PDA

View Full Version : KCBS Banquet: Roll Call

smknwhlswife
01-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Just wanted to see who has finalized their plans. We will be there sometime Friday evening and staying thru Sunday morning.

We live by KCI, so if anyone needs a ride from the airport Friday, let me know and I will see if I can help.

Diva
01-03-2008, 02:00 PM
a GIVER!

See you there.....

smknwhlswife
01-03-2008, 02:03 PM
You know I try! :wink:

SP
01-03-2008, 03:26 PM
I will probably visit on friday night and say hi to all since I missed the Bash.

scottyd
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
We will be there sometime friday afternoon.

Jeff_in_KC
01-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Wouldn't miss it! We'll be living at the Sheraton from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning!

Plowboy
01-03-2008, 07:58 PM
We'll be there but NOT sitting with the Groneman's. DAMNIT, Andy!!!!

Our table will be Jeff, Tammy, Randy, Sandy, Roo (Tom), Scott, Audrey, and myself. We have one extra seat that has been paid for. Anyone wanting to join?

Jeff_in_KC
01-03-2008, 08:02 PM
We'll be there but NOT sitting with the Groneman's. DAMNIT, Andy!!!!

Moving up in the world, eh, Todd? :twisted: Yeah... damn it, Andy! :twisted:

Plowboy
01-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Moving up in the world, eh, Todd? :twisted: Yeah... damn it, Andy! :twisted:

Not really... still sitting with you aren't I? :twisted:

Jeff_in_KC
01-03-2008, 08:11 PM

You can be replaced, farker! LOL! :twisted: I guess I actually set myself up for that one! :lol:

HoDeDo
01-03-2008, 10:12 PM
You can be replaced, farker! LOL! :twisted: I guess I actually set myself up for that one! :lol:

You two are irreplaceable. And you are both welcome to sit with me.:icon_clown

You guys should have put your wives in charge. Kim and Jeanie already had plans before we ever had a shot about talkin tables... :mrgreen:

You know me... I will cook with anybody, and I will sit anywhere, too. I just a hoe, ya'll know it... so deal with it :twisted:

HoDeDo
01-03-2008, 10:13 PM

So what you are saying is.... that I'M the only one that has moved up in the world. niiiiiice! Thanks guys! :cool:

Merl
01-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Carol and Merl will be at the banquet and the the CBJ instructor meeting, the CBJ meeting, the organizer meeting, and oh yes. the KCBS board meeting.

Hope to have the opportunity to visit with each of you.
Yours in Que
Carol and Merl Whitebook

Plowboy
01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
So what you are saying is.... that I'M the only one that has moved up in the world. niiiiiice! Thanks guys! :cool:

Zing!!! Good one.

You two are irreplaceable. And you are both welcome to sit with me.:icon_clown

You guys should have put your wives in charge. Kim and Jeanie already had plans before we ever had a shot about talkin tables... :mrgreen:

You know me... I will cook with anybody, and I will sit anywhere, too. I just a hoe, ya'll know it... so deal with it :twisted:

You sure put the Ho in HoDeDo.

We keep our wives in check. (I hope they don't read this. :icon_blush:)

Diva
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
they don't need to read it.....

I'll tell them about it at the banquet! LOL!

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2008, 11:07 AM

Yikes!!!!!! You'll note how silent I have remained on this issue! :wink:

Diva
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
AND, in case you've forgotten (I haven't), Tammy really wouldn't have a leg to stand on......remember Saturday morning at last year's banquet? LMAO!

Plowboy
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM

I'm sorry... who are you again?

smknwhlswife
01-04-2008, 02:35 PM
We keep our wives in check. (I hope they don't read this. :icon_blush:)

Soooooo, you're saying the I'm not "in check"......well......we'll see how "out of check" I am at the banquet!..........:twisted::lol::lol::lol::lol:

smknwhlswife
01-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Yikes!!!!!! You'll note how silent I have remained on this issue! :wink:

Smart man.....:wink:

Jorge
01-04-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd suggest that two of you guys see if you can plug your trucks in for a fast escape.

Bride of Roo(BQ'n)
01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Soooooo, you're saying the I'm not "in check"......well......we'll see how "out of check" I am at the banquet!..........:twisted::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You go girlfriend....

Plowboy
01-04-2008, 05:00 PM

I've seen it before. I think it was called Hermann, MO. :eek:

HoDeDo
01-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I've seen it before. I think it was called Hermann, MO. :eek:

Niiiiice call!!

At least she was a happy drunk...:cool: And takes her advil and alot of water before passing out to keep from being a whiner in the morning.

Some people drink way to much cabo, then gimp around and start thier chicken late... with a side splitting headache in the morning. Oh wait, he's not a wife....:twisted:

SloppyQ
01-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Niiiiice call!!

At least she was a happy drunk...:cool: And takes her advil and alot of water before passing out to keep from being a whiner in the morning.

Some people drink way to much cabo, then gimp around and start thier chicken late... with a side splitting headache in the morning. Oh wait, he's not a wife....:twisted:

Sorry I won't make this banquet, I'll be in Minnesota ice fishing that weekend.
And leave me out of the Cabo and late chicken chit, he did it to himself.:rolleyes:
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

HoDeDo
01-04-2008, 10:38 PM
[/b]

Sorry I won't make this banquet, I'll be in Minnesota ice fishing that weekend.
And leave me out of the Cabo and late chicken chit, he did it to himself.:rolleyes:
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Lee - I would never do that. You two both have your own bouts with the Cabo. :twisted: Whoo hoo! and what fun they are.:grin:

The_Kapn
01-04-2008, 10:42 PM
This thread is really shaping up into a "Bash" or "Woodpile" one :lol:

Y'all have a great time and let us know how it went.

TIM

HoDeDo
01-04-2008, 10:55 PM
This thread is really shaping up into a "Bash" or "Woodpile" one :lol:

Y'all have a great time and let us know how it went.

TIM

My apologies, your statement made me notice it was in Comp.

It should be a bash thread. It is a 3 day bash for sure. Lots of mini bashes going on with alot of folks in here too.

Thanks for the nudge!! Back on topic for me :twisted:

Merl
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Don't forget, FRIDAY is the last day to make reservations for the Banquet. But don't fret, should you forget, some "carpe" is likely to hanging outside the door scalping tickets.
Merl

BBQchef33
01-07-2008, 01:46 PM
i have plane, hotel, and car..

no ticky yet till I'm sure I can get off work.

scottyd
01-07-2008, 03:47 PM
You guys need to quit bickering, good grief. You don't even want to know who I am sitting with!!

Scottie
01-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm sure if you bought us rounds at the A-Team table, we will let you sit with us... ;-)

See you there Scotty.

lunchlady
01-08-2008, 08:38 AM
ok... we're in... we've got tix and hotel... and while I was procrastinating and waiting til the last minute, Southwest air just dropped like a rock!

Can't wait ! 10 days ...

Jeff_in_KC
01-08-2008, 06:07 PM
ok... we're in... we've got tix and hotel... and while I was procrastinating and waiting til the last minute, Southwest air just dropped like a rock!

Can't wait ! 10 days ...

Cool news Michelle! Look forward to seeing you all again!

tonto1117
01-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Have to say, as this draws closer I am in Jealous mod not being able to make it. Hope you all have a great time. Also, for those of us not being able to attend,maybe we can live vicariously through you who do. With those of you who have the technology ( and not in your to far in your cups :shock:..:mrgreen:), throw us some 'bones' if you can.

Again, hope ya'll have a wonderful and safe time.:wink:

PigBoy
01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
If anyone is coming across on I-70 from the east of KC, I'm going to be vending in my trailer at the Phillips 66 station in Concordia, MO on the south side of the lot. I'll be there Thursday, Friday(11-6) and Saturday (11-2). Then I'm off to the banquet! Please stop by if you can!

HoDeDo
01-14-2008, 08:43 PM
If anyone is coming across on I-70 from the east of KC, I'm going to be vending in my trailer at the Phillips 66 station in Concordia, MO on the south side of the lot. I'll be there Thursday, Friday(11-6) and Saturday (11-2). Then I'm off to the banquet! Please stop by if you can!

TRANSLATION:
"Hey, if everyone would sell me out of food on Friday -- I could start my banquet party at the White Trash Pizza Bash on Friday night!!!!!!

ThomEmery
01-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Wish I could make it
To keep Arlie and Gene out of trouble

Being a one man operation has a down side

scottyd
01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
I have got to meet Arlie and that is that. See ya in KC

Podge
01-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I'll be there.. looking forward to meeting some new people, and seeing old freinds.

Scottie
01-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I'll be there with Podge.

Ulcer Acres
01-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Ulcer Acres will be there and we are even bringing the whole team with us including Ed and Rick. We will be coming across 70 and we will try to stop in at Concordia and see how things are going.

PigBoy
01-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Be glad to see you Randy!

Plowboy
01-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Be glad to see you Randy!

Talking to yourself again? :cool: Take your medication.

HoDeDo
01-16-2008, 09:37 AM
I have got to meet Arlie and that is that. See ya in KC

Was great to meet Arlie last year, and then to cook one of his contests.

Talking to yourself again? :cool: Take your medication.

Please allow myself, to introduce...... myself. <Austin Powers Mod>

HoDeDo
01-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Who's going to be at the Rules and Regs meeting??

lunchlady
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
nope, we don't land until after 2. But I'm thinkin' it should be a good one.

Can't wait to see the KC (and beyond) Brethren again!

QN
01-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Who's going to be at the Rules and Regs meeting??

I'll be there. Flight gets in about 10:30am. Thinking about stopping by Smokin' Guns for lunch on the way to the hotel.

Plowboy
01-16-2008, 11:24 PM
I'll be there. Flight gets in about 10:30am. Thinking about stopping by Smokin' Guns for lunch on the way to the hotel.

An excellent choice.

Anyone coming from the airport should stop into Backyard Bash in Parkville, MO. www.backyardbashkc.com

BBQchef33
01-16-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm in... land at 11:20am friday.

SmokeInDaEye
01-17-2008, 01:04 AM
TRANSLATION:
"Hey, if everyone would sell me out of food on Friday -- I could start my banquet party at the White Trash Pizza Bash on Friday night!!!!!!

LMAO!!!! Why do I have to start a new job on monday instead of heading down there?

smknwhlswife
01-17-2008, 08:08 AM
We should be there before 2:00.

QN
01-17-2008, 09:19 AM
An excellent choice.

Anyone coming from the airport should stop into Backyard Bash in Parkville, MO. www.backyardbashkc.com (http://www.backyardbashkc.com)

Good suggestion. I'll swing by there before Smokin Guns.

lunchlady
01-17-2008, 11:06 AM
If you had to choose one... Smokin' Guns or Arthur Bryants?

...or is there another place I should try to get to over the weekend....

Please - help a yank out my brothers! I can't wait to eat!

smknwhlswife
01-17-2008, 11:46 AM
If you had to choose one... Smokin' Guns or Arthur Bryants?

...or is there another place I should try to get to over the weekend....

Please - help a yank out my brothers! I can't wait to eat!

Smokin' Guns and Oklahoma Joe's

stlgreg
01-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Add me to the list of people attending.
I will be driving up Saturday morning.

QN
01-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Stopped by Backyard Bash this morning and left with $20 of rub. Had some great burnt ends for lunch at Smokin Guns. Maybe I can catch a nap before the Rules Meeting...

Plowboy
01-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Went to the White Trash Pizza Bash tonight (one of the local parties). Saw lots of BBQers including Poobah, HoDeDo, Jeff_in_KC, Mokanmeathead, We'll Smoke U, RooBQ'in, Yankee, smknwhlswife, DrBBQ and Diva.

Gonna be fun tomorrow night seeing so many friends in one room. Wish you all could be here.

Jaberwabee
01-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Wish I could have driven up for the weekend. I HATE MY JOB.

The Slabs Of Approval
01-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Well two of the three slabs of approval wil be there. Me and Austin.

HoDeDo
01-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Well two of the three slabs of approval wil be there. Me and Austin.

Missed to many posts this weekend.... get over to Cattle Call Brent.

scottyd
01-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey Andy we had a pretty good time at the banquet. it was well worth the trip. We got to see lots of our Q friends again. That is always a plus.

stlgreg
01-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey Andy we had a pretty good time at the banquet. it was well worth the trip. We got to see lots of our Q friends again. That is always a plus.

hey Scotty,
I am sorry i did not get to meet you. Sounded like you did well in the drawings!

Plowboy
01-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Didn't Learn2Q.com get the award for highest score at a comp last night? I thought I heard that it was 678. I know there were higher scores than that. Heck, we had a 680 at Kearney.

I did a little research...

According the Pickled Pigs' Web site, Learn2Q.com was the GC at one contest: Albertsville, AL. GC score was 678.8574.

Pellet Envy had the highest recorded score of 2007, according to the Pickled Pig DB, of 689.1432 at the Roots and Blues contest in Columbia, MO.

Bubba and Jeff scored a 689.1428 at the American Royal Open which looks to be second.

Did I miss something or did KCBS get this one wrong last night?

stlgreg
01-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Didn't Learn2Q.com get the award for highest score at a comp last night? I thought I heard that it was 678. I know there were higher scores than that. Heck, we had a 680 at Kearney.

I did a little research...

According the Pickled Pigs' Web site, Learn2Q.com was the GC at one contest: Albertsville, AL. GC score was 678.8574.

Pellet Envy had the highest recorded score of 2007, according to the Pickled Pig DB, of 689.1432 at the Roots and Blues contest in Columbia, MO.

Bubba and Jeff scored a 689.1428 at the American Royal Open which looks to be second.

Did I miss something or did KCBS get this one wrong last night?
thats who got it and thats the score they awarded.
reason behind it - dont know

scottyd
01-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Yes the drawings were good to us, but we did invest the cost of 2 contests in tickets. so we did ok. They say you can't win if you don't enter lots. :wink:

hey Scotty,
I am sorry i did not get to meet you. Sounded like you did well in the drawings!

stlgreg
01-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes the drawings were good to us, but we did invest the cost of 2 contests in tickets. so we did ok. They say you can't win if you don't enter lots. :wink:

Wow, I learned that lesson. I only put in thirty.
all i was hoping for was one winner.

we'll smoke u
01-20-2008, 08:05 PM

Dido here.

Mitchelina
01-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Plowboys and the Brethren - Timmy and I scored a gift basket each and a nice haul -- lots of goodies to play with, so thanks very much!

It was a nice time but here's what I want to know - how many damn tickets did Chris Trigg buy for the contest entries? Geez - we'd have loved ONE - if I counted right he got six.

Ah well, no matter.

Andy, we're thinking about Kookers Kare, we just have a funky schedule this year and need to make sure neither of us is out of town, since we're a 2 person team.

HoDeDo
01-21-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry I wasn't around to hang out more! But I'm glad you guys made it down - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Dido here.

Glad to see you made it back to Omaha. Between Tom going 55 and your Tom-Tom -- I thought you might be sending us pics from Corpus Christi!!!
Come down to the Polar Swine - and bring Tom with you!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to Plowboys and the Brethren - Timmy and I scored a gift basket each and a nice haul -- lots of goodies to play with, so thanks very much!

It was a nice time but here's what I want to know - how many damn tickets did Chris Trigg buy for the contest entries? Geez - we'd have loved ONE - if I counted right he got six.

Between Johnny and his wife I believe they spend around $400-500 on entry tickets.

Ah well, no matter.

Andy, we're thinking about Kookers Kare, we just have a funky schedule this year and need to make sure neither of us is out of town, since we're a 2 person team.

Once you figure it out, feel free to submit the webform. We'd love the help! We have a dinner for the cooks, and alot of fun with breakfast too.

lunchlady
01-21-2008, 12:11 PM
All I can say is WOW... what a great time!

I am so glad I got to hang with my Brethren - Jeff, MoKan, the other Jeff and Mary, HoDeDo, Roo, Poohbah, Diva ... too many to list. You guys are the reason BBQers are the best!
Awesome to finally meet the women behind the KC Brethren too. Thanks Kim for the Smokin' Guns advice... really great baby backs and meeting Phil and Linda was even better!

It must have been fun since I didn't get to bed until 5:30 A.M. Sunday morning. I haven't sprayed beer out my nose in such a LONG time!!!

Thanks to all you KC folks who made us feel so welcome, we truly enjoyed it! I meant what I said about flying out to each other's home turf and cooking together... I know it would be a blast and everyone would benefit and have fun.

This is what BBQ is all about, not the marketing or the money, it's the people!

See you all on the trail...

MoKanMeathead
01-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Michelle, it was great to see you again. It was a loooong night Saturday (& early Sunday) but I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Glad you guys made it back OK.

`

Plowboy
01-21-2008, 12:58 PM
My only disappointment was that "Damn it, Andy" wasn't used near enough throughout the evening.

When around Scott Burke, I have goatee envy.

HoDeDo
01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
All I can say is WOW... what a great time!

I am so glad I got to hang with my Brethren - Jeff, MoKan, the other Jeff and Mary, HoDeDo, Roo, Poohbah, Diva ... too many to list. You guys are the reason BBQers are the best!
Awesome to finally meet the women behind the KC Brethren too. Thanks Kim for the Smokin' Guns advice... really great baby backs and meeting Phil and Linda was even better!

Thanks to all you KC folks who made us feel so welcome, we truly enjoyed it! I meant what I said about flying out to each other's home turf and cooking together... I know it would be a blast and everyone would benefit and have fun.

Phil and Linda are alot of fun. I'm glad you got to meet them. We tried not to steer ya wrong.8)8) I guess we'll be talking about Harpoon:twisted:

My only disappointment was that "Damn it, Andy" wasn't used near enough throughout the evening.

I think Damnit Andy was used more than enough...:cool:

we'll smoke u
01-21-2008, 03:19 PM

I don't know if this will help but here it goes.

DAMIT ANDY

Hey Todd let that thing grow brother. LOL

Plowboy
01-21-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't know if this will help but here it goes.

DAMIT ANDY

Hey Todd let that thing grow brother. LOL

Do you use goatee enhancement products to make you feel more confident.

BTW, Ron says the trailer will be down by end of Feb!! Get over there an take some pictures!!! :mrgreen:

HoDeDo
01-21-2008, 04:59 PM

BTW, Ron says the trailer will be down by end of Feb!! Get over there an take some pictures!!! :mrgreen:

Man~ not even a please :twisted:

Scott - BTW - Thanks for the earlier vote of confidence. Farker!!!

we'll smoke u
01-21-2008, 05:03 PM

No but I have been thinking about some [wash that gray right out of my hair]

we'll smoke u
01-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey Todd I forgot my camara this morning will get over there tommorrow for shure.

As my son would put it MY BAD

stlgreg
01-21-2008, 06:06 PM
thats who got it and thats the score they awarded.
reason behind it - dont know

Looks like they pod a retractioin.
Rod now wins the award!
http://kcbs.us/news.php?id=38

Merl
01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
How could this of happened. Rod was in charge of TOY and Troy the banquet. Humm I think spankings are in order!!!!

scottyd
01-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I think a caning is in order. but not for the ones your thinking of. hmmmm

Plowboy
01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Man~ not even a please :twisted:

Burke's under contract to take pictures of my trailer as it is being built... he got a Plowboys shirt this weekend.

Indentured servitude

Looks like they pod a retractioin.
Rod now wins the award!
http://kcbs.us/news.php?id=38

Called it!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

stlgreg
01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
How could this of happened. Rod was in charge of TOY and Troy the banquet. Humm I think spankings are in order!!!!
Merl
I will let you administer the beatings