PDA

View Full Version : GLBBQA BBQ Class

Spydermike72
12-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Bone Daddy's BBQ in Saginaw,MI will be hosting our first organized association event on Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 1pm. The idea is for an interactive class to help all levels of BBQ'ers from backyard to competition.

Billy has been gracious enough to arrange for information to be presented on topics such as Meat Purchase & Prep, Rubs,Sauces, & Marinades, Wood Selection, Presentation, Catering tips, and fielding questions from attendees.

Cost is $35.00 for GLBBQA members, $50.00 for non-members (will include a GLBBQA membership) which is payable at the door. Lunch is included.
RSVP's are needed ahead of time and can be made via e-mail to sfischer@glbbqa.com, (sfischer@glbbqa.com,) or mterry@glbbqa.com, (mterry@glbbqa.com,) or bbissonnette@glbbqa.com

Hope to see many of you there.
Thanks

Bbq Bubba
12-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Checking date, sound's like a good time!!:mrgreen:

Spydermike72
12-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Hope to see you there Bubba!!

chinesebob
12-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Where is Saginaw?

chinesebob
12-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Hijack mod on: You know the old joke - why are there so many rednecks in Columbus? Because this was as the bus would take them on 10.00 from WV.
Now we can say the same thing about the state up North. Congrats on getting a new guy.
Hijack mod off:

Spydermike72
12-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Hey Bob,

Saginaw is about 100 miles north of Detroit, in Michigan :mrgreen:

Where is Saginaw?

Spydermike72
12-20-2007, 04:34 AM
So we should expect to see more rednecks in Michigan ??

Thanks, I think I will hold off on judgement until late November of 08, say the last game of the regular season....

Hijack mod on: You know the old joke - why are there so many rednecks in Columbus? Because this was as the bus would take them on 10.00 from WV.
Now we can say the same thing about the state up North. Congrats on getting a new guy.
Hijack mod off:

Spydermike72
01-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Please note the location change to the Midland MI, location.

Bone Daddy's BBQ in Midland,MI will be hosting our first organized association event on Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 1pm. The idea is for an interactive class to help all levels of BBQ'ers from backyard to competition.

Billy has been gracious enough to arrange for information to be presented on topics such as Meat Purchase & Prep, Rubs,Sauces, & Marinades, Wood Selection, Presentation, Catering tips, and fielding questions from attendees.

Cost is $35.00 for GLBBQA members, $50.00 for non-members (will include a GLBBQA membership) which is payable at the door. Lunch is included.
RSVP's are needed ahead of time and can be made via e-mail to sfischer@glbbqa.com, or mterry@glbbqa.com, or bbissonnette@glbbqa.com

Hope to see many of you there.
Thanks

smoke-n-my-i's
01-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Where is Saginaw?

Not in the Mid-Atlantic region..... :eek:

I just had to do it......:twisted:

Bbq Bubba
01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Bumping this up, i believe there are still some spot's open....:cool:

chinesebob
01-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Ok, so why is it called Midland Michigan? It's almost in another country. That's like a different country.

Smoke - laugh all you want. I think we should just refer by football conference. Very clear and no ever gets them mixed unles you include thinking Oklahoma isn't in the Intermountain college region.

Spydermike72
01-04-2008, 06:11 AM
Midland is the middle of the state of Michigan... Or Big Ten Country for you folks in Ohio :mrgreen:

Ok, so why is it called Midland Michigan? It's almost in another country. That's like a different country.

Smoke - laugh all you want. I think we should just refer by football conference. Very clear and no ever gets them mixed unles you include thinking Oklahoma isn't in the Intermountain college region.

tonto1117
01-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Mike, if you can but us down as a definite maybe:shock:....Have to see if Bud can switch a bussines trip around. Julie A also said that if we go she will take the ride up with us. Should know by next week wether it's a go or not. Will let you know ASAP.

Spydermike72
01-04-2008, 06:32 AM
I got you down Tonto, I hope to see you again there!!

ThomEmery
01-04-2008, 07:52 AM
$50 What a deal

Bbq Bubba
01-04-2008, 08:31 AM
$50 What a deal

Ya, plus you get food!!!:wink:

bbqbull
01-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Mike, I wished I could attend but got prior commitments!

Bbq Bubba
01-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Bumping this up, there's a few seat's left.....

tonto1117
01-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Mike, just to let you know, Walt and myself will be attending...barring a serious snot storm:wink:

Spydermike72
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Snot Storm ??? I hope that doesent happen... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Mike, just to let you know, Walt and myself will be attending...barring a serious snot storm:wink:

bbqbull
01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Weather tonite isnt promising. Calling for a possible major winter snow storm this weekend.

Keep your heads down tonite here in Michigan. Holy Chit!

Bud's BBQ
01-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Bull, doesn't sound like great weather. Are you talking about Saturday?

bbqbull
01-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Yes, there calling for possible snow storm on Saturday.

Spydermike72
01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Weather Forecast for Saturday from Weather.com: http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/ski/wxdetail/48433?dayNum=4

Looks ok, just ok...

bbqbull
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks Mike for the update. Sure wished I could attend but will be cooking for 2 days for our Eagle Park Chicken Dinner. Its a monthly event in the winter time here.

sfisch
01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
I would much rather travel to the bbq event in a snow storm than a snot storm. Not sure I have snot rated windshield wipers.

See you guys on Saturday
Scott

Spydermike72
01-08-2008, 12:42 PM
No Worries Bull, we will be thinking about you!! Enjoy the chicken dinners!!

Thanks Mike for the update. Sure wished I could attend but will be cooking for 2 days for our Eagle Park Chicken Dinner. Its a monthly event in the winter time here.

tonto1117
01-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Mike, can you break down the itineary for the afternoon. My whole team will be there and want to discuss our comp schedule for the year. Trying to figure out if we will have time, as some have to head home as soon as the class is over.

Thanks.

Bbq Bubba
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Mike, can you break down the itineary for the afternoon. My whole team will be there and want to discuss our comp schedule for the year. Trying to figure out if we will have time, as some have to head home as soon as the class is over.

Thanks.

ummmm, no, i was hoping there was beer after!!:wink:

tonto1117
01-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Mike, thanks for ya'll at GLBBQA for putting this together!!!!.....We had a great time!!!!! Have to say I was a bit dissapointed about how shy Billy was about coming out of his shell and letting us know a little bit about himself..:shock::shock::shock:..:lol:

But, 'seriously folks', there were a couple of real gems: the lumber mill log centers (cants) sound like an excellent way to get good quality, dry fire wood......no foil and no Billy Bones sauce :wink:

Spydermike72
01-30-2008, 05:55 AM
Yeah, Billy doesnt like to talk about himself too much :-D

I am sorry for the late response, I got a promotion at work and now I have less time to hang out here :twisted:

I need to drop you a line, I will try to later today.

Mike, thanks for ya'll at GLBBQA for putting this together!!!!.....We had a great time!!!!! Have to say I was a bit dissapointed about how shy Billy was about coming out of his shell and letting us know a little bit about himself..:shock::shock::shock:..:lol:

But, 'seriously folks', there were a couple of real gems: the lumber mill log centers (cants) sound like an excellent way to get good quality, dry fire wood......no foil and no Billy Bones sauce :wink: