days

close but not the same place

we were at Snow...what a great weekend!!! id anyone ever needs bus to hang with skiing check out skibears.org. Families and kids welcome also.
I threw one hell of a cocktail party for 50 of my closest friends last night...
thanks for the link, I 'll check it out. Just thought Eric might have cut a deal with them...

ique
01-06-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm in. Nice job Eric.

BBQchef33
01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
The Pigpen will be there.

pigmaker23
01-07-2008, 05:42 AM
Cool

=BBQchef33;531269]The Pigpen will be there.[/quote]

WannaBeBBQueen
01-07-2008, 06:34 AM
The Swamp Pit is in too :biggrin:...waiting on the application :lol:

lunchlady
01-07-2008, 07:26 AM
good job Eric!

sounds like a plan!

acorette
01-07-2008, 08:15 AM
8 Ball and the 'Que sticks is interested too! Sounds fantastic!

WannaBeBBQueen
01-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Holy cow...just checked the price to stay at the resort, from Fri-Sun 2 adults...Country Suite
DLX Two Room Suite-King Bed-Sofa Bed-Kitchen. Two TV's-Full bath w/separate vanity. Each suite includes a master bedroom with king size bed, living room with a queen sofa sleeper, Cable TV's and VCR, kitchenette.

419.00 ~ Average Daily Rate 838.00 ~ Total Stay* excluding tax
Policies... (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:crs.toggleElementVisibilty%28%27pol-IBL-PKG%27%29)

Can you say ouch! lol Can anyone recommend somewhere cheaper to stay near by cause unless the discount that we get is more than 50% I'm sleeping in my car...lol, unless someone else wants to join us?? Maybe if we split it...

pigmaker23
01-07-2008, 09:10 AM
There are three seperate lodges located at the mountian, which all are different prices, also there are many offsite places including a Red Carpet Inn for $ 59.00 / night that is 10 minutes away..

Holy cow...just checked the price to stay at the resort, from Fri-Sun 2 adults...Country Suite
DLX Two Room Suite-King Bed-Sofa Bed-Kitchen. Two TV's-Full bath w/separate vanity. Each suite includes a master bedroom with king size bed, living room with a queen sofa sleeper, Cable TV's and VCR, kitchenette.

419.00 ~ Average Daily Rate 838.00 ~ Total Stay* excluding tax
Policies... (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:crs.toggleElementVisibilty%28%27pol-IBL-PKG%27%29)

Can you say ouch! lol Can anyone recommend somewhere cheaper to stay near by cause unless the discount that we get is more than 50% I'm sleeping in my car...lol, unless someone else wants to join us?? Maybe if we split it...

BBQchef33
01-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Futon
Heater
Seeping bag..... :)

lunchlady
01-07-2008, 10:15 AM
electric blanket... hand and feet warmers... 'juiced' cherries... oh yeah... the propane heater worked really well... this was inside our EZ-UP at the Winter Sizzler last year... outside temp was freezing.

WannaBeBBQueen
01-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Futon
Heater
Seeping bag..... :)
all I have to say is...:tongue: lol

For all others, thanks and I will take all suggestions into consideration, might even just heat our compound, as we have several people coming with us.

Transformer BBQ
01-07-2008, 10:38 AM
electric blanket... hand and feet warmers... 'juiced' cherries... oh yeah... the propane heater worked really well... this was inside our EZ-UP at the Winter Sizzler last year... outside temp was freezing.

what kind do you guys have? the bistro lamp looking type? or one of the coleman floor style?

Sawdustguy
01-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Chit, I will be going back to Munich that weekend for business. Just gonna need to find some que in Germany.

Muzzlebrake
01-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Chit, I will be going back to Munich that weekend for business. Just gonna need to find some que in Germany.

never mind that, head to the Paulaner Haus, just off the Marienplatz. go for the spanferkel and speatzle!

Westexbbq
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Ah, the old spanferkel and speatzle game.
BOT, how far to Hancock from L.I.?
3 hrs? 4?
Can't cook but are you looking for judges yet?

Q Haven
01-07-2008, 11:43 PM
This should make it easy to stay warm....

YankeeBBQ
01-08-2008, 07:10 AM
This should make it easy to stay warm....

Don't bet on it Ted. At the winter Sizzler last year there wasn't enough AC to run our heater in the trailer and I didn't bring a generator. I'm not sure those units put out enough heat anyway for temps in the teens !

pigmaker23
01-08-2008, 07:16 AM
3 Hours give or take , we will need at least 18 judges

Ah, the old spanferkel and speatzle game.
BOT, how far to Hancock from L.I.?
3 hrs? 4?
Can't cook but are you looking for judges yet?

pigmaker23
01-08-2008, 07:17 AM
you guys in, its only an hour trip for you...:-P

never mind that, head to the Paulaner Haus, just off the Marienplatz. go for the spanferkel and speatzle!

lunchlady
01-08-2008, 08:09 AM
what kind do you guys have? the bistro lamp looking type? or one of the coleman floor style?

actually, it was the jumbo, industrial-type heater that they use to warm up job sites... the only problem was that when we turned it down to the lowest it could go, our eyes were a little bit stingy from the unburned fuel.... :roll: heheh.

Ted - I LUV your trailer! ~jealousy mod~

Eric - this is Friday night People's Choice and Saturday BBQ turn-in? Or is BBQ turn-in on Sunday?

Q Haven
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Don't bet on it Ted. At the winter Sizzler last year there wasn't enough AC to run our heater in the trailer and I didn't bring a generator. I'm not sure those units put out enough heat anyway for temps in the teens !

I was planning on bringing a generator. The camper is equipped with a gas furnace, but i have never used it and have no idea how to start it. Should be interesting...

The Anchorman
01-08-2008, 11:20 AM
I was planning on bringing a generator. The camper is equipped with a gas furnace, but i have never used it and have no idea how to start it. Should be interesting...

Ted do you have room in there for a couple of Anchormen?:roll:

Q Haven
01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Maybe, if you have a generator I can borrow and know how to start an RV furnace....

The Anchorman
01-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Maybe, if you have a generator I can borrow and know how to start an RV furnace....
Actually we are looking for a propane heater at Lowes, for a pop up.
Besides there won't be room with your expanding family, congrats Dad!

ihbobry
01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Come on guys, it's going to be March. Your acting like your from Florida. You all should be acclimated fully by then and besides no one in this thread has a lack of "personal insulation" (myself included). :biggrin: The only bad thing is there is a lack of sun in that little valley.

I am glad though we did a practice cook all of last weekend so we should be able to handle everything from 20 degrees sleet, snow and wind to 45 and sun and wind. Perfect March weather it was.

The Anchorman
01-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Come on guys, it's going to be March. Your acting like your from Florida. You all should be acclimated fully by then and besides no one in this thread has a lack of "personal insulation" (myself included). :biggrin: The only bad thing is there is a lack of sun in that little valley.

I am glad though we did a practice cook all of last weekend so we should be able to handle everything from 20 degrees sleet, snow and wind to 45 and sun and wind. Perfect March weather it was.

So you guys are going with Q-Less as a team name now?
I wonder where that came from?

ihbobry
01-08-2008, 01:49 PM
So you guys are going with Q-Less as a team name now?
I wonder where that came from?

Only so many DAL or near DAL pork entries can be turned in before you admit your Q-Less. :rolleyes:

The Anchorman
01-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Only so many DAL or near DAL pork entries can be turned in before you admit your Q-Less. :rolleyes:
I remember a certain conversation with your wife by the pool concerning ....
oops is that another chat for another day:shock:

Just kidding, are you going to cook the Freeze Your Butt Off?

Q Haven
01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Actually we are looking for a propane heater at Lowes, for a pop up.
Besides there won't be room with your expanding family, congrats Dad!

Thanks Ray!

ihbobry
01-08-2008, 02:28 PM
I remeber a certain conversation with your wife by the pool concerning ....
oops is that another chat for another day:shock:

Just kidding, are you going to cook the Freeze Your Butt Off?

Don't worry, we know you guys where chatting up our wives. :biggrin:

Gary needs to clear his schedule, and if not maybe he'll let me fail on my own, it's too close to home (for me, not Gary so much) to not go.

Muzzlebrake
01-08-2008, 09:39 PM
you guys in, its only an hour trip for you...:-P

yeah its nice and close, trying, will know more by the end of the week

pigmaker23
01-10-2008, 11:01 AM
The 2008 Freeze Your Butt Off is a New England Barbeque Society TOY Event. This contest will count towards the Team of the Year which ends in July 2008. The contest application, cooks package & judging registration forms will be up on this site by Saturday Night. Looking forward to a sucessful event ...

Lakeside Smoker
01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Eric,
How much room do the teams have? Is it the usual 20' x 20'? Any room for large RV's?

Thanks
Mike

pigmaker23
01-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Good Morning:

The Contest Application and Judges Application is now up and ready for downloading.. go to www.pigmakerproductions.com (http://www.pigmakerproductions.com) , looking forward to seeing you all there

YankeeBBQ
01-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Can I use a gas grill or gas fryer for the Wing Contest ? Same question for the Iron Chef

pigmaker23
01-23-2008, 07:37 AM
The response so far is good, it has really strong with judges, we are working on some nice prizes to go along with the cash amounts previously posted so check the website. a detailed statement about the chefs choice will be up in a day or two.. it wont be long now ...

Can I use a gas grill or gas fryer for the Wing Contest ? Same question for the Iron Chef

nancee
01-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Eric,
I sent an email to Jiminy over the weekend inquiring about lodging. I have not heard back from them. Is this something that hasn't been finalized yet?

anyone want to lend me a cooker? mine are all at least 800 miles away<G>!!!
nancee

The response so far is good, it has really strong with judges, we are working on some nice prizes to go along with the cash amounts previously posted so check the website. a detailed statement about the chefs choice will be up in a day or two.. it wont be long now ...

Q Haven
01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I've got an extra wsm you can use...

pigmaker23
01-24-2008, 07:45 AM
hi Nancee, Happy New Years, As of now the lodging is not set with the mountain, they are keeping there options open for a little while longer to see what the sales are, they have said they will be offering some type of discount, in the meantime, try cyber-rentals or an RCI exchange site as there are 150 RCI time shares at Jiminy Peak now... As soon as i Know I will post it, I have a WSM you can Use Also,

Eric,
I sent an email to Jiminy over the weekend inquiring about lodging. I have not heard back from them. Is this something that hasn't been finalized yet?

anyone want to lend me a cooker? mine are all at least 800 miles away<G>!!!
nancee

WannaBeBBQueen
01-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Swamp Pit is unhappy to announce they will not be making this event, sorry guys, make us proud, I know you will!!

Go Brethren Go!!:biggrin:

Sledneck
01-25-2008, 02:29 PM
I will be up that weekend to take the kids snowboarding.I have a place about 25 min from there . If need be i would like to judge.

Q Haven
01-25-2008, 02:42 PM
I sent our application in this week. Who else has signed up for this one?

smokinit
01-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I will be there judging and I will have my Backwoods chubby demo unit if someone needs cooker.

pigmaker23
01-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Sled. I thought you were going to cook with Phil ?? I have South Shore/Brethren down as a team

I will be up that weekend to take the kids snowboarding.I have a place about 25 min from there . If need be i would like to judge.

ique
01-26-2008, 08:30 AM

I'm in. Don't really want to drop the $$ on a ski-season room rate so still figuring out how we'll stay warm. We used one of these at our Patriots tailgate last weekend, worked pretty good but wont be enough if the temp is below freezing...

http://www.masterheaters.com/Desa_images/tt15.jpg

nancee
01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
also, are you going to dixie to pick up your inventory or is Mike shipping it?
thanks
nancee

I will be there judging and I will have my Backwoods chubby demo unit if someone needs cooker.

nancee
01-26-2008, 09:21 AM
I have been carrying the application around for a week. Today may be the day I remember to put a stamp on it!!!
nancee

Transformer BBQ
01-26-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm in. Don't really want to drop the $$ on a ski-season room rate so still figuring out how we'll stay warm. We used one of these at our Patriots tailgate last weekend, worked pretty good but wont be enough if the temp is below freezing...

Chris, we got a room really close (5 miles) for something like $63 for the night... most times I'd pay more than that just for a shower.

www.bookroomsnow.com (http://www.bookroomsnow.com)

nancee
01-26-2008, 07:32 PM
yes, but did you use your KCBS Discount<GGG>???
seriously, which joint?
nancee

Chris, we got a room really close (5 miles) for something like $63 for the night... most times I'd pay more than that just for a shower.

www.bookroomsnow.com (http://www.bookroomsnow.com)

Transformer BBQ
01-26-2008, 08:06 PM
yes, but did you use your KCBS Discount<GGG>???
seriously, which joint?
nancee

haha... yeah, with that it should be free. Actually... I guess its a Red Carpet... (if it has a shower, I'm good... I'll be there for 3 hours in the middle of the night)

http://www.jiminypeak.com/berk/areahotel.html

it was on the event website..

Nancee... you guys going to night ski Saturday?

pigmaker23
02-06-2008, 10:58 AM
PLEASE BE ADVISED , The contest deadline for team applications is February 11th. We need to have all teams committed by this date so that the contest can be finalized. To date we only have 9 paid teams. I have a lot of people who have said they are in but have not sent in a registration form or check.

We need 12-15 teams to make this contest happen, please get your applications in soon.

WannaBeBBQueen
02-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi...not sure if everyone saw the post. Swamp Pit BBQ will NOT be able to make this event, but we know that everybody will make us proud!!

Sorry maybe next year.

Sledneck
02-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi...not sure if everyone saw the post. Swamp Pit BBQ will NOT be able to make this event, but we know that everybody will make us proud!!

Sorry maybe next year.I guess they wouldnt of seen it if they little scrolling thing on the mouse was broken, If that is the case then i too posted that i was offering to judge.

pigmaker23
02-07-2008, 05:24 PM
only 4 days left

[quote=pigmaker23;554590]PLEASE BE ADVISED , The contest deadline for team applications is February 11th. We need to have all teams committed by this date so that the contest can be finalized. To date we only have 9 paid teams. I have a lot of people who have said they are in but have not sent in a registration form or check.

We need 12-15 teams to make this contest happen, please get your applications in soon.Thanks ]

Transformer BBQ
02-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Who's in?

Sledneck
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
With the way the weather has beem going this entire winter by that date you might have to change the name to Sweat your butt off!

Transformer BBQ
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Did you get enough teams?

lunchlady
02-12-2008, 02:17 PM
We sent in our app/fee... I hope they got enough teams before the 11th.....

Transformer BBQ
02-12-2008, 02:21 PM
We sent in our app/fee... I hope they got enough teams before the 11th.....

I guess we all have to pray the Iron chef isn't fish... or maybe your daughter has prior plans.

pigmaker23
02-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Still need a few more teams, teams not heard from include:

IQUE, Lakeside Smokers, BBQ Brethern, Dirty Dick, Dr. Frankenswine, Seabrisket, BasteyBoys, Pokey Smokers, Yaba Daba Que,

I'm doing this as a promoter of something fun to do this winter, without enough teams it will end up costing me money, i'm a nice guy but i'm not that nice.

with this being said, any help in getting a few more sign ups would be great..

Eric:lol:

Did you get enough teams?

Q Haven
02-12-2008, 07:53 PM
How about the list of who HAS signed up?

The Anchorman
02-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Still need a few more teams, teams not heard from include:

IQUE, Lakeside Smokers, BBQ Brethern, Dirty Dick, Dr. Frankenswine, Seabrisket, BasteyBoys, Pokey Smokers, Yaba Daba Que,

I'm doing this as a promoter of something fun to do this winter, without enough teams it will end up costing me money, i'm a nice guy but i'm not that nice.

with this being said, any help in getting a few more sign ups would be great..

Eric:lol:

That's because they are smart and know how to stay warm:eek:

lunchlady
02-13-2008, 07:34 AM
this is what I know...

Lakeside is vacationing somewhere warm right now... and I dislike them very much for that... ;>

Yabba Dabba Que is heading out SOON to vacation somewhere warm too... and I am on the verge of disliking them very much too...

The Bastey's have birthday plans for that weekend.

I'm hoping the rest of the 'slouches' get their $$ in... not that this slouch didn't wait til the last possible minute too though...

Transformer BBQ
02-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Lunchmeat, Q Haven, Turtles?, Transformer... there are 4 of the teams.

(I'm going to FLA on friday, hopefully michelle we can stay friends)

lunchlady
02-13-2008, 07:49 AM
I heard McCabe's coming. Not sure about anyone else though.

You'll be happy to know... your prayers have been answered, slightly, I don't think we are doing the Iron Chef.

Did I hear you say you got a $59 room at the Red carpet? I looked and it was mo' money. I am thinking about using my KCBS member benefit... there's a Comfort Inn in Pittsfield, although it is kinda far away, but that's only if the kids DO end up coming with us. I ain't afraid of no snow...

The Anchorman
02-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Still I can only think of being warm myself.
I am stuck here for my Feb Vacation in the cold. AAAAWWWWWWWWW:icon_sleepy

BBQchef33
02-13-2008, 10:17 AM
the date change knocked us out.. i will JUST be returning from a roadtrip with my son on Friday or Saturday. We're heading southwest to do some fishing at unknown destinations. Playing it by ear and may be late signup. sorry... Cant commit till we know our route and destinations which will be once we cross the verrazano. :razz:

Pigtrip
02-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Is this contest happening?

pigmaker23
02-16-2008, 10:57 AM
yes it is

ique
02-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Eric, PM sent!

Sawdustguy
02-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Der Polocks wird in München, Deutschland am Datum des Streits sein. Wir werden viel Bier trinken und an Sie alle denken.:cool:

Translation:

The Polocks will be in Munich, Germany on the date of the contest. We will be drinking lots of beer and thinking of you all.:biggrin:

pigmaker23
02-17-2008, 01:29 PM
danke

Der Polocks wird in München, Deutschland am Datum des Streits sein. Wir werden viel Bier trinken und an Sie alle denken.:cool:

Translation:

The Polocks will be in Munich, Germany on the date of the contest. We will be drinking lots of beer and thinking of you all.:biggrin:

motoeric
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
If any Long Islanders are going and have space in their vehicle, please let me know.

Eric

Sawdustguy
02-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Wenn wir gingen, würde ich Ihnen eine Fahrt geben, aber leider werden wir in Deutschland sein.

Translation:

If we were going I would give you a ride, but unfortunately we will be in Germany.

nancee
02-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Eric,
Any news for us on the lodging front?
thanks
nancee

pigmaker23
02-23-2008, 12:41 PM
ATTENTION ALL 2008 Freeze Your Butt Off Teams ! Due to an unexpected decision by the Jiminy Peak Ski Area to reschedule the date, the contest has been moved to the MAYNARD ROD & GUN CLUB in Maynard MA.

We were informed on Thursday Night that due to a strong ski season and abundance of snow that the ski area would not be able to provide a location suitable to host the cooking teams and provide the basic services such as power and water and access to the judging area. After talking with a few people and securing the new site, the decision was made to move the contest to the Maynard Rod & Gun Club, the contest will be on blacktop with access to water, power, toilets and the bar will be open both days !

I am sorry for the late notice, however the decision by the host this close to the contest was unexepected and could not be changed.. Please go to the website www.pigmakerproductions.com (http://www.pigmakerproductions.com) for more details and info.

YankeeBBQ
02-27-2008, 03:21 PM
My propane heater arrived today I'm ready go !!

Transformer BBQ
02-27-2008, 03:43 PM
My propane heater arrived today I'm ready go !!

Steve "Blue Rhino" Farrin strikes again.

(Mine came a few weeks ago... what did you decide to go with?)

YankeeBBQ
02-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Steve "Blue Rhino" Farrin strikes again.

(Mine came a few weeks ago... what did you decide to go with?)

A Mr Heater Big Buddy.
http://mrheater.com/ $58 bucks on Amazon

What did you get ?

Transformer BBQ
02-28-2008, 08:17 AM
One of these of ebay, paid $80.

http://cgi.ebay.com/REDDY-PRO-TOUGH-30-55K-PROPANE-FORCED-AIR-HEATER_W0QQitemZ150217545732QQihZ005QQcategoryZ115 964QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

YankeeBBQ
02-28-2008, 08:55 AM
One of these of ebay, paid $80.

http://cgi.ebay.com/REDDY-PRO-TOUGH-30-55K-PROPANE-FORCED-AIR-HEATER_W0QQitemZ150217545732QQihZ005QQcategoryZ115 964QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You could heat the town of Maynard with that thing !

The Anchorman
02-28-2008, 12:47 PM
This is what I picked up at Wally World the other day for $25.

http://www.mrheater.com/productdetails_extended.asp?catid=42&id=21

lunchlady
02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Now, let us remember the sauna that was our site... that heater was 250,000 BTU's.

We won't be bringing that this time. It gave off a tad too much fumes by trying to keep it at the lowest setting...

BUT, what we will be bringing is our SNOWBLOWER!!

see ya then!

Transformer BBQ
02-28-2008, 01:54 PM
hope you didn't have food in that tent... sounds like you were using propane as a cooking source.

:wink:

ique
02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm bringing an electric blanket and a large bottle of whiskey.

Lakeside Smoker
02-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Anyone need to borrow a propane heater? I will be coming up Saturday late afternoon and don't mind bringing it with me.

Potluck Saturday?

Mike

ique
02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Team list anyone?

The Anchorman
02-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Team list anyone?

The Anchormen
Ray and Bob, with one BBQ Slave Rich( A student of mine).:wink:

Q Haven
02-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Here is a partial list that I have been able to come up with. The actual complete list is a secret.

Q Haven
Transformer BBQ
I Smell Smoke!!!
The Anchormen
Purple Turtle
Lunchmeat
iQue
Qwannabees
Green Mountain Smokeshack

And a few others I believe....

The Anchorman
02-28-2008, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=tedlor70;574700]Here is a partial list that I have been able to come up with. The actual complete list is a secret.

Q Haven
Transformer BBQ
I Smell Smoke!!!
The Anchormen
Purple Turtle
Lunchmeat
iQue
Qwannabees

I hope that is not the final standings for this Freeze Off!

nancee
02-28-2008, 06:35 PM
that would be great Mike
nancee

Anyone need to borrow a propane heater? I will be coming up Saturday late afternoon and don't mind bringing it with me.

Potluck Saturday?

Mike

Lakeside Smoker
02-29-2008, 05:40 AM
that would be great Mike
nancee

Cool I'll bring it. You just need a bottle of propane to run it.

Sledneck
02-29-2008, 07:26 AM
[quote=tedlor70;574700]Here is a partial list that I have been able to come up with. The actual complete list is a secret.

Q Haven
Transformer BBQ
I Smell Smoke!!!
The Anchormen
Purple Turtle
Lunchmeat
iQue
Qwannabees

I hope that is not the final standings for this Freeze Off!I doubt it casue Anchormen would be in 2nd!:tongue:

lunchlady
02-29-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm just hoping SOMEONE plows the parking lot BEFORE we all start showing up...

I second that BIG bottle of whiskey.

pigmaker23
02-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Ted, I dont seem to have you on my list ? LOL

Here is a partial list that I have been able to come up with. The actual complete list is a secret.

Q Haven
Transformer BBQ
I Smell Smoke!!!
The Anchormen
Purple Turtle
Lunchmeat
iQue
Qwannabees

And a few others I believe....

pigmaker23
02-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Anchormen
Q-Haven
Purple Turtle
I Smell Smoke
I Que
Q Ball
Sexy Ginos BBQ
Chicos BBQ
Casual Smokers
Transformer BBQ
Qwannbees
Green Mt. Swine
Lunch Meat
Smoking Walleys BBQ
Da Bone lickers BBQ

Transformer BBQ
02-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Wow... going to try to not finish last.

Lakeside Smoker
03-01-2008, 07:24 AM
We got around 2-4 inches of snow last night and it's still coming down. Looks like it might be ending around 12:00. The roads are looking pretty good but drive safe guys! I hear the cooks meeting is around 7:00 pm so you guys have plenty of time to get here safely!!! Don't rush it!
If anyone needs something PM me. I'll be here till about 4:00, then we're heading to Maynard. Can't wait to paaaahdy!!!!

Mike

ique
03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm really cooking a contest today :shock:

BBQchef33
03-01-2008, 12:35 PM
hope ya fixed your ez-up. :)

The Giggler
03-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Anyone thaw out their fingers enough to post some results?

Jeremiah
03-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Man, hats off to you guys who made it in this weather. That's some serious dedication.

Sawdustguy
03-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Greetings from Munich. I am proud of you guys braving the elements.:cool:

Sledneck
03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Westexbbq
03-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Talk about a dedicated effort!
Kudos and accolades!

WannaBeBBQueen
03-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Talk about a dedicated effort!
Kudos and accolades!

Now there's an understatement...lol, you guys rock! Have as blast wish we could be there:biggrin:

Lakeside Smoker
03-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Anyone thaw out their fingers enough to post some results?

The turn ins are today. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

We had a blast last night! Kris and I went down to visit and hang out for the night. Everyone made something for a great potluck dinner. It was in the low 20's but everyone stayed warm with a few fire pits and plenty of good whiskey!
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n40/lakesidesmoker/Picture019.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n40/lakesidesmoker/Picture023-1.jpg

smokinit
03-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Looks like a party and keep that whiskey flowin.Good Luck to all!!

watg?
03-02-2008, 11:09 AM
The turn ins are today. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

We had a blast last night! Kris and I went down to visit and hang out for the night. Everyone made something for a great potluck dinner. It was in the low 20's but everyone stayed warm with a few fire pits and plenty of good whiskey!
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n40/lakesidesmoker/Picture019.jpg

Nice jacket!

Lakeside Smoker
03-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Overall:

GC I Que
RGC Transformer BBQ

3 I Smell Smoke
4 Lunchmeat
5 Q Haven
6 Purple Turtle
7 Anchormen
8 Casual Smokers
9 Que Ball
10 Qwannabees
11 Green mountain swine
12 Smokin' Wallys BBQ
13 Chico's BBQ

Dan - 3eyzbbq
03-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Congrats to all that got calls!

Transformer BBQ - very nice finish in a tough field

Sledneck
03-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Congrats to all

(results from pigtrip.net)

Chicken
1. Purple Turtle
2. I Smell Smoke!
3. Transformer BBQ
4. QHaven
5. IQue

Pork Ribs
1. IQue
2. Transformer BBQ
3. Lunchmeat
4. I Smell Smoke!
5. QBall

Pork
1. Transformer BBQ
2. IQue
3. I Smell Smoke!
4. QHaven
5. The Anchormen

Brisket
1. IQue
2. Lunchmeat
3. I Smell Smoke!
4. Transformer BBQ
5. QHaven

Iron Chef (pasta)
1. I Smell Smoke!
2. IQue
3. Qwannabees
4. QHaven
5. Chico's BBQ

WannaBeBBQueen
03-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Congrats to all! And a special WTG for transformer, not quite last place...lol, congrats!!:biggrin:

MilitantSquatter
03-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Congrats to all.

It takes special people to pack up their trailers and pull ouf of their driveways in cold weather and snow to cook BBQ any further than the comfort of their own backyard.

tonto1117
03-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Congratulations to all.:!: Hope you all got home safe and have warmed up!! :wink:

Pig Headed
03-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Congrats Chris, Transformer and all Brethren.

Lakeside Smoker
03-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Congrats all!
I have a few pics up on my web site of Saturday night, check em out.

WannaBeBBQueen
03-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Nice Pics Mike, thanks for sharing

CTSmokehouse
03-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Congrats all!
I have a few pics up on my web site of Saturday night, check em out.

Nice Pics...Looks like a good time was had by all!!

Congrats to all the brave souls who Q'ed!! BRRRR......!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Q Haven
03-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Was a lot of fun, although this contest really kicked my butt physically. But Eric Johnson deserves a lot of credit for pulling off a really nice contest for us. Thanks for your efforts!

Congrats to Chris of iQue, Brendan of Transformer, YankeeBBQ, and all the brethren who braved the cold and walked the walk!

ique
03-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks guys. The weather really wasnt that bad, especially with the club open and the heat cranked all night. Man, was there some snoring going on though... 30 overweight, 1/2 drunk bbq guys sleeping in the same room :eek:

Congrats to Brendan on the great showing and thanks to Eric for pulling this one together.

ique
03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Congrats to all.

It takes special people to pack up their trailers and pull ouf of their driveways in cold weather and snow to cook BBQ any further than the comfort of their own backyard.

Do you mean like 'rides the short bus' special? :wink:

Transformer BBQ
03-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks for congratulations, great work Chris.

Congratulations to all those who came to Maynard over the weekend, and to Eric for making the quick switch after having the original venue pulled out from under the contest. Oh, and thanks to ebay, and my new favorite bbq toy-- the forced air construction heater.

Westexbbq
03-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Nice going everyone!
What an event!
Congratulations all around.

Sledneck
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Who came in 13th in chicken?

YankeeBBQ
03-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Who came in 13th in chicken?

Chico's BBQ (there were 13 teams)

The Anchorman
03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Man, was there some snoring going on though... 30 overweight, 1/2 drunk bbq guys sleeping in the same room :eek:

Hey I resemble that remark!:lol:

Transformer BBQ
03-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Chicken
1. BWS
2. BWS
3. Lang
4. BWS
5. BWS

Pork Ribs
1. BWS
2. Lang
3. BWS
4. BWS
5. Egg

Pork
1. Lang
2. BWS
3. BWS
4. BWS
5. BWS

Brisket
1. BWS
2. BWS
3. BWS
4. Lang
5. BWS

YankeeBBQ
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Chicken
1. BWS
2. BWS
3. Lang
4. BWS
5. BWS

Pork Ribs
1. BWS
2. Lang
3. BWS
4. BWS
5. Egg

Pork
1. Lang
2. BWS
3. BWS
4. BWS
5. BWS

Brisket
1. BWS
2. BWS
3. BWS
4. Lang
5. BWS

You have bad Intel...
Chicken

BWS
Cookshack
Lang
Ask Ted this might actually be Weber not BWS
BWS

Transformer BBQ
03-03-2008, 02:18 PM
You have bad Intel...
Chicken

BWS
Cookshack
Lang
BWS

Camera's went down for a little while... I was guessing.

(I think Teds is a Kingsford actually... )

toys4dlr
03-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Man I give you guys credit.

We had a comp out here in AZ this pass weekend. I had to get the Sweats and pull over on, as it dropped down to 63 when the sun went down. BRRRRR :lol:

It looks like there was a big advantage that went to the insulated smokers.

lunchlady
03-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Wait a sec, our 2nd place brisket , credit goes to the WSM for that one!

special... haha.. I thought the same thing about the bus!!

I didn't hear any snoring when I finally went down at 4... plus, it didn't wake the kids up so it couldn't have been that bad...

The Anchorman
03-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Lunchlady, was that your radio that went off in the morning?
And you did not hear anysnoring cause it was you doing the snoring. You and Nancee, it certainly didn't come from The Anchormen's area.

Transformer BBQ
03-04-2008, 08:11 AM
ok, ok... well... all those teams had a BWS with them at the contest. does that work?

I didn't realize how cold I was until my feet started to defrost last night.

Scottie
03-04-2008, 11:54 AM
You have bad Intel...
Chicken

BWS
Cookshack
Lang
BWS

You're killing me...

Q Haven
03-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Camera's went down for a little while... I was guessing.

(I think Teds is a Kingsford actually... )

Correct...was a Weber until recently (and kind of looks like a Weber).

Smokin Gator
03-04-2008, 01:32 PM
I tell you what... How folks up north are some tough bastages!!! Congrats to all.

pigmaker23
03-04-2008, 02:34 PM
A BIG Thanks

To all of the teams and judges who particpated in the 1st annual Freeze Your Butt Off contest. In retrospect, moving the contest actually made for a better time and for 99% of the people, a closer location ! Also thank you to the Maynard Rod & Gun who were the best hosts anyone could ask for. Watch for the video to be released nationwide soon !

SmokeInDaEye
03-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Congrats to Chris, Brendan and everyone else who braved some brutal cold for some lively competition.